Yeah, I’m thinking they're back

Yeah, I’m thinking they're back .

Attached: 3_Big_3D_Realms_Logo.jpg (1280x720, 57K)

Attached: wrath.webm (854x480, 2.72M)

After a cluster of nu-retro shooters in the last few years, Wrath looks like it's finally going to scratch the Quake itch. I'm in.

What's your issue with Dusk

tries hard to be like quake and fails miserably at it

Why do I even bother asking people here

how about devs make old style good FPS games with good graphics?

no?

all of this just seems lazy

because they don't need to and it costs way more resources and time, all those super high quality assets and detail is where the money goes in AAA games whereas good game design costs nothing

Actual poster you asked.

Dust was good, and i was happy to buy and play it. The theme wasn't "quake enough" for my personal taste, wrath appears to align with that better. I have nothing negative to say about dust as a general recommendation though.

fuck off zoomer
i was blasting through doom on uv and quake on nightmare when you weren't even a droplet of spunk in your uncle's testies
dusk is a poor imitation, lacks substance and feels fucking wimpy, like tossing marshmallows at someone
amid evil was better, but still didn't quite make it
wrath is finally looking like a worthy title
because they all aim for the "looks like quake!!!!!!" aesthetic and manage to look much worse because their walnut sized brains can't grapple the notion of design, aesthetic and artstyle consistency
making your shit lowres and lowpoly count doesn't automatically mean you look as good as quake

Attached: 1530216092099.jpg (590x601, 32K)

If i wanted to play a 90's shooter with 90's graphics i'd play a 90's shooter with 90's graphics...

Literally missing the point

>because they all aim for the "looks like quake!!!!!!" aesthetic and manage to look much worse because their walnut sized brains can't grapple the notion of design, aesthetic and artstyle consistency
making your shit lowres and lowpoly count doesn't automatically mean you look as good as quake

this sounds a lot like the lazy indie devs who make 8bit graphics games after year 2000

>NO MOM YOU DONT GET IT

Attached: 1556015574392.png (625x682, 125K)

what's the point then?

have sex

i did, why do you think you're here?

>whereas good game design costs nothing
Do you think the designers work for free?

>muh boomer meme
>muh gamer cred
>muh ignorance on the subject

>YOURE DUMB
>UR DUMB
>MISSING THE POINT
>ok so what's the point?
>SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU'RE IGNORANT

Attached: ptoooooooi.gif (313x413, 1.16M)

>Replying to a blatant shitposter trying to fit in
Everything about him reeks of a typical retarded Yea Forums shitposter trying to stir up shit.

I'm a boomer myself and think the new games are fine and I'm glad they're coming back.

seething
>I'm a boomer myself
cringe
dusk does nearly everything wrong and funny how you accuse me of being a shitposter trying to fit in when you're obviously doing the same by praising this piece of shit "hell yeah just like my quakes! i looked at screenshots and they reminded me of quake!!!!"

Attached: file.png (434x327, 41K)

What about nu-Doom?

nu-doom is doom 3 with ut2004 movement + ledge grabs

U mean doom 4

terrible game, nonsensical poorly thought out design and balancing
it has "epic grafix" and "brutal" music that tricks idiots into thinking it's actually good

>Tried Doom 4 sometime after it came out
>Didn't much like it
I just didn't really like the whole locked into an arena to fight waves of monsters.

Other than the UAC aesthetics, Doom 2016 and Doom 3 share no similarities. Especially not in terms of gameplay.

Yes

good is subjective

if you think Doom 4 is a good game you are a fucking idiot, simple as.

says who

The guy above you, are you brain damaged?

Imagine being so retarded you put a fucking watermark on your meme

Elaborate. Why is it so bad. Explain WHY lock in arenas are so awful. Use examples, be specific.

>walk into a room
>door closes until you kill all the monsters
>repeat
imagine being so retarded that you think i made this pic

Imagine being so retarded that you think I was actually talking to you

That describes Doom 4, not 3. Did you even play 3?

nigger are you actually factually retarded