What small things can games do to turn an otherwise shitty game into a good one for you?

What small things can games do to turn an otherwise shitty game into a good one for you?
>infinite inventory

Attached: 1516598590431.jpg (500x375, 62K)

high framerate, good options menu

Kick button

Attached: DoomBase.png (370x480, 431K)

Bestiary

Tools or powers that you can fuck around with. Like a grappling hook, or mind control

>That guy
Good music

>playable female character
>ice powers or anything with freeze/paralysis stat inflict

>Can fuck around with the physics

FLAMMEN
WERFER

Attached: DRG_014 Burn_Them.jpg (1840x1035, 403K)

>*saves BOTW*

Solid world building. I want to be interested in the character's lives off screen.

Attached: 1543137905507.gif (320x243, 549K)

Amazing music.

I'm playing ESO right now and I'm surprised I'm not just skipping all the quest dialogue. I'm actually getting interested in the characters.

Is it the 100% voice acting?

It unironically deserves a 97 for that aspect alone. Nothing more fun in an adventure game than experiments on enemies.

My gf does nothing but play Skyrim over and over and she has nearly 5000 hours of play time in the game. I’m thinking about buying ESO for her birthday, but is it worth getting? I’ve heard the game is shit before.

This.
I couldn't give two shits to the entire party of FFXII, but man Ivalice feels like a fun rollercoaster of a world to live in, hunting, cataloguing and fixing stuff all over the place.

level editor

Attached: 1520750599113.png (661x720, 491K)

I'm actually having fun. I do recommend the $15 ESjew+ for the crafting bag. Inventory management becomes a pain otherwise.
But she can really play ESO like a single-player game that other people exist in if she wants.
Also it's all scaled for a long time, so she can go fight whatever the fuck she wants and still do alright.
I do like it, but I'll see long-term.

Good music can save bad levels

Attached: sad.jpg (355x355, 50K)

FF Tactics A2's Ivalice was a built world. So much to find.

Attached: Demobath.png (600x800, 461K)

fully modeled and detailed panties

Attached: 2d31fbb0.jpg (1866x1200, 518K)

platforming physics that work normally but are so broken if you know how to break them, think SM64

Attached: YAHOO.png (205x224, 73K)

A job system.
Otherwise shitty turn based RPGs become fun by simply giving the player the ability to decide what skills they'll get later, bonus points for being able to select a sub-job that gives sub skills.

That's what i like about Matsuno's team: they can create the edgiest, war-ridden shithole imaginable and still make it comfy to live in somehow.

trans flag

anime and titties

Attached: enkjewnfew.jpg (625x467, 138K)

Weapons/Armor skins on characters in RPGs. (armor/weapons changing on the actual character)
Earning Costumes for characters games through side questing.
Good Pixel Art (32 bit shit)

The only reason Sonic Adventure is still fun

This but unironically

Attached: 1002011020147.jpg (1280x984, 398K)

>FFXII
My nigga, this game always did one thing for me; fucking big organic cities with more than 2 families living in them

Cool boss designs, great art direction. Pretty much anything that says "we care a lot about how our game is presented"

Good fan content

Good sound effects can improve the feel of combat 10 times more

Fun glitches

Co-op in single player oriented games

If you sweep me with that shit one more goddamn time ill shove my sawnoff up your ass, man.

>read that as "fucking big organic titties"

Proper subtitles. I can get autistic for good subtitles and closed captions.

Attached: 1543360382021.png (447x665, 452K)

Pretty much the main reason I was disappointed with New Leaf.

IT WERFS DAS FLAMEN!

bump

Being able to do mundane, normal everyday stuff in an other wise fantastical game. Bonus points if its something toned down and wholesome in an otherwise really bloody or violent game.
Triple points if it really doesn't have any effect on the game play or anything, but you just do it to do it.
NMH is by no means a shitty game, its one of my favorites; but being able to just chill out in Travis' apartment, buy clothes, drive around town, watch video tapes, and just play and take care of Jeane in between all the blood and killing just really added another level to the game.

Attached: tumblr_om4qbgJNUl1qjztgpo1_400.gif (400x260, 1.97M)