Kojima thinks recessive genes are bad because dominant sounds cooler

Kojima thinks recessive genes are bad because dominant sounds cooler.

Attached: 1528543568169.jpg (958x717, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aFJqOlYaJbs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

cope harder, recessive boy

Wtf? MGS isn't scientifically accurate?!

That's just Liquid, he's a canon retard.

There's a reason why dominant genes are dominant.

>dominant genes - normal, common, boring

>recessive genes - rare, special, sexy

No there isn't shut up

>brown eyes better
>implying
I am going to say the n word

Yadda, yadda, ya. If White genes were called dominant, you'd suddenly like the sound of it, too.

>dominant genes are STRONG, that's why they're called DOMINANT

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (200x200, 13K)

kojima is a buffoon who doesn't really know what he's doing, what else is new

Attached: 2015-06-07_00005.jpg (1280x800, 128K)

t. never went to high school

>snake doesnt want to be confused for the leader of the terrorists
>has a completely different hair colour

But liquid actually got the dominant genes. You didnt pay attention.

at the end the recessive genes are revealed to be the superiors, retard

Attached: 1532109099239.jpg (270x291, 16K)

but its true,they are dominant because they express their quality when paired to a recessive

They were talking about the genes of Big Boss you fucking idiots. Big Boss was considered a genetic marvel, a natural-born super soldier. No shit you'd want to have the dominant genes that made him that way, it has nothing to do with dominant genes being superior as a baseline. They were merely talking about Big Boss' dominant genes AKA the genes that made him who he is.

Yep. Thats why he dyed his hair brown before the shadow moses. Again. Didnt pay attention.

No, the recessive genes are still recessive. Liquid was the better soldier, but he believed that because he had all of the recessive genes that made him inferior.

did they have hair dye in the submarine?

nip devs-, ALL OF THEM, are hacks, inbred braindamaged morons

they goddamn well earned their two bombs and their miserable existence of today, if WW3 breaks out we're going to nuke them again even if they're allies, just to make them sure that we're not sorry

I think you meant to reply to

they are dominant because they manifest over the recessives, the qualitay has nothing to do with this

Idk if it was on the submarine or beforehand but he definitely had blonde hair in the intro

>going to all the trouble of making clones double dominant and double recessive in the first place

Liquid already got the dominant BG genes. It's Solid Snake who got the recessive ones.

well you're wrong, because that only applies to the original environment, recessive genes can become dominate when the original genes die out due to a change in environment.

having brown skin was dominate, then Nordic ancestors moved north. the once dominate brown skin genes became a weakness due to lack of vitamin D.

you are literally slaves of israel, only niggers and abbos are dumber than americans

thats what i meant to say,either way the dominant part is justified

Attached: 1520565606715.gif (800x477, 542K)

Honestly I never thought of that but it makes sense.

To which liquid was taught, and believed, the reverse. That's why he was so pissy. He wanted to genetically inherit daddy's powers, and thought he didn't.

This reminds me about a lot of wrong information you'd find out in books before the domination of the internet. Great Wall of China being viewable from space, blood being blue, different parts of the mouth having different taste buds. Kojima probably read up on gene theory with some stupid misguided information.

Literally the whole point is that Liquid or Solid don't know that

Reminder that the les enfants terribles project was scrapped when they figured out they could turn any scrub into big boss by mind control in V. Which made the entire plot of the series moot.

lmao.

Attached: IMyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu27t3736.jpg (1024x640, 153K)

I'm gonna disregard this post for mass replying

SHH! Don't spoonfeed the retards, you'll ruin the Kojima shitposting

More like one doesn't give a flying fuck about it and has never given it a thought, and the other guy is a crying baby.

This is a terrible thread. Liquid thought he had the worse genes because he assumed the soldier genes were dominant. Why is everyone so ridiculous nowadays?

This. And if ocelot loved big boss so much, why didn't he just become him?

t. didn't finish the game

I forgot to say the Japanese put heavy stock into blood type theory, so much so that in most characters bio's or even their introduction will list out their blood type. They use this as a short hand to get a general gist of what the new character is. Type A people being reserved, wise, caution, type b being creative, happy, optimistic, type ab being some combination of the two, and type O being the general hero type. Kojima buying into dominant genes actually being superior fits in with their goofy japanese superstitions.

well he was on the submarine when he first saw a picture of liquid, so he would have had to had black hair dye on the submarine and let it dry before getting into the ocean.

Actually, following that logic train ties 5 into 2 and what GW did to Raiden

Well yeah actually that is more accurate

>muh specially-tailored reply, muh dopamine
Sorry user. Since the last post was so impersonal, here's something just for (You)

Has there ever been any indication that Kojima is traditional/superstitious?

