Ace Attorney

WHEN THE FUCK IS AA7

MEANWHILE POST YOUR FAVORITE CASE

Attached: 1542833340874.jpg (640x640, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

playstationtrophies.org/forum/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trilogy/334489-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trilogy-platinum-walkthrough-2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6e9iR-hNKWY
cbsnews.com/news/michigan-murder-could-african-grey-parrot-serve-as-witness-in-trial-martin-duram/
youtube.com/watch?v=k3vMziPhQiM
youtube.com/watch?v=aWYtdeH4Whg
youtube.com/watch?v=iS7irscxVx0
youtube.com/watch?v=-L29-dbnY7k
youtu.be/vgW2Yv7yADw
youtube.com/watch?v=z1eTjpcaquI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just want to say that one thing i love about Dai Gyakuten Saiban is how grounded it feels in comparison to the original series. As much as i like the spirit channeling stuff, im also glad it is nonexistent, and never a factor in any of the cases. The game just feels less nonsensical in general too.

Which is also why Iris feels so out of place

Attached: payne japanese.png (400x240, 81K)

Turnabout Big Top isn't as bad as everyone says it is, absurd yeah but definitely interesting. I also don't didn't find the characters really annoying at all, although maybe I'm more tolerant than average, I liked Moe in particular.

The thing with that case is that it's a good premise, but awkwardly written. Moe's good, the real awful character is Ben/Trilo.

>Dai Gyakuten Saiban
>grounded

Attached: Iris.Watson.full.2151836.png (878x850, 463K)

I feel like it strikes the perfect balance of comedy on its writing too, sometimes the later ones have been way too wacky and memey in my mind. This game is just amazing overall, can't wait for the translation of the second one to drop.

Problem is how you progress. Most confusing case of the series, not helped by all the testimonies that amount to fuckall and are super confusing as to what to present and where.

Yeah, first day is just a whole bunch of extreme nothing and you haven't even seen Acro yet

Interestingly, the anime did that case a lot better than the game

Let's get this out of the way

Attached: ANMAN_Cv3-asjkhdfas70.jpg (417x306, 63K)

Jesus christ I'm going to hurl, who thought that would be a good idea?

The thing is that narratively, at least to me, the case gave me the impression that the real killer is supposed to be sympathetic (and on opposite side defendant is an annoying ass clown whom you don't really want to defend, but then it switches at the end).

But the thing is that I have zero sympathy for Acro, I don't think he has any moral ground on taking his pretty much foster dad's daughter's life. Yes, she's retarded, but did he stop to think that he grieved as much about Acro's bro as his own son? And now he decided to take his daughter too? Fuck off asshat.

Fuck mean to reply to

Could've fooled me, it fits too well

Attached: 6b0a1ad148b643bdb0c3c0b1c8573d19.jpg (1400x1400, 128K)

why
like why would you not play a game like this yourself

>The game just feels less nonsensical in general too.
Dude. In order to deliver a verdict the jury has to hit a lever which flings a flaming torch through the air into a larger torch to make it heavier.

As far as watching let's plays go, visual novels are the most justifiable as it's no different than setting them on auto but with a commentator now.

>the real awful character is Ben/Trilo.
What even was the point of him? Ventriloquism isn't even a circus act, really.

Yeah, but it's Egoraptor we're talking about. They will absolutely give every character silly voiced and not read text.

Yeah Acro's a complete cunt and the whole "sympathetic villain" angle was forced as fuck.

Mimi from the same game works way better as a sympathetic villain since she never really wanted to kill the guy in the first place.

The thing is that AA isn't anywhere near a strict visual novel, though. A lot of the fun comes from your own realizations, and a let's play IS very good at spoiling a story.

>since she never really wanted to kill the guy in the first place.
what
she was somewhat sympathetic but she DEFINITELY wanted to do that

>I didn't forge anything I swear
kek Imagine being Wright

Attached: 1555951578824.png (308x310, 93K)

It also feels weird that you prove in court that the animal tamer girl essentially committed negligent homicide a few months ago but no legal consequences for her seem to result from this.

Oh no, she wanted to kill that dude, but she was somewhat sympathetic because her life really went to shit because of a small mistake.

What the fuck did they do to Pearl's character?

Attached: 1561651.png (1395x217, 56K)

dark age of law time boys

>I CAN CONVINCE MIA TO FORCE HERSELF TO BE CHANNELLED MR NICK PLEASE SHE JUST NEEDS YOUR [ Penix Wright ]

What did Capcom mean by this?

>gets disbarred for this
>meanwhile the prosecutor continues to pull new evidence out of nowhere mid-trial in the same game
what the fuck

She doesn't even ship Nick with Maya anymore does she? At least not openly anyway

I don't think Pearl ever gets to interact with Maya and Phoenix at the same time in DD or SoJ

Attached: Dzk23ZCUYAA_0xt.jpg orig.jpg (1035x1137, 240K)

I always disliked the spiritual stuff in these games, or these unexplained superpowers of Apollo and Athena, that's something I liked of Ace Attorney Investigations.

She's dominate Phoenix in the bedroom someday

Just finished Apollo Justice, why is ema such a bitch?

I think it's a well-established fact that prosecutors are treated with much more favoritism than Defense attorneys in the AA universe

didn't get her dream job, she's bitter

Its investigations are objectively a pain in the ass, unless you like Presenting everything/everyone to everyone every chance you get. Look at this walkthrough, so much shit that could've been default conversation topics
playstationtrophies.org/forum/phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trilogy/334489-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-trilogy-platinum-walkthrough-2.html

Wasn't Edgeworth known to do stuff lkke this early in his career before Wright knocked him down a peg

Moe is good, him being the one who gets singled out as being annoying instead of Trilo or something was always dumb

I'm still sort of confused as to how "sympathetic" Acro was supposed to even be honestly. There was this clear undertone that, if he had the chance to try again, he might try to kill Regina again. He was pretty much consumed with the idea of getting revenge even though he knew it made no logical sense to do so.

Acro was *meant* to be sympathetic, but the case's writing just doesn't sell it well as JFA was fairly rushed. They reused the idea in 5-DLC, which does it way better.

Attached: 5-DLC Azure.webm (1136x640, 1.94M)

It isn't but is still the worst case of the entire series.
>b-but muh serenade
It wasn't that bad either and after thinking about it a little it does make sense.

