In all honesty and seriousness from an objective point of view

who won?

Attached: IMG_6673.jpg (655x393, 14K)

nobody

Switch is dogshit from a sheer home console point of view.

No one, 8th gen was trash. It will go down as the Fortnite generation.

In terms of hardware sales.
>4th place
Wii U
>3rd place
Xbox
>2nd place
Switch (at the moment, too early to tell if it will surpass PS4 yet)
>1st place
PS4

In terms of software sales.
>4th place
Xbox
>3rd place
Wii U
>2nd place
PS4
>1st place
Switch

>Explanation for Wii U above Xbox in software sales
Honestly for how small the install base was for the Wii U software generally sold well for the system. Probably because the user base is more dedicated than other user bases. Same goes for Switch but that's less surprising because it has a much larger install base than the Wii U.

Xbox if you like home consoles
Switch if you like handhelds
Switch hasn't passed up xbox yet

I'd guess the PS4, though despite it's sales it's still pretty lackluster. I think the Switch will probably beat it since it already has as many good exclusives. Sony wins if they make Gravity Rush 3 though.

Xbox is the best console by a fair measure, but ps4 beat it by a fair measure anyways.

No one. Wii U died, Xbox has nothing, Switch is a shit console and Sony decided fuck japan and got infected by commiefornia.
Worst generation yet.

It's gonna though. That's not a jab at the Xbox, I think gamers really didn't trust Microsoft after the initial reveal. Even when they did everything to win people back. Sony got off scott free with the PS3 because they had Japan on their side during their stupidest and to be frank they didn't deserve that recovery. Xbox did.

How was Gravity Rush 2 compared to 1? I heard 1 was good but flawed, does 2 do anything to alleviate any of the bad parts of 1?

How does switch have so many game sales when their library is entirely ports?

Switch is a 9th gen portable. Wii U was Nintendo's 8th gen console. Nintendo does not make home consoles anymore.

How did Xbox win anything? They've been largely a non-player this gen. sales wise they're lagging massively behind PS4 and they don't have really any good titles.

Imagine being this in denial and sucking up to Yea Forums's faggot culture so much.
The PS4 is a better multiplat machine than the Switch. The one advantage the Switch has over everything else are indies, because regardless if you play them docked or undocked, their is virtually no difference. I do think portability is overrated with the rather poor battery life, but eh. And I disagree about the exclusives. I think the only two must-own Switch exclusives out now are Xenoblade 2 and Smash. I think it might hit PS4 numbers if Nintendo stays true to their word in the sense that they will support the system for a decade. It's first-party is very lackluster to me, whereas I think you're missing out if you haven't played Bloodborne, and meme it up all you want, the PS4 is worth it for that game alone.

Xbox is the strongest console, best resolution, back compat, game pass, and best multi plats. I prefer ps4 for the exclusives, but if I didn't care about exclusives or was a halo fan, I'd be all over xb instead.

Because their ports people want.

I like that each one has a white icon and a basic color. It's pleasing to look at.

I like it better. I get the sense that some Vitafags are bitter the series didn't stay portable, so some talk shit about 2. All the reasons I've seen for it are so nitpicky it feels like they're trying to prove something rather than defend their opinion.

Basically, 2 expands on the world of one by introducing another world basically, by giving you different gravity styles, and the online component of treasure hunting, sending mission challenges to other players, and seeing ghosts in the mines added a bunch to the game. Not to mention that the game's story is fucking phenomenal.

PS4, because the xbone is worthless and the switch is an old port machine with some new nintendo games. I wouldn't be happy at all if I only owned a switch, I'd be fine if I just had a ps4.

Nobody bought a WiiU or even know it exists so it doesn't matter.

Yeah, people really wanted a bunch of years old ports at higher than reasonable prices and often laden with glitches.

They're basically mass effect 3 endings, and just as garbage. I don't want to pick red blue or green, I want a meaningful choice that leads to something quality. Not just best of the shit stack

I miss the soul the logos of consoles(like the Playstation logo pre 2009, the Gamecube logo, and the original Xbox logo). Newer console logo feel kinda bland nowadays(the Switch one is decent though because it communicates the idea of the switch perfectly)

For every wii u port the switch has, there's like 8-12 other ports at least from other systems.

Say what you will about Don M.
He bought the games.

>when their library is entirely ports?
Why would you just go on the internet and lie?

If you want multiplats at high resolution you'd just get a PC. Xbox doesn't even get multiplats of good games like Yakuza

I ment to reply to

My switch library is like 70% ports and most of the rest are multiplats.

It's starting to lose its luster. I need new shit every once in a while.

Because people like the portability.
You guys can try and push the meme that its too big but that's the main reason and there's nothing you can do to change that.

