TECHNOLOGY THREAD

TECHNOLOGY THREAD

Attached: TECHNOLOGYY.webm (960x540, 2.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YWKwr5FXJPw
youtube.com/watch?v=ormdvEOCots
youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI
youtube.com/watch?v=Akt4hz9SDCA
youtube.com/watch?v=u43cWcez3I4
youtube.com/watch?v=rpExnmq8hD0
youtu.be/OSPYfFalzHw
youtube.com/watch?v=DDLFCxaxb60&t=29s
youtube.com/watch?v=W8ozgdarF3M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

that made me pysically uncomfortable, please don't ever post it again

i thought it was gonna roll down

Attached: 1456326292592.jpg (125x125, 4K)

>Ragdols from the year 2000 are considered technology
>that fucking trolley flips over
Bethesta is the biggest bunch of fucking hacks i have ever seen in my fucking life

simply amazing

isn't there another thing like this with bowling pins

Yeah if I remember right the ball just bounce back off the pins.

Why does it look like FO76

There is also a pool table where you cant shoot the balls down the holes.

>retards think a trolley with rusted ass wheels would roll down a slope

Brainlets

Attached: fluidsmaxed.webm (445x250, 2.8M)

they are clearly not rusted
not to mention the total surface of the wheels (tiny) in contact with the ground would have enough friction not to roll
gtfo bethdrone

feature removed from the game because TWI are incompetent hacks

>clearly
Prove it

Attached: TECHNOLOGY.webm (1280x720, 605K)

please let this garbage thread die

fucking faggot

Attached: you.png (434x335, 170K)

Not him, but the burden on proof is on whoever claimed the wheels are rusted. Regardless, they are in perfect condition.

Attached: 76565635.png (1920x1080, 3.44M)

At least we will always have intestines.

Attached: KF2.webm (850x480, 2.46M)

So this is what they mean by soulless

>that framerate

Attached: Symptoms-vomiting.jpg (2550x3300, 1.12M)

lmao me too

pushing the trolley in that postion would push it into the ramp not fuckign flip it over you fucking retarded moron. Also the fuckign skeleton that its magically still together should not slide down i guess its wheels are not rusted, right faggot?

this one is funny because of how nonsensical it is
>just having a random pipe sitting upright not connected to anything for no reason whatsoever other than to tip over

Wrong

Its still in the game but like all proprietary bullshit goyvida peddle it obliterates the frame rate and adds nothing to the game play.

I have a 1070 and it drops from 144 to 20 using that shit.

Attached: critical hit.webm (1600x900, 1.27M)

that's a scripted moment and it was put there entirely for the trailer, it only happens on that specific spot

>simple physics are "technology"

It's impossible to render a clean webm of snowfall but the brake lights reflect off the snow particles and the god beams coming through the trees are really nice.

Video games in general are literally technology

Attached: Värmland.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

>this is considered impressive by zoomers

Attached: TECHNOLOGY.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Dont pretend that the gore physics of SoF can compete

Attached: The Naked Gun.webm (1280x720, 2.73M)

>scripted shit
>technology

dirt rally?

>scripted
are you retarded

Attached: Prey (2017) 2018.10.03 - 20.55.29.05.DVR.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

Are you? It's clearly scripted

dirt rally 2

Attached: 20190427143515_1.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

Attached: arma.webm (960x600, 2.92M)

dummy

Attached: days gone weather.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

I think the front wheels locked up and the skeleton made the cart top heavy.

did they ever add vr to 2?

Attached: 1433013369715.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

Attached: 1473385061289.webm (640x360, 1.94M)

This entire conversation is stupid and asinine, however, your photos bring attention to the possibility that the casters on that cart could be stuck in the metal grate below the cart, thus making the behavior of said cart believable.

it's not.

>SoF
You are like a little baby
Skeletal damage is where its at

Attached: furryhunter.gif (362x229, 2.95M)

Attached: Rise of the Tomb Raider wind.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

Whom ever made it literally waits around because he knows it will happen.

wtf I really respect Bethesda's programming skills and attention to detail now

Not until this summer.

wat game?

>bethesda can't code wheels
remember that one train in F3 that was actually a hat for an NPC moving underground?

sometimes you have to reduce the frame rate to be under 3 mb dummy

Remember that their engine prevents them from letting you climb ladders

looks like vivisector

Attached: 1403388888450.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

not possible
and the cart doesn't even move onto these things, it just catapults in place

Attached: you.png (347x162, 64K)

just played this the other day, it had some really cool tech in it considering its from 2006.

youtube.com/watch?v=YWKwr5FXJPw

It's not scripted you dumb cunt, a bird just happened to have been flying over when you shot the warning shot.

Oh so you're really just retarded.

Attached: Red Dead Redemption 2_20181110011408.webm (1920x1080, 2.8M)

The little chunks of rubber are a nice effect.
Seems like slick tires and their effect on the track as they wear down is something that hasn't been well simulated yet.

I remember leaving molten trails along the walls where your lightsaber touched them in Jedi Knight Academy.
blew my mind back then, same with the dismemberment(cheat?)

Proof?

it didnt look impressive even when it came out and the game was piece of shit too

anyone have the teleports behind you one?

Based fucking retard

how come the bird dropped right next to him? It was flying directly above him so wouldnt it have momentum and land further away?

Not him, but just the amounts of birds in the game is proof

Just ignore the retard that's baiting for (You)s.

more like
>shoot in the air
>game randomly decides whether a bird will fall or not
wow such technology

>quicksaving in case the engine crashes

Attached: 1280420455499.jpg (355x339, 29K)

Yeah Prey 1 is underrated due to the extreme violence in the beginning and the native american stereotype. That part was awesome.

