Why do plebs like the Kirkhammer so much?

Why do plebs like the Kirkhammer so much?

Attached: 1548204731193.jpg (1200x1200, 339K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/71606468),
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's satisfying to hit anything with it. The stony smash sound it makes is too good.

I never hear anything about any other weapon. For my first BB run I want to do an arcane/dex build, but have never heard shit about the blades of mercy.

>Doing an arcane build in your first BB run
You don't get any arcane items until more than halfway through the game, and you don't get bloodstones until like 25% in. What, did you just see fire paper and think, "Oh yeah, I'm going to stack the fuck out of this." Bloodtinge is believable, since guns exist from the onset, but there's no justification for doing arcane until you know everything about the game or if you read a guide.

Hammers are never a bad choice

Attached: 372.gif (368x265, 1.79M)

it's literally just the classic souls greathammer sound effect though. But yeah it's so good that even Sekiro use the same sound for the axe

It's probably the coolest hammer in video games honestly

All I know is that Arcane is basically int but applies hunter tools which are just spells and that everyone goes Arcane/Str builds which means Ludwigs or Kirkhammer.
Being the contrarian, I wanted to know if there was a skill/arcane but there are only two weapons that Burial Blade and Blades of Mercy.

Kirkhammer is based but WHEEL is where the real fun begins

My nigga
Also BEAST CUTTER

Easy to get, fast, good damage, most standard early game sword + slow heavy hitting hammer. Kirkhammer and Ludwigs blade are most similar weapons to traditional sword/hammer/greatsword.

Patricians choice is pic realted

Attached: download.jpg (250x251, 14K)

None of my relatives is royalty of any country therefore I'm plebeian and I do not like this weapon. What now?

They really should have used a different noise for the axe

>When you're in the defiled chalice so you get 1 free spin of the wheel

HUGE wheel fan

Why don't you? Also, the kings weapon is right here

Attached: Tonitrus.jpg (408x409, 19K)

not what plebeian means but okay

WHO BEASTCUTTER HERE?

That shit would break in 3 hits IRL.

First time playing Bloodborne, just beat Father Gascoigne. Felt pretty satisfying. Do I go through Old Yharnam or get the crest from the shop in the Hunter's Dream first?

Attached: father pastalini.jpg (292x257, 19K)

It's cool as fuck, it's a bladed AND a blunt weapon, the click it makes when you transform one into another is very satisfying, did I mention it's cool as fuck ? Then again if I'm doing another playthrough I'd like to give the bloodletter a try because it's pretty slick looking too.

MEIN BROTHER

you know what also wouldn't work irl? magic

The entire dream would break in 3 hits IRL

literally not a single one of the truck weapons in bloodborne would function IRL. they exist to be cool you boring dweeb.

do NOT get the crest from the shop, you don't need to buy it. you can circle back to that later. keep your echoes. what's your build user?

your face would break in 3 hits IRL

Dont listen to that guy blades of mercy are op and fun as fuck pvp and pve

Bloodborne has magic?
rude
The Hunter Axe would work just fine.
true

I'm using the Saw Cleaver for now, feel pretty comfortable with it. Gonna try to stick with it as long as I can. So I go through Old Yharnam then?

I used it in my first failed attempt at the game
I used ludwigs holy blade and tonitrus in my real playthrough... Until i got the BEST weapon, the whirligig aka sawblade oreo/pizzatime
Instant hard on everytime

yeah. lots of areas in BB are actually technically optional (including old yharnam) but you're gonna want to hit them all so you can level up and get the items.

>bloodborne has magic?
how is this a question?

Agreed. Used it as my primary weapon once I find it early on first time playing/wondering. Paired it with fired buffed Whirligig Saw later on.

Attached: 1557691885629.jpg (952x1920, 314K)

>finally found, now to pull the sw-
>Ok turns out I'm not the chosen one.
>Ah fuck it, I'm taking the stone AND the sword, 2 in one

Kek

>Burial Blade and Blades of Mercy.
The Arcane damage you get from those is pretty negligible without bloodgems. I hope you're ready to spend 200 hours in the chalice dungeons.

this, there's a reason most people go for str/arc or skl/bld. also, the blades of mercy in general are kind of underwhelming because they're so cool but they're outclassed by other skill weapons IMO

real chads use the boomhammer

For me, it's the Amygdalan Arm.

ayy lmao

Attached: Kos Parasite.jpg (402x402, 37K)

I fucking hate how this is and the Burial Blade are NG+ weapons.

it's fun to use

Because they are plebs. Now observe this weapon of true connoisseurs.

