Requires billions of fixes, tweaks, mods, and specific PCs to run even close to good

>requires billions of fixes, tweaks, mods, and specific PCs to run even close to good
>can still randomly crash and its impossible to stay 60 FPS even on monster PCs
>this is considered a masterpiece

Attached: image_original[1].jpg (570x400, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KARSz0AE39Q
youtube.com/watch?v=RZZZMGx1Fm8
youtube.com/watch?v=Au1M-z0apGQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

only on Yea Forumseddit

Works on my machine unironically

no it doesnt, it never crashed for me and I enjoyed it
go play csgo little baby zoomer boy

>installs billions of mods
>wtf why is my fps dropping?

it worked just fine without mods,fixes,tweaks.

There's people out there that has 200 mods and can still have 60 FPS with no drops

I envy these people

All elder scrolls and fallout games are absolute shit, even with mods.

There's a solution, it's called "stop playing on a console"
I've played NV for 500 hours on various PCs, and the only time i experienced issues was in a specific location in OWB, the one with the stealth test, which is buggy as fuck

sounds like every other mid to late 2000s game the retards here pretend to like.

literally just get YUP, NVAC, and stutter remover and you're good to go

>Can randomly crash
Haven't had that problem, might be a problem with your comp.

This is unironically true for Oblivion, but not true for New Vegas.

>requires billions of fixes, tweaks, mods, and specific PCs to run even close to good
Blatantly untrue. All you need is the 4gb RAM Patch and NVAC, at which point the game is entirely stable.
>can still randomly crash and its impossible to stay 60 FPS even on monster PCs
Only if you're trying to run some retarded "upscale everything to 8K textures and remove all loading areas" type mods

OP confirmed for retard/AMDfag.

Just an FYI, stutter remover no longer works and its now an actual hazard due to some bullshit W10 update. There's a different version tho but forgot which one

Just avoid NVSR

deal with it

have sex

Wrong Fallout. You need a quantum super computer to run Fallout 4 with shadows that don't fade 3 feet from you at 60fps everywhere, and thats assuming you don't accidentally install a mod, because the smallest change to the worldspace will wreck performance completely.

im playing this shit, whats' so good about it? it feels so fucking bland

yup, i can never hit a constant 60fps and i dont know why, i look in certain directions and the frame rate will dip into the 50s, even though GPU usage is like 30%.
I think it's because the game only runs on one CPU core.

>can run Stalker, an actual brittle as fuck game, on over 60 FPS and only experienced one crash
>FNV runs on 40 FPS with only one mod

Attached: 1552621828125.gif (316x297, 2.81M)

>billions of fixes
Yeah or just the unofficial patch
>impossible to stay 60 FPS even on monster PCs
lmao I just build a scrap PC with a GTX 650 and an Phenom II x4 980 and it runs perfect. What kind of shit PC do you have?

I replay vanilla once per year to be honest.

these are mine and I often dip to 40-50 when just exploring the world

Attached: 4324.png (459x290, 15K)

I have 300 mods installed for me to tolerate fo4 ama

Attached: fallout 4 fucking sucks.png (680x813, 29K)

How, NV' plugin limit is about 125. You surpass that, the game starts tripping.

retard. i had this running 60fps on a 2013 macbook laptop via WINE.
fuck off shitposter

>first 3d fallout with a storyline that stayed true to the source material and didn't try to railroad the player into a single ending

What mod manager should I use?
The /vg/ thread says NMM, but MO's virtual installs make sorting my load order so much more convenient.

Maybe it's Win10 acting up? I always played it on 7.

stay buttmad tod. game works fine, just get it from gog.

post list. I think you can extract it as a text file somehow

>Been playing TTW with Solid Project and Loot Menu
>Have finished every F3 DLC
>Playing through NV now
>Haven't crashed a single time
Hmm..

the load order sorting from MO is based on a separate tool called LOOT. download that

/vg/ is full of shit, MO is the best.

Go back to fortnite

Based, me too

MO2

I've tried playing twice but I always get bored as soon as I reach the city. Most of the game is just auto-walking through the desert and really bad gunplay. I get the impression it's mainly for people who want to sperg over character builds or argue over the lore on the internet, because the other 90% of the game is shit.

I have more issues running F3 than NV these days. All my NV crashes require restarting the game, while my F3 crashes require restarting the computer and losing my entire save.

