ITT: series that deserve a good game

ITT: series that deserve a good game

Attached: Bookset.jpg (824x901, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1712870805
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1roLOB8OZm34XjzVyDmH5fyWiPKGYy8i9EzRuhBMZauo/edit#gid=0
goodreads.com/list/show/3948.Best_Fantasy_Books_with_Gay_Main_Characters
youtube.com/watch?v=5fxsRySVGFc
youtube.com/watch?v=O8ES_ElI6Wg
youtube.com/watch?v=ahoHDU0T44I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol normie faggot

It also deserves a good TV series, but that won't happen.

How would it work as a game?

just play go the Witcher games and fuck off

The amount of salt from last night's episode

Attached: o-SALT-PILE-facebook.jpg (2000x1000, 417K)

>a bunch of promising shit which leads to nothing
Just play MGSV

Just play CK2 mod

It was truly kino

Attached: Specopsthe throne.png (1024x596, 850K)

Sonic the Hedgehog.

Attached: super sanic spin attack.gif (526x445, 233K)

Just play Mount and Blade mods.

I will never understand the appeal of this franchise.

Search your feelings, you know it to be true

Attached: way-kings-stormlight-archive-brandon-sanderson-cover.jpg (1440x900, 152K)

Don't know shit about this series aside from everyone dies. Is it actually worth a read or is it just your usual shlock normalfags eat up like Harry Potter but 'for adults'?

poppin a sick dab

Oh what i would give for a well made Black Company videogame.

Attached: black company.jpg (220x364, 25K)

Reminder that the author is a kosher mormon soiboy pulp writer who will never write anything that goes beyond PG13 in terms of content.

i don't like that little goblin girl

How do we live in a world where a semi-niche polish fantasy series gets an entire trilogy of highly acclaimed and successful games and becomes a touchstone of modern vidya culture, while ASOIAF doesn't have anything comparable?

It seems like CK2, Total War, and M&B modders are the only ones who give a shit.

SHE TURNED US INTO FUCKING KILLERS

the mods for CK2 and M&B are great
with Bannerlord coming out probably next year (inb4) it'll have more dynastic and political gameplay in addition from what we know actually making sieges interesting there will undoubtedly be an ASOIAF mod for it and it'll probably be the best gameplay there could be for the series

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1712870805

I was more annoyed at Tyrion acting like a complete retard than anything else, they really murdered all the characters this season (both literally and figuratively)

exclusively play this mod as High Valyrians

The last book was fucking bad which is why he got a writer's block and can't finish the series.
Absolute fucking trash taste kys faggot.
Fucking based series.

Attached: 62292._UY475_SS475_.jpg (475x475, 45K)

>with Bannerlord coming out probably next year
HAHAAHAH

Someone make a RTS I cant wait to micro crazy mages

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: NOOOOOOOO.jpg (680x706, 39K)

But seriously.
A modded Bannerlord made to look like ASOIAF would be my dream game.

Books 1-3 are pretty good if you like fantasy, 4 is trash and 5 is mediocre
Book 4 was fucking awful, 5 was at least serviceable with a few good chapters. Selmy shouldn't have died in the show.

>with Bannerlord coming out probably next year

Attached: 1431375195005.gif (285x235, 947K)

I heard that TWoW and ADoS are supposed to be as long as the last 4 books put together.

Malazanfag here. The world deserves a game of some sort. Don't really care about the genre. RTS. RPG. TBS. Adventure game. Whatever. It should NOT cover the events of the books though. Theres so much other stuff to cover.
Good taste user.

Attached: Memories of Ice.jpg (301x500, 36K)

This entire season has destroyed the story, primarily The Battle of Winterfell. Last night's episode was actually the only good one this season, but the way they handled the Night King and wight walkers was so awful that the entire series is retroactively destroyed.

I think I read something that said 1,500 pages each? Not sure though. Last 4 books put together would be something like 4000 pages

I wonder what the sub-faction dynamics will be like
and hopefully there's a hierarchy structures of Lords

Inaccurate. The 1500 page manuscripts will be long but more than likely won't beat his longest book by more than 100 words.

I'm not into GoT, what happened that got so many people upset?

Generally this whole season has ended character arcs in ways that either destroy the arc itself or are generally unsatisfying, going for spectacle over story.
Someone said that the characters used to drive the plot, and now the plot drives the character.

do yourself a favor and get on. early GoT is max comfy. it turns into full feminist propaganda around s6. s8 is trash

The feminist icon protagonist went crazy and torched an entire city, complete with nice close up shots of women and children being burned alive.

It really shouldn't be surprising that the last season ends up shit as the series has been bad for a while. Especially after the source material dried up. Before then it was just mediocre. The first season was alright.

Not really; but, an official Mount and Blade, Total War, or Crusader Kings conversion expansion would be cool

Attached: 1557719806472.png (820x545, 720K)

Retards who never understood the story or characters are bitching that their favorite "feminist" power fantasy turned out to be the main villain and a Hitler-tier mass murdering psychopath even though this has been foreshadowed regularly that she would eventually snap from episode one. Now SJW's and roastie single moms who named their kids after her are losing their shit. It's hilarious.

I almost liked last nights episode. But the jump from conqueror to genocide-r seemed especially stupid. I agree with the writer's decision to have her destroy the city. But the civilians burning should have been more of an afterthought of her rage. Her targeting civilians before going after Cersei even just didn't make sense. I get that the writers wanted her to be crazy. And she was. But the leap was dumb. Like with the mad king he was okay until he was kidnapped. Then he slowly started to lose it. He got paranoid because there were people after him. Then he had a decent into madness that lasted years. The peak of which led to him attempting to burn the city down was only because he lost. Instead it was
>from my point of view the civilians are evil

Attached: From my point of view I have the high ground.jpg (800x500, 51K)

Malazan would make for a hell of a Total War game.