Attached: 0c911b40d3a0505cd4c767c4d053fe6b.jpg (950x1350, 116K)

You can get both in NG

My first build in BB was STR/ARC, and it was fun and powerful as hell.

I know, but by the time you do the game's already over. You've beaten both final bosses.

WHY DOES IT DO SUCH SHIT DAMAGE

The hammer is always the best weapon

>Blocks you path*

Attached: boom_hammer.jpg (250x250, 7K)

You can get both in your first playthrough. To get the burial blade, you just use a bold hunter's mark after beating Gehrman (or let the Moon Presence kill you).

>stake driver but actually useful

Meant for:

If it was dealing whirlygig levels of damage while having that range then there would be no practical reasons to use other weapons anymore.

If you've never heard of the fucking pizza cutter, let alone Evelyn, Cannon and Chicage, you just aren't around discussion of this game enough.

Stake Driver is broken as fuck though if you know about timing.

i want to like it but god damn the dps on this is suffering, what the fuck

But you can get burial blade early using False Depth Chalices.

What? I thought people prefer Ludwig's Holy Blade. Well I enjoy it because I loved bashing motherfucker's with a giant slab of metal that could snap at the handle any moment. Also made Laurent easy as fuck.

>boomhammer is the coolest shit
>it is completely underwhelming
Fuck you From

Holy Blade was just wallmart version of the Moonlight Blade.

Anyone here still playing?

No, I might give it a go in the future but after getting used to 60 fps Dark Souls on my PC, it's hard to go back.

I play, but I don't pay for PS+

Finished with the game a week before sekiro came out, now im playing through DS2 again
Might do an Arcane build in the near future though

What do you mean?

Attached: 1537489970294.gif (500x281, 706K)

I stopped using it because I couldn't get over how retarded it is to roll with it on your back. The hunter must have jello instead of a spine and bones.

because you're not using blunt+ gems
Moreover, you're likely not usingbit as intended: club form for 1-2 targets, whip for 3+

Ah cool. Was looking for someone who will help me finish the game. I just killed the mysery niggas but the game didn't click to me yet. I just want to finish it asap to justify my purchase.

It's transformed charge attack turns it into an extremely powerful pile bunker, capable of shredding health bars in a single hit.

The secret to the Boom is thinking of its fire component as extra range, not damage. Ignore ARC til you have 50 STR, use blunt gems, use nothing but the charged cooked R2, one-hits and boss staggers all of the day bro

Soz dude...

If you wanna buy me a month of PS+, I can help you out in about 2 hours. I've beaten NG+6 (it's actually more, but it doesn't get harder after that), platinumed the game, collected every weapon, and leveled them all up to +10.

Pizza cutter is the true plebs weapon though, Kirkhammer is based

It's all good. I'll just look for some walkthrough/shortcuts to get to final boss quickly. I also got the lightning rod and I heard it is powerful against spider guy.

Attached: 1512989043693.gif (247x353, 949K)

7 out of 10 of my playthroughs have progressed so:

Pick Axe
Get Hammer
Get Driver
Rotate between the three til Amelia
Yoink Cutter and Boom
Rotate between Driver, Cutter and Boom til Logarius
Get WHEEL
Alternate between WHEEL and Driver til credits

grug smash

No clue, everyone knows it's a wet noodle. Tryhard immediately go for the blade instead, or just stay with their axe or cleaver. The hammer literally has no value

Standing offer for as long as I'm in the thread. Never had the opportunity to play online before, and feel like that could be fun, since I would level down to your level and have the boss increase in health.

based and wheelpilled

Because it's cool. It actually kind of sucks as a weapon until you get upwards of 40 strength, though,

I tried the wheel for a little bit after using the Kirkhammer for most of my run but it seems like it didn't have a lot of range and it's damage didn't seem like it was higher than my Kirkhammer.

