Indie games

>Indie games
There's never a shortage of good Japanese games to play or even going back to the PS2's library, there's literally no reason to throw away your time playing objectively worthless games like indies

Attached: 089c1174f42516535c5eb05c042ffa44.jpg (1200x1200, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NzDEfgETNVQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think the only worthless thing here is your opinion
There are tons of great, worthwhile indie games amongst trash ones. Just like with japanese games, or any other games.

AA games > indie games

I play both.
What are you gonna do about it?
Jack shit, that's why.
Punk ass bitch.

You haven't played all the good Japanese games, why would you waste time on indies when there's better Japanese games to play?

Games being japanese doesn't instantly make them good.
I play a fair share of both and i'm not sure why you're so hellbent on claiming all indie games are shit.
What about japanese indies, fuckface?

There's no indie game in existence that is better than a good Japanese game.

And you haven't played all the good Japanese games. So you're wasting your time playing indie games.

haha

weeb

I see, you're just an insufferable weeb. I won't argue any further, you're free to live in your fairlyland however long you want to

not an argument

Hollow Knight was an indie and pretty good

why would a cute girl smoke? it ruins her beauty

not an argument deez nuts
ahahahaha you fell for it you fucking idiot
GOTTEM

You're clearly biased towards non-japanese games. What arguments do you expect if you call anything else shit, refusing to argue at all?

>not playing indie games made by japs

never ever gonna make it

that's chocolate EOP

Cocoa cigarettes

If all indie games are shit
And all Japanese games are better than indie games
What about Japanese Indie games

Factorio is indie and its the only game I keep coming back to after years of playing

Attached: 1552599868112.jpg (701x715, 49K)

Why are you allowed to post if you are this autistic?

Because I'm better than you

>What about Japanese Indie games
shit

Trick question, all japanese game are shit, and japanese indie game are double shit.

>Japanese games
There's never a shortage of good indie games to play or even going back to the early 2000s, there's literally no reason to throw away your time playing objectively worthless games like Japanese ones

Attached: 1541039345363.png (216x198, 11K)

>Indie games
>Mindless crap someone through together when they could, basically some artist puking out their minds onto a program.
>AAA games
>Soul sucking overly bloomed garbage trying to suck out all your money via loot boxes, dlc, and other nonsense.
We live in a town.

Attached: 1544631778101.gif (364x339, 768K)

Give me examples of AAA+, AAA, AA, A, BBB? etc. please

Attached: 01255.jpg (640x640, 33K)

>says cocoa cigarettes in katakana
>literally says cocoa cigarettes in big bold letters in English
>retard somehow thinks this means chocolate instead of cigarettes with cocoa leaves like a 90+ iq person
>calls others eop while misinterpreting a two English loanword syntagm presented in the plainest way possible
I can smell the cheeseburger on your breath from here

>Japanese games
>Made by professionals with combined dozens of years of experience, skill and talent

>Indie games
>Some gender studies dropout who wants to be e-famous for doing a mashup of earthbound and super metroid with mental illness themes

>combined dozens of years of experience,
So what, a year of internship each?

some indie games are good and give you that same feeling an older game does while also providing a new experience

Name one jap game better than Dwarf Fortress

The Japanese use reasonable team sizes of 50-100 people, not 600-1000 like AAA western shit

>some indie games are good and give you that same feeling an older game does while also providing a new experience
No

>doesn't play doujin
time to turn in your weeb card punk

well thats your opinion, and thats fine. i will continue to buy and support indie games that are good and enjoyable.

I play games that I like regardless of their budget or country of origin. If you disagree with this then I can only hope that you wake up during surgery.

Attached: 1510006727313.jpg (730x1024, 140K)

Yeah, and at 50 - 100 people “combined dozens of years of experience” would mean an individual dev having 3 to 6 months of experience, retard.

Not one dozen, dozens. Do you know what a dozen is you child?

I hate indie games. Cave Story is trash. Touhou is shit. Fairy Bloom Freesia is garbage.

>heels up

What a fucking tryhard wannabe cumuzzlig cunt.

Attached: 13837133138962.png (1920x1920, 625K)

Why not do both?

Attached: 1540058131277.gif (720x312, 1.74M)

Because one is better and why waste even 1 minute of your time on the worse option

Name a better Japanese roguelike deckbuilder than STS or DreamQuest

I'll wait.

