Why are these boring/dated games SO overrated?

Why are these boring/dated games SO overrated?

Attached: overrated.png (698x552, 936K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qZNxuqnwCO0
youtu.be/GxWhfhmh4PY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is user SO much of a faggot?

nice deflection, your games are shit

I have a small pimple on the upper part of the shaft of my penis.
It's not really a pimple, more like a very small "sphere" that's under my skin.
If i move my skin, it moves with the skin itself, so it's not connected to my dick underneath.
I wanna cut it off soon (the sphere, not my dick), what does Yea Forums think i should do?

You're still posting this shit, eric?

>still seething that your mom won't buy you a switch

it's ok, you can still play fortnite on your phone kiddo

>there was actually a thread yesterday where someone said nobody talks about single player games anymore

Odyssey isn't that overrated, it doesn't deserve a 97 like Galaxy 2, but it's a 90s game

BOTW is pure Nintendo Bonus, it's a techdemo, as a game it's 7/10 at best

Because they're made by nintendo and people think sucking the cock of Nintendo games makes them a genuine gamer or something

OP REKT

I really liked BOTW. Recently replayed it and I still had fun. I really didn't get the hype behind Odyssey though. It was okay, but I never felt it was more than that.

botw was empty and soulless but odyssey was easily one of the best mario games, tons of optional routes that can be done due to sheer skill and loads of actual shit to collect

Because your small Dick makes you angry at us big boys Who like these games faggot

Hold a pack of ice against your dick for a good long time to numb it. It hurts, but it works better if you don't put a rag between the bag and your dick. Once it's good and numb, you can cut the bump out, just be sure to clean the knfie beforehand and then clean the wound after.

I have both and I agree. They’re overly praised games. Botw is the most boring take on far cry towers, the most empty, boring open world every designed (no, coming across a leaf by chance every 3 hours isn’t great map design) coupled with the terrible enemy variation and the distinguishing factor being the color code and how much of a sponge they are.

Odyssey didn’t have any interesting or far fetched world designs that were memorable in any way. I ran through the game in a week and honestly can not recall any battle, level or in reaction that left me blown away. And don’t you fucking dare call those chase sequences or bosses interesting or outstanding in any way shape or form.

Botw is 6/10 odyssey 7/10

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.52M)

Go to a doctor to have it removed if it's concerning you that much

>be virgin
>somehow get HPV
That’s what you get for making Luck a dump stat

>you're taking care of the switch itself and cleaning it but you're not cleaning the tray/table it's sitting on wich is all dusty and a mess
weird

I don't know, I think fighting a boss in a giant pot of cooking food and shooting up the stuff he shoots out of his mouth was memorable.

It’s a hospital tray, it was a cookie I had. Just cleaned it :)

both already forgotten on 2019

It isn't hpv, it's not a wart.

Not being silly but I honestly forgot about that battle and candy world until just now. Only world that stands out is that weird surrealistic jungle world with the dinosaurs

BOTW is a dungpile. 6/10 at best. Extremely overrated because of both Nintendo bonus and retarded zoomers who think open world survival sandbox games are fun. Odyssey is actually pretty good. Easily 8.5/10. Mildly overrated because Nintendo bonus. Nintendo bonus is real but Odyssey is still worth playing and stands on its own as a good 3d platformer.

i wouldn't say the bosses in odyssey "weren't memorable", the centipede boss was one of my favorite bosses in the franchise. I would however say marios boss design needs to be updated though, stepping on a boss's head 3 times gets pretty fucking old pretty fucking quick when its how every boss in every game dies. it's ALWAYS 3 hits

odyssey was literally forgotten

botw is still talked about

I can't imagine having the notion that you can rewrite history by shitposting anonymously.

Attached: Rival_Devs_In_Awe_of_BotW_2.png (1861x1080, 420K)

Wich is a shame since Odissesy is the actual good game while BOTW is just boring.
It goes to show how people like the IDEA of a game more than the actual execution of it.

BOTW is boring but "it's link running in fields on a horse in a open world" is more appealing to Odissesy "it's mario doing the bing bing wahoo".
Even tho Odissesy is infinitely more mechanically solid, polished, and has more replay value.

Attached: 1340086799460.png (510x546, 16K)

Now I want to finish the Mario moons. Based op remind me of that great game

Gaping numales

>BOTW is pure Nintendo Bonus, it's a techdemo, as a game it's 7/10 at best

>botw was empty and soulless

>BOTW is a dungpile. 6/10 at best. Extremely overrated

LMFAO

Attached: 1519254791189.jpg (700x700, 99K)

they are portable and accessible for gamers who actually leave the house

tryingtoohard/10

FUCKKKKK YOU NIGGGGEERRRRRRR

How do we stop the soulless epidemic?