>people still post this
The train is an item that equips to your character's wrist and the game runs a script to make the magic happen.

You're an idiot, i have a bridge to sell you.

>no cock
Yawn!

As someone who works in a department store, I have seen shopping carts lock up and catapult on far less substantial obstacles than that.

>This entire conversation is stupid and asinine
Well, allow me to go even farther then. If the wheels themselves and the frame are in good condition, it would make sense for all other bits and pieces to be functional.
You make it seem like the devs went to extreme lengths to achieve a level of detail that would be literally unnoticeable, and therefore meaningless. At that point, you might as well just create a cart with normal wheels, it would at least make for more enjoyable physics interaction. And finally, this is Bethesda we're talking about.

Same engine

I found the overall game to be just average, but the portals were really cool. Also that one hallway towards the end where you keep running in circles. I think it was right after this part.
youtube.com/watch?v=ormdvEOCots

>calling a shopping cart a "trolley"
Anglos truly are savages.

>Can't even tell what is going on because you posted a lossy file format from the previous century

We have html5 video now, idiot.

Attached: US School Simulator.webm (1280x720, 2.71M)

GIF is lossless you dumb bitch

Have you launched skeletons from them?

Attached: 430.jpg (699x485, 60K)

That one is just pathetic tho, the train-hat trick is kinda charming.

Attached: eSkyrimPhysics test (1).webm (1920x1080, 1.36M)

based horny autists.

once or twice

Animated .gif is not lossless

I'm making no statements about the quality of Bethesda's products. I am simply amused at the fact that the two photos posted in an attempt to prove that the carts behavior is unbelievable inadvertently brought attention to details that would make the behavior MORE believable.

Not being able to climb ladders in Elder Scrolls Online was pathetic. I'm not buying Elder Scrolls 6 unless it has climbable ladders.

>Mods

Attached: webm.webm (1000x414, 2.76M)

>Wanst proof it's not scripted
>Claims it's scripted without proof

pottery

Kek

Attached: eSkyrim (1).webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

The cart doesn't reach those things though. It doesn't even move horizontally.

>posts inferior version

Attached: webm vs gif.webm (1000x414, 2.99M)

more?

Attached: korra shock.jpg (960x540, 38K)

>Doesn't play the full thing where the guard is snuck up on by his friend and shits his pants

Attached: 1554697619045.png (610x591, 192K)

Attached: 1556365834228.gif (500x267, 999K)

Wtf is this fog?

As someone who's lived in Northern Finland all my life, I've only seen this type of thick snowstorm like once every 5 years. Even with heavy snow you have good visibility.

this was the hypest shit when we got Webm's to replace Gif on this site.

>randomly fall
If you watch the webm, you can see the screen effect that appears when you kill an enemy. He shot the damn thing in the air with the warning shot.

It's supposed to be Hamra Sweden.
You can choose conditions and that's just snowy fog + sunrise..

I've never seen a game do this before.

Attached: homefront the revolution.webm (1024x576, 2.18M)

>game rolls a bird and activates the kill effect to make it seem authentic
how are you fags so gullible

Uhhhh GTA V did this 4 years ago

what game has the best fluids?

right because they couldn't script the screen effect either. Not even that guy but stop pretending that there is no chance that this couldn't be a scripted event.

from dust

I really wanted this game to be good, but it just wasn't.

It's actually really neat. Wasn't expecting it to blanket the map in snow like that, usually snow maps are just specific areas or maps in the game.

Y'all just retarded or do you really try hard to be cynical

Attached: 1530697170803.webm (852x480, 2.15M)

You don't have a clue what you're talking about. You can play this game for 100 hours constantly shooting in the air and never hit a bird. I don't understand why you refuse to believe something so asinine and plausible.

Attached: 1552388016978s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Why would they even waste the effort not scripting it when it would be so much easier to? It's not impressive, get over it.

Attached: 1530697234090.webm (1280x720, 903K)

yikes

>1% chance for the game to pretend you hit a bird
NO IT MUST BE REAL

its muscle memory you develop in your first Bethesda game

If you weren't a dumb nigger and knew anything about video games you would know that fucking ROCKSTAR would have that warning shot fire it's own projectile.

Impressive, for 2004

if i remember correctly the bowling balls give plastic

GTA 4 had great tech and physics, really wish they had it in 5.
youtube.com/watch?v=GWVtZJo-HqI

Attached: Tomgreen.jpg (1125x1109, 100K)

>tfw zoomers prefer graphics > gameplay
no wonder games are so shit these days

Attached: cod7fuckops3.png (710x668, 697K)

Attached: Technology.webm (1280x720, 2.88M)

I love how this is a game forum with virgin gamers who probably played games their entire lives yet they are utterly shocked by game engine restrictions and limitations.

where can we find more of such things

in the game you can already shoot down birds, would be no point adding scripted events like this, waste of time.

still there just disabled, can bring in a lot of stuff through editing files
worthless performance hog in the end, when it comes to optimization useless shit goes first

what game?

except to have kids go "woah way cool, what are the odds?!"

Oh hey, a conspiracy theorist. You wouldn't happen to have any spare plots regarding 9/11 or the moon landing, would you?