The problem is that kojima wrote himself into a corner on 1 because he thought there wouldn't be a sequel so the plot is a fucked up mess. Youre best to just not try to make sense of it.

It's likely that some of the genes that made Big Boss who he is were double-recessive. So it's still retarded.

I believe you can find characters blood types in game, MGS2 even has you select a blood type. This shit is so ingrained that they do it subconsciously, I don't think people put to much stock in it, but pay attention to japanese games and guides and you will find its just there, most protagonist and hero characters are always type O.

>Maybe if we're already suspending our disbelief and/or understanding of biology for long enough to accept that Dominant Genes Are Good And Recessive Genes Are Bad, we should just ignore this part.

Attached: 0.png (650x935, 225K)

I'm not gonna dignify post #462115964 with a (You)

>some
What matters is whether it's likely more or less. If it's less then what you're saying doesn't matter.

>It's another recessive genelets seething episode
yawn

Doesn't the same game tell you Liquid was entirely wrong? Low self esteem is a hell of a drug

>still thinking that hair colour is a Mendelian trait
Literally high school understanding of biology

t. weak genes

I had thought that Liquid got the recessive genes, but those genes made BB an exceptional soldier, but didn't offer his other essential qualities that made him, in total, who he was?
From the fights in game, Liquid was clearly superior to Solid in straight combat, being at least as strong, and far more durable/possessed of singular willpower to push on. He survived several times that would have been fatal to Snake, and even at the end, Snake survived due to FOXDIE kicking in, not because he prevailed over Liquid directly.

anyone got a workout regime for PSX-era liquid snake physique?

Attached: fc2.jpg (600x665, 24K)

No, pay attention to the phone call Ocelot has at the very end of the game.

I had believed it meant that Liquid thought he was the inferior twin due to his "recessive" genes, when in reality, those were exactly what made BB so dominant on the battlefield, despite what Liquid believed (that it was BB's dominant genes that made him a powerhouse when it was actually the recessive genes, which biologically makes sense as BB was singular in his capacity, if they were dominant, then there would be others at BB's skill level)?
Though I may have taken something completely different than others, I can accept I may have been grossly mistaken.

A lifetime of strength and endurance training, knowing when to cut, and exceptional genetics.
The strongest people on earth are there because they have the fortune to be able to get there, not all can.

Where my Last Days of Foxhound niggas at?

Attached: foxhound_054.png (750x900, 224K)

The dominant genes were important to liquid because he thought those would have been the ones expressed by Big Boss and what made him such a great soldier.

You're a moron
You're a Kojima enthusiast
Checks out

I think Kojima is a fucking hack and especially hate MGS2. You also have no other argument

wh*Toids BTFO

Actually it turned out Liquid was wrong anyway so it was just Liquid being an idiot

I thought the point of mgs1 was that we're more than just our genes. Solid snake is the best because he's a good person not because he's a big boss clone

That theory can work given MGS' loose understanding of genetics. But, its more likely BB's dominant genes made him what he was more than the recessive. And that the twins were simply lied too.

No, Liquid was considered the superior clone, the metric for superior being he had the dominant genes. However Solids training and general attitude triumphed over Liquids pissy and pessimistic attitude. Later games elaborate further, Solid Snake tells Otacon in MGS4 that the soldiers are using a shitty version of CQC, all taught second hand or tertiary sources. The difference between those that trained with big boss and those that didn't were night and day. MGSV implies that Liquid may have only trained with Medic, Liquid was not apart of fox hound when Solid was and Medic while being a great solider in his own right, is still a secondary source.

The importance of training, skill and natural talent is always kept in context though. Ocelot is The Boss son and is a natural in close range hand to hand combat, in MGS3 after being motivated enough, Ocelot is trading blows with Big Boss on the plane. He is a gunslinger at heart, so he never really develops his skill, but him and Solid Snake duking it out at the end shows how much of a natural Ocelot is.

I think the motto of MGS is that hardwork beats talent when talent performs sub optimally. Ocelot never beats Big Boss because he is to lazy to work hard enough at it, Solid beats Liquid because Liquid is to much of a whiner, Raiden beats Solidus who was the direct clone of Big Boss in a exoskeleton because Solidus is more of a politician then solider.

Even then, iirc, Ocelot didn't say Liquid had BB's dominant genes, but "He thought he was the inferior twin all along". That speaks more about the recessive genes being BB's source of exceptionalism, rather than the twins being misled.
However, as you said, it is intentionally left vague, but that is what I took from it, from the series as a whole, especially V where Liquid is insanely skilled even as a child, matching even Null at his height.

suck my dick, snake!

