Somehow I completely missed that they made a sequel to Mirror’s Edge

Somehow I completely missed that they made a sequel to Mirror’s Edge

I did enjoy the first one, is this one any good?

Attached: 31935B30-41D2-4B9C-B559-F04BDB1443F8.jpg (319x533, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EH8CURixKjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you liked the first one you'll enjoy this one, it's not as good but ost and graphics are nice so that's something.

I found it terrible
Open world-ing the game was a mistake

>graphics are nice

Attached: 1544273704677.jpg (2795x3264, 781K)

Ost is nice and if you like open world you will probably like it. I got about half way through because it's open world and has an exp system that drained all my enthusiasm.

it's pretty SJW-y
jade can no longer use guns because they're ID locked which was one of my favourite parts of the original (and it says in the loading screen hints or whereever she wouldn't use them even if she could)
i got bored and turned it off

worth playing through quickly just to take a look at the scenery. otherwise quite weak

I think so

youtube.com/watch?v=EH8CURixKjE

>I did enjoy the first one
well you are absolutely retarded, so chances are good

It's on sale for 5 bucks on PSN right now. Yay or nay?

I like the first game and always thought ME would benefit from going open world, but the art design and contemporary gayman shit like skill trees is turning me off. Not to mention, it's on consoles (I'm not touching Origin).

concrete walls aesthetic > plastic shit texture popin aesthetic for trannies

I don't think so

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

Even for 5 dollars, I regretted the purchase. It really isn't the same caliber as the first, I wouldn't recommend it unless you're dying for something you just haven't played yet.

Sure, of you like running from generic NPC on rooftop to other generic NPC on rooftop (then having to do it again because you were 0.01 seconds over the completely arbitrary time limit).

It fucking sucks, and the first one was one of my favourite games ever.

that's a complete lie, Anita.

No.

>anita sarkeesian worked on it
>soft-reboot of the story instead of a direct sequel
>open world
It's top-garbage

it's funny looking at the history of DICE's games pre and post Anita, more depressing than funny now that i think about it.

bump

Anita is just a scapegoat. EA just bleeds their studios of talent and good decisions.

Nah let them seethe,
>muh womenz destroying vidya
Keep crying hoes

It's completely clueless.
Art direction took a monstrous plunge. It's not a modern-day city anymore, it's a bunch of futuristic plastic cubes. It's not zeitgest or however the fuck is that word written, not actual, not relevant, not "you absolutely get what they are trying to convey but fail to find word for it". It's something stale and seen numerous times before. It's not a forefront, a frontire anymore, not here and now. Anyway, you get the idea.
Second. Faith. Faith was a stoic modern-day character who was dancing to her own tune by means of her movement itself. Parkour, that is. It's not that she was realistic, it's that she was a "real deal", a petsonwho knew her own shit, said her own words and went her own ways. Nu-Faith. Nu-Faith is a nobody and a tool. Nu-Faith is of "you just gotta believe in yourself" variety. Nu-Faith has no sense of self-worth whatsoever.
Third. Lack of focus. God fucking damn, that clueless openworld. God fucking damn, that combat. It's not even that you think they fucked up. It's that you for the life of you don't even see either what they were going for, or why the fudge should I even wastecmy time tagging along. Come to think of it, the same could be said about the whole game. It's not a statement, it's a word salad. It's not a picture made in brave and broad strokes, it's some doodles and scribbles. It's a fucking hodgepodge of second rate, trivial, detivative quotes, that's what it is - as opposed to someone speaking his mind as directly and up to the point, as he is at all capable as of here and now.

Holy shit you're a fucking newfag

where did you find this pasta?

In my brain. Also, "my bad" in regard to mistypes and everything, by the way.

I like your brain, senpai

quite possibly the best example of soul to soulless

I liked fucking around with nvidia ansel

I should probably pirate this again and play it a bit further

Don't listen to
Catalyst is shit. Everything they did right in the first one, they fucked up in this one. The city went from a subtle yet stylish design to "lmao cyberpunk". You now have to unlock moves like the fucking impact roll. The story is shit. Ot's open world garbage too. The vibe is just off.
Only thing they did right was the music. It's the same artist that composed for the first game.

The first one was pretty comfy though, but I bet you're one of those faggots who shit up threads with their superior taste in games with shit that hasn't been a topic of discussion for the past 30 years.

A true wonder, how they managed to make such a concise experience the first time round.

unironically this

I liked it more than the original. The open world isn't perfect and typically I'm all for linear game design, but ME's mechanics are too fun to NOT have an open world to move around in and the linear levels are still there. Combat's more plentiful which is a minus but AI is dumbed down and things are MUCH more tied to momentum which is a net positive improvement to combat, which was by far my least favorite part about the first and made more bearable here. Catalyst also has areas that dare to be more than red and white which I didn't hate at all, dunno why that's a bad thing but apparently it gets some shit for that. Lastly, characters and story aren't endearing but they weren't in the first either. They're a bit more assholeish here but I play these games for the parkour, they can be dicks all they want so long as I can go fast. Also, Plastic is best autismfu.

Attached: 1541557355308.gif (500x514, 741K)

Oh, but it does have the skill tree thing which does suck, but the absolute worst thing about it is having to unlock the skill roll and you can do that approximately 10 minutes in so that blow is literally softened. Still the worst part of the game, though.