Tence... Tendollars

pcgamesn.com/epic-games-store-megasale
>The panel read that “the Epic Games store Megasale is happening right now! Sign up for [two-factor authentication] in order to get $10 to spend in the store.” Clearly, the sale was not actually underway when the message arrived on the store, but Epic later confirmed that an event was on its way, with a tweet from the official Fortnite Twitter account.
Tim is so desperate he started throwing money at YOUR face

Attached: epic sale.png (905x785, 427K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/galyonkin/status/1122286978425327616
youtube.com/watch?v=Asalw1H6NH0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: 6jt3zpcak2y21.jpg (640x853, 85K)

what are they gonna sale? hades? games they gave out for free?

Still won't increase the user base.

>Clearly, the sale was not actually underway when the message arrived on the store
Isn't this a crime?

I already have 2FA. Do I get $10?

>$10
wow such a large sale. A whole ten dollars.

>So desperate for sales they have to pay YOU to buy games.
Just can't make this shit up.

Attached: 563.png (724x538, 831K)

How can they have a sale when the store doesn't even have a fucking search function without typing the exact title

>coaxing users with exclusives didn't work so now Tim is buying his customers

Attached: I like what I'm reading.jpg (416x416, 39K)

>Gaben gave your five bucks if you spent 30
>Sweeney gives you ten bucks if you let China have your telephone number
>Gaben gives you twenty dollars for Steam Sale
DO IT GABEN

>buying a customer base
8 months left, tick-tock

Ex-Unreal engine hobby dev here. I pretty much had to get two factor authentication to stop Chinese botters from trying to steal my account. I was getting failed login messages every other hour. Fuck these guys. I quit fucking with their store after that.

can't wait to finally buy super meat boy

Is the EGS 2FA still fundamentally broken?

They’re already at 85 mil.

Attached: E99A67D5-23FA-43D5-9039-C960ECDAEE30.jpg (650x365, 33K)

>Please use our store, we'll give you some spending money to get started!

How many are kids that only play Fortnite?

"mega sale"

there are what, like 20 titles in total on the store? half of which were either given for free or been bundled to death, the others which are mediocre exclusives.

the majority of the 'free ten dollars' will just go to fortnite passes

Probably a good 90% at least

>kids playing fortnite
>pc

lol

They could offer 100 dollars and I still wouldn't take their spyware on my computer

They are giving away a free game every two weeks. Of course they have a ton of users. You set up shell accounts, claim the games, and then sell them.

Reminder this is the company that says they can't add games to their store too fast because it would disrupt other games from being patched.

how many are active and not just accounts created by a bot using random email addresses?

citation needed

>give us your phonenumber, adress, and social security number so we can sell ALL your personal info, and we might give you a chance to PAY US a little less for our overpriced products with drm.
They probably don't care if you give them money at this point. They just want your data.

Attached: 1443130109559.png (500x667, 171K)

B-but i though it was the developers that decided who won?
Why do they want my money so bad?

Fuck I wish I hadn't deleted that Sergey tweet I saved. That was genuinely one of the dumbest thing's I'd ever read about the Epic Game Store

twitter.com/galyonkin/status/1122286978425327616

And yet they could only sell 250k copies of World War Z

Attached: 1484422388581.jpg (623x414, 118K)

they want you to adopt 2fa because they won't stop seamonkeys from bruteforcing your account from a nation you don't live in and will never visit
collecting info about you is just a side benefit

Anyone who actually has this fucking shit game launcher/store installed is a fucking retard and needs to be culled from existence.

Attached: 1554844704861.gif (600x372, 3.99M)

>”We’re having a sale, now GIVE MY CHINESE FRIENDS YOUR PERSONAL INFO in order to participate”

I hope something really unsavory happens to Tim Sweeney

Come cull me, sweetie.

>still hasn't automated the update process
Wow.

