Pathologic 2 - May 23rd... Who's ready for based Russian kino?

>there will be new quests, events, and plotlines, and some filler quests that were added for the sake of adding something will be rid of.
>Graphics will be much better. We'll do everything we can so that the game looks adequate even ten years from now.
>Gameplay will be way more balanced. We're not talking about making it simpler and survival easier, mind you; but fights used to be annoying rather than tense and emotional, scavenging was very rudimentary, and the economy of a plagued town was hardly a system at all. We plan to change all that, making all these mechanics robust. That doesn't mean the game'll become a breeze, it just means we'll replace artificial challenges with real ones.
>Street NPCs will have advanced AIs that'll make them feel way more alive. Once again, we're not abandoning the concept of them being "extras" in this play, we just want those extras to perform better.
>We'll also add realistic behavior patterns to the disease.

Attached: pathologic2.jpg (460x215, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mYwzxaGD6tg
steamcommunity.com/app/505230/discussions/0/1679190184068022112/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

> In the new Pathologic, we're introducing a way, way less one-dimensional disease system. It will work dynamically. It will change things. It will become a separate layer of the narrative. The desire to spoil some of its more curious aspects is excruciating, but we'll still our hands. One example is that you will not necessarily be always up to date with the processes happening within your own body—and evaluating your own state will become a part of the game.

>Events instead of quests and tasks. Have you ever met a person—only to be asked to repair their torn relationship with a family member two days after you've first seen one another? And to be freaking paid for your troubles? It happens once in a while—but video games seem to believe that this is normal behavior. It's not. Moreover, in real life, people tend to set their own goals. We're introducing such a system to Pathologic—a system where you will very rarely be asked to do something. Most oftenly, you will simply be made aware of events unfolding, but it will be up to you whether (and how) to participate. That does not mean that there'll be no rewards—just like in real life, proactivity leads to certain benefits. But figuring out what to do will be part of the challenge

>ou will influence the NPCs' fates. In the old Pathologic, there were precisely two cases of you choosing the fate of the Bound people—and it was a life-or-death choice in both cases. Well, now you'll get a chance to become more involved. Did you participate? Did you set them straight? Did you offer an advice that lead them to an unfortunate outcome? There’s nothing groundbreaking here, but being able to influence the fates of those around you fits so well with the structure of Pathologic that we couldn’t help introducing it

Can't fucking wait

man, i started the haruspex route two days ago but I really am out of shape for this kind of experience. walking around the city looses its novelty after you've spent >20h in the first route and you've lmemorized every song, and I'm ashamed to not be able to finish it because burakh is so fucking based and i love it's relationship with all the ritualistic aspects of the game.

i think i will wait for the remake to start it.

Will it still have the same cool soundtrack? It really added to the atmosphere.

youtube.com/watch?v=mYwzxaGD6tg

based
same composer, different soundtrack

that game has too fucking many texts. its actually too many. its not a game i want to play

so is this still episodic? How will that work? Haven't heard anything about that in months.

And does anyone know how long this will be?

Nobody cares about your pretentious snorefest, nigga, go back to shilling it on russian chans.

>tfw terrible performance

brainlets need not apply

game will come w/ haruspex as first character, it's the full game, at least 24 hours (there are 12 days and it's 2 hours of game time a day) if you never die or fuck up and reload a save... the other two playable characters will come later (hence the 'episodic' part is just the other characters, the entire haruspex story is there)

latest demo ran really well for me on beautiful settings

the absolute state of Yea Forums
holy shit the r****it memes are real

Attached: michael.png (833x638, 756K)

post rig bb

I always wanted to play this series but never bothered, should I play the first one or just get this instead

i7-6700k, 16gb RAM, rx580 8gb, ran it off an SSD

at this point just get this instead, it's has more streamlined UI, reworked quests etc. read the OP and the first post for how this is different.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
I DON'T WANT TO BUILD A NEW PC FOR ONE GAME

Attached: mfw Dead Space 3.jpg (1000x1126, 384K)

Haven't play the first one (only the beginning, got bored). Hoyld I try to play again or better wait for this second game? Dunno if is a continuation or a remake or anything

Keep in mind it's actually a terrible game but one that will stay with you forever.

The Marbles Nest ran horrendously, I hope that the actual release is well optimized

The composer isn't the same, the music is written by Theodor Bastard, they weren't in the first game.

Dont bother with the first, it has the shittiest gameplay of any game that isnt a walking sim. Only the atmosphere was good

It's going to be released on consoles.

It isn't. They basically haven't improved it at all. I do wonder how it would run with the recommended specs.
Guess again, only some of the games soundtrack was done by Theodor Bastard. I assume the rest is done by the same guy, not familiar with who did the original soundtrack. The complete tracklisting is on the Steam store page for the OST DLC.

alright thanks for the info

>Keep in mind it's actually a terrible game

eh? no? the original is bad in parts and janky yes, but so is EYE and it's in the same ballpark of "one of the best worst games ever" like EYE and Deadly Premonition..

besides, this is about 2, the reimagining, and the demo is night and day compared to the original in terms of clunkiness and ease of use

>plural
Oh, sweet summer child.
I only have a PC. This is the first game I've had massive performance problems with, worse than Dishonored 2, and good console exclusives are too few and far between to justify buying one.

2 is a remake/reimagining

>It isn't.

I've heard people had issues with the demo, but I had nothing glaring like crashing, bad framerate or stuttering. Everyone I've talked to that had issues was using an HDD.

Intredasting. I'd be willing to install an SSD.

according to the dev on steam:

>Demo is based on 2 months old build that was created prior some major optimization patches. It should be comfortable to play it on min. spec systems and higher (see updated specs on steam page)

sauce
please
i need to see it for myself

Attached: sugar glider having trouble with fan.webm (236x426, 678K)

Can't wait, finally some good game.

steamcommunity.com/app/505230/discussions/0/1679190184068022112/

last post in thread

highly based, take this

Attached: yous before Jews.jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

bump