RIP

RIP

Attached: Capture.png (909x1145, 1.74M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wdIyxSVtPek
youtube.com/watch?v=07MrpcQkPz8
venturebeat.com/2019/01/14/sensor-tower-final-fantasy-xv-a-new-empire-made-375-million-on-mobile-in-2018/
youtube.com/watch?v=t1twk4ocKDo
youtube.com/watch?v=aO5A0QNiuJs
youtube.com/watch?v=kzgMB6jA35s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Wasn't that Baba's new studio?

Who

Square is a shitshow right now lol of course its cancelled

Didn't Sqeenix set up a bunch of these small-scale studios to make assorted jRPGs since Final Fantasy proves Sqeenix really doesn't know what the hell the jrpg market wants anymore?
I didn't keep track of all of them. That Setsuna dev studio was one of them, though.

But why?

literally what? never heard of this title

This

man, out of all the big Japanese names, probably only Konami is as much of a shitshow as Square over the past few years. The only one of their games I can think of recently that was any good is Nier Automata.

literally everything else from FFXV to that I Am Setsuna game to the Secret of Mana remake has been total shit

ff14 is pretty good.

Yeah. He left recently.

>ff14 is pretty good.

and it took a complete fucking reboot to get that way

I Am Setsuna is bad? I thought it looked interesting and I've been looking forward to playing it.

Soulless garbage. What do you expect from the studio that calls itself a "factory".

so?... its pretty good now

I never even heard of this game, did they just revealed it at some press event and threw art work and that's it?

That's too bad, I guess I'll put off getting it until I see a sale or I'm totally out of games to play.

>What do you expect from the studio that calls itself a "factory".

Neps

Baba is Younemployed

Baba is gone

>left on his own accord
Wtf Baba is a chad?!

I'll choose not to trust the opinion of someone that unironically uses soulless meme words, thanks

Baba is out

Baba's career since Zestiria continues its downward spiral. All because he was a little too obsessed with Mikako Komatsu.

And nothing of value was lost

BABA is VIRGIN
KEKE is CHAD

What is he even doing nowadays? When's the last time he made an actual good game?

Nobody can stop you from being a retard.

He's been bouncing between companies and not accomplishing much of importance. Zestiria is literally the last thing he worked on before starting Project Prelude

It was at TGS user.

Someone post the meme of Zestiria development .

>Another completely generic squeenix RPG is gone
Good.

>Someone post the meme of Zestiria development

which meme?
The one where he fucked everything over because he was heads over heels for Rose's VA? Right down to screwing over the main female lead?

Or the meme that thinks that the above statements are nothing but bullshit?

>mfw they get desperate enough to let Taro direct the next FF

Attached: 1434752830836.gif (169x271, 499K)

Square Enix fucking sucks.

Would probably be the best FF in a long while

he'd unrionically save ff. Prove me wrong, faggots.

It wasn't just his love of Rose that fucked the game up, it's Alisha only existing because the staff wanted a heroine yet the writer wanted to make her hated because he only had the seraph and Sorey's adventure in mind, not Rose or Alisha thus they were completely tacked on, so basically pettiness, selfish asshole behavior is what made Zestiria into the turd it was, only Baba got the bulk of the blame because that stuff with Rose's VA, when you make a cute girl get down on her knees to beg because you're too much of a pussy to face the crowd yourself it's only natural people will want your head on a pike.

even through Baba had no involvement with Bearseria, the prequel to Zestira the damage was already done, the anime was a shitshow because they tried to make Rose and Alisha just as important as Sorey when they weren't and even tried to make them gay for each other in the end.

Anyway, I'm more mad because thanks to all this crap the game where Sorey and Velvet appear together will never come to fruitation. the world of those games is such a shithole because some people upstairs in verse really hated the idea of the seraph and humanity actually getting along so they made it so no matter what it's never going to happen, something that would obviously be the plot of the third game with the hellion velvet, the shepard now turned seraph sorey teaming up to kill those dicks

It's gone to the vault along with the Triverse war that was to involve the worlds of Tales of hearts, tales of innocence and tales of the tempest

I hadn't even heard of this game till now.

