Starting Bloodborne

Just started this game a few days ago, I just started the forbidden woods but am overall feeling kind of overwhelmed and lost by the game in manner of difficulty and just how unclear it is on what you're supposed to do. Any advice, pointers or must-find secrets for a beginner? So far the bosses I've beaten are Cleric Beast (which led to nothing?), Father G, Vicar Amelia, and the witch (which also just led to a dead end). I found a big invisible thing after killing some hunters but immediately died and I'm not sure what the point is. Also, is insight totally pointless if you're playing offline?

Attached: avatar.jpg (640x640, 449K)

Also I feel like I thoroughly searched old yharnam but found no bosses or remarkable loot/quests or progression. Am I missing something? I killed the hunter there, not sure if that matters.

Keep going through the Forbidden Woods, follow the path, travel mainly downhill and across the river, use shiny coins to mark your path if you're getting lost. You should eventually find some mystery niggas in black, fight them, and you'll be at the next area.
Insight is a currency. It also makes you more vulnerable to Frenzy damage. It is not necessary to proceed through the game and doesn't help you to have large amounts of it stored UNLESS you want to see the side effect.

>feeling lost and overwhelmed
You're supposed to

Jokes aside, just check a playthrough for the next step, do keep in mind that most of the bosses in this game can be completed in whatever order you want.

>is insight useless outside of online
No, your perception will change and some new things pop up in the game, only small changes though. Their main use is the insight shop in the hunters dream for special outfits etc.

Cleric Beast unlocked the key to open the gate to Amelia. Witches gave you the rune tool. Also you missed BSB. Honestly just drop the game. You're clearly fucking retarded, so you'll never appreciate this thinking man's game.

You indeed missed the boss there, retard.

So it's entirely non-linear? Is there even a storyline? When I killed Amelia I got some weird flashback of two people who I knew nothing about previously, that's the only semblance to a plot I've experienced so far. Haven't played any of the Souls games and tried to avoid any spoilers so I'm entirely ignorant of the nuances.

>So it's entirely non-linear? Is there even a storyline?
Jesus christ dude, sorry but you're a lost cause. Unironically stop playing and play something like Spiderman.

Attached: 1515570914295.jpg (720x736, 32K)

>MiStErY nIgGaS

>I just started the forbidden woods but am overall feeling kind of overwhelmed and lost by the game in manner of difficulty and just how unclear it is on what you're supposed to do.

Everyone does at one point and that's the best part of the game.
You will ruin your experience by looking for advices, guides. Just make a blind first playthrough, if you are really stuck, then look on the internet. But otherwise don't.

There is a storyline. user honestly we've already said too much, I cheated myself out of much of the enjoyment of DS1 by spoiling parts of the adventure myself beforehand by looking up advice, keep powering through it by yourself and it becomes a lot much more rewarding experience. You've already got info to go on with.

There is literally no better feeling in any vidya than getting lost in the Forbidden Woods. Such an atmospheric and strange place, in my 6th playthrough I'm still finding new shortcuts and ways to traverse it. It was the most immersive forest I've ever been into in a video game.
Yes it could have used more enemy variety and shit, but the level design is just too good. The sound is 10/10 as well. I didn't read the rest of the OP just wanted to shill my favorite place.

As others have mentioned, insight makes some invisible things visible (like that giant thing you ran into), changes the attacks of some enemies, can be used as currency, and makes you weaker to frenzy, which tanks 75% of your total health all at once.

You also missed the blood thirsty beast in old yharnam. You also missed the Charred Hunter Garb, and potentially the badge that the hunter drops.

Alright, I didn't know that being lost and confused was common and thought I was just widely missing things and totally fucking up. Obviously it's a lot more vague and cryptic than your average RPG and I haven't played any of the predecessors since 90% of what I hear is "LOL it's SO HARD! Prepare to die a million times" but the combat seems to be fair so far. Thanks for the actual advice as opposed the the other elitist spergs.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense actually. The witch and the giant sponge head thing were the only invisible things I've encountered so far, but insight being tied to it explains a lot.

No it's not completely non-linear, yes there is a storyline, its just subtle about it.
Now go play the game and stop ruining it for yourself.

Hijacking your thread for a second.

How do I beat genichiro? that third phase is ridiculous.

Attached: 1557799736720.jpg (780x768, 279K)

no probs, let the thread die and go have fun
you can either keep pushing through forbidden woods to fight its area boss or you can go back to old yharnam to its lowest point and fight bloodstarved beast there
take anti-poison stuff along with you to BSB

Why would you try to get someone to stop playing a based game like Bloodborne, what a faggot

Alright, how do I get to the lowest level though? I felt like I tried everything. Is the beast that thing hanging from the church ceiling? Does something activate it? Will take advice and abandon thread soon.

When you're at the bottom it's a pretty straight forward path from the church to the BSB. Just keep going until you find a long cathedral in a graveyard

>Is the beast that thing hanging from the church ceiling? Does something activate it?
Nah, that is just a thing that looks like the boss.

In that church you're in, the front door on its lowest level exits to the main streets, keep exploring around there and you'll find the way to the lowest chapel at the bottom of a hill.

Those creatures that the Witches summoned were also tied to insight outside of the boss battle. If it's high enough (I think it's 20), they will spawn all over Hemwick Charnel Lane. Otherwise, they won't appear at all.

It's a pretty straight forward path. When you leave the chapel with that beast being cruicified, if you turn left, you get a bunch of crows and a dead end. If you go right, you'll find a ladder back up to where the ladder to the gatling hunter was, as well as a path to go further. You'll know you are on the right track if you bump into wolf beasts.

It's very fair if you can react quickly and be very aggressive to get your health back. Also if you have any problems with the weapon variety, get the DLC, it adds a shitload of new weapons you can get rather early (as soon as you get to Forbidden Woods you can access the DLC)
Beast Cutter > all others

Sick thanks.

I thought they might of just spawned after the Vicar fight for some reason, but that makes more sense.

Oh cool, didn't know this.

>might of

More like Boom Hammer > all others

I'm more a fan of the Rakuyo, personally.