What is truly Yea Forums's favorite TF2 map?

Let's settle this once and for all
strawpoll.com/dhzprsac

Attached: 101112-team-fortress-2-windows-front-cover[1].jpg (460x215, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/4/4d/Announcer_begins_30sec.wav
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you don't vote badwater you're a faggot

Badwater is shit, Upward is better

I'm always gonna advocate for ctf_well
>Way more open space than any other CTF map
>Doesn't stalemate all day like 2fort and Sawmill because there are more ways to navigate to the intel
>Lots of fun places to build as Engi especially when you're building in the opponent's base
I can have fun all day on ctf_well, it's a shame it doesn't get as many players as other maps

>cliffs
>snipers
>shit last
no

For me its gotta be 2fort

based gibus engie

Both are shit, Steel is the best map in the game and if you can't navigate it then you're a fucking idiot.

I like being able to rocket jump and not get blown up by stickies on every corner

WHO THE FUCK VOTED HYDRO

Badwater just has a really good first point, probably the best of any payload, but the rest of the points are crap. Upward on the other hand is the magnum opus of TF2
I think the craziest part about the map is how the name was likely an original title for the map from day one. Not that the map was litteral an upward slope, but that everything about it hinges on the uphill downhill momentum, which creates this incredible back and forth on each part if the map. Allowing huge sacrifices and gains without the awkward walls placed behind blue preventing them from being pushed back any further.

Something you see a bit in some newer valve maps, but never later on.

Oh and man the health kits on this map are like a work of genius. Upward has such a small amount of them compared to other maps but their impact is so great that I honestly feel like Valve has created 7 different ways to control battles around a single health kit.

Then there's the way that the maps corridors are actually on the sides of hills and open spaces, which makes them feel like theyre open, even though they're way more cramped than dust bowl.

And then they have this three pronged system with the cart, main path, and flank which all feed into each other, but never get too complicated or lose power over eachother. (This one is such a crazy theory That I shouldn't even start on it).

>top 3 are steel, badwater, and upward

You guys are alright.

Only correct answer

Attached: gorge.jpg (1920x1080, 375K)

Upward is an unbalanced piece of shit
RED has like a 75% lifetime win percentage on upward. If your blue team is halfway decent you'll still lose by the third point to any shitter red team.

>Badwater just has a really good first point, probably the best of any payload, but the rest of the points are crap
everything about badwater is perfect except for the house chokepoint at third. upward has far more problems.

>blue engineer can easily lockdown everything outside of last
no

still the best ad map tho

>hydro and 2fort at the top
proof Yea Forums is retarded

>only 1 person(me) voted for goldrush
I like that map, what gives?

Attached: 1541288693928.png (500x500, 132K)

>sniper city
>good

Attached: 1540707836504.jpg (262x236, 19K)

>endless chokepoints
gee user I don't know

Harvest probably the best for frags and chills. Minus hole in control point roof. Fucking tryhard soldiers.

Again, first point is good but everything after turns into a chokepoint filled mess

I thought I was the only remaining hydro fan. Thank you, Yea Forums

>RED has like a 75% lifetime win percentage on upward.
Not him but I barely see RED win on Upward

How is Upward "sniper city"? It's the one PL map I see snipers the least on

Pipeline is underrated, but I had to give it to goodwater.

Good luck finding a server. It's like a revolving door of retards who can't read signs and rage quit.

Second has an enormous flank in yard and last is MUCH more open than upward where every sentry spot has an angle outside of its firing range. Third is the only weak part of the map but I'll take that over snipers fucking everywhere on upward and having to push the cart uphill the entire way on third with a cliff next to it.

it has the most powerful sniper spots in the game bar none. Every sniper main loves that map and I've seen numerous games get carried by one good sniper on the enemy team slaughtering everybody from the playground.

>no cyberpunk

badwater

>I've seen numerous games get carried by one good sniper on the enemy team slaughtering everybody from the playground.
Isn't that literally the point of Sniper? To help the team? In that case Upward is one of the view maps where Sniper actually works as intended.

>sniper being a one man army is "working as intended"
found the sniper main

>Mario_kart
>wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/4/4d/Announcer_begins_30sec.wav
NOW THIS...this is a map.

Demo main, actually. And Sniper really isn't a "one man army" on Upward. There is enough cover and enough room to kill the snipers for them to be easily killable by any non-retard.
Unless the Sniper is actually a god at aiming (Which they most likely aren't as Sniper mains are usually just shitters) you aren't going to have a problem.

Actual playable maps:

CP:
5gorge
Badlands
Coldfront
Egypt
Freight
Gorge
Granary
Gravelpit
Well

KOTH:
Badlands
Harvest
Lakeside

PLR:
Hightower

PL:
Thundermountain
Upward

CTF:
n/a

2fort. Every other answer is wrong.

