It it physically impossible for valve to count to 3?

It it physically impossible for valve to count to 3?

Attached: 1500683782955.jpg (636x714, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsyRhRR5Iu4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1496946314692.jpg (879x521, 95K)

>~le epic meme
you are better than that OP

Attached: solution6.jpg (1440x1080, 82K)

You called?

Attached: 1517135391677.png (1128x1002, 105K)

Attached: Bretards.png (932x580, 12K)

Do Afags even consider the flow of air as it exits the blue portal?

youtube.com/watch?v=zsyRhRR5Iu4

Rent free.

air particles aren't moving in that direction

*ahem*

Attached: portal problem.png (569x320, 61K)

I have legitimate depression. How do I get prescribed xanax? I’ve been given so many different medications but never anything good.

What if you take it to space, where you only know how things move in relation to each other?

never took alprazolam?

talk with your psychiatrist. he knows best what medication you should be taking.

no he doesn't, getting medication for depression is basically gambling, they'll just shovel random shit to you until something works

Would B possibly be correct if the slam of the moving platform imparted enough force onto the still platform to cause the cube to bounce while moving through the portal? I've always thought was correct but this could make sense too now that I think about it.

>Throw door at someone
>He flies away
Bfags are delusional

Yeah, they test medications until they find one that works, but they also know which ones you shouldn't be taking based on their observations, unless it's a really incompetent shitty psychiatrist.

The cube will go through the portal before the platforms touch, it doesn't matter.

If it slammed into it like that it would only produce a short hop unless the platform was on a spring or something so A would still be the result.

>tfw I am an Afag even though I am INTP.
I'm a fucking traitor

Attached: Sadman.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Attached: ece.jpg (750x536, 64K)

>lol depression is a meme!
kys

>INTP and INTJ
You know those personality types are actually disproved by the current science, right? Only the Big Five is still valid.

based

I don't think that's the point he was trying to make.

>Symptoms of depression cause depression

It's called a feedback loop.

Nice.

What if they're moving at different speeds? Does it still depend only on the speed of the bottom platform? What if the top platform was moving away at a slightly lower speed?

In that case the cube wold fly out at the speed of the bottom platform minus the speed of the portal.

Why doesn't it work in reverse?

Because the cube has no energy when it's not moving.

this is a tricky question,but b is the correct answer

see just ask your psychiatrist / doctor. Be careful since those are addictive in the long term and tolerance builds up quickly

But it's energy can be changed by the top platform.

B is correct but it has nothing to do with a slam. The box could be suspended in the air and it would still be catapulted out of blue at the same relative speed that orange swallowed it.

No it doesn't, and anyone saying otherwise is jut trolling.

Attached: 1555953484105.png (976x854, 1015K)

For all brainlets: the portal question doesn't make sense and there is no right answer.

What happens if the portal stops halfway through? Does the cube spontaneously jump up and fly through the portal?

Then how would work?

That post is wrong. What he said applies to collisions.

I think it does, actually.
>bottom half stationary
>top half moving away from the blue portal
It's gonna jump or get ripped in half.

So what happens if the bottom platform is moving up at 50 m/s and the top platform is also moving up at 49.5 m/s ?

but portals can't be on moving surfaces

It's neither.

Attached: Portal_Mechanic_Truth.jpg (700x4989, 649K)

The situation would be what describes, with the result typically being that the part that has gone through the portal pulls the bottom part with it as it leaves the portal, resulting in a lower final speed.

Basically A, the cube just falls out, i suspect it wold be pulled through when enough of it passes through to overcome the gravity on the platform but the speed of the portal has no bearing on this.

Duh, moron

Do you see any portals in your daily life?

But it's traveling at 50 m/s, where does that energy go?

Then relatively to upper platform it would move at 0.5 m/s. To an outside observer the cube would move at 50 m/s.

This is retarded, both of them were obviously INTPs. Also, it's B.
>t. INTJ

And why wouldn't it apply to a theoretical portal?

valve hasn't even counted to 1 in years

What force would cause this?

Gabe Newell himself sucking it through.

The cube doesn't collide with anything.

It's only traveling at that speed relatively, in practice, it's immobile.

We don't know how portals do their job or where they pull their energy from, but they are shown to not conserve energy (they can be used to place object higher than they are, thus gaining potential energy) or room-relative momentum (they can bend an object's trajectory thus changing its momentum). What we know is the result: objects are pooped from a portal at the same speed that they are swallowed by the other.

If you refer to this specific case where to top half pulls the bottom half it would be the internal forces that keep the box' integrity (molecular forces and shit, just like when you hold the box with your own hand). The object would bleed kinetic energy from the already moving top half in order to pull the bottom one.

So the de facto speed depends on the speed of the box relative to the orange portal? Does it mean B is true?

This is just semantics, the formula makes sense even in this context.

Stupidest reply in the entire thread, please just leave the thread immediately.

Attached: 1546774244139.jpg (269x287, 31K)

fuck off people like you have made depression trendy

Have anxiety instead

Cope.

You can just launch hammer and test this for yourselves you god damn retards.

Only if the portal imparts some energy into the cube.