As bad as it is, didn't XV sell well?

oh no, not someone who would finally deliver us from the Nomura terror. How terrible!
I'd have to stop pretending my protag was a cute girl and have to start admitting they actually are one.

And people expect FF7 Remake to be a good product when modern SE is a clusterfuck of idiotic management. Amazin'.

>As bad as it is, didn't XV sell well?

Years of hype and brand recognition will do that.

>only Baba got the bulk of the blame because that stuff with Rose's VA
and being the director. It's like how people but a lot of blame of FFXV's faults on Tabata, he was the director.

on track to be the best selling FF ever.

Yeah, but mostly because it had Wow to copy off of. If SE had nothing but their own ideas to work off of they'd be fucked. Well, Soken and ex primals are unique, but also a very tiny piece of the gane

fucking this is bullshit. japs should go back to slavery management. if you dont slave away for the "boss" you shame your whole race, family, company, and your wife and daughter are prostituted to the yakzua because you dare defy the boss.

bring back those days BING BING WAHOO

>And people expect FF7 Remake to be a good product when modern SE is a clusterfuck of idiotic management. Amazin'.

I learned my lesson with FFXV (bought it shortly after launch) and I am waiting for FF7R release a complete edition (with all the episodes) before I consider getting it.

It's an interesting example of a game where every decision made by the director or the dev team was wrong, and every aspect of the game is not only terrible, but was done at least 10 times better in other SE games released previously
The only reason I don't consider it the worst RPG ever made is because at least it's stable and doesn't crash, and it's not a shitty RPG Maker game with reused graphics. But it's absolutely the worst game released by Square in the entire generation, and they have the balls to ask 40 bucks for that game and never put it on sale

Toriyama is a waifufag who shot off 3 shitty games for his pink slut
Normua knows he's never getting fired so he takes his time and doesn't care about how long it takes
Baba was such a cancer they quietly canned him a month ago and just now finally pulled the plug on the game he was working on
Taro makes good shit with fanservice and confusing non endings

The absolute state of square enix, TWEWY was a flop on the switch and they pissed off what fans that franchise had with another shitty cliff hanger ,the Bravely and Octopath games weren't all that great and there's no real interest in sequels for them or their dated combat system

>mfw they get desperate enough to let Taro direct the next FF
Fuck no, even Toriyama with his waifu obsession is better than this hack.

i think a positive of a shitshow that ff7R will be we'll get new orchestral songs and some nice remixes.

i mean has the music dept of square ever let anyone down?

Still won't make the money back they wasted almost a decade developing it.

>,the Bravely and Octopath games weren't all that great and there's no real interest in sequels for them or their dated combat system

then why did Sqaure decide to port Octopath to PC like a year after it came out on the Switch?

>i mean has the music dept of square ever let anyone down?
No. Even in their worst games, the music was good

>Still won't make the money back they wasted almost a decade developing it.
especially with all the DLC they were shitting out for it and keeping the Multiplayer servers alive

oh so now they're willing to cancel projected that are doomed from the start?

What's going through their minds when they cancel games that are like half finished. Not just Square, Disney and EA with cancelled Star wars 1313 etc... They don't mind the money they invested into being lost forever?

Konami can release a game when they want to

good fuck baba

I'm guessing Baba had absolutely nothing to show after about 2 years of "work" so Square just got rid of him and binned the project.

XV sold buckeloads more than any other FF project.
The issue is that the budgets balloon faster than their profits.

>Baba fucked up so bad they didn't even release the game
Jesus

I gotta wonder what the fuck happened here. We got a teaser trailer a while back that looked janky but surely that wasn't the only reason.

I played I Am Setsuna and really enjoyed it (though agree it was overpriced at launch), but I feel like every time I've seen it discussed people fucking hate it with a passion and I can never fully understand why.