That's what I figured.
My only problem is when I try to open MO and I tell it to open FO4 it loads Skyrim anyway.

fuck it, ill just create an image, give me a sec

>played ttw
>fuck yeah FO3 with NV's mechanics? SIGN ME UP!
>then i'll roleplay as the same guy from fo3 that wandered the lands to new vegas!
>fuck yeah!
>beat FO3 and all its DLCs via TTW
>get to NV
>overpowered motherfucker, ... NV isnt even fun now
fuck my autism. i'll stick to the games seperately I guess.

Attached: 1557681465006.jpg (403x432, 30K)

it's the pinewood dirby car of games. you're given a kit and can mod it how you want. its not your fault your dads an alcoholic and didn't build you a top-notch vehicle

He wandered for fucking centuries then, goddamn.

NV requires no mods to be good.
Oblivion needs mods to fix its leveling / scaling tho.
If your playing NV for its combat, you're retarded. Also if you get the Jsawyer mod, you should have gotten Logans Loophole trait. It makes your lv cap 25.

There needs to be a mod which pulls mods automatically and balances them. Kind of like Big Picture for Baldur's gate.

its only like 30 years between games isnt it? am i retarded?

>mfw have 60+ mods and ENB active get 100+ FPS and only crashed once in 50+ hour play through.

Attached: er.jpg (900x750, 120K)

I've heard that 3 is like decades after WW3 and in NV they barely remember what the old world was about, there's only remnants of both major factions.
I might be wrong, I'm not as versed in FO lore as I am with TES.

>start NV
>tons of stuttering
>get NVSR
>dealt with 6 hours of crashing every 10 minutes
>ready to give up
>find out that Windows 10 fucks up NVSR and get a different mod for it
>only had one crash from then on and no stuttering

here you go, hopefully the image doesn't compress

Attached: mod list.jpg (1076x9239, 2.34M)

works on my machine

Is there a Wrye Bash for Fallout? That's what I use for Skyrim. There's literally no reason to use any babby mod tools, they'll just cause avoidable problems.

literally running vanilla works perfect

>used a modlist
>follow it to a t
>change a directory
>Zmerge litterally no longer works
Fuck modding for this game, just get shit that looks cool.

Worked fine on my 2008 laptop.

Worked better on my ps3

>he hasn't suffered New Vegas on PS3
>17 - 24 cinematic fps
>crashes frequently when fighting groups
>crashes at mccarran or single digit fps
>forlorn hope is a slideshow too

If a PC could run it at PS3 Graphics setting but locked at 30 fps without drops that would be good enough.

I bet you like JRPGs, faggot.

poorfag detected

dont forget to mention companions that constantly disappear

thanks bro

I want to try TTW but I got 50 mods already installed and I can't bother checking each to see if its compatible. Am I fucked?

Attached: 1502843908084.jpg (601x601, 121K)

You could play it on PS3 and it's still an amazing game

I think it's soft 140 hard 150. After that you're getting issues. I chipped mine down to 128 and I get solid 60 with no crashes. I'm too fucking lazy to merge my mods.

I'm playing it now on steam and it's occasionally giving me that endless loading screen. Pretty annoying

What other reasons are there to play it? Story doesn't seem good so far, world is practically empty even in towns, sidequests aren't that interesting.

Gamebryo is fucking garbage for performance. Not the game's fault really.

Stalker is a PC game and is therefore much better optimized than New Vegas, a console port courtesy of Bethesda.

Attached: 19812821.jpg (600x600, 32K)

It absolutely is the game's fault that it has tons and tons and tons of unnecessary data and unoptimized scripts making it run like absolute shit.
Would these things have been better if given more dev time? Maybe, but honestly I wouldn't count on it, I think Obsidian (And Bethesda Softworks too in regards to the other Gamebryo games) just don't care about optimization or performance in the slightest.

>talking about post apocalyptic shit with friends
>the one weird kid across the room
>HaVE yOU GuYS hEArd OF fALLout BeT yOU bET YaLL ONlY LikE MainSTREAM StuFF
Game ruined post apocalyptic discussion

Attached: 5D93A983-E4E6-4B6B-95B3-47264A0A2156.jpg (1024x994, 118K)

The cohesiveness of the world, the role-playing possibilities. While the main story itself isn’t anything special, it’s the background that counts: all the factions have understandable motives for their doings and stuff is interlinked together in really nifty ways. Can’t think of many other games that manage to feel as ”real” with all the small details and interconnectedness.