How will the books have Stanis die?

>infernal soul stealing carnival management sim
could be fun

Attached: Johannes_Cabal_the_Necromancer_(book_cover).jpg (246x373, 99K)

the CK2 mod is already of such high quality I don't see the point for an official expansion though paradox would obviously love to make money off of it
the M&B ones could use work but they're ok, especially A Clash of Kings

Myth

>and now the plot drives the character.
And it's not even good plotting, which is what makes this show a dumpster fire.
It's so predictable and lame how everything turned out.

Attached: IMG_20190513_141956.png (534x326, 15K)

Attached: giphy.gif (400x208, 1.01M)

Attached: logo-new[1].png (1100x254, 103K)

It's true that the quality of writing went down after they had to continue on past the books and make things up to finish the story, but they have done so in horrible fashion here. They made all the wrong choices and the quality of this season is leagues below the rest of the series. It's embarrassingly bad now whereas before it had quite high production value and quality control. They pulled a Last Jedi and went for MUH SUBVERSION as all Jew hacks do. But what Daenerys did last night was the only thing anyone in the show has actually done in character all season and was clearly what she was being built up to from her first scenes back in season 1.

the board game is good, no joke

>tfw no malazan engineers to throw moranth munitions at numerically superior forces

Attached: RIP.jpg (600x255, 27K)

Redwall

Attached: Redwall-Sword.jpg (1200x865, 201K)

>turned out to be the main villain and a Hitler-tier mass murdering psychopath
>close up shots of women and children being burned alive
Hot damn, now that's what I call entertainment. If the entire series had been like this I'd have watced that shit from the start.

probably after the ice battle, if the next book ever comes out, his 20 good men or a minor northern lord like the horse sigil bitch Theon talks to in book 5, will betray and kill him. It will parallel with Jon's death; but, he won't get resurrected.
Although, gurm could go full fanservice at this point to get the fans back on his side after the drought and have Stannis win a pyrric victory as he dies and give the throne to Sansa or someone

All the people she killed before yesterday's episode weren't innocent.

Myth 1 and 2
amazing games

Attached: 127-myth-the-fallen-lords-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x922, 157K)

I feel the eunic warrior committing war crimes stabbing surrendered unarmed soldiers is also bad and being over looked. The fuck was his problem? He doesn't even have mental illness as an excuse or a dick to jusyify anger at losing that chick.

>Randyll and Dickon weren't innocent

There was nothing stupid about it, it was always what the character was destined to do because she has never been a hero or good person. She is as mentally ill, cruel, and power hungry as her father was and the entire series has been her slow descent further and further into madness culminating with two of her oldest and closest friends dying within the span of a few days/weeks of each other and her lover rejecting her. It finally causes her to snap and be exactly who the story has always built her toward. It made perfect sense and was perfectly executed.

Season 1 was the best I agree. But I thought the mistakes made during 2-4 were forgivable and was overall good television. 5 was upsetting. 6 hurt. 7...

I liked the actors especially anyone that played someone with the last name of Lannister. A shame the writing was so shitty because the actors did such a fantastic job polishing a turd. Reminds me of pic related honestly.

Attached: marky mark.jpg (791x704, 36K)

Eh, no-one should hope to get that.
Normies will not buy it unless they can see their recognizable celebrities and game that either has you being a random faggot in the middle of the tv-series, or you doing dialogue options while playing as Peter Dinklage will never be fun.
And those are the 2 options there are, hell I think there are some games that do just that.

>let's mix literally all generic fantasy shit we can, to a 1 to 1 earth map and have them fight eachothers
>don't worry we'll write A LOT of lore to the wiki, it's interesting we promise
>somehow comparable to got

>Varys: Hey this Dany chick is bad news, I think she's gonna do something terrible because I've seen this pattern of behavior before.
>Tyrion: I know you're literally the closest thing I have to a friend and intellectual equal and I'm only standing here because you risked your life to get me out of King's Landing, but that's treason bro. Eat shit and die.

I don't even care about Dragon Hitler but holy fuck, it's like every other main character suddenly got lobotomized.

>A Clash of Kings

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531~01~01~03~01~01~01~02~01~01~01~01~01~01~01~01.jpg (680x680, 105K)

3 > 1 > 2 > 5 > 4

This is the objectively correct ranking.

That guy's character has been utterly assassinated this season. A couple weeks ago they turned him into a pathetic coward who abandons his forces to the walkers so he can run and hide in the castle and then last night he slaughters unarmed surrendering soldiers and innocents. They have turned him into by far the most craven and awful character in the show and I can't wait to watch him die next week.

I thought everyone was loving Stannis as the hero king after his actions at the wall saving everyone. Also doesn't he have the best forces right now, too good to lose without some kind of trick? Am I completely remembering wrong?

You know what would be better?
a combination of CK2 but whit some type of gameplay where you can:
1) be part of the battles
or/and
2)Many people can play in the same "country" or duchy,maybe adding that you , as character can travel to county to county (but not making a first person gameplay, as it could lose it charms)

I agree on paper. I've known since season 2 where she was heading. But the jump to civilian mass murder felt rushed.

They probably should rip off Assassin's Creed premise for easy normie money.
>Player character is Bran or some other raven
>Warg into different characters of past to see cool shit

Attached: 1557701375599.jpg (828x626, 38K)

Gotta throw in some shock factor to keep the normies interested.