>Comes to a tech thread, talks about gameplay
Your brain is becoming mush old man.

and that can already happen. so no point adding it

Attached: 1353346122148.gif (487x274, 2.6M)

Yes. Literally what are the odds. I've never seen this happen any other time than in this specific instance. You are as jaded as a homeless addict and you definitely have the brain of one too.

wouldnt call physics worthless, but I understand why they had to reduce some of it, especially for online. That doesnt explain the AI being stupider though.

Damn that would be so weirdly satisfying.

>2019
>Can't claim ladders
How is this not shocking?

Is this Angels Fall First?

Generally TECHNOLOGY regards how the world can be interacted with via gameplay. In fact I would say that was the original spirit behind TECHNOLOGY threads. I don't know about nowadays though, maybe people are just showing webms and jiffs of particle contextless particle effects. I haven't been to one in a while.

Not that guy, but it's not impossible the devs would code in a 0.001% of hitting a bird any time you shot in the air without looking up. It sounds like the kind of thing they might do for fun, assuming that the concept of fun still exists in the corporate structure they work in.

There's no proof they did without looking at the code or hard testing it by shooting at the sky thousands of times, but it's not even implausible, honestly.

Sure is

Attached: I'M FIRN MAH LAZER.webm (1172x712, 2.96M)

ai is just a bunch of commands to execute, the more of them then for more the cpu has to keep checking for, in the end anything that isnt care gameplay design will go

>still no update

Attached: just super.png (225x308, 144K)

Attached: 1530698029225.webm (1920x1200, 2.33M)

Attached: open controls.webm (1920x1080, 2.87M)

It's also not impossible to fake a moon landing or set up political plots, what's your point?

How the fuck can people watch this slideshow and be impressed? Even fucking movies are 24fps

this fucking moron has obviously not played red dead 2. it's not scripted you fucking troglodyte.

I remember being interested in this. How is it?

The real technology behind Dirt Rally 2 is how they applied grip models to the road textures. For example if your left tire hits an ice patch you actually feel the slight slip on that side.

You can see the ice and snow patches half way though this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=Akt4hz9SDCA

How many more decades is its gonna be in early access?

It's not the game, it's his toaster. The game runs at 60 FPS, and I'm pretty sure reloading animations were recorded at 240 FPS to make them look smoother during zed time. Clearly you are here to look at pretty graphics, not what TECHNOLOGY is about.

>Remember that their engine prevents them from letting you climb ladders
Bully uses the same engine, and you can climb ladder. I is just Bethesda that is incompetent.

gosh

It's not bad, just a different flavor of Battlefront. Pretty small community but at least you can play against bots

Attached: Battleships in green clouds.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Do we have an estimate to the heat death of the universe?

what game?

Sure. But there's also no reason why the warning shot wouldn't actually hit birds sometimes.
It's programmed to work as a normal shot so this kind of stuff could happen.
We KNOW it's possible to happen un-scripted. We DON'T know if it's scripted to ever happen. So why assume it was unnatural in that webm?

It looks was cooler than Battlefront, though. I'll have to look into it. I hope the community grows during sales or something.

The game randomly goes in and out of slow motion combined with the particles is hard on the webm renderer. Why are you comparing movies to webms?

You are not very smart.

Attached: vYzfRoe.png (914x821, 355K)

You should let other people use their brains user you don't always have to lay out the logical progression of conclusions that the rest of us came to

>zoomers playing KF2
Fuck?

Attached: 1553351323922.webm (800x450, 1.81M)

How does this even happen? devs think, "hey wouldnt it be fun to have a bowling ball and some pins prepared in this raider base, and also a skeleton in a mall cart ready to go down a slope?" they do it, try it and see it doesnt work and just say "fuck it just leave it like that"?

Oh shit a guy on reddit says it was scripted I believe you now

Attached: 1548896464192.gif (480x270, 1.45M)

Yeah, that's the joke

forget that, you learn to stay away from objects like that. instant fucking kill if you touch em up.

>Screencapping your own Reddit post
Shit man, you sure got us.

>Even with heavy snow you have good visibility
The heaviest snowfall I've driven in you could see maybe 5 feet in front of the car, so looks like you've never actually seen heavy snow.
Silly mongolian.

Attached: kenan.gif (240x266, 3.86M)

Are you new nigga? This is what happens in technology threads. Graphics gameplay whatever. I'm surprised no posted the crysis drum or mgs ice cubes.

they also had fuel aswell because theres one fucking mission where you really notice it

It's a screen cap of the guy who made the video

In what way is he an authority on the subject?

Probably just slightly dodge physics and it calculated the momentum of the bullet going into the bird and kinda fucked up the forward momentum. still pretty cool imo. RDR2 was a kick ass tech demo, but not much more than that. Just makes me excited for GTA VI.

mainly a response to this

>It's a feature!
>didnt you find it funny? I bet you expected our game to have a competent physics engine, ha, gotcha!

Attached: 1376611768277.png (304x341, 112K)

light wood laminate

Attached: technology.webm (1280x720, 2.11M)

That's pretty amazing

Kek

Maybe it was flying like a kite against a strong wind and barely moving forward.
youtube.com/watch?v=u43cWcez3I4

>can you shoot a bird in the sky
>yep
>did I just shoot in the sky
>yep
>so what you are saying is that if I shoot into the sky, I might hit a bird
>yep
>I hit a bird with the warning shot
>nope, it was scripted

Attached: 54800612_844558885883484_5946824230969007556_n.jpg (1080x1080, 137K)

what game?