Attached: 1551317065858.gif (241x328, 3.89M)

>Name a better Japanese roguelike deckbuilder than STS or DreamQuest
Who gives a fuck about mindless, repetitive garbage like that retard? No wonder you have such shit taste you play indies, fucking lobotomite.

>autistic weeaboo
>has retarded opinion
Wow i would have never expected that

There are plenty of good indie games still. Western AAA games are the ones I've come to very rarely bother with.

It's funny how distinctly American this weeaboo talk is.

I'm Irish, get fucked

I hate anime. And i hate cringy Japanese games.

bump

I just think Japanese rpgs are pretty gay
So I just don't play

For once OP is not a faggot

Attached: spooky.webm (800x422, 2.99M)

I played most of them on the PS2 era, zoomer-kun.

No, you didn't. The PS2 has hundreds of games worth playing, I doubt you played more than 50.

I don’t care. Go fuck yourself

>abloo bloo bloo
What a fucking baby, jesus christ

I mostly play japanese games and there are modern indies on their level or better. Dead cells outdoes many classic platformers.

Classic platformers/action games didn't need the RNG items crutch to be replayable.

How do you keep your heels flat without getting tired?

>I mostly play japanese games and there are modern indies on their level or better
No

yes

I'm afraid you're mistaken and you need to retract your statement

I fucking love castlevania but Valdis story is on par with most of them and better than some.
It just plays better dude.

Just because your character moves faster and you can spam more buttons doesn't mean its better,fucking autistic zoomers.

Have sex

I'm older than you.Complexity makes it better. Like I said Valdis Story is up there with the best metroidvanias.

Also I've played most old japanese games worth a damn.

Superior non-wh*te genetics

>Have sex
No thank you, I prefer to pleasure myself to women worthy of the effort

Attached: 770688.jpg (520x829, 202K)

>Also I've played most old japanese games worth a damn.
This isn't feasible to do in one lifetime, stop lying

Maybe your standards are lower than mine.

Gameplay and music is what matters,couldn't give a shit about how complex a game is. For example are shmups complex? No but some of them are still the greatest games ever made.
Simple games like Breakout and Space Invaders are still great to play because of their simplicity while 99% of games released in the last decade are already forgotten because they are a slog to play.

Risk of Rain 2 is better than any Japanese game I've played all year desu

Attached: 1521964328459.jpg (900x900, 59K)

>irish
Fucking potatonigger

People who enjoy western indieshit think there's literally only western AAA cancer and indies.
The concept of vastly superior Japanese AA is completely alien to them.

Don't mind them, mostly Steamfags anyway so who cares.

Attached: 1532966259477.webm (1280x690, 2.94M)

Music isn't that important. Gameplay matters yes. But complexity adds to quality of gameplay. Schmups are meh as fuck.

Or maybe you're vastle overestimating your own judgement of good games

>Factorio is shit and it's the only shit i keep coming back to
after years of playing

>A game that came out last week is the best game ever
Go to bed little zoomer

>Music isn't that important.

Zoomer,quite possibly a PCfag detected

Are you stupid or just retarded?

>Gameplay matters yes.
>Schmups are meh as fuck

Indiefags in a nutshell

Attached: shiggy diggy.jpg (731x423, 192K)

30 year old, console and pc. It's a nice bonus but it won't turn a bad game good.
I've played most worthwhile jrpgs, most worthwhile platformers (basically just megaman castlevania and metroid).

They're dead for a reason. Worst part of any kamiya game is the schmup.

zoom zoom zooooooooom

You don't know what a shmup is,you can't even spell the term correctly.

Yes I do. you're a ship and you die in one hit. I've played gradius and r type. That's enough to judge the entire genre.

yikes

Attached: 1497375770554.png (540x480, 204K)

>I've played most worthwhile jrpgs, most worthwhile platformers
And ignored the dozen other genre's Japan is great at

Shatterhand is a better platformer than any indie attempt at the genre.

Attached: Shatterhand.webm (640x480, 2.83M)

Furi and Hotline Miami were vastly better than any japanese game but do they really count as indie games?

Attached: 02f.jpg (655x527, 59K)

Fighters and action games as well. That about covers teh genres they dominate. Oh and TPS.
Hagane blows this shit away. But it's not indy. Valdis story blows this away.

Growing up as a PCfag gives you shit taste for life and western games always sucked dick outside of the 5th gen.