Attached: 1546389957687.jpg (580x348, 58K)

Thanks user, god that's so fucking dumb

Attached: 1497249522958.jpg (340x406, 48K)

They really do have a lot of money to throw around hey. Paying publishers, paying journalists and now paying customers.
What exactly is Tim's plan here? How long does he expect this to last, seriously

>Ah sweet, ten bucks
>lemme just search for games to spend it on
>no search function

China has 0 self awareness

Attached: 1542062091284.gif (185x200, 1004K)

>[two-factor authentication]
Let me guess, they want my phone number for this?

>How long does he expect this to last, seriously

However long it takes to gain a foothold in the PC space, or whenever his company runs out of Fortnite money

>They’re already at 85 mil.
>meanwhile WWZ sold only 250k copies
Embarrassing on a platform with 15 games on it.

Of course

Probably betting it all on the store catching on somehow before the money runs dry, it worked for other companies and industries but also ruined a lot of others.

>it worked for other companies and industries
That's cause they own big sellers and even then ubishit games are still on steam.

>Sign up for [two-factor authentication] in order to get $10 to
>Sign up for [two-factor authentication]
I am not selling my phone data to the Chinese for a mere $10.

before epic copied pubg, they were in a big failure streak with their own titles, while getting safe returns from engine licenses
using fortnite revenue to try to broaden safe revenue generation without assuming the risk of development is the goal

I'm not really aware of companies who tried it to this extent before. Most publishers don't throw around millions buying everyone it can, they just release their own games on their own stors.
Tim is unhinged. I have no idea how much he's put into this little project of his but I can't imagine his investors and stockholders are going to be happy with his bullshit for much longer unless he starts turning a profit with this little project.

>Most of the interesting games are "coming soon"
Welp. What now.

You can actually see everything available to purchase in a few scrolls.

Attached: 1544218142199.gif (540x304, 1.62M)

Basically they are paying $10 for store users to provide their smartphone number.

people still use 2FA through SMS?
unless it's the only thing epic are offering, y'all retarded
if it's the only thing epic is offering, the situation is worse than I could ever have imagined

>give the chinks access to your phone AND computer and we'll give you 10 bucks

fuck, do you need to have fortnite to get the 10 bucks? It's a pretty sweet deal

I signed up for 2fa back when I was getting shitloads of emails from the store about people trying to access my account. Can I disable it and sign up again and get 10 dollars?

Don't use your phone number, SMS is the least safe option for 2FA.

Use an app like Google Authenticator.

My mouse doesn't have a scroll wheel and trying to click a paper-thin scrollbar doesn't appeal to me.

>had it installed for Unreal Tournament (yeah I played it before they abandoned it)
>now they give free games

Free games are free games man. Last week they gave Transisitor and I enojyed it a lot.

I mean why not just torrent it at that point?

>>Gaben gives you twenty dollars for Steam Sale
steam has waaaay more users. There's no way they could afford giving 20 bucks for everybody.

They count the account i created to download unreal tournment years ago but look at blizzard they have more than 150M accounts created

You don't need to use your phone number for 2FA.

Here on any other service btw.

>I enojyed it a lot.
a lot of people enjoy taking it up the ass

Space bar, arrow keys.

Cause redeeming it literally costs them money.

...can you even buy anything for 10 bucks on EGS?

Nice. Chinks are gonna destroy Steam

Your mom, for example.

.0001 social credits

>Owned by tencent
>the main technology company on china
>Probably linked the EGS account to all other tencent services
>so anyone on china who has a mobile will have an EGS account by default

For a country with around 1 billion people, 85 millions isn't a lot.

Just use the search options to search games under certain price.

Oh wait.

valve can give you money the same way they did with the lunar new year sale: by effectively reducing their own take in total sales from the purchases you make by rewarding you for making purchases

>our security is dogshit and we don't want to improve it!
>use 2FA for ten dollars off your next purchase!

Scummy as fuck

Did they really steal the Gabe Newell Steam sale meme pic?

They did. They did AND they made it themselves. This is a whole new level of low.

This whole thing is a like twilight zone game of limbo with epic.

Attached: download.jpg (300x168, 12K)

at this point they're just burning money to try and force enough people on their platform that they can get a steady revenue from it. the problem with that is they have little good will with the consumers they're targeting and they're blissfully unaware that they're also competing against piracy.