Nice, here's the opposite effect.
youtube.com/watch?v=rpExnmq8hD0

can anyone tell me what game this is? Thank you very much.

even if its scripted to happen randomly if a warning shot is fired its still a neat additional detail and counts as technology imo
I say that because the breakable bottles in mgs2 also are just a animation that plays if they are pointed at and the trigger is pulled and they seem to count as technology

Looks like Prey

>chances of hitting a bird with a warning shot and having it fall straight down right next to you (ignoring it's prior vector)
1/10000000000
the point is the script is the more likely answer
prey

>It's not impossible to fake a moon landing or set up political plots!
It is impossible to keep those things a secret for generations, because any plot that required a whole studio of people will have a paper trail of some sort somewhere, and information is usually declassified eventually.

Aside from that, the effort required to make a dead bird spawn in the sky is a lot less than faking the moon landing.

It's not a mad conspiracy to say they might have done it, because it's easily within a developer's capability. It's just that there's not really any proof that they did. user's not insane, he's just cynical.

I know this thread is supposed to be ironic but I really like details like pic related

Attached: ChairAnimation.webm (640x360, 1.59M)

Git gud.

Attached: Prey.webm (854x480, 2.96M)

koikatsu

>rusted bones slide fine tho

I'm with you it's still rare enough to impress me sometimes

You don't use whom there.

On one hand, if it were a script I think we would see a lot more videos of it happening, but on the other hand, the bird comically falling right next to your character when it should have continued its momentum and sailed off to the right is pretty good evidence that it's a script.

I enjoyed all the cool shit in Prey, but the amount of times it forced me into boring ass combat situations made the game way too much of a slog for me to go through

It's just attention to detail that I appreciate. The fact that they thought about that, made mocap for it and implemented it is a lot of work that wasn't needed at all. Only a small percentage of players are gonna see it.

Prey 2017 has the most TECHNOLOGY moments of any game in the past 5 years but none of these faggots played it.

and an even smaller percentage appreciate it for what it is. It's a sign of developer effort for sure.

This could've been like that crashed wagon in RDR2 that tips and sends you tumbling out and down a cliff.

Even if you were without power armor and died, you wouldn't really be mad because what did you expect? Another wasted opportunity by Bethesda.

Yeah it's the little things for me as well. In MGS 2, if you'd shoot some cup thing, the ice cubes would spill and shatter, and ice cubes that were together would melt slower than lone ones.

When I pushed some grandpa carrying groceries in GTA IV and cheese and shit fell out of his bag, that's really enjoyable. I dont even enjoy bullying old people.

Attached: 1359034692810.gif (300x169, 3.97M)

Wanna get high?

What are bowling bowls made of?

porcelain

Sure.

Attached: Prey - Watch the sky.webm (920x518, 1.81M)

This game still has the most realistic explosions in vidya

Attached: Ardennes offensive.webm (1920x1080, 2.66M)

Attached: Broadside.webm (1920x1080, 2.95M)

You mean polyester aka Plastic

Attached: Leonardo da Vinci machines in motion - YouTube.webm (640x480, 1.88M)

It never even once forces you into combat. You can always avoid combat.

that looks op

Attached: Leonardo da Vinci machines in motion2 - YouTube.webm (640x480, 1.74M)

holy shit

its been the same engine since morrowind. new graphics middlewares and software complexity but i guarantee that the physics engine is straight out the box physX without any real modifications

most of the dev effort went into getting the game looking modern because the ESP system is straight dogshit and their entity and scripting system is straight out of 1998. its got serious problems that are only compounding as they keep reusing it for these types of games

>finally download koikatsu
>cum like twice as much and harder as i usually do jacking it to doujins

Attached: 1489740564816.png (599x563, 364K)

That's not new, it's been in every racing game for the last twenty years or more.

You know games hide things that aren't in your line of vision? Bird outside of the screen probably forgot to calculate momentum at all.

Attached: bird.jpg (1024x727, 171K)

>not just binding Q for quicksave

All those shitty red/blue lines ruin the moment.

That's black ops 1 retard

Is it available in English?

Angels fall first, its pretty cool but real janky

There's a machine auto translation plugin someone made
I'd point you to the /h/ or /vg/ thread but I haven't seen any generals in the last few days

THE PINS ARE RUSTED IN PLACE!!!11!
THIS IS SCRIPTED!

Does the snow build up around his feet though, that's real technology

>multiple actual scripted stuff posted ITT
>only RDR2 one (which isn't even scripted) gets shitposted about it
Can't wait for this game to come to PC just so you faggots can shut up and actually play what you shitpost

Attached: 1546927258041.gif (295x222, 3.63M)

based red dead

Attached: 1540815092756.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

lol raging pctard
never ever coming to pc in your lifetime, buddy!
the cheeto virus or depression with kill you by then steamcel LOL

>you can totally avoid combat if you know exactly where everything is, including mimics
not a single person avoided all combat on their first playthrough and I can grantee that

Ninja Gaiden Razor's Edge

I like this

We need to learn how to resurrect people.

probably should have spent a little less time on boob physics and a little more on making a good game

All combat probably not if blind, the majority of combat you can easily do it.

Attached: f04jump.webm (1920x1080, 2.4M)

>>When I pushed some grandpa carrying groceries in GTA IV and cheese and shit fell out of his bag, that's really enjoyable. I dont even enjoy bullying old people.

I remember something similar happening and they tripped up and all those groceries just spilled out of the bag back in 2008, was pretty fucking sweet. Later I discovered pushing people down stairs, and still do it in game till this day.