Attached: 1533500053510.png (332x332, 148K)

>Yes I do. you're a ship and you die in one hit. I've played gradius and r type. That's enough to judge the entire genre.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

I'm not going to lie, Valdis Story looks like one of the shittiest indie Metroidvanias I've ever seen. That's already a genre that's over saturated and it still manages to look snore inducing.

It is. No one's gonna play toohoo dude.
Difference being I've played all the games I'm talking about. Retard.

Factorio has more passion behind it than any shitty jrpg you jerk off to

What are some recommendations for good Japanese games to play for non-weebs?

BASED

Attached: 1555540673647.png (772x817, 1.01M)

>Furi
>A game only famous for having the Afro Samurai artist
>90% of the game is walking
Put down the keyboard retard

I have no interest playing indie metroidvania #1027. I don't even need to play it to know it's shit. I blame SOTN for introducing RPG mechanics to platformers.

>Japan only makes JRPG's
user, please stop sucking cocks while you shitpost it's interfering with your mental faculties

> I've played gradius and r type. That's enough to judge the entire genre
>Difference being I've played all the games I'm talking about. Retard.
You're funny.

>he didn't know he could just press X to auto-walk

Attached: 1448662411633.jpg (214x220, 19K)

>passion

Its not even a game,its an early access autism simulator,seriously what is wrong with PC gamers?

Any of the Squaresoft greats,remember the time before PCfags ruined the industry games were still sold complete on day one?

Attached: 67f3bb87-6066-4b85-8803-c6fc3d0ed25c.png (1433x2368, 253K)

seething

Well it's not like there's anything else good made by the west so might as well appreciate indie games in that way despite 99% of them wishing they were 90s Capcom/Konami/Nintendo/etc.

>But complexity adds to quality of gameplay
This is false.
Complexity only works when the player isn't actually engaging with all of it. Simplicity in design allows each choice the player makes to matter more to the outcome of them game.

The main draw of complexity is variables in interaction, a feat simple games can achieve with competent design.

I never claimed to have played every shmup. Just enough to know they're boring.
Most platformers are beyond basic and boring as fuck. Like I said if we're talking oldschool it's mostly just Castlevania Megaman X and metroid, with the odd exception like Hagane or ninja gaiden.

Don't act like shit like mario or the other mascot platformers are worth a damn.

Japan sucks lol

>>retard somehow thinks this means chocolate instead of cigarettes with cocoa leaves like a 90+ iq person

Except that's literally cig-shaped chocolate though.

Attached: chocolate.png (961x713, 302K)

>Dude no it's not a walking simulator
>You can just put the controller down and watch your guy walk for 20 minutes

Two things, okay? 1. shut 2. up

Nah, you just can't handle complexity. Shmups are basic as fuck and will never have the amount of important decision making a game like Ninja gaiden black does.

What's the second thing after shut up?

Im actually going through the first Final Fantasy for the first time. I assumed OP meant recent games, not /vr/. And yes user, I do remember when even PC games were bought in a store, on a CD-ROM

>Don't act like shit like mario or the other mascot platformers are worth a damn.
What not enough tacked on RPG mechanics to drag you along like a carrot on a stick? Are the levels just too interesting and varied? Maybe they should just be more corridors like every Metroidvania ever made.

>I never claimed to have played every shmup. Just enough to know they're boring.
If you had just said "I don't like shmups", I would just disagree and move on. I know they're not too popular for a reason.
But thinking Gradius and especially R-Type play the same as Touhou is just daft.

To ensure you understand, it's like saying Contra plays the same as Super Metroid because you jump and shoot in both.

>MOOOOM I WANT TO DO THE NEXT FIGHT RIGHT NOW I DONT WANT TO LISTEN TO THE NARRATOR FOR TWO MINUTES
Looks like another ADD kid got filtered hard. Cry more.

The best videogames ever made are nearly all retro,only a liar,a clueless zoomer or a videogame journalist would say otherwise.

>other reply to this post recommends a hundred RPGs
fucking pottery

>Ninja Gaiden Black autist

>Movie watcher

We need to strike a balance

They are not popular anymore because they are games with a short longevity,people want to spend money on games that while having no value can last a long time.

Yeah I loved having to buy a new arcade cabinet for every SF2 balance patch. What a great business practice.

>Nah, you just can't handle complexity.
You think too highly of yourself and your taste.
I enjoy complex games with complex systems, but really, you don't engage with all of them at once. After a certain point of practice your run off of muscle memory to do relatively basic stuff.

