Why the fuck is this a tag on steam? Do we, "gamers" just assume that the protag is małe in vidya?

Why the fuck is this a tag on steam? Do we, "gamers" just assume that the protag is małe in vidya?

Attached: ZMERRm.png (631x299, 196K)

people tag the games not the devs

Thx Anita, very cool

When you're on sad panda, you precisely filter things to show stuff with females, don't you?

most games have male protagonists, yes.

sadpanda? what's that?

Attached: 0eb.jpg (768x1024, 90K)

I'm glad, it lets me know which games to avoid

You can't. There is no "male protagonist" tag in Steam.

No, you just filter out yaoi shit once and you're done.

you're also all assuming that the main character is female with this tag

what if she identifies as male, that's pretty rude

Yes? What's your point?
>female:[tag]

Aren't the tags made by users? Start tagging games with "male protagonist" enough and it'll show up.

Devs tag their games too. And dev tags have more weight, they always take precedence over user tags. The way the system works is dev added tags are give priority and then everything else is weighted according to the number of users who have added the tag. Custom tags are useless. Nobody sees them. They have no influence on categorization or search results.

There's two sets of tags, "approved tags" and "unapproved tags". Approved tags are ones Valve has given the okay to. They show up publicly to everyone. Unapproved tags don't show up to anyone but the person who added the tag. They are pointless. You could ask Valve to make a male protagonist tag but if they wanted to they probably would have done so already.

well there isn't black protagonist tag

Why are you using it?

Because male protagonist is the default.

Good

It's for feminists to filter out what games are ok by the higher ups to play. It doesn't concern you.

what the fuck is that currency?

>using sadpanda in 2019

I just do language:english then whatever fetish I feel like at the time. Don't care if it's male or female

Third world muslim has a problem with the female protagonist tag, big surprise eh

That tag is for masturbation, not feminism.

Imagine being an incel and a muslim, holy shit.

It's a trigger warning for incels

2019 Yea Forums getting triggered by a word. This place has gone full circle becoming the very same fragile snowflake community this place used to make fun of.

It helps me find cute anime girl games

this

Attached: 1513804523504.png (1035x813, 1.56M)

the playstation magazine advertised tomb raider the same way back then
its nothing new

I love my video game wife!

OP here, it is not my pic, I am too lazy to make one myself, so I just googled it

I wish.
Have to filter out other gay shit like traps or shemales or gender bender or futa, yes for some reason it has both shemale and futa tags.

I assume the protag is duży

No, I precisely filter stuff with males.

Just marketing
The same way that "non-white" is marketed to hopefully sell

It's just a tag, user. More clickbait shit by scumbag devs who can't make good games

No, it's assumed that the bigger target is male. That assumes that a male player will lean towards playing a male character.
Therefore, the deviation would be a male player wanting to play a female character or a female player wanting to play a female character. Hence the tag.

Underrated