And god bless those chalices. You can get all sorts of weapons early using them. I personally love being able to get the Blades of Mercy early without having to kill Eileen.

>using literally anything other cane, ever
Nothing like beating nightmarish creatures to death with a cane

MLG + Augur of Ebrietas = endless fun

Attached: Holy_Moonlight_Sword_Transforming.jpg (1599x893, 331K)

that's not ludwig's

Sure, do you lose any shit if we fail though? It's been months since I touched the game so I'll probably be a deadweight.

Strength weapons are for literal troglodytes.

I have no clue. I haven't ever played online. I'd have to look up how to find you.

one sec let me set a password and ring a bell

Kirkhammer/Ludwig's blade have highest dps in my experience, but wheel is a staggering machine and every slam feels heavy, unlike swords swings.

password is mWes and I am at Byrgebwerth. Would really appreciate if you could lead the way.

>>it is completely underwhelming
I mean, it's pretty simplistic, but it's fucking great.

Again, I don't have PS+. If you buy me a month, I can walk you through in about an hour and a half. Otherwise, I can't help. No big deal if you don't want to, though.

> it's a wet noodle
How can one man be so wrong?
You've never done a kirkhammer run, have you?

Attached: Hunter Kirk.jpg (720x888, 846K)

Ah crap, thought you were another guy. Maybe next time then.

No problem. Really, though, if you don't want to buy me PS+, the rest of the game isn't that hard. You got Rom, the One Reborn, Micolash (who you can literally cheese with the bowblade), Mergo's Wet Nurse, and that's it for the required bosses. I find the giant spider in the castle scarier than any of those bosses.

Not the user that looks for help but
>sure I can help
>only if you buy me ps+ :^)
you cheeky bugger

Sorry. I refuse to pay for it on principle, and I'm not gonna pay to help out someone else. I don't play online, so I don't really need it. I won't even get the benefits of picking Chalice dungeons, as I've already got all the weapons and runes.

why do plebs like the wheel? it doesn't do anything special

>Tfw can full heal rally from Laurence and Bloody Crow just by charging R2

Is the Threaded Cane the only good Skill based weapon or am I still missing other weapons of the same type?

>nothing special
Let me tell you sumthin about the wheel
>best scaling in STR, at least in the base game
>arguably the strongest ARC weapon
>primary weapon of fucking vampire hunters
>drenched in so much vileblood scum it became posessed by their spirits to enhance attack power
>you can REV IT
>R2s stagger literally everything, no matter how big
>is actually TWO wheels in one
>you get to smash some tryhard dexfag with a fucking wheel
>can be used as a replacement in case one of your wagons wheels breaks

I like the Rakuyo a lot.

>MyStErY nIgGaS

Rakuyo is top wife material
as is her owner

Attached: Maria_.jpg (707x1000, 222K)

Based

why was it so good bros?

Attached: 00200.jpg (1357x1920, 794K)

>feel like replaying Bloodborne
>remember bloodvials grind

threddit cane is the best weapon, and I'll still call it the threddit cane anyway, fite me

>hit range even smaller than my penis

Wow, such powerful!

rakuyoniggers deserve a kiss from a wheel going 60mp/h. Best SKL weapon is the church pick anyway

It removes vileniggers.

>Being the contrarian, I wanted to know if there was a skill/arcane but there are only two weapons that Burial Blade and Blades of Mercy.
Don't bother. The arcane scaling on BB and BoM is so minimal, that you're beter off just pumping points into skill. If you actually want to use arcane, go arc/str (Holy Moonlight Sword) or full arc (Kos Parasite).

Church pick and Rakuyo are my top 2 favorite weapons. The only thing I hate about the Church Pick is the follow up to the fully charged heavy attack. A lot of the time, it does literally nothing (although it's super satisfying when it actually connects).

You're already know the bosses dumb, you should be able to beat them in less than 5 tries.

>he doesn't know about the hacked chalices
OH NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHA

>The arcane scaling on BB and BoM is so minimal, that you're beter off just pumping points into skill
You can use gems to convert it into arcane scaling weapons, no?

