IGN's 4th Greatest RPG Of All Time

Do you agree Yea Forums?

Attached: Gen Wunners Win Again.jpg (1124x892, 173K)

Pokemon was never good

Not even the 4th best of the series.
But then again, what would you expect from IGN?

Yes, Gen 1 is the best game of all time. Nothing even comes close, Gen 2 was a downgrade from a design standpoint

not an rpg
not a good game

Attached: image_proxy.jpg (474x355, 49K)

I mean, if this list was made in 1998 then yeah sure. Gen 1 is awful by today’s standards. If you gave Red version to a kid today they would hate it.

KKKKAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1556861947629.png (703x800, 37K)

The original game was pretty incredible for its time and it spawned one of the highest grossing franchises on the planet. While the game itself is kind of archaic at this point, I think it's fair to rank it as one of the greatest RPG games given its history and influence.

Attached: 1529630834252.png (923x713, 16K)

Kanto? KANTO?? DID SOMEBODY SAY KAAAAAAAANTOOOOOOOOO?

Attached: Kanto.gif (722x720, 1.17M)

This. It depends on what your definition of “greatest” is.

I agree with this. I wouldn't go back and play it, since it's been superseded by firered and leafgreen, but it's definitely important enough to have a spot on a list like that.

Attached: yikes.jpg (515x515, 50K)

People will hate on it but it really was a revolutionary game up their with Pong, Rogue, Donkey Kong, Crysis, Metal Gear, etc

>Pokeman
>Red/Blue (1998)
What did they mean by this?

>legend of dragoon isn't on the list
shit taste.

fpbp
Imagine playing Pokemon after 10.

It's important but the actual game is busted to fuck and back.

Whats their argument?

Ash wasn't even in that game

You can't spell ignorant without IGN

I guess if they're just judging by what it started. G/S/C Were much better games that was the real reason pokemon got big.

What kind of "role" do you play in a Pokémon game? Where's the customisation? The immersion? It's not an RPG.