Haven't played any of these games...

Haven't played any of these games. How good are the side quests on a scale of Xenoblade Chronicles to Fallout: New Vegas?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qebpWbBhrz8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I enjoyed them. They're pretty much a visual novel tier with some animations and "wacky" japanese humor. I chuckled quite a few times and laughed like once or twice.

this

I was talking about Y0 btw, I've just finished Kiwami 1 and side quests there were utter trash

They're in a league of their own in 0.

Every single side quest is a treat.

I never LOLed while playing video games
Jokes in vidya never made me laugh

Have you ever laughed while reading a book?

Kiwami 1 is the shortest game that's missing 70% of the shit that's in Y0. I put 70 hours into Kiwami (which is a lot), i put 379 hours into Y0. most of that was doing the side content. Starting with Kiwami may give you an odd impression of the series.

Yakuza games are like reading a book, but without good writing

As a game about Yakuza does this game actually deal with subjects like drugs, weapon trade or prostituition? Or is it really tame in its approach to the subject.

It's mostly all Yakuza politics, which is more interesting than it sounds

A mixed bag.

On the one hand, criminal operations and intricate Yakuza politics are a major part of the story.

On the other hand, the MC never kills anyone directly in the entire series.

they cover a wide range, a good number tend to be pretty humorous and a lot of them also involve the main character helping someone with them learning some kind of lesson in the end. The ones involving sex maniacs and cults are always the funniest.

Kiwami 1's side quests are trash because they're just pulled from the original game. 0's are far better.

They're quite heartwarming, especially the UFO catcher quest

Attached: 1553755473714.png (700x995, 341K)

Kiryu literally grabs a guy just to sheild himself from bullets.

>he MC never kills anyone directly in the entire series
youtu.be/qebpWbBhrz8

i dont get why people keep saying that about these games. It's more like he doesn't commit pre-meditated murder, but he for sure kills people during combat in these games.

there's also the setting, which is fairly grim, so le wacky substories kind hits an odd note while shit is falling apart around the MC. I saved most of the substories for premium adventure, just because there were very few points in the main story line where I felt I could just take a break. This is very different from Zero and Kiwami 2, where you feel a lot more free to do whatever you want during most parts of the story.

I just finished putting 50 hours into Yakuza 0 and it's massively massively overrated.

The games are made on a low budget (not a good thing, no idea why people say it is) and constantly re-use animations and assets. The minigames are bare minimum and you'd get more value out of a pop-cap game like Peggle.

The combat is ATROCIOUS and repetitive, with a lot of the bosses just being regular mooks with armor on their movesets.

The story is convoluted and pointless. The only interesting characters for me went 180 retard random xdd crazy by the end of it all or fucking died.

It was immersive, though. I really enjoyed the atmosphere / music in the city more than every single other aspect of the game. I couldn't sit and delude myself into acting like putting PNGs of food into a "resturaunt" was immersive for me, though. Was entirely lost on me.

Overall, it was unique forsure but I wouldn't do it again. There's lots of things built to waste your time with minimal effort and weebs will eat that shit up, regurgitate it and eat it again.

Attached: 1468009538910.jpg (600x600, 24K)

Why is kiryu so rude to Komaki here? he wasn't in the ps2 game.

Attached: 20190514144113_1.jpg (1920x1080, 223K)

he slams heads against concrete walls. bull fucking shit he's never killed anyone he kills street thugs daily

Kiwami's substories are taken straight from 1, there's roughly a handful of new ones so you notice the quality difference, but a majority of the ones in 1 are scam substories with the rare good one like The Price of an F Cup. Substories didn't really come into their own until roughly around Kenzan or 3, 4 onward is when they finally start being much better. The same happens in 2 where you have some pretty mundane or mediocre substories with a couple good ones like Be My Baby or the Ring ones and then the new ones are definitely noticeable like Poison and the interview which makes jokes about all the future games.

He doesn't. The main story of 6 confirms this. Even the shootout sections didn't result in anyone dying even though a helicopter exploded and he kicked several Koreans onto a highway going at 90+ MPH.

Attached: YAKUZA 6_ The Song of Life_20180309203717.jpg (1920x1080, 552K)

>one line can handwave hours of cutscenes and gameplay

weebs have NO standards at all in writing, holy fuck.

