PlayStation Xbox next gen

PS5 over 12tf
Xbox premium over 11tf

PS5 blowing us away. Seems way more advanced than Xbox even the upper end model. Reveal June 3 for PS5.

Attached: EF027B17-64CA-4599-AFC3-B9191A96443D.jpg (600x450, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-15-stubbornness-over-cross-play-reminds-us-of-bad-old-sony
kotaku.com/sony-execs-slam-on-old-games-misses-the-appeal-of-the-c-1795825367
screenrant.com/playstation-classic-open-source-emulator/
eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-28-playstation-plus-price-hike-announced-for-europe
playstationlifestyle.net/2019/04/17/sony-censorship-has-become-more-strict-as-they-crack-down-on-sexual-content/
kotaku.com/devil-may-cry-5-slightly-censored-but-only-on-ps4-1833215707
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>le teraflops meme

NO
APE
ESCAPE

I can't wait to laugh for another whole generation

friend of mine works at a uk studio and he claims to have received a golazo (?) devkit which is supposed to be the next xbox and it's apparently 16 TF. something like 180 ghz (?).

brainlet so i dunno how to understand any of this stuff

June 3rd. Mark the date.

I can't wait for another gen of cinematic experiences

Nope. Xbox is going to be smaller and less powerful than PS5. I’m a dev.

will it be decently cheaper like 100$ less?

They don’t give us price details mayne

he told me there's 2 modules (?) and one is like 10 tf and the other is 16tf (?)

what kind of performance are we looking at here?

>censored games
>no games
Just buy a PC and a switch

Attached: 1557421835356.png (270x360, 66K)

Sure thing snoyim

The numbers he gave you are wrong brah.

Is not like people like in the internet. Right?

Why would they tell the reveal date to a Developer ?

Oh yeah, i'm on Yea Forums, this is another """Leak""""

he works for a microsoft subsidiary though (i think anyway i think they have a developer in uk?)

he said they don't have the hardware because it's not manufactured yet but they had targets of these modules which will be ready i think in a few months for actual developer consoles. 10 and 16 is all i know desu.

Do you have any specs? An actual leaker will have specs.

You mean 1.80 ghz? That means 4096 cores at around 1.85-9 ghz if that 16 tflop number is true.

>this brainlet math

No it would mean 4096 @ 2GHZ and unless Navi is some monster which can suddenly hit 2GHZ after all the rumours were saying its shit then it ain't happening buddy.

very subtle, sony shill. every report is saying the premium xbox is more powerful than the ps5.

>seems way more advanced!

you are so subtle! considering we know nothing about the features in the next xbox.

Every actual insider already confirmed the Xbox Anaconda is stronger than the PS5.

arnt there 2 xbox consoles

You got it the other way around, insiders are stating that the Xbox Anaconda is far stronger and more advanced at the same price.

June 3rd

>laugh at no games
>and a switch
What he mean by this?

My dad works at Nintendo and he told me that Bowser told him that I should tell you guys that they will come with optical drive

>Sony Cuck shills coming out of the woodwork

Attached: 1478793347836.png (1920x1080, 366K)

gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-02-15-stubbornness-over-cross-play-reminds-us-of-bad-old-sony

kotaku.com/sony-execs-slam-on-old-games-misses-the-appeal-of-the-c-1795825367

screenrant.com/playstation-classic-open-source-emulator/

eurogamer.net/articles/2017-07-28-playstation-plus-price-hike-announced-for-europe

playstationlifestyle.net/2019/04/17/sony-censorship-has-become-more-strict-as-they-crack-down-on-sexual-content/

kotaku.com/devil-may-cry-5-slightly-censored-but-only-on-ps4-1833215707

#4theplayers

Attached: 1547150968070.png (708x852, 900K)

The day that snoyniggers Will be BTFO

So will it be smart to buy a PS5 on release?
I mean, there are still like 3 or 5 games I wanna play on PS4, never bought one, and the only thing that is going to keep me entertained for years is Tekken 7, and I don't know if Bamco is going to port it to PS5, but no tekken game has ever been cross-gen, with the technical exception of Tekken Tag 2 for the Wii U and Tekken 3D Prime Edition, a port of Tekken 6 with extra content for the 3DS, however, no Tekken game ever had paid DLC until Tekken 7, so this could very well be an exception.