Attached: soul_2020.jpg (2448x1664, 910K)

Thats funny. Because whenever anyone compiles a list of the best games of the generation, both these games will be riding high.

Whats up with that?

The left should have the unreal engine mario demo on it.

>actually leave the house
No fucking way i'm bringing my switch out with me.
I bring my 3DS, sometimes, if i'm on a trip or something, who the fuck unironically plays the switch outside?
You'd have to have given up on life completely and have no shame nor self awareness left.

Attached: 2634.jpg (1000x663, 97K)

All true. And I was biased in the opposite direction. I really enjoyed the older zeldas and even thought skyward sword was alright for what it was. I had high hopes for BOTW but it's simply shit. No anti-nintendo bias here, simply the cold hard reality. BOTW is a soulless ubisoft ripoff that wouldn't have gotten higher than 75 on metacritic if it wasn't published by nintendo.

Nah, I enjoyed BOTW I think largely because it didn't follow the same formula that's been beaten into the ground, and didn't have a restrictive two hour tutorial teaching you everything from jumping to pushing crates. It had issues, but it was a breath of fresh air. But I hope the doesn't have Ubisoft towers, extreme lack of enemy variety, and awful weapon durability.

It's just a matter of artstyle.
Some people are really attached to the "early 3D" era aestetic

youtube.com/watch?v=qZNxuqnwCO0

But, as you can see, the problem is that it hits the uncanny valley really hard (on this vid it's on purpose, but you get the idea).
Nintendo realized this so they're going for a cartoony look, wich actually is in line with the aestetic of the comics blurbs they were releaseing, especially in japan.

Liking the "what if" 64 aestetic is the equivalent of liking the taste of something really sour.
YOU might like it, but Nintendo is going for a sweeter taste, because more people are immediately compatible with it, and it's also coherent with the work they've done in the past regardless.

Attached: 346.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

You sound like a total pussy whipped bitch, and you call yourself a male?
>el o el

I just don't get why BOTW triggers people so much. Super Mario Odyssey bothers some people, but it's nothing like BOTW. I guess because BOTW is still talked about, and popular = bad.

thank god it doesn't look like that on the left. once you grow up you will understand. Unless... Oh god you are an adult? OH NONONONONO AHHHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah you always bring up this "argument" to save face, but the truth is that playing kids toys while you're outside doesn't make you seem confident or manly, it just makes you seem like a massive cuck neckbeard.
If you want to be delusional, stay delusional, but i'm simply telling the truth here.

Attached: 34646.jpg (1280x720, 149K)

>BOTW is a soulless ubisoft ripoff that wouldn't have gotten higher than 75 on metacritic if it wasn't published by nintendo.

BotW continues to be a fantastic pleb fliter.

Educated and cultured people who have a basic understanding of Game Design know exactly why BotW is praised ao highly by every corner of the industry.

But underage simpletons remain completely BAFFLED. They have no understanding of the craft. Its like listening to a child trying to convince me that The Godfather is a bad movie because it doesn't have enough tits and 'splosions.

Attached: 1555967554017.png (1485x900, 320K)

Impossible, since "soulless" only means "modern", and the passing of time is inevitable. A bullet in your head is the only reasonable solution.

The more success you have, the more haters you get.

Attached: leddit.jpg (396x382, 41K)

>it just makes you seem like a massive cuck neckbeard.
This is only true if you are a massive cuck neckbeard, which judging by your posts is a reasonable concern to have
If you're attractive and overtly confident then playing a portable video game in public won't get you weird stares, nor would you care if it did.

Can’t believe I share a board w/ faggots that are obsessed with “seeming” confidant or manly. I’m confidant in myself already I don’t need to convince anybody, so if I decide to use my switch to kill time instead of fucking around on my phone I’ll gladly do it if it makes gormless bitches like you seethe at the fact that I can enjoy the switch for one of its selling points.

It's because it's a very bland ubisoft tier open world game. But reviewers shilled hard for it with their 'omg best game ever reinvents the wheel because i dont actually play non main stream games! what a masterpiece"

Become a discord tranny

Why can't (YOU) make a thoughtful thread for once instead of the same low tier bait on spam?

Look at this insecure faggot

Ok, post a photo of you playing your switch while outside then.
Face must be included, and people actually present around you.