I like Serenade!

desu how ema feels is how most people do when they grow up adults with responsibilities and reality

>tfw liked turnabout big top

i love ema in AJ, i'm sad they turned her boring in SoJ

I honestly disliked Serenade a lot more, I feel like the memes about the video and the one part of the trial regarding the suggested criminal method being the blind kid doing everything overshadows the rest of the negatives. For me it honestly is the only case where I really didn't enjoy anything about it, every other case at least has certain things about it that I liked.

Yeah, I feel the same way. The video and the plotholes are a definite problem, but we've had cases like 5-2 or whatever that make zero sense as well but just have enough fun characters to make it fine. 4-3 has the issue that the case is shit, but more importantly, everyone in the case is really boring.

Attached: 52529801_p1.jpg (600x905, 480K)

Who?

I can't believe she has fanart

Attached: 1552194024065.png (595x768, 198K)

Funny joke.

It's Penny a witness from case 1-3. The very very plain girl.

I remember her face, but not her name or what case she's even from. The Steel Samurai one? Also, typing that actually jogged my memory that her name is Penny.

she actually, weirdly, comes back in AAI2
wasn't memorable there either though

post more Myriam.

Miles using logic to create clews or the logic chess to extract info from suspects is really great...the brain is such magical weapon.

Just starting this case, didnt expect her at all

Attached: Screenshot_20190514-133354~01.jpg (1080x822, 159K)

Attached: eureka.png (650x1058, 227K)

Attached: 1497972742200.png (768x256, 299K)

Every single character from the first game is memorable. They just [usually] aren't cartoonish caricatures that are entirely defined by one aspect.

Yet you use magical items just deduce simple shit as well.

Penny's gimmick was literally that she was forgettable though, characters constantly forget what her name is. It's more blatant in the nip script.

Also the older games is victim to some pretty dated humor, like that one leet speak dude from 1-3 who wasn't even included in the anime adaptation.

Sal Manella absolutely was in the anime

Yeah, Sal is definitely a dated character trope but he's definitely still memorable in my opinion. The most egregious references are still in T&T though (There's a 'ghost in the shell' reference that feels really shoehorned in, along with the Harlem Shake, and 300) and it's generally viewed as the best game in the series.

>MEANWHILE POST YOUR FAVORITE CASE
I2-5

Harlem Shake was always a dance and it became a meme years after T&T.

It's still pretty ridiculous, just a really boring brand of it.

You dont have to think he's justified to feel sympathy, you dont even need like the dude. The fact that in his rage he killed the one person he loved the most, and that that thought makes him cry, its a sympathetic situation. He's still evil, and a killer, but one can understand the pain of that context.

rise from the ashes says he was given falsified evidence by his superiors but he didn't know it was forged

Read
They humanise Acro by showing even ruthless killers feel grief. They never try to make you think he's innocent.

T&T is good but definitely has the memeiest localization out of all of them

The series did a lot of twists, but Im surprised they never turned one of the reoccurring characters into a surprise killer.
Like Maggie gets falsely accused what, three times? It would be interesting if the fourth she was actually guilty

I can't really imagine any of the main cast doing that without it seeming really edgy to be honest, AA's a pretty light-hearted series all in all

Accidental kills aren't edgey.

It still doesn't work for me in context of Ace Attorney, because I think most characters, at least definitely up to that point, have been most human. Even the villains, like Vasquez who literally is only guilty of self-defense.

Well, they tried doing that with Dual Destinies in the worst way possible.

AAs anime made me want to play the games

Currently on Apollos game

That's dangerous ground to tread depending on how established said character is.

Meh. Ever since one the villains have been a mix between "Heartless monster" and "I didnt mean to!", Acro just falls into the latter category and I appreciate his breakdown showing his grief over his mistake. People are really over thinking it cause they hate that case cause memes.

Best Girl.

Attached: 6592A4BA-0628-48F3-8945-C492C220381C.png (135x172, 39K)

Attached: DHATSziVYAE9T1t.jpg orig.jpg (580x950, 78K)

I WANNA PLAY DGS2 NOW.

Attached: F280EDF6-BC37-4456-AE46-ACC618067B53.png (293x483, 182K)

youtube.com/watch?v=6e9iR-hNKWY

Attached: 37704407_p0.png (840x1050, 472K)

No, it's shit. Nothing in that case made sense. From Acro "pinning" the crime to Max even though the murder weapon and Russell coming out wearing Max's clothes were purely coincidental to why would anyone try to move the whole box instead of just taking what's inside.

Attached: CP6R2xSUcAA6TD6.png orig.png (600x917, 414K)

It's fine. Bet you also think the water temple is the worst thing to ever exist too.

Extremely underappreciated girl.

Not sure how that's related. You sure you're not suffering from brain aneurysm from replaying Big Top too many times?

Play DGS.

>cool eyes
>likes fast cars
Best girl

i would main blackquill so hard.

/x/-chan is cute!

GIVE ME DGS2

Translation when?

Gregory was a good lawyer

I wonder why AA7 is taking so long to be announced, is it the HD models or are they having trouble with the direction of the story?

Eventually.

Attached: DIm1ru9UwAE4vZY.jpg orig.jpg (800x600, 79K)

Susato would throw the competition out the window

Story. The Switch has been out long enough for them to you with graphics and mechanics, but with Apollo's arc done and his badly they squandered Athena in SoJ, my thinking is they're having trouble coming up with something and are still blindly following the idea that Phoenix needs to be in every godamn game. His arc is fine in the OG series, leave him be!

Attached: 1499284331047.gif (1440x810, 713K)

Yeah, I hope they grow the pair and start to fade Phoenix into more of a recurring Mia-esque character or lesser than the main character, His arc has been done for a long time. Although I will give props to SoJ for doing the best it could with him as Apollo's mentor. The only two directions I can forsee AA7 taking is either switching to Apollo and him having a follow-up arc in Khura'in or focusing more on Athena. I think the latter is more needed though since SoJ was basically Apollo's second game.

>His arc is fine in the OG series
End of AA3 felt like his story was just starting though. He's fucked as as character now after the past couple games if anything - and it's really hard to fuck up a protagonist in a story like this because I feel they don't actually matter that much really, it's basically everyone else around the lawyer protagonist that makes things interesting anyway.