>felt rushed

Definition of this season. They could have easily spaced this out with double the episodes or another season. The stuff with the wight walkers and winter ended way too soon, and it was the whole central point and overarching plot of the entire story from minute one. It rendered everything that happened before, pointless filler and left us with a much more trivial and irrelevant conflict to close it out. But "rushed" could describe a lot of things about this show for a number of seasons now, such as how everyone travels distances that would takes days/weeks/months with horses and sailing ships in mere hours. The writers are pretty much the biggest hacks in Hollywood now, literally Rian Johnson tier which makes sense because they're buddies.

It's called the difference between being a good ideas guy and a good writer.

Dany went nuclear

>Total War: Game of Thrones
This is the future you choose

Yeah. I like them all though. I even really like book 4. My only issue with 4/5 is that he takes so much time with world building and setup which I absolutely love, I'm a malazanfag that when a story doesn't get very far it gets frustrating. Not necessarily a criticism of the book itself. but by release. When a book doesn't come out while we are getting closer and closer to ten years.

Mount and Blade mods but add permadeath for your character

Attached: the last feast.jpg (2100x800, 1.22M)

In the Book version, didn't things fall apart around her when she become negligent and complacent?

d-do you like this one?

Attached: cute goblin.jpg (1300x1839, 1.23M)

As a lame-ass nitpicker who's been complaining about changes from the books ever since the start of season two, hearing everyone else finally turning on the show isn't as satisfying as I thought it would be.

Isn't a game being made?

It's because Poland is the true shining example of European excellence and all other explanations are mere cope.

I do

It has one.

Attached: xx4qYn1.png (1600x900, 2.2M)

the author of this hates Kaladin with passion

>Taking a dump on Jamie's character development

It's a good series barring the wait for an actual ending. And I think the constant statements of everyone dying is hyperbole.

There's still a fair amount of death, but it's not the blatant and random shock value that HBO fans make the whole series out to be.

which led to this

Attached: sunset.jpg (960x557, 127K)

The same reason why we live in a world where the last 11 years the biggest movie franchise in the world has been the Marvel film series and we still haven't gotten any games to go along with it. The idiots in charge don't know how to use the property or are too cheap to make it.

I think Dunk and Egg are more fit for a spin-off adaption honestly.

There whole thing is random standalone misadventures to play around with.

>doesn't he have the best forces right now
Stannis was Lord of the sparsely populated eastern islands and lost most of his meagre manpower at the Blackwater. He gets some new men in the North; but, the ultimate loyalties of these men probably lie with the Starks or Bloodraven. It's unlikely he'll survive until the Iron Bank mercs can join him.
He get's good morale after the battle with the Wildling's; but, is losing it due to Winter setting in and his poor logistics. Ultimately, he'll be betrayed because gurm is too bluepilled for him to win, him not being in the first book is a giveaway that he probably isn't an endgame force, and he'll die by betrayal because he's too good a commander to die in battle and being betrayeds would be fitting given how autistic he is to other people.

Attached: stannis.png (1278x719, 952K)

call me retarded but where's a good place to watch this online? i want to watch the first few episodes for a laugh but i'm not paying hulu a cent

All I really want from the next book is for it not to shit on Stannis that the way that the show constantly did. I always felt like the show-runners straight up hated his character for some reason.

I don't blame you for not following the dripfeed of shit devblogs; but, permadeath has already been confirmed.

Ah so this is why she's called Desynteris.

Someone has jerked it to this. You didn't, right user?

It's crazy how show Stannis is VS book Stannis, I tell people I'm a Stannis fan and they go "The guy that burns his fucking daughter?" and I'm like "shit"

I'm in a similar boat but I love the outrage now. First I was angry but now I'm laughing at/with all the people that used to defend D&D. I was commenting on changes throughout and expressed disappointment in a lot of them. I lost it when D&D made Jaime into a rapist. My friends are like
>well yeah whatever
I didn't like fan service Brienne vs Mountain
>friends thought it was cool
Then when Stannis burned his daughter
>They're like well Jon is the good guy so its fine
Brienne kills Stannis because she has to show up everywhere
>they're like oh well
Sansa getting raped and not telling Jon about this whole other army in battle of the bastards
>friends start to catch on
Season 7
>friends get mad. People in general express disappointment
Season 8
>everyone mad. everyone knows

I love it now.

Attached: 098_v4_ba.jpg (600x577, 99K)

I'm probably get shit for this, but whatever, no way in hell I'm going to Yea Forums for recommendations. Is there a good book, set on a fantasy setting, whose protagonist is gay and doesn't has a bittersweet ending?

Attached: Screenshot_72.png (462x616, 539K)

>show is famous for shock values like important character dying or doing harsh things
>normies act surprised when his happens

I hate normies

>Asmodeus... Asmodeus...

Attached: nervous fear.jpg (240x232, 7K)

The biggest disservice is what they did to Barristan. I'll never forgive D&D for that shit.

I think a part of me feels bad for them, simply because you can tell there was a lot of floundering from show-writers who hoped that there would be another book to adapt long before this point, only to have to fly solo with whatever they had on hand.

Dalinar a best.
Shallan a shit.

Yay! I like you

Attached: goblina.jpg (965x965, 168K)

Nigga, last one was pure kino

Kallor did nothing wrong

God I fucking love starting as a Lyseni pirate who conquers the stepstones and conquers the iron isalnds before converting to the Drowned God faith,

This is a pretty good idea.

>whose protagonist is gay and doesn't has a bittersweet ending?
The best written homosexuals are from Malazan Book of the Fallen but thats more nihilistic with a hint of bittersweet ending. In general fags piss me off but Steven Erikson's fag characters are okay.