Attached: 1322552129702.png (443x376, 11K)

These games are not dated, on the contrary, it is the attempt of Nintendo to add elements that the generation who play Minecraft is accustomed (open world, sandbox, etc) in its classic games.

>it's a very bland ubisoft tier open world game

No it isn't. It made most open world games seem redundantand and unplayable overnight.

>But reviewers shilled hard for it with their 'omg best game ever reinvents the wheel because i dont actually play non main stream games! what a masterpiece

So how come people are still raving about it and its topping GOAT lists years later after any kind of hype would have disappated? Oh well, keep tryng to convince yourself I guess.

Attached: WhatCulture.jpg (1011x1024, 143K)

Attached: b.png (625x626, 38K)

Which is also going full circle to their own games because Ocarina was going to be open world at one point and Odyssey was inspired by the 64 game, why is it so hard for people to accept that Nintendo always knew how to make an entertaining 3D game?

Witcher 3 did that
>made most open world games seem redundantand and unplayable overnight

If anything BotW isn't dated enough, it takes too much from the modern AAA open world meme.
>inb4 noooo it's totally like LoZ!
LoZ's world could not be more different design-wise.

you faggots have ruined the term "game design"

And Witcher devs raved about BotW. Yikes.

Why is this bait thread SO overreplied?

I'm actually worried for you now user. Nobody should have this high level of insecurity.

>why do nintendies keep talking about it then huh??
Because it's all you've got. Enjoy your assassins creed game bro

Attached: lul.gif (250x140, 446K)

OP is mentally ill and obsessed with Nintendo. I love replying to these threads because the sad fucking loser will soon commit suicide.

and I enjoy you shitting on him. good job user.

Literal buyers remorse

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 3.62M)

I love knowing that you have to wake up in everyday in a world where BotW is one of the most acclaimed and celebrated games ever made and there's nothing you can do.

How is YEAR THREE of your obsession going?

Attached: 1557383108769m.jpg (1024x768, 34K)

>boring/dated

You mean games where you still have to actually control the character to accomplish things?

Why is your sister SO overrated ?

>Zelda is like assassin's creed
that's some next level faggotry here.

Attached: 1548800221346.jpg (585x1024, 61K)

botw is alright, played it on wii u
odyssey looks fun but I don't have time or money to play it

Fpbp

Open World is just one of the concepts, but in BOTW Nintendo has applied several others. For example, the obsession with making the player find creative ways to solve puzzles or kill enemies without necessarily following a rigid formula, survival elements, collection of resources, etc.

odyssey is a perfectly servicable game. I agree that it is a bit overrated, but anyone saying it's anything close to bad is downright delusional.

SEEEEEEETHING

Attached: game of the year 2018.jpg (693x877, 219K)

>coloured joycons
Cringe

I own two PS4s (a launch version and a Pro) as well as a Switch.

Let me tell you, there isn't a single fucking PS4 title which can touch Breath Of The Wild. Nothing. Deal with it.

Attached: 766.jpg (2499x2001, 2.24M)

>cherry picking

Attached: IT WAS OUR FUCKING TURN.jpg (468x353, 78K)

>Comparing Wii U to pretend you have a point.

Embarrassing. Unlike you, I own both systems. RDR2 can't compare to BotW see Please don't cry.

Attached: 1543487164421.png (841x836, 176K)

SEEEEEETHING

Rockstar made an absolute fucking mockery of Nintendo's flagship title YET AGAIN - as they have done for over 20 years now - and they did all on a 5 year old toaster console.

Zelda cuckolds will never recover.

Attached: disaster of the wild BTFO by rdr2.png (876x448, 481K)

Yes, BOTW is a pleb filter because people who like it immediately out themselves as plebs. It's easy to make every object interactable when you copy and paste the same 10 enemies and assets 100's of times to fill the unnecessarily large and empty map. There is no sense of discovery after the first 10 hours because you've seen pretty much everything the games have to offer. Brainlets like you will never understand why the classic zeldas are so loved because if you did, you would realize BOTW lacks everything that made them great. ALTTP through TP are the embodiment of soul. BOTW is the embodiment of soulless.

Odyssey is shit, but BOTW is unironically great.

I own both kiddo. I have no bias. How about you?

BotW is so much better. Thats why it keeps topping GOAT lists when RDR2 could even win GOTY.

YIKES. Stay upset for another two years because you can't handle reality.

youtu.be/GxWhfhmh4PY

Both games are trash. If you're shilling one of them over the other then you've completely missed the point. They're both soulless formulaic open world games and liking either one is strong evidence you have shit taste in games

BOTW actually has fun exploration though. Finding all the shrines was really enjoyable for me. Odyssey might be solid mechanically, but the level design and exploration is complete garbage.