Attached: 1492622905026.png (498x520, 18K)

You act like anyone here cares about story in video games.

They sure like to act like they do when it fits their narrative and argument

Prostitution is definitely in this game

It deals with nothing at all

The only thing that happens is people punching eachother in the face, there's no drug trade or anything

It's weebshit, japs are pussies irl

they typically explore that type of stuff in the substories.
for example there's substories which cover human trafficking, foreigners kidnapping people, etc.

It's more yakuza politics. Substories go into the human trafficking and prostitution side of things from time to time and there's a character in 4 who is a corrupt cop that deals with illegal immigrants in the country and helps them out with their lives in Japan by funding them or keeping people who want to abuse them away. Shinada for example breaks down a human trafficking ring where they abused the women and forced them into prostitution because they stole their passports and then had the ultimatum that the women would sell their bodies for X amount of money and they would get their papers back but they never did.
Drugs are the only thing they don't really touch upon, I think Hamazaki was dealing drugs but only in a passing mention. Again, it's more a character driven drama about the internal politics and occasionally corruption in the police or government. Black Panther 1 and 2 go into corruption in the government, 4 and 5 have instances of corruption in the police, 3 through 6 are about people constantly betray Daigo and trying to usurp his position via very convoluted plots set decades prior, etc.

pocket circuit is the greatest minigame known to man. mesu king also has some novelty.

Am I the only one that prefers 0 combat over Kiwami 2? There's just way more variety thanks to styles and heat actions look really brutal and are satisfying to do, in Kiwami 2 you just do the same 4 combos over and over, heat actions are lame and sending a guy ragdolling for the 50th time gets old

No. I was one of the people bitching because 6s combat made kiryu lose his signature style from 1-5

Lots of times.

My biggest gripe with kiwami 2's combat is the throws. Throws getting interrupted by colliding into the environment feels bad. There's no impact and the guy just stands up like nothing happened to him.

Styles are alright but they introduce the problem of spreading out your content across multiple styles and leading to having tons of small upgrades that don't really flesh out a style a lot on top of segregating a lot of Heat Actions or only giving you a handful to work with. They basically spread themselves thin, look at how Kiwami just has a handful of upgrades for each style and the overall buffs are passives. Most of 0's and Ishin's buffs are just damage/heath increases with a few additions to your combo or Heat Actions (Though Ishin tends to have a bit more unique Heat Actions). Even Judgment feels like the styles still needs some more upgrades even though they solved the Heat Action issue by making it so they're shared across both styles they just do different animations depending if you're in AoE or 1v1.

I liked the old system but I think if you're going to do styles you stick to how Judgment does it with two of them, or if you're going to go with four you better flesh them out with 15ish unique Heat Actions on top of all the passives and many more combo additions. They're still working on the new system so I have faith in them because Judgment already feels nicer than 6 or K2 did, but they still have to address some issues. Styles do bring variety but at the same time you run into a rut of "Why would I use anything but this style?" eventually. In Ishin it's Pistol, in 0 it's Beast/Breaker, in Kiwami it's DoD, in both Black Panthers it's 極めし者, and in Judgment it looks like it's the red style because it has permanent super armor.

i kind of want them to create a new city with a size similar to kamurocho.
it'd be a refreshing change of pace like 5 was, since you were outside of kamurocho for most of the game.

should i play black panther 1 + 2?

There's no translation patch so you're at the whim of Japanese guides thrown through Google Translate (Actually works alright if you can believe it) and you need to be able to understand things somewhat to traverse the menus. 2 has way more menu fiddling so you need to know what you're doing. I made this guide for 1 if you want to attempt it, it's not a hard game to get into and it can be fun, it only gets annoying if you want to 100% it which I don't recommend anyone does. Gaia should be your absolute limit.
I'm nearly done with 2 and I'll have a guide within the next couple of weeks (Probably will post it in the Judgment threads actually), but with that game there's a lot more in the way of mechanics and things to do so it's a bit more difficult to work with. It's still easy enough to get into and play though, but you have to remember you're going to be playing these games for the gameplay rather than understanding what's going on so just remember that. 2 also has a lot more grinding than in 1 for the styles but 1 has a disgusting amount of grind for money which you need to buff your stats.

Attached: Black-Panther-mini-guide.jpg (10000x4760, 3.91M)