Reading the guy clearly hates the game, but I don't fully understand what his issue with it is. I thought it was a solid game that took heavily inspiration from SNES era JRPGs with its own really somber tone which I liked.

I think part of it was a lot of people were misled by it being "Chrono Trigger inspired" when that's really only true of the combat system. I also think the snow-only setting and piano heavy OST aren't for everyone but I think they massively set the tone of the story.

I still wonder why SE hired him in first place after his fuck up with Zestiria.
Usually nips avoid shit when it comes to bad publicity.

It's not great. The tech system is pants on head retarded with you needing to equip them like Materia instead of just learning the moves on level up, and dual/triple techs ranges from worthless to fucking crazy OP. The story is also pretty bland and the setting wears thin quickly. Imagine Crono Trigger but with a much more convoluted skill system that only detracts from the game and only one setting and that's I am Setsuna.

Wasn't this that RPG with really bad running animation?

yeah

Zestiria was mediocre like all the tales titles, rpgs havent been great since ps1 days, and theyve only been decent since ps2 days, like u guys deserve anything fun anyway with your sht taste. Nobody owes u sht.

Probably because Baba was associated with a well grossing franchise for years and Square decided to give him a chance despite all the negativity around him.

I always wonder what the mentality behind posts like this is. What are you hoping to actually bring across by just saying "all games in this genre sucked for twenty years lol"

Also you can say the word shit here.

This, also with the success of Nier SE is looking to create more lower budget games that can hit a niche, and Tales of kinda fits that.

They can write it off and thus lose less money on it than if they funded it to completion.

>japanese devs dying out
I'm scared, bros. I don't want to be left alone with snoy california femoid puke of a gamedesign.

Tales of the rays is the best just for fleshing out zestia and bearsia's characters with each other. Edea is a little shit of a brat with her brother not a dragon

Just bring Matsuno back and don't meddle this time.

>i mean has the music dept of square ever let anyone down?
The Secret of Mana remake.

may i have more explanation daddio?

it sold six million copies literally day 1 and they said immediately that it made back what it cost them all in one go. then the money they made from season passes and Royal were raw profits

Never heard of it.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (274x224, 385K)

XV stays winning and its battle system lives on, normies btfo

@462163381
Sure it did Barry, sure it did.

youtube.com/watch?v=wdIyxSVtPek
vs
youtube.com/watch?v=07MrpcQkPz8

>weeb shit
Nothing valu was lost.

there are more than enough jrpgs in this world, i don't need FF to get what i want from rpgs anymore

so, enjoy the husk i guess

hmm i see your point.

In what universe is that shitfest anything but an embarrassment?

>It's like how people but a lot of blame of FFXV's faults on Tabata, he was the director.
It's way easier in Tabata's case because unlike some backroom controversy you have to research to get the full picture of, Tabata's openly stated numerous decisions pretty much anyone can stumble across that impacted the game. We also actually have seen plenty of Nomura's ideas and work prior to Tabata's full shift into director, so we know a lot more about how much he fucked up.

And now he's making a mobile paralympics game.

>directed 6, 9 and 12, all of which have gotten a good rep in the modern age and have done nothing but become more well received as time goes on
>has been working on FF since the start
>still has a job at Square Enix
>now they only let him supervise on ports and mobile games
Why are they holding Ito hostage?

Attached: hiroito.png (398x533, 174K)

Sasuga Baba

Secret of Mana remake didn't have one composer, nor two composers or even three - it had like, 20+ guest composers come in, from the original game's to fucking techno beats dudes. The result was too many cooks spoil the meal, where every song varied wildly in style and quality, and almost all of the replacements besides a few standouts were pretty much worse than the original tracks on the goddamn SNES. If the option for playing with the original soundtrack wasn't there, it would've flopped even harder.

OH NO

GUYS GENERIC JRPG FINAL FANTASY KNOCKOFF #18262662828 GOT CANCELLED. HOW WILL WE CONTINUE? NOW WE'LL NEVER KNOW HOW TAKANISHAKIWAKI-KUN ACTIVATED THE 7 SOUL CRYSTALS TO DEFEAT GOD WITH FRIENDSHIP

japanese companies run by corporate old men mishandle their talented employees and make money off of cheap cashgrabs, practically the standard nowadays

Elaborate.