Do you think about all the stuff that can go wrong in a Roguelike?
What about Fighting games? If you're concerning about what inputs you have to put in during a match you've likely already lost.
Even SHMUPs are far more complex than you're claiming, but of course you would not know because you're talking out of the wrong hole.

Not enough fucking anything dude. There's no variety. At least donkey kong has some. But it's still shallow af.

Fighting games have far more going on than any shmup. End of story.

Maybe an individual shooting game doesn't has more depth but collectively the genre has done much more.

>hotline Miami 1 and 2
>Minecraft
>Superhot
>worthless

There is more variety in the first two zones in Sonic 1 than the entirety of any Metroidvania.

What games do you like then

SF2 console releases didn't have to deal with any of it,you bought the game and that was a complete release.
A better example would have been R-Type on the PC Engine that was initially released in two parts but examples like that were extremely rare.

Fighting games tend to have no endings and are primarily intended for multiplayer,that already makes them worse.

Storyfags need not apply.
The genre has done less than SF3 alone.
Sonic is dogshit and always has been, like all mascot games.

>worthless
Yes.

>Sonic is dogshit and always has been
Anybody who says this just has objectively shit taste in games. Exactly what one would expect from an indietard that thinks tacked on RPG mechanics are """complex"""

>The genre has done less than SF3 alone.
Not true, but you would know that if you even looked at more than 2 of them in youtube.

An ending = a real reason to play the game

It doesn't have anything to do with the story whatsoever,it could be just a screen with an "END" and it would still be better as a videogame than something that never ends.

>your usual jeyrpg
>better than any of those games

Even bad JRPG's are better than any of those

>Sonic is dogshit and always has been
I disagree.
I think Indie platformers would be even better if they borrowed more of Sonic's momentum mechanics.

Like Dustforce, which is probably my favorite sidescroller. Excellent stuff that game is.

Attached: Dustforce-_PC_Editeur_004.jpg (1280x800, 139K)

The very first classicvania is a much better game than sonic.
Dustforce blows sonic away I agree, but that doesn't make sonic worthwhile.
No, that's a stupid and arbitrary condition. You're the type of guy to complain if a fighting game has no single player.
I've probably played half a dozen in total over the years and was never impressed. Einhander was probably among the best I played though.

>You're the type of guy to complain if a fighting game has no single player.
If a game isn't offering a good solid chunk of single player content, that's a bad/unfinished game.

What game is this?
Looks like something from vanillaware.

>The very first classicvania is a much better game than sonic.
That's nice. The first three Sonic games are still better than any indie platformer. Indie developers can't even make a sidescroller, its always shitty Metroidvanias or two second level Meat Boy shit.

Some genres have garbage single player. For example fighting games. And there are like 3 examples of a good single player fps.
Like the other dude said dustforce is better. Metroidvanias are often better than sonic as well. Hollow knight 100% is better. Sonic is low tier even among platformers. A massive series with like 1 good game. How the fuck did that happen.

Sonic's level design is objectively more complex than shitty indie games and its got better physics.

Attached: Sonic 3.png (9696x1596, 947K)

I can see her panties

>its always shitty Metroidvanias or two second level Meat Boy shit.
It's cute that you're still trying so hard.
You have to do better than parroting popular stereotypes from Yea Forums, though.

Don't misunderstand: I actually think 2D Sonic's a good set of games, and have gotten better with each iteration. The issue with Sonic is that it doesn't explain itself well and is also too easy at the same time. You can beat the game without understand how rolling actually works, and that's just not good.

Still, Dustforce is fantastic, and I still play it to this day.
Also, Environmental Station Alpha is a very good Metroid-like. No reason to mention it, I just like that game.

You are talking to a guy that unironically believes that music is not important in a videogame,unless he is deaf then i can understand but if that's the case fuck him.

It's cute you think that's an argument.

It's like a bonus multiplier. It can't make a game good but it can make a good game better. Gameplay is what makes a game good.
I think they're boring as fuck, but to each their own.
Hahahha no it isn't unless you're talking like speedrun tricks. The game doesn't demand anything of you.

Level design complexity isn't gameplay complexity. Levels are more important than tacked on RPG mechanics or whatever you erroneously think makes gameplay complex.

My dad used to sell these in his coffee shop.
Shame it's banned now because it incited the youth to smoke.
They were made with cheap chocolate anyway so nothing of worth was lost other than pretending to be cool grown ups.

