2019 and still no trackball controllers

>2019 and still no trackball controllers
We live in a bizarro reality where everything is shit.

Attached: 1540280941913.jpg (2848x2134, 599K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20110428112517/http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~dnatapov/Thesis.pdf
youtube.com/channel/UCVaqRyJHThDUCeBjZbEeoeg/videos
youtu.be/d5zAihEF_9o?t=7724
youtube.com/channel/UCTKWlp5ndW59BUGANtV-DDA/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=mNjFWLIQcP0
youtube.com/watch?v=hVzEqnvb3V0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Except trackball controllers were given a shot in the early 2000's, companies realized no one wanted them because they were shit.

>no one wanted them because they were shit
No they didn't and the only time trackball controllers were used was before they had any application because games were 2d. 3d games have necessitated the need for better camera control. Analog sticks are insufficient for controlling camera movement. Trackballs are superior.

>No they didn't and the only time trackball controllers were used was before they had any application because games were 2d
Hello zoomer, trackball controllers were a thing in 2003, they were being pushed on PC and had compatibility with Quake and Unreal Tournament, people did not adopt the idea and left it to rot.

I think you're talking about a trackball mouse. And yes they were adopted by the PC gaming community but the mouse is superior. I don't dispute this fact. Mouse is superior to trackball mouse. But trackball controller is superior in gamepad form factor.

>on PC
Why would you use anything other tham kb+m for PC shooters?
It's the consoles where they would make a difference. Just like gyro controls.

holy crap louis, it's sans undertales

Shooters aren't the only type of games that use camera controls. A lot of 3rd person games are more comfy to play with a controller but analog sticks suck dick. Also consider a game like GTA where it's better to drive with a gamepad but shoot with a mouse. Trackball controller would be perfect for this.

Trackball controllers are superior.
Here's a master thesis to prove it,
web.archive.org/web/20110428112517/http://www.cse.yorku.ca/~dnatapov/Thesis.pdf

>Mouse is superior to trackball mouse.
Bullshit, except for a couple of applications trackballs bends the mouse over and fucks it right in its tight lazer-hole.

Steam Controller exists, user.

>>>>PC
literally illiterate

I have one. It's the worst controller I have ever used bar none. I'd rather use a 3rd party NES gamepad than it.
I'd agree with you in some lines of reasoning but the fact of the matter is mouse was adopted because it's easier for the vast majority to acclimate to it compared to trackball mouse.

>mouse and keyboard are superior
FTFY

Not in games where you drive + shoot.
Not in games like Dark Souls.
Not in any game where camera control is secondary to movement.

>some other dimensional plane of existence is enjoying the "other" steam controller prototype while we're eating their scraps with an inferior trackpad
just lol

Attached: 1554187574538.jpg (1020x687, 143K)

in dark souls kb+m sucks only because it's crappy console port

>3d games have necessitated the need for better camera control
what is a mouse

No it's because mouse isn't required to play the game at a top level and controllers are more comfy.
Yes but then there are in between instances where you'd benefit from superior camera control but benefit even more from using a controller. Why not both? Trackball controller. Mouse doesn't satisfy this role. What if I want to sit on my couch with a gamepad and play keyboard+mouse games? Trackball controller would be vastly superior. Sorry no Steam Controller fucking sucks ass and is in no way a suitable replacement for a trackball.

Did you know that in competitive Trackmania, some players use keyboard even at the highest level?

Attached: trackmania 1.webm (960x540, 2.77M)

>comfy
using analog is more comfy then twirling around big ball of trackpad; no argument

Did you know that WASD only provides 4 directions of movement no matter how hard some asspie tries?

Getting your assraped by a mouse is in no way comfy while using an analog stick. It's possible to become equally skilled as a mouse user with a trackball. That will never ever happen with an analog stick. You will only be good against shitty mouse users. A top tier analog stick user will never compete with a top tier mouse user. A top tier trackball user will be competitive with a top tier mouse user.

I came into this thread to laugh at you.

name one pro FPS player that uses trackball
oh wait they don't exists because the jews

They achieve less than full turns by tapping their steering keys in different frequencies. And yet, these players compete for top positions on an equal footing with pad players. Being a pad player myself I don't understand it, but there it is.

Given that trackballs are incredibly obscure it's amazing that you can indeed find a history of competitive FPS players using them. The Quake 3 player and modder Own-Age is a lifelong trackball Quaker. The yter "MetalSlug" has hundreds, possibly thousands of vids stomping everyone in FPS games. As seen here,
youtube.com/channel/UCVaqRyJHThDUCeBjZbEeoeg/videos

There's also a pro LoL player named Kerp who uses a trackball. Given the obscurity of the devices relative to mouse I find it impressive the fact you can indeed find players reaching mouse parity with trackball and at a top level.

Who are the top 10 players in trackmania and how many of them use keyboard? And where is the proof?

i said fps pro, not assfaggots or some guy stomping casuals in call a duddy 185

youtu.be/d5zAihEF_9o?t=7724

Here's a still from last year's offline finals in France. I do not have data on the preferences of all players, I only know these keyboard people exist.

I've also been made aware there's a top level uk Overwatch pro player named Zerggy who uses trackball.
youtube.com/channel/UCTKWlp5ndW59BUGANtV-DDA/videos

I posted own-age
youtube.com/watch?v=mNjFWLIQcP0

Also 99% of mouse users could not do what that guy did.

Also see

>overwatch
you're not helping your case

sage

That's really...interesting...but the fact of the matter is keyboard is inferior to stick, literally. They're competitive in spite of a handicap.

It's not my case dipshit. I don't even care about competitive FPS games on PC. You're the one who insists on making an issue of this. Makes no difference to me whatsoever.

dilate

You sound like a retard btw

Attached: 1540931670666.jpg (1000x750, 72K)

I did know that myself, it was common back in the days. Trackmania United Forever was fucking awesome.

Attached: 1534194121454.jpg (600x800, 70K)

Mouse carries the entire thing, keyboard is shit. If more games supported mouse and controller keyboard would be obsoleted for gaming now.

Use Steam Controller, it's awesome.

In terms of purely mechanical aiming skill overwatch is no different from other shooters.

I'd literally rather use a finely tuned analog stick than a trackpad.
youtube.com/watch?v=hVzEqnvb3V0

t

y

It has gyro too. Trackpad + Gyro is awesome.

The gyro on it sucks dick and suffers from drift. Also using an entire gamepad with two hands to aim gyro is the least intuitive thing ever invented. No thanks it's not awesome.