Why are there so few horror games that are set entirely in a hospital where you have to explore the different...

Why are there so few horror games that are set entirely in a hospital where you have to explore the different departments?

Attached: 2F38FB1D-D499-49C7-8476-49062AC0E981.jpg (640x353, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/798065/c91e023f03/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hospital aren't scary

Hey, that's a pretty kickass idea. I'm gonna steal it now, thanks!

Yes they are

Most hospitals look very similar floor to floor and they are mostly just rooms connected by a few main hallways. Its a boring setting as far as map-making goes. You can do creepy shit with hospitals but forcing someone to be in one for 3+ hours would just get people tired of blinking fluorescent lights and squeaky swinging doors.

Attached: 1530993170101.gif (400x225, 2.98M)

What’s wrong with him?

whats so scary about a hospital, it's just hallways and offices and medical rooms

Operating rooms, it’s where people die usually, and the morgue.

Hospitals are pretty interesting from an architectural stand point; generally they start small, and then new departments are annexed on it as they are needed, so as a result they have a tendency to devolve in to labyrinthian messes.

Which fits nicely for a horror game.

That was a good portion of alien isolation, but in space, naturally.

This reminds me, a few months back I was doing a delivery job and I had to go to this hospital for one of my runs. I live in one of the older cities in the US so this hospital looks like it was built in the early 1900s at least.
When I walked inside it The interior design was eerily reminiscent of alien isolation.
I even got spooked because outside the 1st floor there were almost no signs of life.
(like I said the hospital's really old and they built a new one a few blocks away from it, but it's still operational)
Then once I got out the elevator I heard a loud BEEP, but not like a normal elevator beep, like a "you just entered area 51's most secure floor" beep, and then a voice announced "ELEVENTH FLOOR".
It was all really surreal, but I got lost for a bit before I found the doctor I had to deliver the sandwiches too.

>Wake up in a hospital bed
>Pressing the button for help does nothing
>You scream in helpless frustration unanswered
>Finally drag yourself out of the bed
>Your body in agony
>Halfway down the hall you turn the corner
>Your eyes meet
>Your brain starts screaming at your body to move

Attached: gifauthor.webm (330x380, 155K)

>objective: unzip dick

Not just the hospital, but also what resides in it. Can be some pretty horrific body horror like (poor guy).

Wasn't there concept art about guys in suits with their heads in plant pots in a hospital?

Those fps games for the DS were set in a mental hospital. They were really impressive for the console, even ran at 60fps. I think they were called Dementia or something.

I dunno but it sounds pretty weird and out there so it could work.

Not if I steal it first.

>objective: run towards those tits with your dick out
Now that I'm in the mood, here's a gift:
exhentai.org/g/798065/c91e023f03/

>Your brain starts screaming at your body to move
...Move toward her, right?

Dementium 1 and 2. Played them both and thought they were great. I prefer 2 more though. There was a port to Steam for Dementium 2 but something about it just doesn't hold up on PC. It feels great for what it is on the DS and has a really great low poly and texture look. The port upped all the textures but with the same models, looks odd and just doesn't have the same charm overall. It felt like some shitty unity game made by 1 dude in a week.