The first three seasons were fucking great because they took their time and cared about the source material. After that though, it's a complete waste of fucking time.

The bible

The problem isn't the harsh things, the problem is shit writing.

>implying it wasn't shit from start

Well he was IN the wrong at the end of book 3. But in the end IJ was far more valuable dead and Kallor was based either way

>Randyll and Dickon weren't given a choice

Yeah, I genuinely liked Feast for Crows for taking a step back from everything for soft-spoken character development and exploring how the war had affected the common folk that everyone else had forgotten about.

It's really slow on the first read though, and it's pretty frustrating reading certain Brienne chapters when we knew that her entire journey was basically a wild goose chase from day one.

The "everyone dies" aspect is way overblown. People die a little more than usual, but you have to remember a lot of normalfags reading/watching are used to works of fiction that are very hesitant to kill off any characters that aren't evil.

God help 'em if they ever try reading The Black Company.

One of the two main protagonists in The Thousand Names series is a dyke.
Might not be what you're looking for.

Homosexuality is a crima against god, don't say you weren't warned when you are in hell, faggot.

The writting and descriptions are way too simplistic.

>the ultimate loyalties of these men probably lie with the Starks or Bloodraven.
>Bloodraven
cannot get what you're trying to imply here

Not him but I'm looking for a new fantasy series. How good is that one overall?

I'm almost done with the first 2 books, kind of hard to follow because of the protagonist but the world seems really interesting.

Attached: 60211.jpg (318x463, 61K)

Not the central protagonist, but one of the two main leads in The Fifth Season was tragic old gay man.

Don't think the series has ended yet though. Only read the first book.

I enjoyed it, but I'm easy to please.
It's very inspired by Napoleon's campaigns. I enjoyed that it had guns and other 18th century level tech instead of the permanent medieval level that the stereotypical fantasy story has.

iirc, haven't read Dance since it came out, the mountain Flint tribesman are implied to be mystics secretly loyal to a third party

This, well at least the books will have a better ending.

I stopped reading fiction books when I was 15 and realized that no protagonist would ever fall for his best friend. Seems like nothing has changed since. Back to non fiction, codexes and bestiaries it is then.

Attached: 0 out of 5 bretty sad.png (550x893, 9K)

>Randyll and Dickon
Randyll was a fucking turn-coat (he fought for Targs during Baratheon rebellion, he was a vassal of Highgarden and didn't bat an eye when Lannisters suggested him to betray Tyrells, and after all that bullshit he talks about MUH HONOUR?) and an idiot, also he was a high-ranking enemy officer. Fuck that guy.

>Back to non fiction, codexes and bestiaries it is then.
Based.

That's actually kind of hot.

Attached: 91npjUXXkzL.jpg (1661x2560, 744K)

Man how have the later books been? Book 4 didn't do it for me.

I'll be a wizard soon enough user, gotta have my runes, spells and lore well memorized.

Not him. I didn't think that was a possibility. I'm still not very convinced of that train of thought. But I hardly remember that mountain flint tribesmen. I'll just wait on the books... that I hope come out someday.

>You will never had a bro friendship like goblin and one-eye

I'm just a novice myself. You inspire me.

It would need to have a good book series then too.

If the books ever even get finished which is looking less and less likely as the years go by. But yeah, at least the winter and walkers will be the finale instead of this trivial shit. Although Dany is definitely still going to be a villain since she has blatantly always been on track for it.

Thats really specific and it makes me laugh.

Someday...

Attached: usagi_yojimbo_1_second_print_VF.jpg (982x1543, 194K)

They're making a metric shitton of money riding on the coattails of asoiaf. It doesn't matter that the mainstream audience is just now realizing the show is garbage. I wouldn't feel that bad.

This, Myth is basically a better version of the first book.

Attached: You_4e6df3_6658828.jpg (1200x900, 315K)

It may take more time though like years when she's old of age, like her late father. If I can wait for Berserk to finish, I can wait for this.

A Song of Ice and Fire feels like Berserk when it comes to being a cursed series.

Dresden Files. I'm a sucker for that urban fantasy trash, but it is legit. I never read past like book 8 though.

At least Berserk has had one decent adaptation.

I'm only two books in but I want to explore this world and slay infernals/have the choice to graft shit. It would be awesome. Even as a TTRPG system.

Attached: The Vagrant.jpg (1600x2377, 383K)

Guts and Casca will bring the Boltons to justice someday.

I miss Myth. I recently found my cd of the soundtrack. Goddamn Marty's a bro.

Attached: marty 2.jpg (1200x800, 50K)

This. Fuck D&D tmblr tier fanfiction, this show used to be good until S4. The only fun of it now is seeing the trainwreck and normie's saltmines.

>Normies and brainlets finally understanding the show's shit writing
Fucking beatiful. But then they're mad only because it something they did not like.

Can't wait for the fireworks this week.

Attached: 1557112157264.jpg (1065x742, 65K)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1roLOB8OZm34XjzVyDmH5fyWiPKGYy8i9EzRuhBMZauo/edit#gid=0

Some light Googling brought this up. Not sure if it is what you are looking for but hope it helps.

Attached: 1555297541924.jpg (680x680, 53K)

GRRM has both books finished but struck a deal with HBO to not release them before the show is finished

The only thing i know or care about is that there's a little gay sex in there, but it's safe to assume all of those lads are minor, and die too.

Attached: 1557704891336.png (610x950, 1.32M)

Should I read The Black Company if I love Myth?

>people are revolting over Dany attacking the city despite her entire character arc foreshadowing her slowly following in her family's footsteps to initiate war for the sake of stealing the throne back
Don't know how to feel about that being the thing people are up in arms over. I've been complaining about the show for ages, but I always assumed that that was kind of the foregone conclusion of her story.