Attached: b98b57ede7a60fb0327bf7cd4856539a.jpg (1000x1485, 161K)

Any sort of depth to the gameplay makes games complex. Hollow knight has a ton of movement and combat options as well as good level design. Valdis story has a ton of movement options but truly excels in the combat. I'm getting the impression you don't care about combat though.

In Metroidvanias I don't care about combat since none of them have good combat. Any beat em up is more complex.

Yeah there is a shortage, Ive played just about every jap run n gun and arcade racing game worth a shit, and only western devs put those games out now for instance. Japs also dont make games like Cloudbuilt, or FPS, or proper rpgs like Underrail. Legend of Grimrock > Etrian Odyssey too

Valdis story is more complex than many beatemups. Salt and sanctuary has good combat. Hollow knight has decent combat.

>mushroom straps
slut

Not sure about Valdis Story since I played that for a few hrs and dropped it but Salt and Sanctuary has garbage combat. Its just the braindead loop of Dark Souls except the only decent element which is dealing with multiple enemies at once is gone and has been replaced with some shitty juggles. And just like Dark Souls every fight is the same, you fight the first and last boss using the same strategy, only exception is the witch since you have to do some shmup style bullet streaming but thats it.

it's been fucking forever since I've seen this pic

Imagine having such a small dick you gotta act like you're better than everyone because you like games made by one country.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 12.25.04 PM.png (145x229, 40K)

Imagine being so insecure you equate someone shitting on indie games is a personal attack against you

Indies just copy old japanese games and try to add new gimmicks but have none of the charm.

Attached: ea4.webm (750x560, 2.89M)

what game

Lol too bad the game in your webm has nothing but charm, should have posted Rolling Thunder instead of that slow easy shit

Not every game has to be hard or fast to be good,try to be objective sometimes.

Onore no Shinzuru Michi wo Yuke

I bet faggot OP doesn't even play good japanese games

Games have to be engaging and standing around waiting for elevators to move is boring, even the first game had a quicker pace but the whole gimmick is a bad idea. Rolling Thunder took the core and vastly improved it removing the elevatr
or gimmick while keeping the cool shooting, thats why Returns borrows a lot from it.

>standing around waiting for elevators to move is boring
Try not having ADHD.

What is this Wizardry? Arcade games are supposed to cater to my brand of adhd

You act like waiting for an elevator takes more than a few seconds.

You know what is boring according to all reasonable standards? A game with a boring soundtrack,a game where you spend more time moving around your inventory than actually playing it,a game where everything looks the same,a game where you roam around a mostly empty map for no reason other than do stuff of secondary importance,a game with no objective.
The elevators in the game take a split second to move and you are still doing stuff like shooting or moving them up and down so yeah.

Youre acting like the game only has 1 elevator to wait for instead of dozens per level. Most people praising it hardly even play it, they just see the cool aesthetic and great ost and namedrop it in an attempt to come off as patrician. I hope you atleast got a 1cc

Yes it does. Easy can't be fun.

Sure but why are you bringing up all that when I clearly mentioned Rolling Thunder which has none of it? Rolling Thunder 2 has an even better OST than Elevator Action Returns
youtu.be/NzDEfgETNVQ

A game that is easy can still be great,a game that is too easy is not.
Elevator Action Returns is not too easy but is not that challenging either.

I beat it with however many continues the Saturn version gives you by default. Try not having ADHD or just getting good at the game, it's not like the game doesn't have a time limit.

>credit feeding
>getting good
LOL case in point. Did you just fucking do 1 playthrough of the game? Yikes

I'm obviously better at the game than you, Mr. the elevators take too long.

>credit feeding
>on a console game with preset credits

I doubt it desu since youre a credit feeder which is sad cause you should be way better at a game you supposedly love than people who dont even like it...unless you dont actually love it and are namedropping it for cred after doing 1 casual playthrough. Double yikes

>credit feeder
Where's your 1CC?

Of what, Elevator Action Returns? I dont even like the game why would I 1cc it? Its those who supposedly love and play the game that should do at least that, if not get some decent scores

If you've beaten the game and didn't 1CC it, what does that make you?

You don't beat a game by credit feeding you just play through it casually which is what I did and decided that it's not worth putting more time into. The mentality of the credit feeder on the other hand is doing shit like that other guy, getting through the game once using several continues and then posting it like he found the holy grail like a total poser. Atleast indie fags play the games they talk about lmao

So you're in fact a credit feeder yourself.

