First AC

>first AC
>great writing about morals, religion, philosophy and ethics, set during the peak of Third Crusade
>second AC turns it into a generic revenge story with some ham-fisted sci-fi shit

Attached: 12345174.jpg (1280x960, 165K)

>first AC
>great writing
Stopped reading there.

opbp

>ham-fisted sci-fi shit
>implying AC1 didn't already have that

ac2 turned the series into capeshit but Yea Forums will defend it because everyone here was a codkiddy at the time and ac2 was where they got into the series.

>first AC
>great writing
Fucking zoomer, have you even finished the game ?

AC2 ended up killing the franchise for me until Origins. And the only reason I even bothered was because of how underutilized Egypt is. Turned out pretty fucking great. Bayek was a good character, the use of mythology and all that was great, gameplay was better than classic "press one button to counter everyone and win every confrontation" bullshit." I don't give 10/10's because EVERYTHING has a place to improve, but Origins is a fucking solid 9/10 for me. Mileage will vary. Jumped on Odyssey when it came out. Garbage. Gameplay is improved and that's about it. Greece is overplayed so everything is boring. The fact that the game is written for two different characters, both of whom have dialogue choices, means the writing it nowhere near as strong as it was for Bayek. Guess Origins was one of a kind. AC1 and AC:Or are the only two of these games I like.

I bet you didn't pay attention to a single thing Al Mualim told you

They defend it because it made the series accessible. But that isn't a good thing. It's not a bad thing either, generally speaking. But it's not a good thing. It basically made it impossible to die by the end of the game if you weren't braindead. Ezio became way too powerful. This never happened to Altair. AC2 allowed people to feel like they were playing well and being super sneaky assassin even if they weren't.

Why are you pretending that AC wasn't always CoD-core? I still remember when the trailers started dropping and I thought I was in for Hitman: The Crusades but what we got was walk up one button "stealth" kills and on man army combat where holding the block button made you literally untouchable. The series went downhill but it was literally NEVER good. EVER.

AC isn't a perfect game by any stretch but it's the game in the series that I think was the most exciting going forward. The game itself feels unrefined and unfinished, but the core premise of a sneakier Prince of Persia built on gathering intel and assassination was (and remains) great. It's a shame the series never actually did much with its founding ideas and instead shoehorned everything from pirate ship battles to half-baked RPG elements instead.

fpbp

I agree, Origins was really good, although I'd give it more like a 7 or 8. I also really disliked Odyssey. It's just so much worse and SOOOO MUCH grindier

For what it's worth, the next game (Viking one) is going to be made by the Same team who made Origins and Ac4. Ac4 is generally regarded as a really shit AC game but a great pirate game. That's kinda how I feel about Origins as well, it's a shit AC game but a great open world Egypt RPG game. so we'll see how that turns out. I don't imagine viking cities to look very spectacular.

Attached: 090041ebde9ec8c84122a85bf0f7a22b.jpg (640x633, 66K)

It just hit the right buttons at the right time for me. And for once I wasn't disappointed by DLC either. The Hidden Ones was pretty generic, granted, but the second DLC was fucking phenomenal. If you took the same exact game, of the same quality, same writing, same everything, and put it somewhere other than Egypt, but still utilized the mythos and everything just as well, it'd probably be an 8 for me as well. That bump to 9 is just because of how something other than an RTS actually fucking used ancient Egypt for once.

Eh you are not wrong
I enjoyed origins way more than I expected but I think from the betrayal of cleopatra and until the end was shit , corporate-pushed tier of rushing
The hidden ones dlc was okay , too short to send the message it wanted to
Havent played the last one
I have low expectations of it , like , what kind of do with that setting ? Doubt the combat will be improved to make it the sole reason to play it

I expect the main character to at least be good. Edward in AC4 and Bayek in AcO are easily my favorite characters in the series.

Although I'm a bit worried now that they've said a gender option will be the standard for the series moving forward, it might not seem like a huge difference but writing for 2 genders at once does have an effect on the writing and will make it more generic.

first AC mediocre
second AC pretty damn good
played them both when they were new

Black Flag is the best
Odyssey is solid, Kassandra is best girl

agree. First Ass Creed best Ass Creed.

Hopefully we'll at least be able to sail our longships to England and visit the kingdoms there. Could also do some cool shit with the different viking clans interacting. Denmark, Sweden, Norway, etc.

The second DLC by itself was worth the price of the season pass for me. Going to the Duat, to Aaru, to Aten, fighting pharaohs, it was fucking sick. And it was at leats twice the length of The Hidden Ones. The Hidden Ones was fine, but it WAS short, yes.

>asscreed logo appears
>stopped paying attention to the writing here
ftfy

The only assassins creed game that should have existed

Assassins creed 1-3
Assassins creed unity
Assassins creed India after the british colonisation
Assassins creed Japan either during the imperialisation

>unity
Okay, 2-3 I was going to give you the benefit of shit taste, but now I know you're just memeing

And they have given a VERY fair reasoning behind never doing a Japanese AC game. Fucking EVERYONE else already has. Tenchu, Sekiro, Nioh, how many Japanese games do you need? How would they be unique?