Where can I go to yell about video games on the internet? I would just like to open my face hole metaphorically speaking and just turn open the faucet of hype and just just the whole internet with unfiltered enthusiasm for advance technology enabling me to play with fancy shooting dolls? Where can I go to scream at the top of my lungs about Halo Battle Royal No effect Spark E-Sports, Console games that allow mods and all the other pie in the sky hype?

Objectively? The Gen hasn't properly ended, you cannot properly declare a winner yet.

You'll be surprised at how many young people haven't played these games before and are excited to be playing them for the first time. Gaming on the AAA front was honestly better in the 7th gen so it's a breath of fresh air to see something old but proven good to come to a newer console. Most modern AAA is thrash and the few good ones have been coming to Switch so it's not that much of a loss.

Pc is more expensive, and some people much prefer console. Average 'casual' cares about sports shit and cod mostly, or the new big bethesda title type shit. The super mainstream AAA that gets released on every platform

It's a great generation to not be a poorfag. I have a switch for when I'm not home. I have a playstation for playing with friends and exclusives. I have an Xbox for backwards compatibility for all the good Xbox/360 games and best console graphics. I have a pc for staregy and niche games. It's fucking great bros.

Attached: 5f0.jpg (423x566, 30K)

Do you live in a gated community too? Did daddy pay for your Gender Studies degree?

No one "wins" you underage idiot. Save for the companies that scalpel our games content while you keep buying them.
People like those who are concerned about "who won" are part of the problem.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-17-13-39-35-1.png (338x421, 236K)

Xbox automatically lost by having no exclusives so no reason to buy it. Anyone who thinks otherwise or doesn't realize this is retarded.

Attached: Half+the+characters+arent+even+human+but+its+not+diverse+_f3920738895a8cc83a1b04afa81d48b3.jpg (699x456, 74K)

The PS4 sold the most sofware as well

Can you really count the Switch? Shouldn't it be the Wii U that it in the competition. I feel like the Switch should be up against PS5 and whatever the next Xbox is.

All shit.

>In terms of software sales.
It's PS4 since most sold games are on PS4.

have sex

Sony has won all home console generations.

We all won but also mostly lost. It's all about preference on how hard you want it from behind and how little of a reach around you get.

-Switch
Pros
>actually did something interesting this gen instead of just making an ugly, under powered PC to put on your now bare entertainment center
>Ok library
>that you can all play anywhere

Cons
>no dpad
>cost is comparable to its competition when it shouldn't be
>online is the worse abomination ever seen in gaming
>focuses more on ports that giving us more glorious Zeldas and Marios

-Xbone
Pros
>the One X model is the most powerful home console currently
>controller is better than the awful 360 controller

Cons
>somehow has an even worse library than the original Xbox, and this is coming right after being the must own console of prior gen
>original presentation was so bad and tone deaf (sports, sports, sports, TV, sports), most people bailed on microshit before this gen even started
>now has a SAD model which shows Microsoft is still trying to scam you by seeing if they can get away with eliminating any control you had over your games

-PS4
Pros
>has a few games worth getting

Cons
>what it uniquely offers in its library is almost as abysmal as the PS3's exclusives
>somehow more frail than a switch
>DS4 is a huge downgrade from DS3 and DS2
>Sony are still a bunch of anti-consumer cunts

Attached: 7605158477426.jpg (499x750, 150K)

PS4 > Xbox One > Wii U
Switch isn't a part of this generation. This gen was shit. Can I really call the Switch and next Xbox a generation console?

My intentions for this board are to yell about video games at the top of my lungs metaphorically speaking.
2020 has got to be the most exciting time for gamers.
I have an autism when it comes to spending money on more than one graphics card.
I refuse to trust my ability to play a game on patches and my ability to put a computer together. That might change, especially if I somehow get twenty thousand dollars of disposable income.
Why pimpworld so mad?

Evidence that I am the only one here:
Quality of spelling
Obvious shills attacking any non-shills with an organized shaming and accusations of shill
Strangely timed bans
Lack of repetitive E3 hype one would expect for a place humans congregate
Lack of money talk, purchase budget plans or Destiny story cravings

Almost every port that it has is also on other current-gen systems. None of what you said seems accurate.

No, OP is just a retard, I don't even think the Switch or the next Xbox can even be considered generations anymore.

Microsoft always wins
Sony won the "who sold the most consoles at a lost" contest

Attached: netincomes.jpg (757x222, 53K)

Both of those incomes are not based solely on their games division.
Microsoft makes bank on it's software with it's OS' and shit.
Sony's only department that nets them money is the video games department while everything else they have bleeds money annually.