Bigger version. They literally now declaring themselves saints because no one else is going to do it. Unbelievable.

Attached: when_is_the_next_steam_sale.jpg (960x540, 51K)

you know they lump in console users and mobile users into that number, right?

BUT TIM SAD NO SALES
WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO STEAMLADS?
THE EPICBRAHS WILL BE DABBING ON US!!!

To be fair, every company should encourage their users to use 2FA.

Imagine the manpower lost on customer support on all those retards who fall for phishing and russian hackers.

Is that really 40% who don't use steam or just 40% their spyware couldn't find the steam installation on? I only have EGS on another computer for unreal engine 4

Attached: 1553389679817.jpg (620x349, 20K)

>Gloat about 85 million users
>Still have to add a game or an update manually

Holy kek. Btw why tencent doesn't send them one or two hundred chinese children so they can "automate" the process like they "automate" their fake products?

Attached: tumblr_inline_one2jbdNT41rc44di_540[1].jpg (540x360, 57K)

Sale?
But I consider everything on the EGS free anyway

Can you buy anything with 10 Chinese Yuan?

yes shame on pcgamesN

I already get every game for free though. This sale doesn't seem that good.

DO YOU WANT A BANANA?

Remember around 2011 when steam had bombass sales were you had a lot of bundles, dailies, flashes and all this shit...nowadays it's probably some 5 months since I had bought some game

Steam sales in the past — and I'm talking 2011 to 2013 — were pretty great, but I don't remember ever getting store credit just handed to me.

That said, I'm not going to spend actual money on the Epic Games store until its client is actually worth using. So maybe I'll log in, get my $10, and buy a game that costs less than $10. But there's nothing on the Epic Games store that I want badly enough to start giving my own money to a platform that pays for exclusivity instead of improving itself.

J U S T
U
S
T

Attached: 1552115200084.png (472x182, 23K)

Jesus, you kids are fucking dumb.

>retard that fell for the worst sale fallacy
>too stupid to realize the sales are the same but earlier sales "felt" bigger because it was the first time tons of games were available for cheap

Subhuman shit right there.

Attached: 1556928315285.jpg (720x456, 196K)

PEEL IT DOWN AND GO "MM-MM-MM-MMMM"

>Epic getting desperate so soon
Nice

they have more money than god
at this point its not even about making a profit

So how are they running it?

*farts+

Attached: 1557346708013.jpg (480x360, 12K)

says it on the asterisk, based on user surveys. aka irrelevant garbage data.

Didn't Timmy sale they can't afford sales at 12%?

>i wont sell my data to the chinese
>give it to eu/us for free

Yeah, counting all the "accounts" for console and mobile fortnite users. Fucking kys shill.

There are plenty of phone apps based on an open standard.
For example, Google Authenticator.

You then scan a QR, and the app will generate a 6 digit code each minute.

I recommend using it on all your important stuff. Imagine losing lour whole Steam account to a Bulgarian script kiddie.

Steam, GoG, Humble Bundle, Epic, Ubisoft, Origin, etc all offer 2FA.

Because most companies are funded by inverstors, so they expect a short term plan, a mid term plan, and a long term plan.

Sweany is just thinking about the long term plan, HOPING that it works because he doesn't think that fortnite fad can stop, he expects that fortnite will give them the exact same money each month for at least a few years.

Hey, if it works, good for him, but no amount of money is TOO much money for the plan to fail. He is obviously desperate, letting the chinese buy most of the company, Paying devs hundreds of thousands of dollars so they don't publish their game on steam, while he can't hire a team of competent devs to make an actual good launcher with at least he basic options steam offers.

Tbh I would be on Epics side if their strategy were "look, we can do the same steam does, but BETTER" instead of just "hey, you want that game? you have to buy it from US".

Guys, I think I can get a job at Epic. I'm mentally retarded, so my decisions would be on par with theirs.

>t-those don't count because they only play Fortnite
>and only use EGS for free games!
But I bet all the Steam accounts used to just play one game like CSGO, or even better a free to play game like Dota 2, count, right?