The writers being unable to get away from this idea that the protagonist has to be some rookie all the time is the main thing holding the series back I feel. Personally I don't mind having a new protagonist, I don't see any point in just making that protagonist another rookie lawyer though, we've had that arc already (more than once now)

AA7 should focus on Athena getting over her fears and Phoenix fully stepping into the mentor role that he dabbled in in SoJ.

>tired of Apollo
>don't like Athena
M-Maybe they'll introduce a new character.

Attached: 1542614974303.jpg (152x224, 21K)

Gina Lestrade has a fantastic cockney accent in the fan translation.

Attached: latest[1].png (564x1879, 1.09M)

5-3 had some nice scenes of Phoenix mentoring Athena
that game did a decent job of making the two feel pretty close too I thought, AA6 tried to force it between Phoenix and Apollo but they have no real relationship really so it felt flat and unconvincing in my opinion

Yamazaki stepped down from the head director role right? Who's going to helm the series next?

That's the one thing I hated the most from DD. She's older than Trucy yet acts 5 years younger. It's like the designers decided to keep her the same as she was in the original trilogy. Also for a 17 year old she's small as fuck.

Attached: Trucy and Pearsl.png (2560x1440, 1.03M)

He didn't do all the cases in 6 as it is, he was supervising some other dude for some of the cases. That guy will probably take over I guess.

Would be nice to get a clean slate of sorts but 6 ended things in a total mess so I dunno what they're going to do.

What IS lateral think?

Attached: 1555878388921.gif (512x512, 2.36M)

She is. Ahlbi is taller than her.

I know it's pure coincidence, but I think it's kinda fitting that the trial took place the same year the meme became popular

Attached: AAM.png (2560x1440, 2.95M)

This happened in 2016.

cbsnews.com/news/michigan-murder-could-african-grey-parrot-serve-as-witness-in-trial-martin-duram/

Fuck Athena, bring someone new and unrelated for AA7 or give new prosecutor investigation

>Fuck Athena
Happily!

Athena deserves to be the central playable protagonist. Doesn't have to be ABOUT her but she should be the key player character.

Nice

Attached: DvLO4MIVsAAfNst.jpg orig.jpg (1114x1573, 256K)

her gimmick so boring though

add penalties and it's fixed, it's literally just another type of cross-examination

>AA4 introduced Trucy
>AA5 introduced Athena
>AA6 introduced Rayfa
Wonder what sort of daughter Phoenix will get next how hard would fujos and shippers seethe if we get a bastard child of his from his travels in Europe or something pop up?

Attached: 1541275271843.jpg (1280x720, 210K)

Best story goes to 2-4, but my favorite to replay is 1-5. Ah fuck it, full ranking.

Top: 1-4, 1-5, 2-4, 3-2, 5-DLC, 6-2, 6-5, AAI1-2, AAI2-3, AAI2-5
High: 2-2, 3-5, 4-1, 4-4, 5-5, 6-3, AAI1-5, AAI2-1, AAI2-4, PLvPW-4, DGS1-3, DGS2-2, DGS2-3, DGS2-5
Good: 1-3, 3-1, 3-4, 5-3, 6-1, 6-4, AAI1-4, AAI2-2, PLvPW-2, DGS1-1, DGS1-5
Eh: 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 4-2, 4-3, 5-1, 5-2, 5-4, 6-DLC, AAI1-1, PLvPW-1, PLvPW-3, DGS1-2, DGS2-1, DGS2-4
Shit: 2-3, 3-3, AAI1-3, DGS1-4

I'll happily replay any case except those fucking four.

Of what? DGS1?

That's literally my exact ranking except for the fact that I like 3-3. You're pretty based user.

If being a defense attorney attracted cute girls in real life I would have become one a long time ago man.

I love Jinx!

The problem there is that Arco wanted to kill someone, he just killed the wrong person. He only feels bad he killed the man who took him in.
That doesn't change the fact he had a plan that involved murder.

Attached: 52529801_p6.jpg (740x740, 590K)

The one time Edgeworth used Psychic Lie Detection gumshoe made it worse and caused even more Psycho locks to appear.

>Fan translation
Trash

You're wrong about AAI2 having top cases.
But I'll give you points for not putting 3-5 in top tier, most overrated non AAI2 case in the franchise

It was amazing when he saw 5 psyche locks on Larry and was "fuck it, will force you to confess in the court like it or not" Pheonix should have done that more often

Explain, you shit stain.

Post yfw Gumshoe is the murder victim of AA7 case 5

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

>yfw DGS gets translated
>It actually manages to have worse pacing and less interesting cases than DD and SoJ

It's not fucking fair

Attached: aa.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

I'll slit my dick

Apparently the second game completely overturns it. The game has awful standalone appeal but as a piece of a larger puzzle it's satisfying.

>Not official translation
>'voice actors' lack charm

>and then Pearls was the culprit

Left: Soul
Right: Soulless

Attached: ss.png (2136x1180, 2.99M)

sorry i'm late

Attached: 1535719732204.jpg (750x750, 198K)

AA7 should tie both Investigations and AA in a single game and focus the story on this cutie, that or just make Investigations 3 and focus on the Dark Age of Law that you guys keep complaining about retards that it wasn't mentioned enough.

Attached: daughterwife.png (300x450, 92K)

You're free to think what you want but you're a fucking moron.

like retards*

Attached: best ship.jpg (560x650, 67K)

>the DD model
that's cheating and you know it
Also, Apollo Justice looks fantastic remastered

Attached: 1526103282554.jpg (827x1170, 382K)

This is hilarious considering you're not using the DS version of Apollo Justice.

It's still more soulful than DD

hrrnng colonel i'm trying to sneak around

Attached: 1532399608244.gif (256x192, 1.93M)

I actually prefer the sprite version. The clean version looks like it was drawn with vectors in flash or some shit.

UNMISSABLE

Quite the ship you have there

Attached: 1557664119257.jpg (630x468, 51K)

STOP IT HURTS

I just wanna shitpost
I know the model gets a lot better in SoJ

Attached: SoJ vs DD.png (5120x1440, 2.08M)

Will he and Edgeworth be /in/?

