Tell me your favorite racing games. Old, new, it doesn’t matter

Tell me your favorite racing games. Old, new, it doesn’t matter

Attached: E3AA8339-D1A6-4746-8264-700783A88EE9.jpg (640x989, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Uj-IsTp18Ro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Burnout

Mario kart wii

forza 7
kirby air ride

Mario Kart (SNES)

It's a bummer that car licensing means these games never get re-released. I really want to play Blur again without having to dig out my PS3.

Attached: file.png (220x311, 172K)

Metropolis Street Racer. Realistic night/day system thanks to internal clock, recreations of London/San Francisco/Tokyo, bunch of tracks(over 200 I think), music by Richard Jacques with a bunch of radio stations with djs that made things such a comfy experience.
Drifting with a Bus was hilarious

My nigga

youtube.com/watch?v=Uj-IsTp18Ro

I remember getting so excited for this game when I read previews. The developers claimed that they had thousands and thousands of pictures of the CURBS in each city just to make sure the were the right height in-game. The day I finally got the game I spent 3 hours just driving around the most basic London (my closest city) loop track just blown away with how realistic it was.

Outrun 2006. Guess it's more old than new, huh?

Objectively the best racing game of all time.

Attached: Gran_Turismo_3.jpg (320x454, 24K)

Daytona USA

Gran Turismo 2. There's something about the broken progression system which just makes me come back to it.

Outrun 2006 used to be mine but I feel GT Sport slowly overtaking it. Of course GT Sport was a mess at launch and took a long time to get to where it is today and it's a very different game than Outrun. I guess Crazy Taxi would but high up there for me but that's even less of a true racer
Excellent choice, I haven't played in years but would like to give it another go soon, along with 24 Hour Le Mans on DC, I remember liking that one a lot and then there was another game about street racing gooks in japan on DC that was a blast but always kicked my ass
Very high on my list too, I spent the last month playing GT2 on my Vita and had a blast, had lots of great memories of playing GT3 in college with friends.
I sadly never played this one but I really liked the Sega GT clone on DC, can't remember the name but it was a lot of fun

I remember gettting this around the same time as JSR, and hell, both were a great buy.
Shame that MSR is dead, there will never be HD version to get the recognization it deserves.
It was mindblowing how detailed it was, how the day/night system gave a different perspective of the tracks, how good and vast the radio was(which was before GTA3 happened)

Daytona USA
Sega Rally
Star Wars Podracer

Attached: LR1_Green_Disc.jpg (600x600, 55K)

Wipeout 3
Gran Turismo 2 and 4
Midnight Club 3
Outrun 2006

I would kill for a decent PC port of MC3

It should be Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2, which was pretty good.
I remember liking 24 hour Le Mans. Whatever Dreamcast version of V-Rally 2 was also fun

>Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2
that's the one. Great fun but I'll have to see how it holds up, been a long ass time

PGR improved on MSR in every way. Better graphics, more cities, you could no longer use the extra laps on Timed Runs to spam drifts for infinite kudos.

>arcade
Burnout 3
>simcade
Project Gothan Racing 2
>sim
GT Sport
>honorable mentions
Wipeout Omega Collection, DiRT Rally, Forza Horizon 2

Jet Moto 3

Attached: 54B9DE2C-FB3E-4740-BE71-8587E09244E7.jpg (300x300, 23K)

Mario Kart 8
Kirby Air Ride
Sonic Racing Transformed

Attached: car.jpg (740x1500, 266K)

Midnight Club 3. Still the best car customization of any game I've ever played.

Attached: MidnightClub3_DUBEditionREMIX_PS2BOX-Rated.jpg (640x913, 199K)

It's a shame Sega Rally never got a good port.

Better to release the same old MD games for the 1000th time.

Love Sega Rally but it doesn't have much content. I've been having a lot of fun with Virtua Racing lately.

Attached: VRSWITCH.webm (720x405, 3M)

The Saturn port is excellent

The most fucking aesthetic video game of all time.

With Virtua Racing making a comeback on the Switch, I'm praying for Outrun and Daytona to get the same treatment.

Attached: 1511651706462.gif (320x224, 116K)

game-play wise Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit. it has imho perfect blend of arcadism and realism in car control. for fun causal multiplayer. that was last NFS game where you actually need to brake in turns, unlike undergoud shit that came after where there were magical barriers just that you can not get out us track, yet still actadish enough so that you dont need to care about traction and such.

but i have not played it in years so nostalgia might affect me here.

They already did Outrun.

gran turismo 2 and 4 are racing video game kino

This game was fun as fuck back in the day.

Attached: Fatal_Racing_Coverart.png (256x256, 140K)