Keep shilling Nintendidgeridoo. You got utterly BTFO by chadstar and there's NOTHING you can do about it, time to accept it!

Attached: disaster of the wild shills.png (1125x929, 222K)

Odyssey is so bad, it made me want to replay sunshine

Attached: oddysseyfail4.jpg (2128x2912, 1.21M)

What do people even play on the Switch? There's like 3 good games and the rest are ports or shit.

Attached: Cult of Nintendo.webm (1920x1080, 2.86M)

>Brainlets like you will never understand why the classic zeldas are so loved
>Brainlets like you will never understand why the classic zeldas are so loved because if you did, you would realize BOTW lacks everything that made them great.

I was playing Zelda games when your daddy was popping zits on his face and jerking off to Elvira. I used to moderate on Legend Of Zelda.com. I even painted Zelda artwork for my daughter's nursery.

BotW is the Zelda game I always wanted - a fully realised world of Hyrule for me to go adventuring in. Nintendo actually exceeded my expectations.

BotW has ALL the hallmarks and staples of a Zelda game, just done different. Don't talk to me about Zelda kiddo. Next you'll be telling me Mario 64 was nothing like the Super Mario Bros games. Shit taste be gone.

I'd call both excellent and extreme high points of this gen. I'd agree they're overrated insofar as to that people act like they're the second coming of Christ and that they have their flaws, but anyone who pretends they aren't at least 9.5/10 is kidding themselves.

>gets BTFO
>can't cope
>won't cope

Its just sad now.

>Padding of the Wild
>interesting even from a technical stand point
At least Mario 64 had the decency of having actual level design despite being a tech demo too.

Past your bedtime kiddo.

Mario was disappointing, Zelda was good.

Ah so you're an obsessed fanboy that can't admit when your favorite series makes a bad game?
> a fully realised world of Hyrule for me to go adventuring in
You mean Twilight Princess? Because TP is pretty much what you're describing. A depiction of Hyrule in its prime. BOTW is post apocalyptic open world garbage. 90% of the buildings are either
> A copy pasted bokoblin fort
> A copy pasted shrine
> A copy pasted horse stable/inn
There are literally less actual towns than Ocarina of Time

I already posted a pic of my PS4 AND Switch. I'm not biased.

As for Zelda, I don't like every Zelda. TP is great but feels like a retread of OoT. The game play quite dated. Its not doing anything OoT didn't do better.

>There are literally less actual towns than Ocarina of Time

Please stop talking complete shite.

Zora's Domain
Gerudo Town
Goron City
Korok Forest
Kakariko
Lurelin Village
Kara Kara bazaar
Rito Village
Tarry Town
Hateno Village

Also Tech Labs along with Stables.
Tarry Town.

Do most other zelda games have more than this? Hell, ALTTP only had Kakariko and Zelda 1 had no towns. You can't rate everything based on just numbers.

>tfw I keep playing them ntil today
Both fucking kino games for starting a new console. I can't believe they keep making Yea Forums SEETHING after two years.

I remembered reading comments like these on videogame magazines, "having all the tools from the beginning makes the level design smarter" and stuff like that and getting all hyped, I gobbled that shit up everytime and everytime I was disappointed but games back then were enjoyable nonetheless, were the games better before I don't care, I'm just seriously tired of this vague pseudo-connoiseur bullshit because it's undeniable that BOTW is wasted potential all around, and if you don't know what I'm talking about just try to imagine what 2002 Nintendo take on BOTW could have been, imagine if they still loved their games instead of wanking it over shallow mechanics and the most pointless and ridiculously overused puzzles in videogame history (it was never about having extra hearts but the excitement of finding something that wasn't obvious that made you curious about the world and made you want to explore it, sometimes with tidbits of story tied to it which made it all the more enjoyable)

Again, if anyone here sincerely loved it, the more power to you, but the decline in overall quality of nintendo games isn't debatable, it's the way things have been since the Wii, you've already seen indie studios make it with games that take after nintendo franchises like the guys from a hat in time, didn't even get to play that game yet but I can already figure by how everyone is generally fellating them that they put work where it's due, in contrast with nintendo's SM Odyssey, (which I also didn't play) which I now enough to know that a lot of the effort went into very cool, shallow things that assholes as in pic related will exagerate for the purpose of making a point, while the point itself was missed by Nintendo by miles,

I really wish Metroid Prime 4 wasn't going to suck too, fuck.