Lol if it makes you feel better, why do you namedrop games you don't play is the real question here

I'm not even the guy who posted the webm. I'm just someone who was amused that anyone would be so spastic they complained about the elevator times. I did beat the Saturn version though so I'm familiar with the game.

Those mushroom keychains are so fucking cute I just bought two of them.

>beat
lol there's that word again

Cute. I'm sure you've 1CC'd ever game you've ever discussed online. Oh wait.

Japs do worse games than porn and that's saying a lot considering the 99% screeching while censoring everything under the sun.

I feel bad for your taste, user.

Play fucking Phantom Breakers

Attached: these goggles do nothing.png (1153x925, 1.3M)

No but then I also don't go around saying I've beaten them. It's no wonder none of you fags cared about the elevators if you're doing a single casual playthrough instead of playing the game like it's meant to be played

>Plays western dogshit and feels bad for me
The irony

I have in fact beaten the Saturn version. It limits you to 3 continues and I beat it within that limit.
>a single casual playthrough instead of playing the game like it's meant to be played
>you just play through it casually which is what I did and decided that it's not worth putting more time into
You played the game more or less the same way as me and still bitch about the elevators because you're objectively worse at the game than me.

The difference between me and you is that I play games for 1cc's, no death runs, and scoring so these credit feeding runs are just checking if games are good enough to actually play. You stop at that casual playthrough, even for games you supposedly love. That's why I noticed the cancerous elevators while you did not, it's simply a difference in experience and perspective.

Factorio is indie, no?

Who are you to assess if the elevators are bad or not? You didn't beat the game.

Someone who has experience playing arcade games properly and thus being able to see blatant pace killers that will become a problem on repeated runs. Now tell me why you think constant wait times where you're doing nothing but waiting are ok with a game designed to be replayed over and over, all while only having done a casual playthrough of it, I'm listening

I beat the Saturn version which as a fixed continue limit, you credit fed the arcade version on MAME. My assessment is therefore more valid and I say that waiting for the elevators is such a minor aspect of the game that you have got to have ADHD to complain about it.

Unironically true.

thats how i feel about these censored games

i have such a massive backlog of pre-sjw games why would i complain about it

i'll just save my money and play something actually good

Huh? I credit fed the saturn version, MAME didn't even emulate it properly back when I played it. And see, I give very clear reasons, you give fuck all. Difference in experience shines through

This. PC-only fags usually have shittastes because of this; they never properly delve into pre-7th gen console/arcade libraries to find games to play and refine their tastes.

>Difference in experience shines through
The experience in having ADHD your whole life maybe.

pc emulation is what allowed me to even play all those games
i'm sure as fuck not paying premium for a 20 year old console that might not even work properly after all this time

Buy a Wii, PS3, and 3DS. Boom, you now have access to almost every single relevant system prior to the 7th generation (NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System, Genesis, PS1, PS2, PS3, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, and 3DS) through either native backwards compatibility or incredibly solid emulation (virtual console). Literally unlimited access to those console's entire libraries if you hack the systems too (which is piss easy). Buying those three systems would cost you less than upgrading a single part of your PC, and you'll never have to deal with shit emulation for systems like Gamecube and PS2 again.

>i'm sure as fuck not paying premium
>premium
Why are PC faggots so allergic to paying money for something? Even the intended way to play?

>for a 20 year old console that might not even work properly after all this time
If it boots and runs for an hour, it'll work for 1000+, more often than not. Consoles aren't finnicky, if it boots then it's good.

ps3 backward comparability blows. i know i won one

A lot of PC-only fags don't mess with emulation a ton. At most they play a few of the obvious "classics" (probably SNES games) through emulation and call it a day, never actually delving deep into a console's library like someone who actually owned the system is most likely to do.

Not to mention emulation for systems like PS1, Saturn, Dreamcast, is still hit or miss.

>intended way to play

no one gives a fuck especially the devs. if they did they'd release it in a way where people could play it without relying on ebay

PS3 has native PS1 hardware in it, that's fine. PS2 gets a bit rougher but it's still 90% fine. Even still PS2s are dirt fucking cheap and hacking them for HDD game loading is piss easy. There's no excuse.

>no one gives a fuck especially the devs
Have fun playing games like 999 through emulation/shitty remasters then.