I was more bitter about the idea of Jaime being turned into a rapist, or Stannis losing to 20 good men, or Sansa being handed off to Ramsay for little to no reason.

When I'm old.

True GOT was good for a time but then went to shit.

I thought it was until S5. S5 was when they started shitting on the books more.

I'd recommend reading at least the first three books.

Yes, I know there are several good ones already. The fact that there hasn't been a decent game about Middle-Earth since fucking Conquest is a tragedy.

Attached: ltr_book.png (700x700, 678K)

I miss Pandemic.

Attached: atat.png (560x380, 349K)

Only correct answer.

Proper comparison

>Both will most likely never have an ending
>Both have/had long hiatus were people died waiting
>(If an ending does happen)Both will be most likely dissapointing due to not meeting the expectation.
>Post yfw

Attached: 1557115067654.jpg (626x537, 35K)

God why are the covers of older fantasy novels always so fucking aesthetic?

That whole theory's bull honky. What would HBO even have to gain from that? The hype over the book's release would just generate more hype for the franchise as a whole.

They should have adapted Dany's explosive diarrhea.

You could realistically make dozens of good games from the works of Tolkien with very little overlap.

Are the Witcher books any good? I'm really into the games right now and the lore sounds really interesting to me.

Im just mad they did fucked my boy Jaime's plot arc up and cut-up Cleaganebowl with Arya running through the city. Dany's megalomania was the only thing that went right

For real. Fuck that new style they are shitting out. More than anything I miss 80s and pre 80s science fiction and fantasy covers.

Does someone at hbo have a hard-on for that goblina or something? There was absolutely no point to Arya in that whole episode yet the camera kept cutting away to her.

Muslims need to leave this thread

Female character who has been presented as the hero turned out to actually be the most evil character in the story.

The only way they could have done Jaime's story right would have been for him to kill Cersei, but for him to do that she would still have to be a psychotic villain that needed to be stopped and in the face of Dany Cersei just isn't. I wanted a heroic end for him too, but honestly, what we got was still pretty good and fitting. At least he killed that fag Euron.

Attached: soul.jpg (913x1477, 302K)

Attached: even more soul.jpg (2777x1789, 2.13M)

Haven't watched the show since season 4 but I already knew she was fucked up. Everyone's a fucking brainlet

This. They had the balls for the Oberyn death, They had the balls for Theon's dicking and Balon's scene: They could easily show this.

Also Stoneheart.

Attached: soul2.jpg (600x699, 311K)

Need to show her learn to hate Danny so they can have Arya decide to kill her.

He only burnt his daughter so D&D could get the normies to justify their writing of his character in season 5 and thank them for killing him off.

Even Stephen Dillane said he had no idea what the fuck he was doing in Season 5.

I enjoyed it. You can really see how much Bungie stole from it. It's less horror themed and it gets kind of silly in the later books, but it's entertaining, and it has waifu Soulblighter.

Attached: Soulcatcher_by_Mikey_Patch_(Irontree).jpg (1024x1454, 150K)

Attached: 1557796591166.png (1200x800, 565K)

5/10

Need some chicken.

just poppin in to say GRRM is a hack, please forward my (you)'s to my secretary's office

there he is

>Calls her a waifu
>Doesn't get the name right

show is good up until s5 though

Soulblighter is Myth's version of the character.

Attached: myth-2-soulblighter-art.jpg (1134x1316, 1.3M)

Shit, sorry about that.

Attached: 1536612816715.jpg (1042x730, 134K)

Voyager got a pretty good one with Elite Force.

AAA publishers don't like licensed games anymore. If they're gonna invest a bunch of money, they'd rather own the IP.

>First few episodes for some laughs
Just don't watch it.

???

It tells me nothing about the works's quality. The problem isn't that there is no fiction story with a gay protagonist, the problem is that often times the people who write those stories put the concept of tokenism first and quality writing third.

To be fair it's a lot easier to get your hands on a small lesser known IP than a multi-million dollar property like ASOIAF.

The guys at CD Projekt Red didn't even have to pay the author of the Witcher royalties, because he didn't believe a game of his books would sell anything so he asked for a lump sum.

>surrendered unarmed soldiers

I mean they're probably not gonna stay surrendered if they don't have a guarantee that they'll be taken alive. Once Dany started burning shit that guarantee is gone.

Not for videogames, fucking Telltale games got it. I bet GRRRRRUM licenses it for a full subway card.

Then he tried to sue them because the games sold a fuckton.

>It made perfect sense and was perfectly executed.
If it were from the books. It helps that Book Varys doesn't even support her to begin with.

I always wondered who pushed for all the HBO fan-service in the Telltale game. Was it a contract requirement that they had to bend the story over backwards to fit in as many fan favorites as they could, or were higher-ups just banking on the game selling because Ramsay's face was on the store page?

This. In fact, I think that tokenism impedes good writing. I'm not sure if I'm red-pilled or not, but hamfisting certain tropes just because leaves such a sour taste in my mouth

yeah my only problem with the slower pace of books 4 and 5 is that the climactic battles got moved to book 6 which still isn't out

The One True King is the best way to play the game

After Telltale crashed and burned, it came out that they never really made a profit since The Walking Dead S1. They kept buying these licenses in hope that their games would sell on brand recognition alone, but it never worked.
I suppose they were trying to advertise their most famous franchise at that specific time.

Shitty books and a shitty series.

If you honestly think the white walkers are going to be the final battle, you're retarded. I'm sure they won't go down like a bitch in the books, and they'll probably make it a lot further down south, but Dany is absolutely going to end up being the final boss.