Attached: ayyyy.png (371x434, 253K)

those weapons are terrible to convert into bolt/fire weapons because of the split damage they have to begin with, same as amygdalan arm
pure physical weapons are the best to convert to ARC and even then some have terrible ARC scaling if you do that, church pick has shitty ARC scaling while threaded cane has great ARC scaling, etc

Any tips against mystery negroes? Doing a low BL (BL10) run through the game. They're pushing my shit in.

Attached: Shadow.of.Yharnam.full.2136277.jpg (800x642, 286K)

Any difficult boss that I could not parry took usually 5+ tries, and even then me winning was usually a flook, even when I knew what to do.

I used it to smash those fags with the sacks

>flook
Do you mean fluke?

I always kill the caster, then the melee, then the other one. Dk if this is the best strategy though. Stay close to the last one so he doesn't summon the sneks, and it's pretty easy

Should have gone arcane/str build.

Focus on the asshole without a sword first. Then keep the other two more or less even, as it will keep them from going into snake form for as long as possible.

The longer you drag the fight on, the tougher it will be.

>not doing whole runs with the same weapon
low iq af

Man I loved this weapon's moveset.

Stay far away from the magic caster so he doesn't surprise you with a hit while you deal with the others.

This. Weapon whores must be punished.

Yeah, thanks for the correction. Europoor with english as a second language and all that.

But yeah, strangely enough none of the parry-able bosses gave me any trouble except Orphan.

never played this dark souls knockoff but hammers thend to be fun in any video games

i just used bolt paper and parried them until they died

Summon if you want easy mode. If not try to take out the sword nigga first. If I can recall I think that dude gets a move at half health where he can just knock the fuck outta from you with his snake arm and that shit comes out unannounced and fast. Somehow that was worse than the magic nigga's fire spam.

easier said than done
especially at low BL

playing my first run rn, redpill me on the wheel

My nigga

Farming for the right gems are dildos though. Fuckin Attack boost gems are rare as dicks.

see

Attached: logarius_executioner_3_by_timofeystepanov_dbow442-pre.jpg (786x1016, 73K)

it's cool but kind of slow. how much damage can you expect by endgame if you run there after Amelia and then main it?

gas coin > amelia > shadows > rom > big corpse > Kosm > nurse > 1/2 final boss(es)
pretty minimal, heh. but still more than 1/2 of the possible bosses so it's alright.

>beat gas coin
>cuddle up to the sack man
>run to tonitrus
that was hard

The emblem just lets you skip old yharnam and the aids boss at the bottom

Sack man doesn't appear until after you kill the BSB.

His point still stands
>kill Gascan
>rush to BSB
>reload area
>get SACKED
>????
>profit

How do you know where the tonitrus is if it's your first playthrough?

>was expecting warewolves and vampires
>no. heres cthulu shit

Not mad, but I wish there was more oppulant vampire shit

you can turn into a beastly nigga

Attached: beast claws.jpg (1280x1653, 184K)

Bloodborne fashion is the worst

cringing at your shit taste

Attached: axe_slam_dunk.jpg (1024x576, 66K)

don't you have some faggy fedora to be tipping?

How do you do that? I never found out. I got the claws and hit monsters with it which would make a bar fill up but it only made me look like a was a greasy stinking mother fucker and nothing else. What did I miss? I think I also had a beast rune equipped or some shit.

cringe

Attached: logarius_executioner_2_by_timofeystepanov_dbow42c-fullview.jpg (1023x755, 63K)

I will always love the Boom Hammer

Attached: hammering intensifies.webm (800x480, 1.08M)

The wheel the pizza cutter and the Moonlight Greatsword are the bedt weapons. The rest are too boring and normal

Gold Memeo

That cocking animation will never be not cool. Even better when you use the enemy's face to cock the hammer again.

>keep getting shit on by orphan
>fuck it
>bust out the beast CLAW
>equip furry rune
doesnt matter if you die in one hit if everything else is the same

post your favorite boss

Attached: yande.re 525212 bloodborne gun lady_maria_of_the_astral_clocktower sword wlop.jpg (4521x2259, 3.54M)

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 66K)

>pizza cutter
>not boring
the visual design of that thing is pretty great but in terms of gameplay it's one of the most boring ones. One handed stick becomes a two handed harder hitting stick

Muh nigga

>do the DLC right after Amelia
>horribly underleveled but get through to Ludwig
>fight him for 6 hours straight
>love every second of it
What a fucking amazing fight. The kino flowed through me that day.