Holy shit, will soinyggers ever stop being salty about botw?

its literally been years and they are still SEETHING

Attached: seriously negro.png (701x394, 313K)

based

Attached: brainlet tops.png (245x206, 6K)

Actually I guess you're right. BOTW does have more I'm pretty sure I've been to most of these but they're so goddamn forgettable I forgot most of them even existed. The only ones I could think of were the Goron, Zora, Rito, Gerudo, and Kakario towns. Even if you put a gun up to my head I don't think I would have been able to recall the names of the others because this game is soulless and forgettable trash

Prime 4 had to be done twice, I legit have hope in that game being as cool as old Nintendo was.

>trying this hard
Its just pathetic at this point my man.

Attached: sonygro.jpg (246x300, 13K)

>when you see a bokoblin fort in the distance

Attached: 30oZ7gH.gif (726x400, 1.13M)

no u

Understandable, but what is souless to you could be soulful to someone else.

Someone that played Botw first and then Ocarina might say OOTs Kakariko is souless because their are less houses than BOTW and they are generic square buildings as opposed to BOTWs Asian aesthetic and 10+ houses.

I spent more time in Botw villages than i ever did in Ocarina. However, the more villages you have the less likely you are to remember specifics from them.

The bigger the scale of a game the less details will imprint on your memory.

I rate most games I play 6-7. Botw was honestly an 8.5 for me.

Odyssey is BotW's Korok Seeds made into its own game, you'd have to be an utter retard to think BotW isn't leagues above it.

BOTW is garbage. I'm a lifelong Zelda fan and it pains me to see people praise BOTW. The game is fucking TRASH compared to the GOAT Zeldas.

Anti-BotW shitters are so dumb they don't even remember the game they're desperately attempting to criticize.

Attached: 1557820671388.gif (414x382, 2.82M)

Odyssey is short as shit and somehow has more filler than BotW. No way is it the better game.

Are you even trying?

Attached: C8E26A0C-6541-487A-B7B2-2F54A6A0180D.jpg (972x832, 187K)

>It's easy to make every object interactable when you copy and paste the same 10 enemies and assets 100's of times to fill the unnecessarily large and empty map.
Most games are so shitty that even though that's true, it doesn't matter and BOTW is still a good game, relatively speaking.

Two fucking years lol

Zelda games are so different that everyone has always debated which ones are the best and which ones are the worst. BotW comes out, guess what, some people think it's terrible, some people think it's the best. If any of this is shocking to you, you must be incredibly sheltered and easily offended. This is how people have always reacted to every new Zelda game.

Foolish user. Soul doesn't age

BoTW is 8/10
Odyssey is 7/10 and you know it.

These two franchises could be billion sellers if they modernized them PROPERLY.
>run them top-tier Nintendo hardware
>Pixar-style stories (not chars, story).
>huge budgets
>keep core depth/gameplay the same.
Nintendo are ironically holding Zelda and Mario back from being better.

Odyssey isn’t a port.
BoTW was held back by the Wii U.

Heavy marketing and Switch owners are generally cultish.

You realize Zelda had one of the biggest budgets in gaming history, right?

Blame Miyamoto's dementia for Mario not reaching its storytelling potential, Galaxy 1 was the last time the games felt truly immersive.

plenty of overrated games. include last of us and god of war for ps representatives.

none of the 4 are bad, they are just overrated.

>Odyssey didn’t have any interesting or far fetched world designs that were memorable in any way. I ran through the game in a week and honestly can not recall any battle, level or in reaction that left me blown away.

Attached: AB212835-F511-4ACF-97E7-232ACF6CCEB4.jpg (472x216, 14K)

>still SEETHING two years later
LOL

Imagine being this traumatised by a video game company.

Have sex unironically.

based and redpilled
cringe and bluepilled

Reminder that Pokemon will outsell BOTW anyway. And it might outsell Odyssey. Pokemon is more popular than Zelda.

Though Zelda is the better and more ambitious series but Pokemon is the bigger name.

Attached: pkmnswsh.jpg (620x413, 84K)

Despite it's flaws, Breath of the Wild is awesome. I agree though that Odyssey is pretty overrated.

Nostalgia I guess. I just bought a Switch last month and both games are fine but neither are memorable. They don't really excel at anything, they are all around polished, fun but forgettable

>Funny, you say they're overrated, but tons of people say they're the best games of all time, so you must be wrong
imagine being this retarded

>generic snoy thread #2467
Doesn't this get boring defending censorship and shitposting the same old threads every day for two years?

>You say these games are overrated, but look at how highly they're rated!

Seething NPC crying in the rain.