If I buy a PS4, it'd be that Horizon, GoW and SotC bundle

Attached: stuff.jpg (550x449, 36K)

OBSESSED

That's too many games for a minor surgery like a vasectomy.

I will eat my own ass if PS5 has greater TF than premium NextBox. Microsoft is the one that has really been pushing the 'teraflops narrative' this gen.

>supporting a cancerous company who actively wants to kill gaming

neck yourself

Attached: 1555993958257.gif (640x361, 1.86M)

Work at studio...in the US. OP is technically correct. We have had ps5 devkit for three weeks and scarlett dev kit for one week.

Right now, ps5 has more tf than anaconda. From our limited testing, anaconda will will actually push better visuals though. Anaconda has a pretty advanced (maybe not advanced I'm not a chip nerd) custom version of navi. Basically, MS did a lot of custom work on navi that helps push better visuals than ps5. OP nailed the tf number but it was either a lucky guess or he is lying because ps5 devkit isn't more powerful or advanced than Anaconda.

This

Name one generation Sony had the upper hand in hardware specs.

Thing is PC isnt exactly portable and zelda, smash and mario games are very popular and none of them are on PC in legal way.

How mamy games will ps5 have? 5?

Attached: pc has no games.jpg (3928x3465, 3.96M)

get ps5 it's confirmed BC with ps4 games

Attached: 1555443987956.jpg (1080x1350, 206K)

reminder to never support the cancer that is sony

Attached: 1546340526280.png (1242x1185, 791K)

Here is another piece of info. We actually have a team of five engineers directly from MS helping us get up and running with the anaconda devkit. They are providing lots of support. Sony has been great at support to but it's remote support. MS actually sent a team. I've talked to a few friends at different studios who have told me they have a MS team there too or scheduled to come in the near future.

Also, don't believe any MS e3 rumors. I've been trying for weeks to get details from others in the industry and they have their conference locked down tight. No one is saying a damn thing.

what specs?

I don't have physical access to the devkits. I'm but a lowly environment artist working on a non-nextgen project. What I said earlier was what I have heard from the team who working on our nextgen projects. I'll try to get some specs though. Anything specific you want? Pretty sure I won't get all of them though. Literally everyone in studio have had to sign multiple NDAs for sony and ms.

Attached: fry_ps5.jpg (400x400, 98K)

does the ps5 controller actually have a screen?

core counts and clocks

Attached: 1465913721818.png (300x188, 11K)

>Does it look as promised by Sony

Attached: PS3.jpg (1920x1021, 104K)

PS4 before the XboneX came along

Sony always uses the tech gimmick factor since ps1,meaning they are not usually the most powerfull but they have that trick that pushes graphics further in exclusives

They're pretty much the same AMD SoC

Attached: tVXGV6T.png (512x288, 84K)

>still using teraflops
>not giving out the actual specs of the system
every
fucking
time
I'm sick of normalfags saying "yo dood PS4 has more teraflops than Xbone!"
nigga you don't even know what the fuck a teraflop is

Pretty sure I can get ram but i'll try for this too. Don't expect anything though. I'm sure the thread will get archived/pruned before I hear anything.

The controller we have is basically the ds4. I've seen it but not used it. Same thing with scarlett controller. Basically, just a normal x1 controller.

They directly compare AMD TFs to Nvidia TFs too and so some of them are expecting a 500$ console to match the 2080ti

>the ending to TLOU is very much inspired by my personal polititcs
>white man shooting up a hospital to kidnap a little girl to keep as his daughter
what did he mean by this

Attached: 1556854740927.jpg (1269x2048, 244K)

>Every insider says the next Xbox is more powerful as they've got the surface team behind them
>One guy on transetera says it's bullshit
>Snoyggers believe him
MS whole plan is to have two SKUs, one high end premium console they can justify by being the most powerful, and a lesser box that's aimed at 1080p still with a focus on Xcloud for 4k if you wanted it.

Attached: 1510680589123.jpg (1280x853, 126K)

Alright Sonybros, Nintendofag here. The PS4 right now has enough games that interest me and I want to get one, however, I understand that the PS5 is just around the corner. Anyway, do you guys think I should buy a PS4 now or wait til the PS5?