Such as...

Attached: angrypinknoises.png (1280x863, 1.36M)

JRPG games were already dead. Ever since the PS2 era.

Not only did XV sell well but the mobile spinoff rakes in billions.

It's really weird.

interesting. maybe ti was just seen a a nice little anniversary project come and do a song? more of a fun project instead of a money maker mentality?

>the third kanonno's hair has a literal 3
Except that's the second Kanonno.

The mobile game for FFXV did good but didn't rake in billions.
venturebeat.com/2019/01/14/sensor-tower-final-fantasy-xv-a-new-empire-made-375-million-on-mobile-in-2018/
Earlier this year the total profits were sitting around a little over $500 million. Still quite good.

I actually tried to find numbers on KHUX to compare the two, but it's kinda difficult to find how much money that game has pulled in for some reason

Well firstly to contextualize why Zestiria was bad, it's important to note that Tales games get notoriously short deadlines to meet and their budget's not too great either.

Zestiria was very likely intended to have two branching paths, or at some point this was going to be a thing and didn't pan out. Initially the promotional artwork all showed Sorey and his staple 'female sidekick' being Alisha. Rose, who ends up actually filling this role in the final game, was apparently cast and voiced extremely late into development, likely because Baba could not decide which route the story should go (which girl to put the focus on entirely instead of only partially).

In the end, he decided to put all the importance and emphasis on Rose and abruptly shoved Alisha out of the story for random reasons whilst towns after she is gone, continue to sell her weapon as if she isn't basically absent until the very end of the game.

The reason most believe he focused on Rose was because Rose is just an insert OC based on her seiyuu, Mikako Komatsu, a woman who Baba has emphatically showered with creepy compliments in interviews. Many things about Rose's character profile also mirror Komatsu, and in-game she was even engaged to an arranged marriage with a man called Prince Conan, a reference to a nickname of Hideo Baba. Also Rose's "motto" is a reference to Komatsu's motto.

I can buy the idea of a branching story path having been in the cards, considering they had the ambitious-yet-empty attempt at "open world" that ultimately ended up with nothing, and you can beat the final boss early, albeit for a bad ending.

These are all the games Konami has released in the past 10 years, dude.

Attached: 1553626894684.png (715x897, 80K)

>The reason most believe he focused on Rose was because Rose is just an insert OC based on her seiyuu, Mikako Komatsu, a woman who Baba has emphatically showered with creepy compliments in interviews. Many things about Rose's character profile also mirror Komatsu, and in-game she was even engaged to an arranged marriage with a man called Prince Conan, a reference to a nickname of Hideo Baba. Also Rose's "motto" is a reference to Komatsu's motto.

Them making Rose and Alisha lesbians in the anime might have been a big "Fuck you, Baba" then holy shit is it a normal thing in Japan to use your position to try and smash? Dude tanked a game because he couldn't keep in his pants, What's even funnier is that Rose and Alisha in that Rays game hardly interact with Sorey but other tales of characters. Even in Tales of Asteria, Rose was first seen with Alivan of Tales of Xillia and Alisha seen with Llloyd, Pascal, Rua and Eizen from Symphonia, Graces, Innocence and Bearseria through I don't know if either game let the girls armaitize

Why are there three of the same girl anyway? I never played the raident games 2 of them were never translated and dubbed

Makes sense then, I honestly can't believe Square of all people gave him a chance after what he did to Tales of Zestiria all on his own.

The game probably wouldn't have been so bad even with Rose if they hadn't also decided to do seamless battles in the overworld. This turned out to be a terrible idea that caused countless problems, and basically ate up the entire development cycle to get in a working stable state (and even then it is buggy as hell, gets caught on trees, etc)

He also let Komatsu absorb all of the blame on a Tales-fan livestream, she literally prostrated herself to the Tales fandom with Baba nowhere in sight thinking that all of the anger was her fault for usurping the heroine they originally marketed.