>PL:
>Thundermountain
>Upward
Where the fuck is Badwater you faggot? It's literally the best Payload map

>There is enough cover and enough room to kill the snipers for them to be easily killable by any non-retard.
how do I get out of spawn here

>Unless the Sniper is actually a god at aiming
so you only play against shitters, got it

Attached: sniper.png (1351x871, 2.16M)

or how about here

Attached: sniper 2.png (1315x909, 2.44M)

or here

Attached: sniper 3.png (1429x931, 2.06M)

>2 fort that high
I like you guys

Go soldier, get out of the spawn door on the left, shoot a rocket to distract the sniper, rocketjump to the sniper and finally kill him
Go spy, cloak behind him and backstab him or Go Soldier and do about the same thing I said above.
Go up the stairs and to the balcony, retard.

OP here, gonna leave the thread for the night and go to my shift. Gonna be back tomorrow afternoon.

Lmao get gud at sniper hunting. Spy and soldier like suggested, or just rage pyro like the newb you are.

>no one voting for mario kart
guys what the fuck

>people voting twofort

Attached: 1541206105049.gif (480x328, 1.35M)

>2fort is second

Attached: dead.jpg (320x180, 4K)

Some people like maps that aren't meme collages

Anyone that votes for 2fort is memeing, it's like when you give a poll on Yea Forums a "sneed" option, 90% will vote for "sneed"

Muh nigguh

>ctf_well
>open space
You fucking what? The map is claustrophobic as shit due to its 5CP origin, especially around the middle area with its halfway-replicated TFC train corridor.

>Steel
Who is doing this? Who is voting for this map? Point them out. show them to me.

GRAVELPIT GANG WHERE YOU AT

>he doesn't like 2fort

Attached: gay.jpg (940x518, 80K)

I would believe you if it wasn't for the only community servers that are still active is like 85% 24/7 twofort.

>shoot a rocket to distract the sniper
does nothing because he's on high ground so you have to land a direct. can't corner peek because it's a right wall. he headshots you and you crater. also a single rocket jump will come up short so it's easy for him to surf or dodge even if he misses his first shot.
>Go spy, cloak behind him and backstab him
Playing spy is the same as throwing and isn't consistent to begin with especially not in that spot where his whole team will easily see you coming and there's usually a pyro nearby airblasting players off the cliff
>Go Soldier and do about the same thing I said above.
You can't clear that with a single rocket jump without walking out in the open for 5s+
>Go up the stairs and to the balcony, retard.
Have to walk past two windows to get there, three or more if you don't take the long way

>Dude just play sniper yourself xD

badwater and upward are great, but sniper has the potential to ruin both of them so i barely end up playing those maps.

This will always be my absolute favorite map.

Attached: _31024-.jpg (1440x900, 268K)

Your post makes it clear that you are just a really shit player. If you haven't learned to not walk in a straight line, there is no helping you. Snipers have never been a problem for me.
>Inb4 b-but you only play against shit players!
I'm a massive compfag and have played several Highlander matches on upward
Git gut

2fort is the best map
>It teachers newer players how to play the game with easy to understand areas and counters to them like intel room gets countered by spy and pond gets countered by engineer. Also easy to learn rocket jumping and sticky jumping.
>Most people are memeing or snipers.
>A shitload of servers with people on them that is not jailbreak or zombie escape
>A bunch of entertaining people on mic from mic spam to screachers.
>most importantly: it is fun lol

It's shit and boring as fuck for anyone that actually wants to play the fucking game.

>Your post makes it clear that you are just a really shit player
someone who assumes the sniper is bad and will miss doesn't get to talk shit. you play against bad players and use strats that only work against bad players.

>I'm a massive compfag and have played several Highlander matches on upward
post proof
>inb4 iron

and you didn't address any of my other points either faggot

Guys, remembee ctf_well? That was one of my favorite map. To sneak past the ennemy lines as a spy, get the intel and make it back alive :)

STEAM IS DOWN

Attached: 1557607110827.gif (200x189, 742K)

Literally the perfect map
>2fort
>dustbowl
Holy fug Yea Forums is plebeians

Attached: suijin.jpg (1920x1080, 516K)

yours isn't much better
>10fps
>soldiers spamming from the rooftop all day

the shading on this map looks like shit

2fort is objectively a bad map but it is a perfect capsule of the highs and lows of TF2.

Attached: 0c3.gif (504x336, 940K)

>Weeb map
>Map made for snipers
>First release even had a sight line straight to the other side for spawn for sniper

Attached: 1518372648371.png (582x580, 174K)

it's tuesday dummy

This map and its counterpart in EYE Divine Cybermancy are the most based maps in any video game.

>2fort and dustbowl in top five
The absolute state of this board

go on, name yours. let us laugh.