Attached: phoenixsmash.jpg (1280x1000, 145K)

Kay makes a terrible first impression in her debut game partly because the only connection she has to the lead characters is a chance meeting they don't even initially remember. It also doesn't help that her primary contribution to investigations is flashing a device her father made, she herself adds nothing but theft jokes and pushiness.

i would shit my pants

probably not, though it wouldn't surprise me

Are retards constantly saying "BUT THE COURTROOM LAWS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!?!?!?!" the worst part about being a fan of the series?

Attached: dusk.gif (192x224, 42K)

I'd say so. Looking at the twitch chat of a streamer playing an Ace Attorney game can be pretty painful at times, I mean, more painful than Twitch chat typically is.

How would you make future Ace Attorney games more replayable?

Going back to DD makes me appreciate the model updates of SoJ even more

>time: infinite
>not 3 days
this bothers me

Attached: bustup_08_13 (Texture 0).png (960x560, 90K)

Yo fuck Gaspen, atleast Winston has morals, this nigga deadass wants to see Wright's head on a plate

the MIB show up when you finish the game and flash your memory of it away

proceduraly generated

Attached: BrhH23YCYAAIB-W.png orig.png (660x700, 387K)

Ace Attorney girls > Danganronpa girls
still like both series though

What the fuck is a clown going to do at a Rakugo show

You have the right to be wrong, which you are.
Stay furious.

Kino picture

Attached: DOUBT.gif (245x160, 322K)

You should ask the expert on that matter.

Attached: damedame.png (1920x1080, 1.07M)

make an official AAO

JUST HOW STRONG IS MEME MAGIC

Attached: milkies panicked.gif (136x184, 113K)

Based taste, anons. It is time

Attached: 1519950778564.jpg (397x399, 173K)

I can't think of a better witness/culprit. Paul Atishon is just pure kino.
BANZAI! BANZAI! BANZAI! BANZAI! BANZAI!

Rank games by OST
Personally, mine is:
AJ > SoJ > AAI2 > T&T > AAI > AA > DD > JfA

A rookie lawyer turning bad or becoming a second Von Karma would be nice, albeit a little edgy.

Attached: 1197504127224.gif (109x132, 2K)

Attached: 1476520321008.png (750x642, 176K)

Doubling down on your stupid worldview doesn't make it right.

Calling something stupid doesn't mean it's incorrect.

I bet you like that terrible 'Overruled'

Daily reminder.

Attached: cucktectives.png (1069x802, 553K)

AAI2 is way to high, most of the songs were meh, with some being outright trash, like Investigation ~ Core. How do you fuck up that song?

Ask that to DD, AJ and AAI2 indeed. Thank god SoJ (Japanifornia) and DGS redeemed the garbage tier core themes.

Attached: Kasumi_Morgan.png (601x1133, 456K)

i wanna kick her box

AJ was alright, DD was just a remix of AAI.

A shame Miles never fucked her.

Attached: 1554149884678.png (234x347, 29K)

Attached: 1554714694827.png (2500x2500, 1.75M)

Attached: C7xkQs9VMAA7NYz.png orig.png (900x1452, 1.56M)

AA > SoJ > AJ

Then the rest. There are good songs in there obviously like Great Revival, Court Begins 2004 and etc, but I find these three to be the best. I'd unironically say that Sugimori is half-responsible for the success of the entire series.

>miles being too much of a doofus to notice her attempts during this 24-hour long date
Until someone pointed out that the japanese and the fan-translated versions of her sprites were different I wouldn't even have considered that the brands in were edited. The fan-translation is often under criticism (which I can understand) but they did a stellar job. Sebastian's objection is absolutely perfect

Attached: 24-HOURS.png (1076x807, 554K)

>AA7
Pearls will finally be legal
What are you gonna do to her anons?

Attached: pearls.png (792x1105, 939K)

ignore her, she is the worst fey

Attached: 1554713159922.jpg (500x780, 88K)

she's legal in SoJ already

Make way for the best.

~ My Perfect Alibi ~
youtube.com/watch?v=k3vMziPhQiM

Attached: Roger_Retinz_-_coin_flip.gif (454x270, 465K)

trucy and pearl are so fucking hot

best AA girls

Attached: 1554679792200.jpg (578x758, 336K)

>Heed my words, lawyer lad, for I fear your grip on reality is slipping. I believe I said my magic is the real deal! It requires no tricks or gimmicks.

Attached: 1554679128858.jpg (799x999, 80K)

youtube.com/watch?v=aWYtdeH4Whg
youtube.com/watch?v=iS7irscxVx0

Attached: 2003839490.gif (200x208, 3.66M)

>still no official phoenix X maya romance
Come the FUCK on, they are both BOOMERS now. I hate when japan does that

that's because Phoenix is for Iris!

I don't even care
He is more than 30 yo now.
Just marry him to somebody, anybody. It's too fucking sad right now.

Will they ever do a sequel to the crossover with this guy?

Attached: 7B41C3F3-5B28-4BDE-9618-1A1A20BF64A8.jpg (916x1509, 70K)

>Ema gets to live with Apollo in Khura'in while Trucy stays in America.

Attached: 156745312343.jpg (663x579, 38K)

what did capcom mean by this?

Attached: ast.png (2153x363, 534K)