What are the chances that Baba is completely black-listed now?

I thought that was a meme, he really forced that on her? I can only imagine the sheer rage those otaku felt that Baba made her do that still kinda messed up that Alisha and Rose are kinda all alone at the end of the game, the other 3 seraph have no real reason to stick by either of them after Sorey goes to sleep, all game it felt like none of them really cared for either girl while they were all buddy buddy with Sorey

Setsuna dev is one of them but like their sophmore title didnt make any sort of splash. I kind of wonder if the new game they are making is gonna be like a deciding factor on whether they stay open or not,

which to be fair looks like a MASSIVE leap in quality all around and is actually headed by one of the chrono trigger directors, so it looks like they are at least really trying to make the new game the best it could be.

Square is so fucking shit , hopefully CyGames is going to take their place when it comes to JRPGs

>Cygames
>the faggots from mobile gacha shit
Nah man

I'm glad the man who ruined Tales of wasn't allowed to make more shitty games.

>ff14 is pretty good.
Found the pedo tranny

This is more about Baba being a perennial loser than Square desu

Its a worthy sacrifice, hopefully Baba is blacklisted from now on and never makes video games again

Squenix has been doing this for A LOT OF TIME, they are fucking leeches and use underhanded methods, seriously, read up what happened to GRIN (the now defunct company who made Bionic Commando rearmed and 2009)

To sum it up they got the hopes up of the entire company saying they wanted a huge FF project, gave no clear indication on what the fuck they wanted, they just wanted something open world, once GRIN did the initial sketches, concept ideas, etc, Squenix started sending specific instructions on what and how they wanted things when things already began moving forward leaving everyone on GRIN clueless. Then, started faxing documents in bad quality, asking for several things, sometimes contradicting themselves, reviewing things that GRIN made in a bad light, someone from there got suspicious, sent them the very same document Squenix sent them and told them "how is it going" and Squenix said it was a bullshit idea, etc, pretty much acknowledging that they weren't reading shit and were just bashing them just because they could.Either way they got royally fucked because they spent a lot of money on this project, and Squenix bailed out by cancelling everything with no remuneration at all.

Attached: 1556407529248.jpg (550x598, 236K)

So Square is pretty much just outright admitting that they’re no longer even a tiny little bit interested in making rpgs, huh?

This was Baba's studio and he left the company like a month or two ago. Either the game and studio gets moved somewhere else or it stays cancelled until it gets revived

Well, what did you expect, after they fucked up KH 3 and almost fucking up with the awful development process of FFXV (even if it prints them money)

What did he do?

read the thread

Why is this man wasting his potential in a phone game?

>with Baba nowhere in sight
Can't blame him for that, the guy was getting death threats. In a country where celebrities get stabbed for ignoring fan mail, it would be very believable that he would be in danger if he appeared in public.

>Studio Istolia
>Project Prelude Rune
Literally who and literally what?

>they get desperate enough to let Taro direct the next FF

Attached: FFXIV_YoRHa_Dark_Apocalypse.jpg (2480x1240, 955K)

They still are getting record profits each year. Pachislot wasn't a mistake.

