What's Yea Forums's verdict on L.A Noire?

what's Yea Forums's verdict on L.A Noire?

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzPvx8VUSDw
youtube.com/watch?v=72VXMjO14oc
youtube.com/watch?v=eGnUGFwraL0
youtu.be/W9liJUbz604?t=3m24s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Decent if you completely ignore the worthless open world.

It was an interesting project which tried something new, and had some really excellent design work

Ultimately it didn't quite live up to the hype and hasn't aged very well

Attached: 1413340747249.png (300x171, 38K)

this

It's fucking great and i love it.

what's Yea Forums's verdbrev s'\v\ s'tahw

Attached: veev.png (276x168, 66K)

Good game overall. When it's strong it is VERY strong.

But the game has weak moments which aren't terrible but they're underwhelming and kinda boring.

Nicholson Electroplating was stupid and boring.

The murder desk dragged a bit when the pattern became obvious.

But most of the cases are pretty strong and it's worth playing.

The thing that bugged me most about the game was the controls and movement more than anything else. Everything takes a moment to respond, you can't turn quickly, the camera isn't particularly responsive and you're always doing fucking chase sequences.

MORE LIKE L.A. SNORE.

A weapon to surpass metal gear

Terrible. Uninstalled after two hours

>beginning
hey this is neat
>the twist
wtf thats dumb
>the end
wait what, wait what?

glued together from the cutting room floor and it shows, still worth playing imho

I thought it was really cool. I unironically stopped because I was too much of a brainlet and it was getting to me

fine i'll post the memes
youtube.com/watch?v=qzPvx8VUSDw
youtube.com/watch?v=72VXMjO14oc

Painfully boring.

YOU FUCK YOUNG BOYS VALDEZ?

I loved it very much even though it became pretty boring halfway and the main storyline with the tweest didn't interest me much

youtube.com/watch?v=eGnUGFwraL0

Honestly, the game's strongest trait was its dedication to its setting. It doesn't pull punches. Rockstar Studios is still one of the only companies that has the guts to put out games that literally should be for adults only. Not because of pretentious artsy shit but because they depict 1940s LA with all the pimps, rapists, drug dealers, and pedophiles that it would have. They could've toned all of that down but then it wouldn't feel like the gritty, X-rated crime movies or serials it's supposed to emulate.

The attention to detail and dedication to that is what made LA Noire memorable instead of just another competent mystery-action game with too many chase sequences.

youtu.be/W9liJUbz604?t=3m24s

The true LA Noire experience right here.

Kino

Attached: you're_going_to_the_gas_chamber.png (1127x670, 519K)

how did you type a reverse d

>Bunco and Burglary desks cut; no Garrus as partner
>Homicide desk takes way too long
>feels unrewarding because it was all the same guy lol
>facial animations are really uncanny, looks like textures moving in a static head
>tough to tell when to go for lie or doubt, have to pick lie to see the accusation then back out constantly
I really liked it. For a showcase of very new tech it was decent, and I'm surprised they managed to build a game around it. I have a soft spot for the overall story too; so many people say "why would Cole cheat on his wife the fucking retard omg" when they don't realise the story isn't told from his perspective, so his motivations are meant to be unknown.
Kino interrogations list:
>James Tiernan
>Courtney Sheldon
>Jack Kelso
>Edgar Kalou
>Walter Clemens
>Henry Arnett
>Elsa Lichtmann (as Jack)
shame Team Bondi had to die for this

Attached: 1515317536872.jpg (349x385, 20K)

whats bunco?
Vice was the best desk change my mind

Bunco is Fraud. I agree that the game peaks in Vice; it has good standalone cases and a great overarching plot as well as some of the best interrogations in the game from a character interaction point of view (e.g. Sheldon/Kelso). I do like Arson too though, when everyone is shitting on Cole. Feels Noir man

Attached: 1513060107854.jpg (640x480, 49K)

practicecitcarq

Neat but had no reason being a open world.
>Irish captain beats the shit out of pedophile in interrogation room before you go interrogate him
Wonder what he would think of lolifags.

Desks:
>Vice
>Arson before it starts focusing on the redevelopment fund and is just cases of Arson
>Traffic
>Homicide
Partners:
>Rusty
>Biggs
>Roy
>Setfan
I ignored patrol since that's just a tutorial and Dunn gets so little screentime you barely get to know him.
Best outfits were Chicago Lighting, Hawkshaw and Golden Boy.

Attached: 1552353440770.gif (200x133, 613K)

>Best outfits
You have to define that on a desk-by-desk basis imo
>Traffic - Golden Boy/Sharpshooter
>Homicide - Hawkshaw/Sword of Justice
>Vice - Broderick/Chicago Lightning
>Arson - Outsider

open world was completely unnecessary for this game. it still is a great experience though. shame we'll never get something like this again

Its 5$ kek

it's a really unique game for what it is and i think it's absolutely worth at least one playthrough. that being said, it has a lot of problems that become extremely evident on repeated playthroughs.
>shittiest open world of any rockstar game, absolutely fuck all to do
>combat is shallow and unrewarding, and just feels like filler
>driving also sucks
>story feels rushed at parts, that cut burglary desk really did a number on the narrative

Story was actually good. It felt True Detective esque in that it had flawed protagonists taking down the short term issue but being faced with the reality of being dwarfed by the systematic issues embedded in the society they lived in. In LA Noire the crazy murderer is dealt with but the real bad guys behind it all slip away because they're too powerful. What's a single detective to do?

I also liked Cole as a character. He was a major asshole in truth but he was interesting because of how grey he was. He was the only real dedicated straight cop but the guy himself was a piece of work who committed war crimes and was heralded as a hero for it. He's allowed some personal redemption but ultimately fails and is heralded falsely as a hero just like he was in the war.

>Tfw no Whore of the Orient ever
>We'll never see this concept refined with the same kind of budged L.A. Noire had

Attached: Rustled.jpg (298x311, 26K)

YOU FUCK YOUNG BOYS Yea Forums?

I LIKE YOUR ASS

Attached: Can I get a bowl of that chili.jpg (353x411, 18K)

Good game but completely empty outside the investigation areas.

I like that it tried to present an authentic portrayal of 1940s L.A. I spent an inordinate amount of time looking at the appliances in people's houses, how they decorated, street signs, etc. It may seem strange, but the games I'd compare it to most are Kingdom Come: Deliverance and My Summer Car. Like L.A. Noire, they pick a place and point in time and really try to immerse the player in that era. Time travel isn't real, but video games are the closest simulacrum