It's because they're doing it for the wrong reasons. The writing, dialogue, plot and pacing has been shit since season 6. They're only mad that they somehow didn't see the mad queen arc from a mile away and their yasqueen feminist fantasy is finally over.

You really should ask this question on r/Fantasy or some other major genre discussion forum. SJW is the name of the game in genre fiction right now and there's bound to be something about happy gay people written recently. Just don't stay there too long, you'll grow retarded.
Most people here are into older stuff.

>Boris Vallejo's art
>Jane Gaskell
Based and soulpilled

Yeah. It's D&D. They want her to do everything and have a shit ton of screentime because they think she's just so badass.

Stannis is absolutely going to burn Shireen in the books as well, but it's not going to be over a light snow. Likely, he'll find himself surrounded by the army of the dead, and Melisandre will convince him it's their only hope.

Malazan Book of the Fallen and the other books in the setting are all pretty great. I think the closest we have to a Malazan game are the Dominions series.

The only gay one I can think of off the top of my head was Skulldeath and he was a trap.

Attached: Siege_Of_Pale.jpg (864x432, 66K)

Not to mention it's implied that she's going to be the one to kill Dany

Nah. More likely Stannis leaves to deal with stuff. When he's gone shit gets bad and the fire priestess and all the religious light followers sacrifice his daughter. When he returns he is pissed and begins executions and it turns into a huge shitshow as his army destroys itself.

NO NO NO NO NO

this does not need a game the most I'll give is an animated TV series but that is it

Attached: 1553644065248.png (640x480, 558K)

It indeed does. I've yet to see a good story with a gay protag, normally on games, when the character is hot I just let my dick take the wheel and shut my brain for a while. But while reading books?

Leak says Jon does it.

Its shit

>stannis will never have his rightful throne with davos and gendry by his side

Attached: superion wept.jpg (618x937, 427K)

user on Yea Forums says, when asked for book recommendation:
>Check Reddit

F U C K
Y O U

Nightrunner Series by Lynn Flewelling
Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner
The Valdemar Series by Mercedes Lackey has shitton of gay/lesbian characters
also check this list,sometimes goodreads is useful
>goodreads.com/list/show/3948.Best_Fantasy_Books_with_Gay_Main_Characters

He never had a chance. He was painted as a bad choice in the books from the beginning. Man wanted to outlaw brothels for fucks sake.

The leaks have been wrong every episode

Attached: lolita.jpg (518x800, 163K)

Hope the books have a better ending.
If they ever end.

Take 7 seasons of character development and setup.
Now make those characters act completely differently and all events unfold in a way that annihilates all the setup.
You got last night's episode.

The leak has been 100% right so far.

Why is it always a female writer?

The Telltale season was decent, though it'll never have a S2 to resolve all the plotlines. Episode 5 had two different episodes based on who you chose to survive.
youtube.com/watch?v=5fxsRySVGFc

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

That would be completely ignoring the buildup in his story, his arguments with Davos over how sacrifice is never easy and how saving one child is not worth losing millions of other people

This

Genuinely a very good book. Don't let the memes scare you off.

Male writers can't get pussy IRL so they get it in their little world. Women can have dick anytime so they can sometimes write something else.

Most philosophical books are written by dudes who don't get any pussy, and they're about philosophy, not pussy.

Stannis flaw is being too strict and rigid. If his men committed a crime of killing his daughter behind his back for their god, he would give into this flaw and not relent deliver punishment at his detriment. You are crazy if you think the show was right to have him kill his daughter for a god because she's just one girl to save many men.

back to that dead general with you slave

Attached: 1541829904412.jpg (286x251, 10K)

I would like Stannis more if he turned out to be a hypocrite who betrays his own philosophies because his love for his daughter is too strong. After all, he's the King Who Cared.

The show wasn't right in their approach to it, because they were just trying it the bookmark of "GRRM told us Stannis burns Shireen." They hated Stannis as a character, and never understood him.

Stannis is currently in full "save the realm before you rule the realm" mode. If he gets into a hopeless situation during the war for the dawn, where they're all likely going to die anyway, but there's even a chance that burning shireen would save them all, Stannis would do it. The ultimate goal of his story is sacrifice. And sacrifice is never easy.

Philosophy doesn't count, we're talking fantasy here. Also, you haven't been paying close attention.

It was easily the worst TT game I've played. The other games at least give you the illusion of your choices mattering on your first playthrough, but in GoT you can feel the rails under your feet at all times. As for the story, it's pure stylistic hackwork; they tried to capture GRRM's shock factor with no understanding of why the audience cares.

I thought there were good moments, but Telltale's big fake-out choices were getting a bit frustrating at that point, and I wish that they were able to tell more of their own story in the same setting rather than rely so much on the show's popularity with a bunch of cameos and Stark lookalikes.

But even so I think it's a shame to have the season set up and never being able to explore any more of its potential after a cliffhanger ending.

Let's be honest user, it's a fetish, females literally fetishize and objectify gay males.

If Davos is there to talk him down again, I could see him becoming a hypocrite, and dooming them all for it. That's a very GRRM thing to do.

It's also very GRRM to have him go through with the sacrifice, just for it all to be meaningless, as his advisors have all been constantly telling him he's the chosen one destined to save the world, even though he isn't. A heartwrenching scene of a supposed hero burning his own child alive in the hopes of saving the day, only for the long night to continue on and overwhelm them all.

Fujoshi. Women find gay guys hot.

Attached: 20e3b60768374bc5419671dd3655f18e--steve-x-bucky-bucky-barnes.jpg (236x333, 21K)

Why don't males write more lesbians then?