When is this coming out and when is it unlocked? I'm level 56 on HW

A bit late, I'm and I would like to add a bit more to why I dislike the game
Let's start with the whole "inspired by Chrono Trigger". I really hate making comparisons between games, even when they're clearly inspired by them as games should always be reviewed as a creation of their time and generation, but with Setsuna is impossible. It's impossible to not notice how the main character is based on Chrono (on the gameplay side) since his very first skill is Cyclone, he learns light magic, has a random resurrection spell despite not being the main healer, his strongest skill is Luminaire, and overall his role is identicaly to Chrono's role in Trigger. The same goes for the other characters like how Setsuna has Marle's Provoke as well as stronger healing and resurrection spells, how Aeterna has the frog drop HP based skill Frog learns, and the very first dual tech is X-Strike performed by Chrono and Aeterna, or how Fides skill are dark based like Magus, and like Magus he is a "rival" character that get's recruited at the very end (but not optionally like Magus)
The game screams "Chrono Trigger" in everything, and yet at the same time it tries to be a completely different thing but in the end lacks any originality. I'll avoid big spoilers but let's talk about the story a bit: There is a cycle in the game world where monsters suddenly increase in numbers over a period of time, and every time this happens a girl is chosen as a sacrifice to put an end to this. This girl, together with her bodyguards, must travel to the ruins of an ancient and advanced civilization that was the origin of this evil force. Again, it's impossible to not compare this to another Square game, FFX, because even if you ignore this small summary, you can't ignore how another party member, Nidr, is basically a fusion of Auron and Jecht: he is Setsuna's father, was the bodyguard of the previous sacrifice, and has regrets over his failure

cont.

>2008
>no MGS4
>2010
>no MGSPW
Whoever made this list is retarded.

I could also talk about how Kir's character is "very inspired" by Vivi (a not human black mage with shortened lifespan that wants to find both a way for his species to live longer and leave a mark in the world before dying) but I would like to move to the graphics, music and gameplay
seems weird why am I lumping these 3 things togeter, but follow me for a minute: the game starts into a "tutorial" area the player won't revisit until the endgame, which looks like a snowy forest. This forest is so non descriptive and the design so bland that at first I didn't distinguish it from the first "real" dungeon, mostly because it's also a snowy forest with almost the same map and enemies until the end where it goes for a bit longer. This already leaves a bad taste in my mouth as it reminds me of the crappy Idea Factory games where entire dungeons are reused multiple times both in the same games and in sequels. In Setsuna this problem happens for the entire game, unfortunately, because every town looks the same (the only difference is the layout), every cave looks the same, every ancient ruin looks the same excluding the palette. I will excuse this problem, despite disliking it, because it's obvious this is a budget problem, the lack of it will also have an impact on the soundtrack and the gameplay
There is not much to say about the music youtube.com/watch?v=t1twk4ocKDo

This is the soundtrack of the game. A single instrument, a piano, with nothing else. It seems the developers wanted the soundtrack to have an air of sadness and bleakness according to interviews, and I get this, but the entire soundtrack is like this. It's not solemn, it's just the same few depressing notes repeated for 2 minutes, and just like the graphics most areas have the same songs or very similar songs. Ironically the composer really hit the mark because the soundtrack sounds so depressing it feels something you play at someone's funeral

cont. again

no its not, the game is shit and it was arguably better in 1.0 than it is now in its current soulless wow clone form

The gameplay however is the truly worst part about the game. I already talked about the game is obviously inspired by Chrono Trigger, and indeed the moves that were ripped straight from that game work the same wy (like Cyclone hits the enemies in a circle near the target) but in the end they wanted to add something different to not copy it completely, and this difference is, an extra effect the player can add to every normal attack or skill by consuming a special "bar" each character has in battle. An example, you have one full bar, you attack, before the animation connects you press the Square/X button on the controller, one bar is spent and the attack hits twice, or if the skill provides a status buff consuming a bar makes the buff lasts longer. This is a neat feature albeit not very interesting, the problem is how this bar is charged: you charge it by doing nothing in battle. The game does say the bar charges slightly each time you take or cause damage but the increment is so small I never noticed it, on the other hand the bar auto charges when a character ATB is filled and you don't select a command. You can pre-charge 3 full uses to use anytime you want but this only serves to prolong the battles for no reason at all. and no, levelling won't really help you as the game gets pretty challenging in the end game so you can't really ignore this feature
but the worst part are the skills, because you see, characters don't learn any skills. Every skill is linked to an item called Sprintnite (which I'm convinced is a typo of Spiritnite they never fixed and ran with it) you equip on your characters. Want to use Cyclone? You must equip the cyclone sprintnite. You want protection against poison? you must equip a poison-resistant sprintnite. Same goes for dual and triple techs: each character must equip a specific set of sprintnites to use them.Oh, but the worst is yet to come, we have to talk about the way you obtain sprintnites,the real worst part of the game

What about a sequel to the quietman Squeenix? I'm sure that'll be popular.