Might as well be W my man

Stick to discord and shitnetta Ken, you know nothing about NG

SHOOTING THE FUCKING BIRD IS FUCKING SCRIPTED FUCKING DEAL WITH IT REEEEEEEEEEE

>FPS drops to 26
Disgusting

it waivers almost 30 fps in 8 seconds of movement lolll

I finally found a picture of fragmentation in Escape from Tarkov. This is from a 12x70 RIP shotgun shell, which is a solid slug on barrel escape, but then fragments upon hitting anything, turning into multiple projectiles.

Attached: asd.jpg (1272x846, 496K)

Vivisector is unironically great after the first two hours when it starts throwing mostly humanoid enemies at you.

in illinois we get blizzards that you cant see in front of your face every 5 years or so

literally scripted

Now if Tarkov didn't have an asinine PVP system and a good anti-cheat....

Attached: 1545108642907.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

The RIP shell is scripted to always fragment, yes. Other bullets have a chance upon hitting anything to fragment.

Why are you posting in a technology thread then

Attached: nothing personal.gif (297x168, 1023K)

>my legs are ok

Because the fragmentation paths are dynamically calculated based on the density of the material being penetrated. Small metal sheet? The fragmentation will be close together, like a shotgun shell. Big box? Far apart, going in all directions.

But it's scripted right?

im curious, does it also take into consideration angle of initial impact?

No, for anything but RIP shells, the process is completely dynamic, and it can happen for any surface in the entire game, including walls which larger calibers can penetrate.

Literally everything in videogames is scripted, technically speaking.

>Now if Tarkov didn't have an asinine PVP system
There literally is no point to the game other than PvP though

>people are still falling for this
It's literally a parody at this point

Attached: 13355241241.png (1920x1080, 871K)

Not a clue, but each individual fragment then has its own chance to ricochet and to hit people.

Are you scripted bro?

Aren't we all?

Attached: 1528760783131.jpg (750x760, 90K)

I'm a completely dynamic process

You're a completely dynamic faggot

>falling for the truth
lmao

have sex

>Rally through Silent Hill

reminder that only the bird getting shot is scripted and unscripted fags are SEETHING

thanks famalam

It's scary how close we are to this begin a real thing. Drone hover board is a real thing that exists

Pretty sure it's a scripted easter egg.

THIS is the version

I think Max Payne 3 had some nice instances where while you're jumping around, Max actually tries to anticipate some objects. Like if you jump against a wall he'll sort of react before actually hitting it, just in anticipation for it.

>2019
>still no sound webms on Yea Forums

Attached: 1485757467548.jpg (807x659, 37K)

is this shit translated?

yeh

If people have the right armor they can tank like 40 bullets

We did have them for a while. It was hell on earth.

its not rocket science to set up like CM3D was right? Fuck having to set it up all day for a 3 minute fap

moot disabled them after getting sanic screamered once and never re-enabled them because he was too chickenshit to let his site undergo some heightened shitposting

I find it more easy to setup than CM3D, you can go to /h/, they have repack with all the dlc on sukebei but without mods

Thanks for the fucking spoilers.

N-NANI

jesus kek tell me that was placed intentionally there in the game just to be cucked by physics that aren't there

KINGU KURIMZON

That's not as impressive as you might think it is. Smooth transitioning shaders that go from one state to another have been a thing for a really long time, and can be done in about 10 mins in unity. I like the snowflake effect though, very clean. Hardmode is making it pile up, which requires a lot more shader fuckery.

talking about GTA IV i noticed that after civilians went to up to ATMs they'd have more money if you killed them.

light wood laminate

Press Z, nigger

Bethesda not being capable of making a functional shopping cart is actually way more believable than this.

Just like irl

>I have a 1070 and it drops from 144 to 20 using that shit.
Sure

You mean trolley?

I thought Max Payne 3 was a step down in quality from 1 and 2 but I loved how he contorts his body mid-air during a shootdodge, maneuvering his feet and legs out of the way of his gunsights. If I recall he also dynamically shifts his weight around while moving, especially notable when he's carrying a pistol and a long arm weapon together. Max's character model also squints when aiming down the sights. And yes, he does dynamically protect himself from running into walls and other objects, if but I remember correctly it depends on his state: when he's in the middle of combat shooting like mad he just slams into the wall, but when things are more calm he tries to shield himself from the impact.

It's been a long time since I played MP3, I'm probably forgetting more.

I saw that video on youtube

It is. Theres a small chance that whenever you fire your gun in the air like that that a bird will drop, wether or not there were actually any flying above you.

Uhh what?

Attached: Bethesda_underworks_Ladder_to_the_wasteland.jpg (1728x1080, 598K)

It's definitely scripted, that's why the bird comedically falls right beside him instead of further away like something that was actually in motion and not a gag easter egg.

Agree. I'll always prefer 1 and 2 but while I could go on for a long time about what I hate in 3, Max's gameplay actually felt satisfying.

Someone post the oil drum one.

>Mimikry
Junge Junge

>click to enter loading screen

>TECHNOLOGY threads are now nothing but shitposting

Fuck, this is like when Infographic Threads on Yea Forums died due to "lol everything is mustard gas"

Another thing is throwable spears. Fucking Obsidian got it working along with other technological magic in F:NV. The guns in there aren't even suppose to work the way it is, but they were able to do it.

In FO4, they didn't even use any of the improvements of the engine and just stuck with their Morrowind/Oblivion one

youtu.be/OSPYfFalzHw
Wasted time

Thowing spears use the grenade script. This was already a thing in Fallout 3 and Fallout NV does infact use far less script or "magic" as Bethesda does.
>The guns in there aren't even suppose to work the way it is, but they were able to do it.
What do you mean?
>In FO4, they didn't even use any of the improvements of the engine and just stuck with their Morrowind/Oblivion one
Are you really this retarded?