AAI2 > AAI > AJ > AA > SoJ > T&T > JfA > DD
AA's shit is fucking iconic, and when it's outstanding it's outstanding, but it's not as consistent as other games.
JfA is burdened by its weird soundfont, but it has some decent ones. Best Investigation themes.
T&T is quite better than JFA, but not as great as AA. It's got a more "bleep-bloop" kinda sound going, though.
AJ has one of the sexiest soundfonts of all time. I love it a lot, but a lot of the songs are just really good.
AAI has this really unique soundfont and songs feel more layered and complex than other games. I dig it a bunch.
AAI2 is pretty good with keeping up the AAI tracks and has a consistently better OST but it doesn't hit the highs of AAI.
DD has some good tracks but a lot of it just feels unmemorable. I don't like it for the trend of homogenizing Objection tunes, too.
SoJ's is pretty flavorful but some of its tunes lack a punch. Definite upgrade over DD, though.
Still have yet to play PLvsAA, and the DGS games, but they haven't blown me away with their tunes yet from what I've heard. Maybe with in-game context they'll be better.
Additionally, I'll go the distance and include my top 3 variations of each of the reoccurring songs in the franchise because I have autism.
>Pursuit: 2001, 2009, 2011
>Objection: 2001, 2009,
>Cross-examination/Confrontation Moderato: 2001, 2009, 2016
>Allegro: 2001, 2011, 2016
>Presto: Since there's only two I'll say I like 2009 more; they should bring Presto back
>Logic: 2001, 2007, 2009 (Baroque)
>Truth: 2004, 2007, 2009
>Lobby: 2002, 2004, 2007
>Trial: 2001, 2002, 2004 (sub 2001 for 2009 if its Court theme counts)
>Investigation Opening: 2004, 2007, 2016 (Abroad)
>Middle: 2002, 2004, 2011
>Core: 2002, 2007, 2016 (Abroad)
>Crime Scene: 2009 > 2011
>Suspense/Fate: 2001, 2009, 2011
>Detention Center: 2001, 2007, 2016 (Abroad)

Attached: Portsman_the_gunman.png (256x384, 28K)

ema just gets called to khurain by sadmonk

I know that cases take place months apart from each other but it looked like they were flying internationally every other week

I dunno. Maybe we should ask a girl?

I hope so. Some of these designs are great.

Attached: Jordalla.png (750x2103, 860K)

The worst of times are when lawyers have to force their biggest smiles.

Attached: phoenix_wrave.gif (256x192, 179K)

I would like to see this instead

Attached: 1523227702495.png (670x532, 152K)

She got a dildo

The new games are full of subtle lewd jokes, the best when Athena scolds Apollo if he's "into that stuff"...after tieing her up with rope.

>both her and Lotta in the same game
why

What about the "won the case" themes?

>he doesn't know

Attached: BIG AND BLACK YOU CAN'T MISS IT.png (766x1165, 775K)

Attached: 1474152232729.png (1128x900, 541K)

FUCK
Best are 2002, 2009 and 2016. I tend to forget them because they're so briefly played.

Anyone who says Spirit of Justice had a shitty final boss is out of their mind, it was had the highest stakes of the series.

>Face off against a usurper queen who was lead prosecutor of the country.
>Can change the laws at will if see decides too.
>Motivated to win the case because winning means she gets to execute you all.
>Killed Apollo's father.
>Managed to turn the real queen against you too.

It also did the spirit median musical chairs of 3-5 without it being as retarded.

The closest you had to that urgency was and a threat was Justice for All and that was just Maya being held hostage.

Attached: 1543294325194321.gif (200x200, 770K)

Attached: 1452582393661.jpg (348x327, 33K)

saved

>AAI2
>The best soundtrack
Is this just by sound file or melody. I'm surprised you aren't calling out how AAI2 used more chipttune, especially in pursuit.

Also PLvsAA was done by 2 composers, but one of them also did the tracks for DGS.

Attached: tumblr_pabnkbmYGE1ucta6wo3_640.png (601x359, 269K)

We must go deeper

Attached: 1190000783953.png (289x179, 9K)

What will be the next game's gimmick?

Attached: phoenix_dance.gif (220x274, 302K)

If my theory the next game is gonna have all 3 Laytons, then I hope we get that with AA. Have Layton’s children and Phoenix’s proteges duke it out.
And maybe have Barton and Gumshoe go out to get a burger

time travel

I just really like the AAI spinoff's tracks and AAI2 just has a slight edge over its predecessor and because it doesn't have licensed DS game sounding songs like Nosiy People which is one of the worst songs in the series. Shit just has oomph. It's both the soundfont and the melodies. AAI2 has more chiptune, and I'd say guitar too as well.

Any update on Palbo's stream for PLvPW? Wasn't it supposed to be end of May or June?

Attached: 1543951763555.gif (300x253, 1021K)

Attached: 1547164868041.png (112x112, 8K)

She's one-dimensional but they play her character trope well. She's a powerful mad dictator and plays good. Keyes plays the role of a paranoid chessmaster and emotional manipulative mastermind. Plays that one great too. de Killer is a cold yet dutiful assassin, his danger present from his look and hid actions such as kidnapping Maya and trying to kill Franny. For me, even if the villain is corny, so long as they play the role well I'm fine with it.

Most of the villains play the roles well, but the biggest offender is probably the phantom. They build up a lot of suspense, and then you're kind of like "Oh fuck" when its revealed, but anything after that is pointless. The phantom has a shit plan and it shows the bad casing in the final act. I actually thought the whole "face your fears" thing was nice, but come on. You expect me to believe an international super spy suddenly becomes retarded and shits himself lieing to some attorneys WHEN HIS WHOLE FUCKING JOB IS TO LIE!?

Attached: 1557531915381.png (527x1200, 219K)

It was a great final boss but it was also a shitty design.

Bodysuit with cleavage usually turns me on but
>waving tentacle hair
>snap on coffin nails

sounds bloated but i would still buy it

Attached: 1535706836098.jpg (588x757, 128K)

tell her about all the lewd thoughts i had about her when she was a little kid and describe them in great detail so that she makes the face in pic related

Attached: Pearl_Surprised_1.gif (256x192, 49K)

MASS SURVEILLANCE THOUGHTCRIME NIGGAS

Have it so the prosecutor gives no fucks about digital warrants, uses CCTV, emails, social media and texts to compile and charge people with crimes

Yo dude, is there lewd art of Judge Courtney? Do you happen to know her japanese tag?

>New AA game announced for Switch
>It's Dai Gyakuten Saiban 3

Attached: 1435109893691.gif (320x180, 1.47M)

Was Athena's mom a weeb too?

SHE'S NEVER COMING BACK.

>dgs2 has the lowest sales in the franchise
Literally impossible. Both AAI and DGS series are finished.

Huge. She wore a kimono, had Japanese decor in her office and she was so much that it probably rubbed off on Blackquill.

she was mentioned in SoJ so there's hope

Gee i wonder why maybe because they didn't bother porting them

That's a shame. DGS had the best art direction in the series imo.

I haven't seen any.

And here

水鏡秤

Attached: DCr2wdqUwAAORXJ.jpg orig.jpg (600x600, 47K)

We'll just have to wait for 2023 for an HD collection.