Literally a three sided game of Dominions 5

Tavore, Tamber, Blend, Picker. Though not what that dude was probably looking for.

Yeah, while I'd rather see Stannis get a better ending, I could see him burning Shireen in the end at Mel's behest if absolutely everything that can go wrong does go wrong, but I think it'd have to be during an absolute horror-show of desperation.

Like after the Wall comes down with white walkers climbing over the rubble and with nothing left to stop them.

GoT series was no easy thing to make, we should be happy we got to the ending of that story in the first place.
Pretty sure that GoT is based on how the books will end, so Stannis will most likely have the same ending in the books as well.
In the show, Stannis basically had to go. So the writers made his whole campaign smaller. He was a protag in S2 only.
Book Stannis is a great character.

Because they usually go for visual stuff like 3D works or drawing/painting.

I'm not sure how they would do it but I'd probably like it

Attached: 81MFSpmz2gL.jpg (1626x2472, 269K)

Attached: 2725.jpg (300x180, 9K)

The only thing this wannabe LOTR for nihilistic millennials deserves is to be completely forgotten, which it will considering everyone is already shitting on it.

Attached: 1534990395682.png (401x349, 333K)

Thank god, I don't need to see more capeshit on Yea Forums

>Pretty sure that GoT is based on how the books will end
wrong
he distanced himself pretty far from them during season 5
I'm sure he has his own ending to come up with and shit like arya killing the night king are confirmed to be 100% d&d from their interviews at the end of episodes

Mistborn. A series that can easily be converted into a game.

Attached: Mistborn.jpg (353x524, 50K)

>it's a redditors make an offtopic thread in Yea Forums to talk about le epic pop culture flavor of the week trash
Report, sage, hide.

Attached: 1527117328763.jpg (770x578, 19K)

That's exactly how I expect it to happen.

I'm a StanMan, I'd LOVE to see him win the whole thing. But it's not going to happen.

This.
Remember that all the people who talk about Gay of Thrones on Yea Forums are actually from Reddit.

Attached: 1555561070815.png (1108x615, 357K)

That interview actually had me burst out laughing
>Jon killing the Night King didn't feel right

The last thing the videogame industry needs is to have Marvel and Game of Thrones plaguing it.
We've already seen how much damage Marvel and GoT have done to cinema and TV.

>Pretty sure that GoT is based on how the books will end
The show is far too different from the books at this point for that to be possible. Resurrected Catelyn Stark, Rhaegal's son who survived the sack of KL, Barristan being alive, Tyrion and the Second Sons, Cersei's incompetence, it's all shit that the show threw out. No way it'll end the same, it may have some broad strokes at best
Based Scatman

The Culture
>tfw you will never be caught up in a plot to overthrow an alien empire by playing autistic Tabletop Games really goddamned well
>tfw you will never play a part in destroying a million, million Virtual Hells that supplant a race's spiritual need for an afterlife
>tfw you will never settle down on a hollowed metal celestial object that literally purges itself of all life every 1000 years
>tfw you will never modify your adrenal glands to naturally produce DMT or swim in a pool of LSD suspended by antigravity fields
FUCK
FUCK
STAR CITIZEN IS THE CLOSEST WE WILL EVER GET GODDAMNIT

Attached: 1554419558677.jpg (780x1094, 176K)

my favorite is
>dany kinda just like forgot the iron fleet existed

Was there anything ever as disheartening in any form of media as the Red Wedding?

it deserves a stable writer, but that won't happen either

The Last Jedi

lmao this turd doesn't deserve shit.

Attached: 1545330250071.png (636x872, 91K)

>He doesn't know

Attached: 1557117664524.jpg (579x426, 33K)

>these people chose to write differently and that's bad!
I think we found the next einstein here

Good thing From Software is working with the author on an RPG.

From a narrative written point of view the story is just fine in the show.

If you bitch that
>Arya killed the night king
>Danny went full retard
>Jon snow didn't have an epic sword battle with night king
Consider you have 70 IQ and are a fucking moron.
>Jamie fight

It is however okay to bitch that
>it was rushed
>Danny went unchallenged on her dragon and her plan to use a dragon to destroy all the boats is stupid
>that they didn't have a scouting boat to move her army through the water when her second dragon died

The shows story is written very well and most likely similar to the book. However they cut corners on logic to push the main plot.

The red wedding was fine. Now the NK episode is one real fuck up

This is epic, especially the pepe. Bravo, truly on a level comparable to dabid

>it's great and if you say otherwise you're 70iq!
hopefully HBO pays you well for this

This and with how long book 6 and 7 are taking he may have changed the ending to Jon and Dany fucking, getting together, and ruling together so he can keep her paranoia in check.

Star citizen is never coming fool

>The shows story is written very well
It shows the exact opposite you fuck. Look through seasons 1-4 for good writing
youtube.com/watch?v=O8ES_ElI6Wg

From a narrative point of view Arya killing the Night King still makes zero fucking sense. You're not only a sub 70 iq brainlet but you're also a faggot. Agree with everything else though.

>fine

It damn near made me tear up. I wanted to give Rob and Catelyn a big hug.

Kill yourself, D&D.

I used to think Game of Thrones was a tragedy.
youtube.com/watch?v=ahoHDU0T44I

kino

The elements that make ASOIaF good would not translate well to a video game. We don't need this.

>HBO pays people to shill on a video game board

70 IQ and SEETHING

fpbp

>>Danny went full retard
>I'm not the mad king!
>[crazy intensifies]
No. This is the product of some stupid bullshit that Martin didn't flesh out properly.