Attached: 1527118524269.jpg (700x700, 68K)

*sharts*

Attached: 1557502252542.jpg (650x718, 215K)

Remove all the accounts that only exist for a F2P game like Fortnite or Dota 2 and see how that adds up.

Hell, Ubisoft's strategy was way better. They allow third party stores, but you have to use our launcher anyways.

I hope they do that again for the summer sale. I want sekiro but I have a good feeling it's not going to be on sale (activision).

>can't even handle the back ends correctly
>still has the balls to charge 12%

user, I know how 2FA works, I'm asking HOW Epic are doing theirs. Are they going through an app, SMS, other email?

Gracefully perhaps, but not greaseless.

Ahh I'm blind, makes sense

This image seems to be suggesting that there are no morbidly obese white people.

Email or app.

There's not even an option for SMS, so they can't gettt your phone number even if you wanted to.

Uplay system desu is fucking weird, you have to use their launcher AND steam at the same time.

So you buy an ubi game from steam, that game is added to your ubi library too, BUT you have to install it from steam, and launch it while steam is running.

Also you have to buy the DLCs from steam if you bought the steam version, because for them, it is not the same game id.

I honestly don't think they have as much money as everyone likes to believe. They made a lot of money with fortnite and their engine. Investors saw an opportunity and got involved. Now they launch their own store to keep the money rolling and get a steady income, however they underestimated what they were getting involved in. I'm also pretty sure they underestimated how much money they would have to invest in this.

Regardless of how much Tim wants to keep pushing into this limbo of a store he has created the investors want to see a return on their money. Whether that xomes from fortnite or their game engine. If Tim is confident enough that those can keep generating enough money to keep his project going then good on him. But at the moment he is burning a lot of money and he's looking desperate.

>So you buy an ubi game from steam, that game is added to your ubi library too

Can you at this point close Steam and run it through Uplay?
As in get a game on a Steaam sale if it beats the Uplay store price?

I'm not sure what exactly you're implying but recent Steam sales are OBJECTIVELY different from the Steam sales of several years ago. Daily deals and flash sales are gone, which has generally meant smaller discounts, because publishers and developers who might have been willing to give their game an extra deep discount for a day or a few hours are unwilling to do the same for an entire two-week event. In some ways, this is good, because now people don't have to worry about buying a game at a discount during a sale only to see it with an even greater discount the next day, and Steam doesn't have to worry about all those people requesting refunds. Regardless, however, it's a fact that Steam sales are not the same as they have always been.

In addition to earlier Steam sale events having daily deals and flash sales, they more often had giveaways, and — for what it's worth — they also had more interesting gimmicks, e.g., special achievements in a number of games which could be unlocked to earn prizes or to gain entrance into said giveaways. Now every Steam sale is just "here, have some trading cards", and that's it.

I'm not saying Steam sales aren't good anymore. They're fine. There are always some good games with decent discounts, and Steam has sales more often than many other stores. But pretending that Steam sales weren't better or at least more interesting before just exposes you as a newfag.

black women are the fattest demographic, but it is obviously true that there are a lot of lardass whites

This makes them look really really bad. I work for a company that roll out live services weekly. People download apps from there, use multiple DBs and we push updates live daily. All this happens automatically through our pipelines. How the fuck can a company like Epic not have something as barebones as that...it's fucking insanity

Tried it with wildlands a few months ago.
When I tried to install it from uplay it told me I had to install it from steam.

Also you have to have steam running with the account linked to your uplay account to run it.

That was at least a few months ago.

>trying to take over Saint Gaben's spot by just photoshopping their on his face
Some people like to earn their accolades. Others just buy them and photoshop their logos onto others'.

youtube.com/watch?v=Asalw1H6NH0

Same thing with watchdogs. It's annoying having to use a drm inside another drm

Which is why you pirate Ubisoft games.

Yeah, all that good stuff was before discount system was implemented.

shit, I meant refund system

>while he can't hire a team of competent devs to make an actual good launcher
He's a fucking billionaire, I just don't understand it

Attached: 15560885742970.jpg (900x1200, 606K)

People like that get rich by pinching pennies and cutting costs.

salary is for people that need to hire smarter accountants