Buy me pic related

>buy me pic related
>everyone at schoool mocks me
>it’s now the goat emulation machine

What other systems had a massive comeback story?

Attached: F8292F52-992A-45AE-84A4-ABE2D15922BC.jpg (1500x1219, 83K)

The Vita (?)

The Vita will be remembered as a console that deserved better but never had any comeback to speak of. It's like the dreamcast of handhelds.

Inb4 "it has no gaems"

Vita had a very unfair life in the west because of Sony

Dreamcast has a ton of homebrew support and vita has the hacking part it's that thing of if you own it you love it if you dont then you see no point

That's exactly why I compare the two.

Vita and PSP are both trash

Why?

Do you have the dock that displays on your tv?
Those things are worth like $120 now

vita had so much potential, wish sony would stay in the handheld market. if they could make a handheld that could play ps2 games it would sell like fire

It would’ve destroyed everything

I want this. I know it won't happen though. I'll probably have to buy an actual fat PS2 just to be able to play all those great games I missed as a kid.

Either make a portable PS2 or a PS2 mini or classic, whatever the fuck they call it. I missed out on a fuck ton of games in the PS2 library.

2 cartridge slots one for vita carts one for vita2 carts

Why not just one that accepts both?

I want maximum storage out of them so if the dimensions are different then they'd need 2

That one is so stupid, you can't charge your psp when it's connected to the tv

To be fair, when it came out, it was unhackable, the battery didn't last as long as a hacked PSP 1/2/3, and the method for swapping games in and out of the internal storage required third party software and was combersome and slow, not to mention there were several games that, at the time, never got a digital releases. It was a downgrade in literally every way.

Even today it has several drawbacks, but the internal storage and overall size helps save it.

The Vita makes me sad. After hacking, it's just a PSP with expensive memory cards that can play the one or two Vita games worth playing. Not worth the 200+ they cost, when PSPs and memory stick adapters are dirt cheap.

>it’s now the goat emulation machine
it is worse that any modern phone tho, you just like the aesthetics, or don't own a wireless controller

Attached: 1555118520696.jpg (261x193, 12K)

>phone
I too enjoy smearing grease all over my screen

soul sacrifice alone is worth it

>smearing grease all over my screen
do you wash like at all my dude? and as I said you can use a wireless controller

The PSP isn't even the best portable Sony emulation machine. A hacked Vita is capable of doing anything a hacked PSP can do, plus it's own library. Plus the 1000 has the GOAT handheld screen. Plus two analog sticks. Plus, the GOAT d-pad besides the goddamn Sega Saturn controller.

>wireless controller

Mmm give me that lag baby, you know I don't like games with twitch reflexes

Attached: 1531836202311_0.png (835x807, 706K)

The Vita has a flashcart that allows you to use microSD. You don't even need proprietary Vita memory cards anymore.

dude unless you have a nokia with infrared the lag is bout the same as with any console, so unnoticeable.
and if you really care bout it you can still probably buy an adapter and used it wired

Ah yes the way god intended

Attached: sketch-1557797970763.png (1440x1440, 271K)

>a handheld that could play ps2 games
wtf sony MAKE THIS NOW

it is an option, or you can use wireless(being doing it with ppsspp to play mh, so you know lag is a non issue), basically if your phone has any recent Bluetooth version you good.
you can also play at better resolutions/framerate, i have a z2 play with the controller mod and it is basically a switch with all the emulators i could ever want(and recently dolphin has been improving so i have most good 3d consoles now)

can any vitas be hacked now?

Yea I think the most recent patch got hacked a couple months ago

now that I actually have a semi-decent CRT TV,I should really track one of those white PSP Go's around,they still have that A/V cable hook up right?

Attached: Toshiba CRT MD13N1.jpg (299x400, 17K)

>implying your phone can play pic/related

Attached: PSP Collection for PS1.png (1380x1240, 2.44M)

Get one of these bad boys for ultimate comfy emulator fun

Attached: b.jpg (450x450, 40K)

Yea you just need the dock

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-13-22-05-36~2.png (1440x2600, 1.16M)

That accessory looks stiff as fuck

A hacked Vita, yes.
Great console for emulating PS1 and PSP games with better controls and a better screen (and some PSP games even have resolution patches) than the PSP.
Vita games are cool too I guess.

The PSP Go is still the best "portable" emulator for anything GBA or below. You can actually pocket it, and PSP+PSX games is pretty nice.

If you don't care about pockets than a hacked Vita is bretty gud.

snapdragon 855 smartphones are pretty close to emulating ps2 games at full speed. it'll be a few more years until they can play them properly. unfortunately, controller support for smartphones suck ass, and the current options are chink garbage.

A more retarded 2ds?

how's dolphin on the 855? is my dream of portable kirby air ride a reality yet?

I miss mine

Attached: Seagreen.jpg (1920x1080, 228K)

I picked up the ocarina of time edition one black Friday I've since upgraded to the new 2dsxl but I won't get rid of my 2d slab I love it too much

After hacking you can use microsd

What’s avoid android phone? Was considering a Sony Xperia xz2

The best*

>GOAT emu machine

You mean the Wii U?

I'm genuinely curious as to why people prefer to emulate ps1 games to the point of even foregoing everything else and literally just emulating ps1 games. I get how great of an era it was. It was one of my first consoles and I absolutely loved the games that came out for it; but there were so many good things that happened after that era as well.