>Lazarus Project
Lazarus was a dead guy brought back to life by Jesus. heh

My God Bethesda is so lazy and incompetent. People are only now realizing this. Still buying TESVI day one tho

>2019
>wanting sound webms on Yea Forums

It'd literally be 90% le epic meme screeches, 5% people posting their "GOAT" soundtracks that are really just vaporwave syn shit and the remaining 5% of posts would benefit from sound.

>Removed
Heads don't pop anymore?

Nvidia PhysX fluids.
The blood spouting out of their necks and spreading on the floor. The check box was greyed out for a while because it caused random fps drops, not sure if it's back or not.

so just like the internet as a whole, still not a reason for total ban

you dont even have to be that specific, britbong. name anything in bethesday games environment.

and one of their next games is a fully 3-D space shooter GG LMAO

Oh man. I've never seen a shitpost with so many layers of pathetic bitterness. This is sad bro.

More like turd world interactive lol

Weird that I remember knocking the pins down (yes with the bowling ball). Must've been patched at some point.

Mafia 1 was incredible and shows why PC is the most important platform and should always be the priority for development

MOMMYYY

Here's the original tech demo.

Attached: TechDemo.webm (640x360, 2.8M)

>fps drops to 20
>game crashes every 15 minutes
>technology

It's janky as hell. Audio(and combat dialogue for games like this) is extremely important in video games. In AFF, when you're riding in a space ship with epic shit going on in the background, the most you really here is
>boom
>skree
and that's about it until your ship's lights start going off under attack, then you simply add a siren noise ontop of it, but it's still unfulfilling and janky.

it's not physx it's havok, and from what I understand they have it up to date for each new game. that being said bethesda sucks shit at everything so their integration of havok is also shit

>he thoughts the physics were PhysX
That guy must be a retard. They did add Physx for particle effects and weapon debris though.

project cars 2 has quite a good simulation of tire wear, depending on heat and condition they can make driving totally different.

And the fire keeps burning!

you stole this thought from the last time that webm was posted. don't you dare take credit for it.

RULES OF NATURE

Anyone that has played RDR2 for any amount of time can tell that it's not scripted. Try shooting any bird in the game roaming for the explanation on the falling spot.

Värmländare kan suga min babbe kuk.

Attached: SecondMediumDogwoodclubgall.webm (1280x720, 576K)

>trolley
nice job outing yourself fags

Attached: monster.png (751x704, 990K)

That's pretty neat too. I believe the snow melts off your clothes in Days Gone too, but I haven't played enough to really test it.

>trolley
They're called buggies

Little details like this are the pinnacle of TECHNOLOGY threads.

Like in The Division where if you're behind the cover of a car and move by an open door, you'll close the door.

>realistic
not in a million years
also CoH1 had better looking explosions. At least artillery explosions.

it was fun enough, the characters were all really irritating though.

Also, forgot to ask - is the online still alive?

Speaking that, does anybody remember that little fad of "you close the door when you move in cover!" techwank on multiple games? Remember it on Division, FFXV, CoD, and WatchDogs

I played RDR2 long enough to know its shit. Horrible graphics, shit U.I., awful physics, braindead A.I., and boring gameplay. Fuck off Rockshill, the game was a flop. Accept it.

I fucking loved it

Attached: Prey (2017) 05.26.2017 - 14.25.03.04.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

this also applies to

ok zoomer.

As you're riding, it can build up on your bike and your legs.

Attached: y2mate.com - 21_amazing_details_in_days_gone_EaL1kNwAcb4_1080p.mp4_snapshot_09.46_[2019.05.14_21.14. (1920x1080, 1.21M)

the downtown area in FO4 is one giant fps sinkhole.

And yet barely any games do it.

Maybe it wasn't t that high or fast

oh, so that's how scavs are able to destroy all my limbs in one shot

>tfw you realize the whole purpose of the dart crossbow is to allow you to get (nearly) perfect completion without getting any Typhon powers
It's actually ridiculous how many workarounds are in the game for a Pure Human run. There's exactly one room you can't access (without a GLOO glitch anyway), a room in Living Quarters with a shattered door, and even then there's almost nothing in it.

That's not a build up though, just the same shadershit and it looks terrible.

Do you have any examples with better buildup and such? I'm genuinely curious to see how some other games may do it.

It's the same thing that happens with swimming and having your clothes get wet. Sure it's just shader fuckery, but it's still neat and was TECHNOLOGY for a long time.

Such is life in the zone.

I really, really like wind in vidya.

Attached: wind.webm (960x540, 2.96M)

have you ever pushed a shopping cart?

Who are you quoting user?

Playing Dishonored 2 right now, has some pretty good moments.

We have a few Prey threads every now and then. Its Yea Forums core but nobody has played it to know this. Except us Preychads, of course.

Woops, meant to quote Sorry about that user

Easily one of my favorite edits of all time.
10/10 shit right there

have some tits an doughnutts

Attached: 1551647151135.jpg (1024x768, 88K)

I love this game. The mods for it are pretty nice too. I wish more games would use CryEngine.

Nvidia Gimpworks at your service.

thanks for reminding me that I used to eat doughnuts out of my ex's tits a few years ago

Yes its a fetish thing

Attached: 1519230040260.jpg (1024x740, 85K)

Right here

>särskriver
Oväntat.

