Why is this considered one of the best games ever? It looks like a generic FPS game

Why is this considered one of the best games ever? It looks like a generic FPS game

Attached: 3EA3B2D7-1AA4-4BB4-A978-DDBA2774BE4F.jpg (800x1149, 172K)

>It looks like a generic FPS game
That's because it was the game to set up what generic FPS games look like

because it was 60fps. it started the whole framerate fetishizing nouveau-pc faggots subscribe to.

Singleplayer was neat and interesting, multiplayer was fun and arcadey, with the least amount of modern CoD bullshitery like annoying perks and kill streaks. It was especially fun on PC with mods like Promod, which spawned a pretty big competitive scene.

u fockin wot

It had a 100 million dollar marketing budget & class based multiplayer

>considered one of the best games ever
Is it?

"Product of its time"

Modern warfare wasn't really explored in FPS outside of Rainbow Six, Counter Strike and other tactical shooters before this one, killing off a protagonist (and controlling him limping slowly to his final breath) was novel and relatively unexpected, and the multiplayer progression stuff was new ground for FPS (even if it turned out to be cancer). It looks generic now because it was the basis for so many FPS that came after it.

Not by actual gamers but journalists & normalfags do consider it a masterpiece

I played it a ton, but would not call it one of the best games ever

single player has those cinematic moments and shit, multiplayer has fun weapons and maps despite lack of good modes and unbalanced perks

Battlefield 2 had multiplayer progression.

I’d also add that it was probably the smoothest console shooter yet, really fluid and intuitive controls and feel combined with 60fps made it an example how FPS games on consoles should feel like. It’s no wonder that people latched on to it.

Modern Warfare made it more granular. BF2's was more "eventually you'll get some sidegrade of your current loadout", MW said "keep slamming you head against a wall for 10 minutes and you'll get a better rifle". Same concept, but very different execution, and MW's execution caught on much harder.

released in 2007, aka "that year"

but unlockables in cod4 weren't straight upgrades.

m4 carbine, mp5 and m40a1 sniper all came right at the start. same with stopping power and extreme condition and steady aim.

I want to go back to the good ol' days..

Attached: CallofDutyTier.png (1120x845, 745K)

Because it was the game that set up the standards.

cod2 is so overrated. honestly was nothing that stood out in that game, except for health regen being better than health packs. the guns sounded way better in cod 1.

kids with adhd who want fast shooting and instant respawn without the skill requirement for arena shooters

>Blacks OPS in top teir
Am i being had?

what a shit list

t. MoHfag