Attached: xoa8bfZ.png (887x327, 105K)

So now that Apollo's out of the way, It's her turn, right? Right??

Attached: Bg_01.png (400x600, 272K)

Thanks, well, if seems there some stuff of he so japan has some taste after all.

Doesn't Maya kind of can finally solve any case without convenient excuses like on the previous games? I mean, Phoenix team right now is kinda godlike, they are no longer the underdogs, all we can expect is a handicap, focusing the game on Athena would be a big handicap for example.

Depends on if they bring back luke...
But hey, you have Alfendi and Ema, Kat and Apollo, and Layton and Phoenix

>I haven't see any.
Literally on pixiv first page of the tag there is some "incest" /ss/ with John.

>it had the highest stakes of the series.
>Can change the laws at will if she decides too
>Motivated to win the case because winning means she gets to execute you all
Felt bland in my mind, still. Perhaps it's because we've got used to AA titles or how they work but no matter how hard you raise the "stakes" you can't really feel involved because you realize how fake her threats sound when you have a meta approach about the AA universe. If there was at least a sort of bad end system/branching path or a timer to solve the cross-examinations then maybe
>killed Apollo's father
I didn't feel anything because I was biased and thought it was too contrived, sadly. He was a literal who, also. Even Apollo didn't seem to care that much compared to Dhurke

It wasn't like 2-4 where stakes were far more personal and where the direction of the series was sort of unknown. In my opinion, SoJ-2 did a way better job with this and Reus should have been AJ fifth case's culprit

Attached: Bonny.png (590x900, 344K)

>mfw they introduce ANOTHER attorney to play as before Athena gets her time.

Attached: smug girls.jpg (1616x909, 141K)

Attached: 1523218799950.png (1300x1212, 1.73M)

What backstory will she have this time?

>investigations 2 has all the cases connected and the last one is one of the best cases in the series.
>It was never localized.
FUCKING CRAPCOM, bless the fan translations for fixing their bullshit.

>but no matter how hard you raise the "stakes" you can't really feel involved because you realize how fake her threats sound when you have a meta approach about the AA universe
I also want to add it's partly for that reason that I love playing fangames even if the writing can be a little edgy or nonsensical at times, because it's playing in totally unexpected territory.

Attached: Jane.png (256x192, 6K)

Is Courtney still a milf even when John is not actually her son?

Yeah wasn't Sebastian her actual son

>She's on-dimensional
It's pretty clear they weren't going to go with making her even slightly sympathetic. Oddly enough they did that with Inga Where even though Rayfa wasn't his real daughter, he still treated her like his real one keeping all her letters in his safe and dotting her, and Maya was also able to boss him around
I'm just looking at who was the biggest 'threat' to the cast, not the best designed. And the fact that losing meant you all die while the country plunges into revolution was some extremely high stakes.

>Keyes
He would have been more impressive if the entire game wasn't just going through his list of grievances and forcing the idea that he's a victim while at the same time it seems that most of what he did was through dumb luck.
>De Killer
I saw Engarde as the big boss of JFA since it of course created the idea of 'what if you defended someone who was guilty?'. De Killer was a professional through and through and it was that professionalism turned out to be his weak point to break the case. I'd also say the real threat wasn't De Killer, but the 3 day trial limit where you had to keep the trial going to buy time.

They still manage to find a way to mix stuff up. People shit on the DLC case for 6, but --Right to Remain Silent-- was really the first final cross-examination since -- The Last Testimony -- to actually put a major twist on the cross examination.

Go to bed, user, you are high on acid.

Athena has to quit the Wright Agency due to getting knocked up by Simon Blackquill, unable to have a living working under Wright.

I really liked the concept for the decisive piece of evidence in 5-5, being stuck in space for seven fuckin years.

I hope they don't do some retarded shit with her dad since we don't know anything. That's my biggest fear if they gave her a game.

I just want her to spar with Franzika for a case, is that too hard to ask?

I think officially one has to be pregnant and have the kid to be a milf

Attached: Justine.gif (136x184, 9K)

>not doing stuff this entire time
I thought you loved her.

Attached: 1530769929363.png (292x929, 341K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-L29-dbnY7k
Best theme is the franchise.

The goal I think as originally that the evidence would blowup with the rocket, since the phantom sabatoged it. But Starbuck somehow was able to save himself, so that wasn't part of the plan.

How Metis has information on the phantom in the first place is beyond me.

What was your reaction when this happened?
>youtu.be/vgW2Yv7yADw
I bet none of you was expecting it.

Well we know about the stuff her mom did, and Apollo pretty much has the market cornered on important dads, so I'm gonna guess that she has an uncle that's relevant in some way.

>literally traps blaise in chess dimension and forces him to confess
Sure, Edgeworth doesn't have superpowers at all.

mfw Dhurke was dead this whole time

Attached: 1522659883902.png (1080x507, 489K)

She did have different designs, look like higher ups said that changing her design is haram, just like with Maya's boobs.

Sebastian was so fucking retarded, dual destinies reveals he actually entered the lawyer class, not the prosecutor class.

It really got me, I never thought all the cases would be tied together but god damn, they did.

I was expecting it because I was spoiled.

Attached: 1531889944952.jpg (632x632, 69K)

wait there are "voice actors" in DGS translation now?
I hope there's a choice to not use them.

BARREN WOMB

Same. Fuck that youtube thumbnail and FUCK Yea Forums FOR SPAMMING "RAYMOND IS THE MASTERMIND" IN FUCKING EVERY AA THREAD AT THE TIME

Attached: Tateyuki_Shigaraki_Portrait.png (330x440, 173K)

No, the translation just writes her with a cockney accent.

Attached: 1552183475326.jpg (347x842, 68K)

I like how the translators went out their way to even dub the voice lines. Did the translation of the 3DS game did the same?

Wait what

>mfw This wasn't spoiled for me and I didn't finish the game for a good 2 years.

And had just about every other major twist and culprit spoiled for me by Yea Forums over the years.
It was both shocking and a pleasant surprise. It also proved yet again that Maya can have a dick

Attached: 1456643494332.jpg (446x301, 27K)

In dual destinies you go to the school Sebastian went, the you see the students of defense attorney wear a blue uniform, the same blue uniform Sebastian used. The dumbass rolled himself in the wrong class!