And?

me too
i unironically think foliage wind in project zomboid is more important than all their animation work

So you're saying that the sprinkles are the most important part of the donut?

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 771K)

that enfilade tho

>Post not found.
reeee

Not technology, go make a scripted thread

Fuck you, svenska kvinnor tillhör oss nu.

>Not because of a gif turned into a wemb

There is an elder scrolls general on /aco/

CP
UU
NN
TT

LMAO

Y'all remember the whole phsyx shit?

Attached: mafia 2 debris.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

I see, thank you very much user

This is madness!

Attached: mafia 2 glass.webm (1280x720, 2.89M)

Some ye olden attempt at a lawn mower.

Good times. I still have very fond memories of Mirrors Edge

proof that americunts really are the most self centered cunts on earth

like this, user

Oh man, running through those drapes was something else

Attached: bphysxon[1].jpg (1920x1200, 277K)

vinci would be like a kid in a candy store in the modern world

Resident Evil 2 eyeball reflects room

Attached: eye reflection.jpg (1920x2176, 1.09M)

Ahh thank you

Attached: 1367105146.png (799x1033, 400K)

WHY ISN'T THE CROSSHAIR CENTERED?

Attached: 1455065151421.jpg (597x615, 213K)

Holy fucking shit you really just can't admit that you're wrong jesus christ I don't even like the fucking game and i know it's not scripted. rockstar games always play with fun ragdoll physics/collision, how hard is it to believe that someone accidentally shot a bird in a video game

Some of the best eyeballs in all of gaming. Why even add a detail like that? You can only notice it with camera mods

Not to that level of granularity they haven't.

three arrows to link to other boards/posts on other boards

>autist screeching about it being scripted is a fucking redditor
Honestly not surprised knowing Yea Forums

Pwnd

The fucking webm itself is the proof you dumb nigger, it even does the effect for when you successfully kill someone/something in a normal gunfight.It's not scripted, ridiculous for sure, but its just a result of some really consistent world simulation

It also had the dynamic smoke, right? Might buy it on Origin now that I think of it

>MOM, I POSTED SHILL AGAIN - LOOK, MOOOOM

Commenting like that is a worse spoiler really, anyone who hasn't played the game yet is gonna have no idea this is even relevant to anything and would most likely forget, but now they're aware that this is some sort of twist or important plot point

Yeah no one asked faggot, your dumb ass can't accept the bird being shot not being a scripted set piece, and now you're just saying the game is shit because you know you're wrong. Shameful

>people still shilling Rockstar and pretending that NOO EVERYTHING IS COMPLETELY ORGANIC AND REAL
lol

Have you ever played a rockstar game recently? weird goofy physics shit like this happens alot

No retard its just that specific webm, there are scripted moments in the missions but that bird being shot was not one of them.

you realize even most people who dislike RDR2 are still secure enough to admit that it has some neat ragdoll and physics stuff going on right? you're an idiot bud

Why do you need other examples to tell if a thing is impressive or not?

Not him, but that's literally not how snow buildup works on clothing. It doesn't look good.

Arma really needs a new engine though, their current one is way to glitchy and stiff

I want to see how other games do it.

t. poorfag

>quicksaving
>not using console to create a proper save
It's like you want to get your saves corrupted

fucking gullible morons

>soundless
>superior
This a a BAD example of TECHNOLOGY!

Attached: 27393f5798ff0ef49c5a69328a6424be0f168758767935c278c62f1ef0aef208.jpg (640x566, 48K)

>I'm genuinely curious to see how some other games may do it.

Yea Forums is the most hostile board on this site

That webm perfectly captures the feeling of playing fallout

you sure showed them user

youtube.com/watch?v=DDLFCxaxb60&t=29s

because of course thats a thing with bethesda

>Can't prove that it was scripted
>Jumps to just shitting on the game in general
>Still can't prove it was scripted

Seething.

That's nothing compared to what the spells the high elves have, their fire phoenix and burning head just decimates half of the opponents army.

You sure like your Rockstar卐 games, don't ya?

Attached: 1422984968276.jpg (508x487, 39K)

Man, Mafia was the shit. Fuck I miss the past.

This is completely true. I remember reading that gay comic with pineapples, and thought nothing of it until some faggot replied saying that he would now forever associate pineapples with that shit, and now I do too.

Doesn't take a rockstar fan to know you're an angry manlet thats in denial about a game he clearly hates doing something even remotely cool

That combined with the creaking of the wood sounds, so good.

you gonna call me an incel too?

Attached: 1423507144524.jpg (2048x1371, 526K)

>I make shit up
Literally runs smooth af. Stop larping about your 1070

Nope, because I at least know you're a dumb cunt that cant handle being wrong. Why would I start making shit up past that? Would be an educated assumption at best

nobody asked for your opinion on the quality of the game, spergazoid

see

Just because someone tells you stick to one subject doesn't mean they disagree with you about the game sucking, you're even more of a faggot than actual rockstar "shills" that don't actually exist mind you

Man, they really need to work on your scripts more. I've seen much better from Rockshills. How does it feel to be outdone by a dead bird?

that's anti-technology

consoles

For what?

>actually did a full human run on it because of the whole "Typhon is bad thing"
Even after the whole "the magical juice is actually goo typhon" I kept doing it because holyshit was it fun doing it

you are genuinely retarded, i am so sorry

At least he's not as retarded as people who think the bird thing isn't scripted.

it's scripted as much this video is scripted
youtube.com/watch?v=W8ozgdarF3M

in conclusion: no, it's not

Feel free to use another first world linga franca such as...