I can accept this easily, given how Japanese culture places exceptional reward on diligence and hard work over natural talent. You can see the same thing in Streetfighter, where Ken has greater talent than Ryu in fighting, Ryu is considered superior because of his dedication.
I had forgotten the significance of Ocelot trading blows with BB in 3, thank you for reminding me of that pivotal scene.

Les Elefants Terridle :D DD

BB could've had recessive genes that helped him out on who he was or his abilities. Dominant and recessive don't mean strong and weak, they mean what's present and what's dormant. Dividing their shit to solid and liquid was stupid. I bet solidus was godlike in his prime, but what they go through in their stories is what makes them different

It pains me that Liquid never got to know the truth. Wish he hadn't died.

Nobody here understands genes.

Blonde hair and blue eyes are the dominant gene in Finland for example.

the blood type shit is the equivalent of reading your horoscope in the daily newspaper

I really don't know whose fault was it. Did the guys in the lab wanted liquid with all dominant, weak genes, or did they want solid with full recessive, strong genes? It's like everyone made the same mistake and assumed dominant was superior and recessive was inferior, when it's the other way around. Both of those retards speak like 4 different tongues yet they can't realize that?

You don't understand that quality has more than 1 meaning. Expressing your quality is not the same as high quality.

I guess it picks up again in MGS2. MGS1 was liquid's 'doing' though he was being manipulated left and right while believing genome soldiers were peak shit and had an inferiority complex

Can we clarify this fucking shit for once?
Liquid had recessive, right? and he thought he was weak because of it?

>I really don't know whose fault was it. Did the guys in the lab wanted liquid with all dominant, weak genes, or did they want solid with full recessive, strong genes? It's like everyone made the same mistake and assumed dominant was superior and recessive was inferior, when it's the other way around.
I thought they were just experimenting so that they could see what the best combination was? That would make sense, SS representing the dominant genes, Liquid the recessive, Solidus the original mix. And then if nothing gets conclusively shown to be better out of those, they move onto simulation/mind-control.

Can't remember if it was a lie or not. Liquid explains that he was the leftovers of the experiment because they needed to dump all the recessive genes into someone if they wanted another individual to carry all the dominant ones

Most common, and genetically dominant, are far different.

>Literally high school understanding of biology
Yes? That's the understanding of biology most people would have if they did not graduate in a biology field? How is that shameful? I bet you have high school understanding of most subjects, user, if even that.

Ocelot literally tells Solidus the inferior clone won at the end of MGS. What was being measured is how good the clones are, Snake won and was refereed to as the inferior clone. The context of the game says that Dominate Genes = Good, Recessive Genes = Bad.

>he doesnt have dominand genome
hahahaahahah cope harder genelet

Attached: 1524221761249.jpg (248x189, 18K)

They said the inferior soldier won, but never said liquid got genes mixed up, only his conception of them, so what he said still holds; liquid had recessive, solid had dominant

Who the fuck fed the lie to Liquid? Ocelot?
Kojima himself wish he hadn't killed Liquid that early otherwise we wouldn't have that entire shit in MGS2 and 4, as much as I like Ocelot being one of the unsung heroes of the series by having to go through all of that

>The inferior one was the winner after all
>That's right
>Till the very end Liquid thought he was the inferior one

Literally the post credits scene

Probably Ocelots doing. I doubt Big Boss would actually know to taunt Liquid without being told.

I believe so.
I think the lab boys figured that Big Boss dominant genes were his soldiering genes, and didn't know otherwise because it was the late 70s when it happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=aFJqOlYaJbs

What did he mean by this?

Such a nice voice.

So timeline:
>USA/Zero geneticists guess that BB's dominant genes are the more important for making an elite soldier, and therefore a clone should get all of those
>they dump the recessive genes into the twin clone during the procedure (or in case they were wrong about their guess?)
>Liquid assumes he was the dumping twin
>he was actually the priority twin

No one knew until they grew up.

The comic artist is a rocket scientist, not a biologist.

I think he meant that Big Boss was the supersoldier warlord.
Whatever made BB 'him' - so the expressed genes and their effects, were (where applicable) dominant ones. Recessive genes were (where applicable) ones that had no effect on BB. "The mojo" was in dominant ones, so to speak.

(where applicable) are only added since 1.BB wasn't heterozygous on all his genes, so both kids had to have some of both and 2. there's more to traits than Mendelian AABb

Right here, my man. You got any of that fight with Liquid in Octopus's body vs Big Boss in Liquid's body?

Attached: Triple Cross.png (750x900, 77K)

No, it wasn't stated that. But it was directly stated that Liquid was actually supposed to be the superior one.

Mix pasta with shit and you get shit