Thanks a lot by the way.

PS4 is cheaper, why pay more money to play the exact same games through back compat that might not even potentially be good?

>June 3rd
If anything, MS will reveal the NextBox this E3. Snoy will wait until their conference thing in November or December.

Snoybois expect that the censorstation 5 will be better than a 2080 ti, after all they're saying that the censorstation 5 will be capable of raytracing and 4k60 fps

PS5 reveal will be early 2020 with a release in fall 2020. Unrealistic to think otherwise.

It won't have backwards compatibility with PS3, but will with PSOne, PS2, PS4, and of course PS5.

literally no reason to get a switch if you go PC, it'll have perfect switch emulation by 2022.

>Waiting 3 years
Are pcfags all zen masters?

NOOOoooOooo

GREEN MACHINE RISE UP!

THE REIGN OF BLUE TERROR MUST BE STOPPED!!

All of the "most worthwhile" titles are already playable on yuzu (note, not perfect, but playable), perfect emulation by 2022 is a pretty slim price to pay. They'll probably focus on making blockbuster releases playable faster than working on general optimization.
See:CEMU. For better or worse they lost pretty much all their financial support when they made botw playable.

FOUR HUNDRED AND NINETY-NINE US DOLLARS

They already confirmed PS4 only.

My turd is stronger than their turd

I could understand not having ps3/ps2 because of ps now, but there's no way they wouldn't have ps1 support. emulation for it is possible on the toastiest toasters.

Attached: source-s-dude-trust-me-3961347.png (500x488, 16K)

This is an interesting comment. Right now both devkits support ray tracing. Obvious performance hit though. From what I've heard, it's not something ms is really pushing but sony is wanting devs to include it. MS is actually wanting more focus to be placed on 4k 60fps or 30fps if necessary.

Fuck trannies.
Fuck Snoy.

Wait for the elite editions of them to come out, that way they might have a game or two.

>PS4 only
They're saving the b/c wild card for later on.

>dude just don't play games
>we know you're on a forum dedicated to game enthusiasts but it's only 4 years bro just don't play any
pc gamers will do anything to wait for an inferior experience

How much worse will dev times get with the graphical demands of these systems? Naughty Dog only did half the output of last gen.

What actual game enthusiast can't wait 4 years to play a children game like Zelda.
>Even if you own every console and game, I will still be able to play more games for my PC.

>Flops
Remember those gigabytes too.

Attached: chart2.png (1027x678, 43K)

>can play more games
>they're all shit
>or poorly emulated and an inferior experience
but hey at least it's free apart from the $2000 PC you played it on.

Every game that comes to console comes to PC one way or another and emulation isn't perfect but I think a few poorly emulated apples don't sour the whole games library and console for free.
>Console fairy thinks a normal gaming PC costs 2000$
My PC is in the top 98% of PCs on 3D Mark (the whole normal world) and It was like 1500$ a decent gaming PC is like 500-800$ and it's completely worth it no matter what "your guy" says.

LOL

The whole thing is emulated poorly, enjoy your input lag.
>m-muh runahead muhfugga
barely even works for the 3 platforms it supports
>1500$ a decent gaming PC
>cost of a used car gets you a "decent" PC
that's pathetic. Too bad all you have is fucking nothing to play on it. Face it, you built a $1500 shitposting machine. Can't even play Sega Saturn on it.

PS5=Navi
NextBox=Vega

I honestly have no idea. I wasn't working in the industry at the ps3/360 to ps4/x1 transition but from everything I have heard, the transition from this gen to next gen is going to be relatively smooth. As I said earlier, I'm not on the team working on our next gen project so I don't really have any info on timelines. My expectations are that project times will have the possibility to become longer if the studio decides to be more ambitious. That kind of goes for every gen though. I have seen some sample projects showing target environments for the ps5 and they look amazing. Next gen is going to have more of a "wow" factor than the ps3/360 to ps4/x1.

damn is the new xbox really called anaconda? i dont keep up to date on videogame shit

Currently a technical artist at 3rd party studio that has just finally received both kits. OP is not lying. PS5 has near final silicon in the towers. The low speed version previously lacked the newest PCI-E buses to enable the fastest possible reading for the SSD. Xbox Two? is still using Zen 1 and Vega 64 locked to 1400mhz.