Attached: Vivisector - Beast Within.webm (480x360, 1.12M)

>You gain Brozouf

It can be modded though

kek

>Prey 2006 has the most TECHNOLOGY moments of any game in the past 5 years but none of these faggots played it.

FTFY

Attached: Prey 2006.jpg (1013x588, 417K)

show one with the rude goldberg gas station from 3

>What is a cubemap?

>2006
>past 5 years

Attached: BWC_Common_Core_Logo.png (410x426, 17K)

>not direct linking to the webms
don't make them wade through that shit. and there's a lot of it there.

early access forever as far as im concerned, but the bigger issues involving performance and net coding seem to be mostly resolved. Most patches tend to involve making the AI better, map improvements, cosmetic stuff. I remember when this game couldnt run above 30 fps. Totally playable now, but the problem is nobody just sits in a match. If I join a server suddenly people start to join in and ive gotten a good 15 players in a server that way. Luckily the AI are rather competent to fill in for players.

If that were to happen it'd be nothing but WHERE THE HOOD AT screamers

>dumb trannyfaggot cant loop his webm
what a shock

Attached: Ui.jpg (1024x768, 246K)

I liked it tho

I did my first playhtrough entirely human because i thought there would be a better ending if you never used the typhoon stuff and then found out it doesn't change shit.

Attached: 1486016054731.gif (342x239, 981K)

Shame the focused on fuckign gore and turned all of the other aspects of the game in shit, shooting in that game feels like a wet fart, Also
>Robots.

Im from latin america you stupid mongoloid.

I really loved the modular weapons in this game.

10/10 would cyber leg again

>prop hunt

no. there's just a small chance for a bird to spawn in and drop when you perform that action. don't be a dumbass

then why's there only one video on the whole internet showing that happening?

Attached: 1557489761467.png (596x600, 603K)

OUT FUCKING SKILLED

based. Graphics fags need to die along with esports niggers.

Driving in this game was great, the bootlegging race missions are etched into my memory.

>seriously expecting 200 year old rusted bottles to knock over
lmao

I only used mimicry and that's it because they only told me abusing it would lead to consequences, which even then was stupid

I still think this game did "IT WAS ALL A DREAM" right since it still mattered

nu uh let me just zoom in like an autist and analyze the ammount of rust

Har typ aldrig sett en babbe och en svensk brud tillsammans, dock har jag sett många babbe brudar med svenska pojkar, varför är det så?

fuck you faggot that sounds amazing. I hate you cunts giving me more fetishes.

Take a stroll through /gif/ or /wsg/ and get back to me newfaggot.

Hurga blurga durg? Herp flergitty fåggöts merg flargle bargen.

>common core
fuck your nigger learning. this is a white board faggot. I'll be that you and that trash in the incenerator kike.

Also have a 1070, can confirm.

Europe doesn't get the same weather we do n Canada
I've been in snow storms that were so bad I couldn't even walk, the wind was pushing me backwards, 3 foot snow banks, cars moving at 10km an hour because visibility is so bad.
And I live in the south, it's really mild here but compared to Europe its cold as shit

I've experienced this here in Sweden, not sure if it's been so bad that I couldn't walk, but windy enough to be a bit difficult to walk

>weird goofy physics shit
it's the complete opposite of that because it just has gravity acting on it. a complete lack of any momentum on it is a dead giveaway for it being scripted. I've intentionally shot birds in RDR2 before and they have NEVER fallen straight down

Nah, Europe gets the warm water from Mexico Canada is the coldest country on earth Winnipeg is literally colder than mars

普通话

>The wind chill has gone down as low as −57 °Communism (−70.6 °Freedom)
Jesus fuck.

Love how the tires would deform when you ride onto curb or any other small obstacle.

We have to go up north for the summer because when it's 30 degrees in southern Ontario that's too hot for us

>Varmland
>its cold
What?

another life claimed by the zone

check'd

>Malm Ö
>Isn't an Island

Attached: 1556940912556.png (181x242, 70K)

MP3 was the king of TECHNOLOGY for its time. Really well optimized too.

Story and gameplay were sacrificed (fuck those unskippable cutscenes) but the tech behind it was super impressive.

Attached: TECHNOLOGY.gif (450x600, 2.65M)

>Why would they even waste the effort not scripting it
... scripting it is more effort though?

post medal of honor

Attached: 1556357895634.webm (1280x1024, 2.87M)

I'm honestly surprised the cart didn't spaz out and kill him.

made this little juggler earlier today
i know the game is dumb but its still fun

Attached: marble run ping pong.gif (270x152, 3.5M)

You can appreciate graphics tech as well as gameplay strides retard.

>Hey son, whatcha playing?

Rof tied to fps

>Doesn't shiver or react to the cold
Devs just dont go all the way

>posts reddit as proof
You need to go back

Attached: e43.png (571x618, 53K)

>Good wind in this game
>lovely wind
>good wind for a gba game

>TOUCH TO CALIBRATE

Attached: 1493271309097.jpg (720x690, 72K)

Attached: bigfukinsword.webm (640x480, 409K)

>all these retards thinking its not scripted
Yikes

>heels on sand

Attached: screaming.jpg (1000x495, 190K)

top tier bayte

is this fucking game of thrones? I just saw a gif of farcry 3 and it had this same "tactic." stupidest shit I've ever seen. can't believe they thought it was cool enough to rip off.

better than endgame where armor doesnt matter since everyone pens right through it.