Yeah, GRRM decided to write the kind of story that only a millennial stuck permanently in his emo phase would like.

Attached: got audience.jpg (1200x1060, 119K)

Remember when Tyrion was more than just "lol no cock"? Good times, though he was never my favorite character.

>hopefully HBO pays you well for this
HBO actually wanted the series to continue were wiling to give DD additional funding for GoT to at least send it off properly. But DD declined and said 6 episodes were enough.

Guess they were in a hurry to start that Starwars Trilogy.

Ah yes, that diabetic fatass decided to write SJW garbage.

Are the Mount & Blade mods even half as good as The Last Days of the Third Era? TLDotTE ruined M&B for me because it was so superior to any other way of playing the game. Is there any sense of something actually fucking happening like in TLDotTE? I know there are two, is one superior to the other?

Attached: 1335726533727.jpg (936x685, 232K)

>ruin GoT with the worst possible ending
>then go on to kill off what remains of Star Wars
Heroes, both of them.

you write as if you understand the books but your post clearly shows you do not

>Guess they were in a hurry to start that Starwars Trilogy.
I just want them to stop hurting me but it never stops.

There's nothing to understand in ASOIAF, there's no depth, just characters who are different kinds of scum and whom you look forward to seeing die as painfully as possible.

pepe? More like peepee

The show =/= the source material

when d&d could straight plagiarize the show was really good
when they had to use their brains it wasn't
every single time

it wasn't even like a roll of the dice or anything
every single time D&D had an original thought it was some of the worst possible decision making you could ever fathom
if they had just waited or let george release the books then shit wouldn't be so bad

The source material where Martin spends pages describing a woman shitting for hours?
The books are fucking hilarious.

This. Seasons 1-4 (i think) are genuinely great television

Someone should kidnap GRRM and Patrick Rothfuss and tell them to finally finish their books or else they will be subjected to an intense diet regimen.

Fucking fat bastards can't right a chapter for years.

that's being intellectually dishonest and you know it
you may not enjoy the way the show has gone but the books are far different forms of media than the show

lmao, it was SJW trash from episode 1.

We'll let you keep believing that.

If that were the case, what does that have to do with SJWs?
Also there's still good characters (both morally and well written). Most of the Starks, Barristan, Tyrion (arguably), and Aegon.

>not enjoying ladies poop
get this uncultured swine out of here

No, i'm talking about characters and motivations, there's not a single character I would side with, it was different levels of scum.
The only way you could rate the main characters is in which order you'd like to see them die.
And that's the only proper way this can end, with all of the remaining ones dying, specially Dany and Jon.
Why the fuck did they bring Jon back anyway?

They really should have put this in the show.

this is the best meme that instantly informs anyone who reads it just how stupid the poster actually is
regurgitating anything you hear as if it was an original thought

the chapter is described from a young girl's perspective what happens when you have dysentery but have absolutely no idea what it is or what's happening to your body
it's actually quite well written if you can think beyond poop jokes

When Bran is the one to take the Iron Throne and become King of Westeros I will bathe in the volcanic rage that twitter will erupt in

>Why the fuck did they bring Jon back anyway?
confirmed for being a showlet

My God you are really dumb dude. Arya for 8 seasons is built up as a warrior and assassin. Her prophecy involves killing high priority targets that will change the world. Sorry you are too stupid to see that.

Before episode 3 I guessed that either Arya or Sam were most likely to kill thr night King based on the written narrative. With me siding with Arya much more. Are you really a stupid 70 IQ moron that thought Jon snow was going to get a epic sword fight with the night king? That is not a written centerpiece of his character.

Really dumb man.

The night king is already 100% a show invention, so of course he isn't gonna die the same way as the books. He doesn't exist in the books. But George has said countless times since the show passed him that they are going to have the same ending. Ignoring that is just retarded.

The books are genuinely good books. I dont know why retards here try to pretend like they are actually bad.

You mean starting at s5.

Because 90% of people talking here haven't actually read it and are just going by what they read in other places.

Where are the mods and why haven't they deleted this GoTdittor thread?

Attached: 1546715504388.jpg (1200x900, 160K)

And cdpr settle it

I'll stand by my statement that book 4 was shit. Not one interesting chapter in that whole book, minus Brienne's final one.
Especially Sam's chapters where he just goes on a fucking boat and in bravos the whole book.

Because no one wants to bear with GRRM's garbage prose.
At parts it feels as if it was written by a 12 year old.
No wonder it only became popular among the people who unironically watch Marvel movies.

No. AWoI&F is more story based but it's very difficult to follow, unlike the looming invasion that is TLDotTA. ACoK has stuff and more invasions, but they feel very watery.

>can't right
These are the 70 IQ brainlettes bitching. Ahahahahahha

Nigger, having an IQ below 70 is a requierement to enjoy Game of Thrones.
It's why most of the fanbase is American.

>But George has said countless times since the show passed him that they are going to have the same ending. Ignoring that is just retarded.
not true
he's only said he's given an outline of the ending of the story to d&d, and that was way back in the very early seasons
the fat fuck can't even write one paragraph without having to go back and alter dozens of other chapters, there's no way he's following this disaster of an ending that anyone who's ever touched the books saw from 5 years away
I'm sure the creator, who purposefully distanced himself from the show, doesn't have a concrete plan for the end
that of which you can obviously see they haven't followed, at all

>Someone said that the characters used to drive the plot, and now the plot drives the character.
I always felt this was the case for Jon Snow in the books. One reason I never liked him.

Question, in s4 of GOT Bran saw King's Landing frozen and a dragon flying over it, ignoring the garbage ending, in the books does this mean the Night's King will attack King's Landing with a dragon and take over?