That's the same noise as the fourth hit of the hunter axe untricked combo

>beat every single boss in ng+7
>beat every FRC chalice dungeon boss
>played through the game with almost every single weapon
>PvPed against every build and level
>know every item and enemy placement, character dialogue and every weapon attack
>just died to fucking witches of hemwick
Yeah time to uninstall

I've played Bloodborne once, missed one boss but beat everything else. Started with... Saw Cleaver I think, but switched to the Stake Driver once I got it because goddamn.

Dunno what it was about doing my first run with the driver, but nailing the big move on bosses was likely the most fun I've had in a FROM game.

did sl4 run?

Many people will never experience the rush of adrenaline and excitement of fighting Ludwig severely underpowered

Yea, orphan was a bitch tho

I don't, lend me one of yours

Any of you still co-oping/PvPing? If yes, which level range and what gear
I really don't want this game to die bros

>gets up out her chair
>jobs
Hows she your favourite boss? That fight is embarrassing

Yeah but its later in the game and its far more subdued than some of the stuff in DeS or the DaS series.

every time I try to use it, it just feels way too slow and does too little damage. I've beaten every other souls game multiple times with club/hammer/mace like weapons and they all felt solid, but something about kirkhammer feels off

>dex/arc
Go str arc and get the holy moonlight sword.

It takes a while to really get going but it has some of the highest ARs for your strength in the endgame, higher than pizza cutter (unless you fight beasts naturally)

hunter vs hunter fights are the most fun I've had in BB, so long as I didn't parry
Maria is probably the best in that regard, she's fast and her fight is like an elegant dance of dashes
her music only compliments it further
doing low BL against her just made me appreciate her fight more too

Attached: Lady.Maria..jpg (1241x784, 137K)

>Bloodborne has magic?
Uhhh...

>thrust damage to stab ayylmaos out of existence
>serrated damage to properly get rid of the scourge of the beasts
>holy damage to keep vileblood sluts in check
>scales with skill for the most part so it gets the added benefit of stronger viscerals
>None of this matters since saw cleaver and spear are the best options by far for DPS
Why is she so based, fellow hunters?

Attached: church pick.jpg (900x1300, 67K)

Maria and Friede should make out, just imho

I still don't understand why it gets serrated damage.

you dont have high enough insight to see the serration

>hunter vs hunter fights
fuuuuuuuuck you bloody crow

Stop being a parrying tryhard, stay at base END (as you should be anyway, for every run in BB), and experience the fight at a lower BL next time. She's fun.

Attached: maria hug.webm (1280x720, 2.15M)

oh, I should've clarified,I meant hunter boss fights
fuck bloody cuckhold

Attached: BloodBorne-Dark-Souls-фэндомы-bloody-crow-of-cainhurst-3944117.jpg (711x942, 98K)

The aesthetics of the kirkhammer are dope, the sound effect is satisfying, it and the the vanilla Ludwig's Holy Blade have an extra transforming attack exclusive to just those two (gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/71606468), it has an hidden affinity of extra damage against enemies of the Healing Church like other set of Holy weapons that make mincemeat of some parts of the game while the weapon is in sword mode, and lastly while transformed it has the capability of stunlocking enemies with charges no matter the size. You can effectively cheese NPC hunters with the Kirkhammer charge.

Kirkhammer is one of the best weapons in Bloodborne.

Attached: VDiZE2x.png (425x474, 94K)

Attached: ....jpg (600x337, 35K)

this is what happens when you only have one game for your system
you go fucking insane replaying it over and over

On that note, I discovered through Googling that you can cheese the Defiled Chalice Dungeon bosses with Simon's Bowblade equipped with max attack/charge blood gems and snipe away at the difficult boss fights like Amydagla. I just did it lmao. So add Simon's Winblade to the list of goodies.

