It's the highest grossing franchise of all time!

>it's the highest grossing franchise of all time!
>2 billion at least!
LMAO
Where are all the pokecuck shills now?
Are you enjoying Detective Flopachu?

Attached: 1557835674329.webm (194x210, 2.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=detectivepikachu.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm going to be watching a superior movie: Avengers Endgame

If I wanted to watch a pokemon movie Id watch one of the 20+ animated movies which I occasionally do
This was never meant for people actually interested in pokemon
Like avatar live action movie

BUST EM BUST BUST BUST EM BUST EM BUST BUST BUST EM BUST EM BUST CAN YOU REALLY BUST EM BUST BUST BUST EM BUST EM BUST BUST BUST EM BUST EM BUST CAN YOU REALLY BUST EM BUST BUST BUST EM BUST EM BUST BUST BUST EM AYO PIKACHU BUST EM BUST CAN YOU REALLY BUST EM BUST BUST BUST EM BUST EM BUST BUST BUST EM BUST EM BUST CAN YOU REALLY

I am. I liked it a lot and might see it a second time this week.

fuck off

BASED! Sony+Disney alliance forever!

>what if we made real life pokemon

your mom takes you to the theater that often?

Going to see it this saturday.

Attached: 079Slowpoke_Dream.png (312x295, 13K)

>"heh, it only made hundreds of millions of dollars, what a financial disaster"
I don't give a shit about this movie but pretending TCPI and everyone else involved isn't going home with a fat wallet off of this is just silly.

Attached: 1551549191303.jpg (720x574, 22K)

my webm goes around, huh?

Needed Pokemon strip clubs and human on Pokemon relationships

Attached: 1556932266465.jpg (800x450, 85K)

why is game freak the laziest company?

Incompetence

Attached: EDCF50188A2644279C55139158C9D8E0.png (637x782, 123K)

In all seriousness I'm a little disappointed they chickened out of the food topic.
Nobody eats any solid food for the whole movie

>might see it a second time this week.
What the fuck dude? How can you watch the same movie twice in such a short time? I need to wait atleast a year, maybe 2.

Attached: f19613ba63334382bad7b2cbc2636d28.jpg (770x905, 55K)

Good movie, that ditto tho

I thought it was really fun. Bummed I didnt get to see it at the drive in because of storms but Godzilla will be a better fit for that anyway

You guys still have drive ins? They tore that shit down here long ago and didn't even replace it with anything

giddy up

>This was never meant for people actually interested in pokemon
Explain.

Unfortunately capeshitters on Yea Forums have made it so that if you don't make 3 billion dollars your movie is a flop no matter what.

They look fine to me. Is the problem simply the mere fact that it's live-action and not yet another anime like the 22+ other movies and the 20-year-long anime series?

Attached: das.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

I was like this as well, but then I got roped into seeing Alita: Battle Angel twice in two weeks

I've been to Tristan und Isolde (5 hours including breaks) two times in one week before.
Detective Pikachu was okay. Pretty wholesome movie, better than I expected. Sad to see it fail. I really liked the Loudreds.

Attached: wagner.jpg (638x478, 73K)

The homocidal ditto was incredible. Probably best part of the movie.
As fan service its a solid 10/10
As a piece of cinema its like 5/10,
Acting was awful, plot holes everywhere.
Still enjoyed it, though one thing that bothered the fuck out of me was the reuse of Pokemon, like, they were good with stuff like Machamp directing traffic because of snorlax. But in the studio theres an octillary and slaking just chilling in the back.
What use do they have in the studio? or at least on the floor?
You see it alot in the movie, I just came to realization they had a shit ton of time invested in puppets and cgi models they wanted to use.

Still though, despite that, if I could get a replica or the original puppet for snubs or cubone I would

Attached: 1553567945789.jpg (1280x1111, 241K)

I'm willing to see the movie based if it has at least some softcore boner inducing or fetishy scenes? Are there any hot actresses in the cast? Any waifumons? Any girls in latex? Any other fetish-y sequences like bondage or tentacles? Because i know many pokemon have the potential to do that.

Attached: 1502090003120.png (750x519, 126K)

It made back it's budget with over $10,000,000 spare change opening weekend. That's not a flop by any means.

Sony wins again

Attached: C80CE653-AAF4-4397-9963-1BCA152DCFA8.png (750x1334, 1.05M)

>I've been to Tristan und Isolde (5 hours including breaks) two times in one week before.
Why?

Attached: 1538057334355.jpg (636x466, 18K)

There's a girl in pink latex.