Hugh O'Connor wears the same outfit as Debeste, but he isn't the same person it was just a reference

It was confirmed that they changed it from blue to red tho

>i tuned in for a second of their Undertale live stream
>at least 2 other people in the room guiding Arin around because he doesnt pay attention at all
>someone donates $50 with the message of please play Ace Attorney
Oh no...

Haha oh wow

Attached: fef.png (822x1070, 566K)

Which PW characters do you want the most to come back to post-AJ?

Attached: download.jpg (256x192, 6K)

I just want my autistic Ace Attorney roleplaying forum back. Is that too much to ask?
I still miss you, AAS

Attached: cody-crying(a).gif (256x192, 12K)

"Wtf there's 3 versions of Payne this rooster sucks".

>If there was at least a sort of bad end system/branching path or a timer to solve the cross-examinations then maybe
Didn't DD & SoJ have tons of those?
I distinctly remember DD's DLC case having multiple kind of unique endings depending on where you lose in the case. If you lose during Rimes' testimony during the second day of the case, where he defends Sasha and accuses Orla, you will get not guilty verdict, but Orla will die.

I fucking hate those two, they were annoying. But Sebastian became cool after loads of suffering (to the point that even his theme song changed), Hugh remained annoying.

Speaking of Rimes, was he the devs trying to fix everything that went wrong with Acro?

Mia

Unironically Sebastian, I want to see how he fixed himself.

Who's the prosecutor guy wearing red glasses?

Pretty good taste. I'd rate AAI1-4 in high tier though. Also, I didn't really have shit tier, all cases were at least "eh". Only case that infuriated me was 4-4, but even that started off strong and only went to shit at the very end.

I don't recognize attorney chick with red shirt either, are they from fangames?
And if it's Naruhodou on bottom right, his hat shouldn't be there.

azura is the hottest girl in the series ngl

What the fuck are you guys talking about, noone's wearing red in that image

They're more alike than you think since both had bribes given to increase their grades. Although Hugh found out and had his parents stop it so he could do it himself, while Yumihiko was just a retard until the very end.

Acro was inherently flawed since his plan was to kill Regina from the beginning and because she was an idiot, Berry ended up taking her place and getting killed. Meanwhile Rimes just wanted to kill Orla, and Shipley's death was entirely an accident.

Also Arco's motive is much more flimsy since he wanted to kill Regina for crippling him and putting his brother in a coma. Meanwhile Rimes was under the false impression that Ora killed Azura when it was really her medical condition that caused it. One was a clear misunderstanding, the other was just spite driven. Also the fact that Acro tried to frame Max also doesn't help him.

Finch, he was the prosecutor in the English court in PLvPW
Basically britbong Payne.

Case 5 in the first game is my favorite. Currently replaying Trials and Tribulations and I'm on the second case.

The guy is the prosecutor from AA vs PL's prologue
The girl is Jill Crane, mentioned in Ace Attorney Investigations 1

>Jill Crane
>Ace Attorney Investigations
What?

I'm suprised you guys have SoJ so high. It had two standout tracks for me, Basics of the Case and Rayfa's Theme, and the rest I found to be utterly forgettable.

Ah that explains it. Not sure why he gave him striped hair tho.

Attached: Flynch_pose_normal.png (624x2452, 1.1M)

It's just how he hair looks in that color style.

Meant Investigations 2. How about just googling it? You have a name, do the rest

Attached: DH4fEJgVwAEVUAo.jpg orig.jpg (600x800, 85K)

>Google an incorrect statement.
No.

How is her father not in Custody?

What if in AA7 we have your usually rival prosecutor but starting from case 1. Then in the final case we have Payne?

>incorrect
>DUDE THE NUMBER WRONG
Even google doesnt have as that severe autism you have

Attached: IMG_2575.jpg (1536x1557, 375K)

Where is the fan art of best loli of the series?

Attached: sarge.png (380x750, 328K)

I stopped playing after the third game because I didnt have a handheld after the gameboy, is there any ports of Apollo Justice and beyond coming to the PC anytime soon and are they worth playing?

Cross-Examinations (moderato and allegro), Search - Core, Durk's and Mr. Menyou's themes are god tier.

More of her when?

Attached: yg.png (251x799, 111K)

>Say character is in the wrong game
>Ask for clarification
>'DUDE GOOGLE IT'
>Point out that google would not clarify your incorrect information
>'DUDE AUTISM'
Just admit you fucked up instead doubling down down again.

>admit to being a single number off and clarify
>UHH YOU DIDNT CLARIFY
>Google would not clarify the number being off
>Gets shown a picture of the complete opposite
>UHH NO
Wow

Do women carry dildo in their purse?

Scarlett Study said that DGS2 should be done fairly quick.
They already put out the demo, when do you think the first case will be up

>Only clarify after the fact and then tell me to google it.
>Google would clearly not clarify your incorrect information
>Would still need to ask you again to find out you screwed up
>WHY ARE YOU GOOGLING IT?
I see you're going to down with the ship

Music is one of the most subjective aspects of games so there's very little point in belaboring. I just think Horiyama brought the good shit and I hope he's on AA7.

everyone in labyrinthia is retarded

just think about the fact that they ALL unironically chose to stay there after learning the truth

How about we just have Payne the entire game? It’d be kino for him to get character development.

>you fight the entire Payne family throughout the game.
oh man

Which Payne is best?

Attached: xxQ8RM2.png (710x351, 415K)

Who are the locked characters?

YOU dear user get to come up with the major things that happen to the main cast of the AA games in AA7, which will be the final entry in the series
>Who dies?
>Who fucks?
>What other permanent/significant changes happen?

Choose wisely!

Attached: aa6.jpg (1280x720, 178K)

>Apollo
>Phoenix with Maya finally
>Rayfa marries me.

Max

I wanna say the original. Gaspen's a bit of an asshole, and DGS' Payne was a bit too subservient, even if he was also more forceful than normal Payne. Also a bit too much of a suck-up when it came to Brett, the lady 'witness', although it's certainty possible normal Payne would have done the same during T&T if 3D.

I really wish Kay got her own method of helping with investigations, since I really like her character.

bored drawfag that loves ace attorney, does anyone have a request?