Attached: 6BkNOku.jpg (706x1024, 70K)

kill yourself

>have to beat the entire dlc as a fucking arcane build to use this
>also need a rune
It's not really worth it

>Blood Rapture Run
>SKL/BLT
>Maxed out Evelyn
>Chikage
>Beasthunter Saif as a backup
>pimped out with Chalice Dungeons gems
>Eileen's torso, Cainhurst Helm, Bone Ash Arms and Legs

It was pretty fun to parry god everything and do insane damage on viscerals, using blood rapture to recover lost hp from the use of Chikage

>giant spider
drops before everything else, stab with a Shaman Bone Blade. Either clears all the small spiders or gets murdered by her children. Either way you win

>that one time a friend was stuck on Orphan of Kos
>me and a buddy helped him with our memebuilds of beastclaw/beastmode and parasite/cauliflower head

Hunter vs Hunter fights are some of the worst designed things in the game.
"haha wouldn't it be cool if the player had to fight an enemy that could do what THEY do?"
"haha yea but lets give them infinite bullets and stamina, removing the two things that restrict the player character, and make it so they can auto-parry"
"YES! and lets also pump their stats too so it's a LONG unfair fight"

>I find the giant spider in the castle scarier

Same. I hate that spider room in the Nightmare Frontier. I hate all the spiders in the chalice dungeons. Never ever randomize the dungeons because you could get a giant spider to spawn like the one in the nightmare frontier. Also red spiders lmao why why why. What's its name the retarded spider and its offspring don't bother me in the slightest, though.

You need the beast ruin. You have to fight a guy in the dlc to get it though you'll know when you meet him.

>ad hominem
I own a PC, you console warring retard. There's various builds and weapons to test out. Why the hell would you not play through the game again?

The only thing I outright cheesed was the Meme of Memehurst and I don't regret it. Fuck that bullshit

Just visceral them.

>the fights is good! you just have to restrict yourself!

Attached: costanza.png (500x365, 241K)

>Stay at base end
low end faggots should jump off a cliff. Feels good having high end and mauling them to death in PvP because they expect me to have it low too.
Chikage hunter in the cathedral is actually a way better fight, he actually uses his gun too, unlike Maria and isn't even considered a boss by the game.

Play ring-around-the-tombstone, picking them off one by one. It's there for a reason

>having to go past base END
>ever
BB's stamina is sufficient from the start. On top of that, the regen is really fast.

>Crow
>good

He's harder than Maria but not because it's well designed he just has a 99 BLT infinite gun that one-shots you at close range

It's an RPG faggot. Like any JRPG, usually hard encounters can be unsatisfying if your stats are too high.

This broken murder festival on a stick brought tears of joy to my eyes.

Attached: 91yiD6TvRiL._SX425_.jpg (425x286, 22K)

Valid arguement if we were talking about fighting her at 99 everything and expecting the fight to be good.
Maria is just an easy and boring fight, regardless of your stats when fighting her. The user's excuse of saying you need to have your stats a certain way to really enjoy it was just too retarded to let slide.

If you take that away from him, he still heals himself, uses numbing mist, is capable of parrying you and isn't nearly as weak to sidestep and parrying as Maria is.

It's a wheel
A giant fucking wheel
A giant fucking wheel you can infuse with the souls of the damned

but she's harder at lower BL

Thats relative, as is everything else, but only if you're shit

What exactly is controversial about my post, dumb namefag?

>he still heals himself
Once, while you can heal 20 times at the very least
>uses numbing mist
it's slow as hell and easily avoidable
>is capable of parrying you
True, the real issue are the infinite bullets though. I'd say Hodrick in DS3 has a far higher chance of parrying you

>anti-maria brigade still in full force for 3 years
I'll never not stop liking her fight. Not everything needs to be fucking laurence tier difficulty.
No wonder you fags will never appreciate Demon's Souls' bosses.

Attached: 1557583189108.jpg (1200x1049, 161K)

>pvping in bloodborne
>attack twice
>pretend to be out of stamina
>dumb host takes the bait
>punish their impatient asses
>this happens multiple times in the same fight
40 end+all 3 anti clockwise runes is the ultimate redpill

I love the fight but I hate people who praise and talk about it like it's something it isn't: a very difficult fight.

Its from Medievil.