That's the mindset on Yea Forums, too, if a game doesn't sell a gorillion copies and make a gorillion dollars then it's the floppiest suck to ever suck a floppy.

Got to see my nigga totodile. Its more than I expected.

I actually heard it's pretty good. Gonna go see it on Friday

>haha we are friends now!
funny how snoyggers behavior hasn't changed in over a decade

Fuck you man. I know I shouldn't care but damn

Iwata managed to fit Kanto in GS not because he was amazing, but because GF was too incompetent to do it

The chad God of Thunder vs the virgin Electric Mouse

Attached: 1557793528981.png (1200x633, 813K)

I really liked it the first time, so I went a second time. It could be years before you have another chance to see it live.

yeah it was enjoyable

>girl

>a nodev posting a screenshot of partial reverse engineering is somehow relevant

If it gets below a 90 it's no good

Wasn't it at all boring to see it again and knowing what would happen next? I can't watch even a 20 min tv show episode twice in the same week, because there is no excitement anymore.

iron man dies lol

That is true, I was pretty hyped to see that too.
Marowak is my favorite Pokemon , so I got cubone at least, even made jokes referencing "The Lonely Pokemon" and the whole dead mom thing.

What's cool is that it follows the canon of the first Pokemon movie.

That's one so far. Nice. Does she feature prominently?

This actually looks high quality, was there a rip somewhere? Or was this an official release picture?

Attached: 1555466379357.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

If it gets below a 97 it's no good
And even that's being really generous

>game gets an 89 on metacritic
>Yea Forums: OH NONONONONO (insert publisher/console here)FAGS BTFO

I was confused as to why they were ragging on cubone with marowak is a badass.

Its competing with Avengers: Endgame, wtf did you expect an opening weekend of a billion dollars?

Not that user but it depends on the film. I went to go see that new spiderman movie a few months back and figured it would suck. But it was actually really good, and it's so stylized that I notice new things about it when I watch it again.
If you don't like analyzing movies I can see how it would seem boring.

a High Gross doesn't indicate objective quality, A film hasn't got to flop to be a flop

>If you don't like analyzing movies I can see how it would seem boring.
I only watch movies for the story.

It's made 20 million in profit while fighting Endgame. user, by all accounts, this film is a success.

I understand that you're young and think every movie has to make a billion dollars to be successful, but not every studio expects Endgame $.

Well when it comes to opera you know the story before you even watch it the first time. It's about experiencing the music.
Still, I went to see Bladerunner 2049 two times as well. It's about experiencing the art, not memorizing the plot.

You misunderstand. OP and the other anons don't care how much the movie made or what positive reviews it got. They only want attention.

>capeshit

How did it flop or fail? It seems to be doing pretty well, is well received by the audiences and critics.
What, is the measuring stick for success beating Endgame now?
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=detectivepikachu.htm
It already got its budget back with 20 million to spare in the first 2 days alone.

That's true. You're right, user. Thank you for reminding me.

>It's about experiencing the music.
>It's about experiencing the art
Bah, humbug.

The crowd scenes have so much shit going on in the backgrounds, there's tons of little signs and easter eggs. I love that shit, so I might go again to really soak it in.

Then what does it got to do? Because:
>It was a success financially
>critics liked it
>audiences liked it
What is the requirement to be a flop?

Then yeah I see why you wouldn't care to see one multiple times.

If Yea Forums doesn't liek something, it's a horrible floppy disaster.

So does this movie prove that what video games need to be successful is the IP owner reigning in the Hollywood jews and keeping a tight grip on their IP instead of letting them focus group it into oblivion?

iron man dies lol

Are there any scenes in the movie one can skip? Going to watch it this weekend but need to stretch my legs at some point.

Attached: 1553628593789.jpg (800x600, 72K)

>Watching reddit capeshit garbage

People want to make controversy either to get threads going or because they want to BTFO specific people who trolled them by saying this was going to outdo Endgame.

Iron man dies using the infinity gauntlet to kill Thanos
Captain America travels back in time at the end
Hull dabs (seriously)

Attached: Meh.gif (630x469, 2.42M)

He posted the same threads everywhere, it's just a sperging snoygger

user, the movie's less than 2 hours, i know you sit on your ass longer than that daily if youre on Yea Forums

It's doing fine. user, you don't take retarded information from Yea Forums at face value do you?

how do you tear down a drive in

>flop= anything that's not the best.
This meme is getting old.

Yea Forums got BTFO'd more than anyone