More Phoenix and Trucy investigations, god damn it. I also wanna see Maya help out Apollo or Athena just like she did Nick.

Xin Eohp cucking Phoenix

Wait, the fan-translation edited sprites as well? What other edits were made?

maya in a lawyerin' suit

What? I'd say Little Thief is how she primarily helps with investigations, which is more than other assistants generally tend to do, sans Susato (from what little I've seen thus far) and Ema, primarily.

Roger Reitnz teaching 'Mr Reus' a coin trick.

Kay dressed as Edgeworth, or vice versa (if possible)

All Japanese text was removed from the game. There is no mention of it in the evidence you collect. Also the voices were edited (all are shit except for Debeste)

Kinda hard to see why Emotional evaluations can go since they already hit split personality And they already did 'mask your emotions' in 5.

Rayfa's armpits

DEEPER!

Attached: 1188772458562.png (377x166, 10K)

Phoenix with a beard

Tracy Wright dressed as Luke Triton

I flipped the fuck out, I never expected AA to actually pull a Mastermind that seemed to just be a comedic defendant, still my favourite villain in the series.

Attached: Villains.jpg (1586x591, 488K)

Attached: C2xYzn2UQAAvPKi.jpg orig.jpg (480x900, 52K)

Yeah but like that user said Little Thief isn't anything unique to her, it was her father's gizmo that anyone could use if they picked it up.

My issue is that no one in the circus actually learned anything, in fact Max should've at least gotten charged with assault.

>kristoph with red nails
kek

It felt like an ass pull, like how people want the assistance or judge to be final culprit.
We already had the detective kinda fill that role in 5
Alba was more memorial just from the...

EXTRA

youtube.com/watch?v=z1eTjpcaquI
>Edgeworth's voice

That's not what an asspull is user, that shit was foreshadowed through the entire game up to that point.

Anything you want, just as long as Charley is there

True, but the same thing applies to stuff like luminol, the Magatama, or fingerprinting powder: you just need to know how to use it. What's being described sounds like something that would need verification, like a password, voice checking, etc. I suppose that'd wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but it seems like an unnecessary extra layer unless it was some sort of super-secret tech.

Who Payne main here

>He was able to pit everyone's paranoia against each other.
Big whoop. Let's not forget that he relies on luck for a majority of his stuff to be done.

Remember back then when Kay was first shown and everyone thought the key in her hair had something to do with psychelocks?

Attached: Kay_Faraday.png (805x1200, 318K)

Bring the Payne

No

To be absolutely fair, it was mainly the localization staff voicing most of the rolls for budget reasons with some established voices for Layton and Luke being brought it along with some other actors. (I.E. Kira's voice actor was Fiora from XBC)

They did a pretty good job.

What's the pun in Maya Fey's name?

Attached: 38542268_p5.jpg (800x800, 223K)

>Play 50+ hours of PXZ1 so I could play PXZ2 I know they're not related, but I wanted to play the first one before the second
>Hyped for Phoenix and Maya
>Wondered how they're going to handle them
>Chapter 3 finally has them fighting, Morrigan enfuses Maya's Magatama with power so she can wish for Phoenix and herself to be powerful
>"Alright, time to kick some ass as Phoenix and Maya"
>They're a fucking solo unit
>A JOINT SOLO UNIT

Really hit hard, it'd be like finding out Phoenix is an assist trophy in Smash.

>
My problem with her is that she was obviously the bad guy. It was so obvious that it ruined the case.

What they should've done is put Nahyuta as the actual prosecutor, and have her on the side so it'd be a nice parallel with the defense having an assistant, and then after you begin to prove your case, Nahyuta starts to show he can't prove who did it and you start to implicate the queen and it becomes more obvious SHE'S the killer, THAT'S when she steps in, transforms and starts to do this stuff.

Also, attempting to threaten the main characters doesn't work. When they ran in with guns and were pointing them at Apollo I just thought it was a cool idea but they're not going to die, so there was no threat.

Attached: Phoenix.jpg (660x800, 241K)

>tfw 6-5 took me a whole day
Was it really that long or am I an idiot?

No, it was definitely too long. It took me the whole day too. I thought it was going to end at least 3 times.

>Also, attempting to threaten the main characters doesn't work. When they ran in with guns and were pointing them at Apollo I just thought it was a cool idea but they're not going to die, so there was no threat.
Well no shit they aren't going to die, they aren't going to pull a BAD END like 1-5 or 2-4, it's just the fact that their lives were threatened is what ratcheted up the tension.
Also it wouldn't make sense for the Queen and former chief prosecutor to take the role of assistant, So it would make sense that she takes the lead role with Nahyuta being the subordinate.

>It was too long
At the very least everything was pretty well compartmentalized into 4 separate acts,
You're going to kill yourself playing some of the AAI cases then if you hate bad pacing and stuff being dragging out.

Honestly it doesn't feel longer than 1-5.

>Well no shit they aren't going to die, they aren't going to pull a BAD END like 1-5 or 2-4, it's just the fact that their lives were threatened is what ratcheted up the tension.
A Bad End would've actually be a better way to raise the tension to be honest, having them lose and actually be executed would've been pretty fucked up and interesting, at least showing that those guns aren't just for show.

>Also it wouldn't make sense for the Queen and former chief prosecutor to take the role of assistant, So it would make sense that she takes the lead role with Nahyuta being the subordinate.
Fair, but she didn't need to change into the definition of evil right from the start.

I've already played everything, and yeah I-5 and I2-3 were pretty damn long from what I remember.

>A Bad End would've actually be a better way to raise the tension to be honest
If this was the original trilogy, I could see them pulling a dick move part where everyone dies, but the new games aren't that cruel. Also them all being shot, even off screen would have been to dark, even for everything else that has happens so I could also seem them not doing that.

A lot of the investigation had lot of pointless filler where you had to spend half the time proving who the 'prosecution' suspected as the perp was innocent and then going through all the bullshit motions multiple times.
It's why I prefer the mainline games, they at least divided up investigation and courtroom sections, where as it was extremely blurred fr the investigation games and it made stuff drag on.

best prosecuting attorney

Attached: klaviergavin.gif (256x192, 50K)

nah he's lame
Good animations tho

Still the best villain

Attached: 20190515_143450.jpg (984x734, 369K)