Here's the thing: I am Setsuna had poor budget, so obviously the game is not very long, but the devs found a way to artificially prolong the game with one simple thing:

Each monster in the game has 10 different drops depending on how it's killed

They have a normal drop which they always drop upon death, a rare drop they randomly drop, a fire/ice/light/dark drop they drop if they die by a skill of a certain element, a status effect drop if they die while under a negative status, an "Exact Kill" drop that happens if they are killed by no more than 10 hp of damage from what they currently have, and an overkill drop whihc happens if you cause excessive damage with the final hit (luckyly they drop multiple items if, for example killed by both fire and ice damage). Maybe I forgot one but you all get the point. Now, what if I tell you this is how you get Sprintnites? Well, some are rarely found in treasure chests, but the others must be obtained by selling monster materials to merchants, which in turn let's you buy certain sprintnites (basically crafting with an extra unnecessary layer). And unfortunately every sprintnite requires different materials, and you have no way of knowing which monster drops it and in which way until you get it for the first time. Oh, and this also goes for bosses, they also drop materials in multiple ways (which is why you can refight bosses in certain special areas). You don't know true suffering, however, until you try the "fluxations", which are passive effects applied to sprntnites (like it makes an attack skill consume less MP). Here's the thing: fluxations are completely random. Everytime you power a skill by consuming the bar I talked above there is a random chance a random passive taken from a pool based on which accessory the character has equipped will randomly be permamently applied to that sprintnite. Let me tl:dr: character skill progression is completely luck based

youtube.com/watch?v=aO5A0QNiuJs

youtube.com/watch?v=kzgMB6jA35s

I will post this every time.

Hideous Baba strikes again!

And this is the moment I started to truly despise this game. I can excuse the graphics being bad, the music being monotone, the gameplay being boring, but this is worse that the worst IF shovelware. This goes into korean mmo grinding, and you have to do this for every single character. This was so bad that when I got the final character I never used him because I couldn't be arsed to repeat this for the seventh time. and, worse of all....

It's completely fucking pointless

You see, the dev knew this system was complete crap, so they added a shortcut. This shortcut being the first 3 party members you have are the strongest party you can use in the game, and would you look at that, the sprintnites necessary to use their triple tech are all obtained by story progression. So to finish the game you only need to suffer from the RNG passives 3 times just to power these 3 specific sprintnites. The sidequest unfortunately force you to at least use 2 other characters, so in the end you can't truly avoid this grinding if you go for 100% (and unfortunately levelling is not enough to power through). Actually, returning to the previous point on how it's pointless, every party combination is alwasy reduced to simply spamming the triple tech every battle. that's it, that's the trick to win every encounter. There is even a passive that lets a character use a triple tech even if the other characters don't have the ATB gauge full. that's the game, that's every battle, the only real problem is obtaining the correct sprintnites
By the way, there are not enough skills slots to equip every sprintnite a character has (16 for each character but only 8 slots + 4 more from the accessory) so you always have to check in the database to see which sprintnites to equip to use a certain triple tech
Did I tell you the game doesn't have inns and the only way to heal is items?

I played this game 100% and I promised I will never by another Tokyo RPG Factory game and you shouldn't either

Its a list of their PC releases, that poster is the retarded one.

>lvling up a char just to play this and never touch it again
fucking taro making everything cannon

Level 80

I'm excited for her haircut if nothing else, I hate long hair in MMOs since it clips so bad.

>I played this game 100% and I promised I will never by another Tokyo RPG Factory game and you shouldn't either
Funny you say that, they released Lost Sphear last year with basically no one noticing since it wasn't advertised at all, it also got highly mixed reviews, and is basically I Am Setsuna 2.0 except with less piano and more color.