So far PS5 is smoking the Xbox alpha kits, but maybe the next version of Xbox kits will fare better. Though my dev friend told me that docs said the dev kits should be close to the final power envelope.

>have xbox
>have 200 games
have games
>have steam library
>600 games
>have other launchers like 150 more games
No games?
Guess which was cheaper too.
Why should I care about Saturn games when the already came out on PC in the 90s?
>Hate to break it to you
You fell for the propaganda machine.

Attached: Chimp chimp.jpg (1000x868, 126K)

>Resetera
Go back

Probably just a codename

>panzer dragoon pc
>he doesn't know he needs a $1600 video card to even run the pc version as well as the saturn version
>even then it's inferior
You swallowed that mustard propaganda pretty bad, huh? PC gaming is a phase, I grew out of it long ago. 600 games huh? Probably only ever played 14 of em.

Any news on the Xbox Lockhart?

Codename

Lol, this is false.

700 grafics cards dont have that many tf.
And ironically a GTX 970 gpu which is less Tflops than a ps4pro and xboneX outperforms them in many cases being able to run games at 60 fps those consoles struggle get past 30.

Ps5 will be as strong as a 700$ gaming PC on the day of its release (Thats a entire PC not just the price of a GPU.)
So expect its GPU to be around a 300$ one.
And thats only assuming the console costs 500$.
If its 400$ expect its hardware to be even worse.

Attached: 1557106864123.jpg (320x320, 10K)

It has everything the Anaconda has but it will be weaker than it and the PS5 but cost less than the PS5 and Anaconda.

No buddy gaming is a phase that you grow out of then I'll just use my computer to type word docs, seems like a better investment then a weak ass console.
>1600$ GPU
You never we a PC gamer were you?
>inb4 muh moms laptop
even so you can't speak on an entire medium based on anecdotal experience. 1080ti was 700$ in 2017 and it's still gonna be stronger than the next gen consoles.
>I play most of the shit I buy because I am an adult who doesn't waste money when I could waste it on something I'll use
>cope harder poor fag if you can only afford 1500$ for a car then you should be pirating games and not getting nicked and dimed on consoles. PCs pay for themselves with software savings and sales

I just want some good fucking games, that's all I care about. Where's the fucking Death Stranding / MGS HD Collection release date?

>You never we a PC gamer were you?
You don't know anything about the Nvidia Nv1 do you? Really showing how new you are.
>it's still gonna be stronger than the next gen consoles.
Carmack said it himself best, single spec, tailored optimization usually yields 2-2.5x performance out of hardware compared to equivalents on PC. As expected from a nodev, he knows no better.
>quoting himself
newer than I thought. Lurk for 8 years.

that's well known that the big model of the Xbox is way above the PS5 though. Smaller model is barely under it.

Thank god for pc because I really just fucking hate every console
What even was the last good console? Xbox? PS2?

1 have sex weeb, 2 who gives a fuck about 1995 tech to play 1995 games I have 2019 tech to play 1995 games.
Carmack is an idiot lol hows Oculus doing?
What are you gonna do when the console despite being 40% Weaker than my 1080ti and 8700k, does not output 2x the framerate or graphical fidelity as my PC despite "being made for gaming.
All the NV1 proves is SEGA is a bunch of greedy fucks, what else you got for me console peasant?

Attached: 1555293348205.jpg (1304x2468, 1.27M)

>I have 2019 tech to play 1995 games.
you literally don't, the game will only run in software mode and cap at 15fps. Enjoy your sub-console performance.
>What are you gonna do
not care because I'm not a sexless virgin like you
>what else you got for me console peasant?
more games than you do

Attached: pc gaming.jpg (2160x1440, 533K)

>ooga boogah I fall for the industry's lies

Attached: Weebs really think PC don't have thier garbage too.jpg (2160x1617, 737K)

>all he has is inferior versions of old shit
PC gamers truly are sad. Can't even own games any more since they gave that right up.

Attached: fo76.jpg (2016x1512, 517K)

Nioh and Bayonetta also

Now try playing Fallout 76 on consoles without online