But yeah, it’s not a game that gives you any immediate ”wow” effects, the beginning trek through the desert isn’t necessarily that special (although I still like it), it takes time for everything to come together and for one to know enough about the world to appreciate it. If you’re that kind of player who doesn’t care about lore stuff like that, I can see why the game would seem disappointing.

Not the isometric ones

Are those weapons skins or new guns? Do they do nothing of substance or break gameplay?

You should only be fucked if one of the mods is something directly incompatible with Fallout 3. Most mods tend to work, but I know that animation mods that are dependent on an additional script extender tend to fuck TTW beyond belief.

FUCK NCR

I understand that NV's shooting/combat is shit. I do.
But I still really enjoy it with a mod that increases the multipliers on headshots

I unironically enjoy the act of shooting more in NV than in 4. Guns feel too samey in 4, every automatic rifle feels the same and every sniper rifle feels the same regardless of the ammunition you're firing. For some reason guns feel different enough in an older game and less advanced game.

I can't even get the gun animation rework to work at all. The iron sights are crooked and the animation has some kind of spasm. Forgot the name, but it was great mod animation-wise but can't get it to work

>great Khan camp
>literally ONE (1) quest
>"we're working with caesar's legion"
>what about this book here
>"alright we're not working with the legion anymore"
>why not NCR?
>"ok"
Damn, what an intricate web of faction interests

Attached: IMG_20190203_212159.jpg (480x360, 19K)

How does this game play on Linux? It ran like shit and crashed if i even touched a mod on windows 10

R*ddit likes Fallout 3 more than New Vegas though.

>literally ONE (1) quest
Pretty sure there's more than one.

If I could change 4’s weapon modding system to a larger selection of non-moddable guns, I’d do it in a heartbeat. While I can’t deny that weapon modding is a fun idea, it ultimately is mostly about tinkering around with barely substantial improvements, and even if you do something big like up sniper rifle’s caliber to .50, it still feels and looks like it did previously. Besides, it’s boring as fuck to see everyone using those same 5 base guns.

its EVERYTHING.

Attached: gegular fallout 4 meet up.png (1813x894, 2.96M)

I remember Papa Khan won't work with the NCR. So I know for a fact you're lying.

Never had that problem. Some people just suck. Sorry, user.

You're right, I read that quest in the wiki. Didn't have the speech for it or something.

Attached: coffee.png (112x112, 16K)

He won't ally with them, but he won't attack them either if you convince him that Caesar is just using him.

>Can't see the actual game behind the engine limitations
So sad user.

Since this is a FNV thread, can someone recommend me a player home mod that includes armory, mannequins, and actually looks good? One I used to use got discontinued like 6 years ago and most mods conflict with it now

Attached: 1541819285498.jpg (540x590, 36K)

4 suffers heavily from a lack of weapon variety. A lot of people I knew were excited about the weapon crafting but I knew it would end up becoming an excuse for there to be less actual unique models for guns, and it's pretty obvious
>8 different pistols in 4 vs 10 in NV
>11 different rifles/shotguns/SMG's in 4 vs 27 in NV
>6 Heavy Weapons/Explosives in 4 vs 10 in NV
>13 Energy Weapons in 4 vs 17 in NB
>1 Heavy Energy Weapon in 4 vs 6 in NV
4's weapon variety fucking blows, and it has further effects into the actual game. The difference in quality between the unique weapons in 4 and NV is distinct, the ones in NV usually look different from the base gun, like Lucky. In 4, many of the uniques look exactly the same as the base gun. If it doesn't, then it usually looks like a base gun with a couple of mods already equipped on it, like Reba. In theory, getting rewarded with either gun should be fine, but in practice it feels a lot more rewarding to the player to get what actually looks like a new weapon, vs a hunting rifle that I probably already have with a scope on it already, a scope which isn't actually unique to the gun, and I could have already put on to my already existing rifle.

You mean Obsidian

That made looking for "unique" weapons so pointless.
"Unique" weapons don't even mean anything in FO4 because you can now rename any weapon you get, and they are just renamed Legendary weapons.
Gunplay in FO4 is great tho

personally i have a game folder of fnv already modded with all the mods i have (probably 80-100) which i just move around. everything works, i feel i got pretty lucky though, with the compatibility

same

>Gunplay in FO4 is great tho
No it's not, it's just not dogshit. It's still clunky as shit. This also came at the cost of melee combat being fucking trash tier and unplayble.

thats true, melee has been majorly fucked with. It feels so underwhelming to use any melee weapons in 4

Fallout 4: New Vegas fucking when?

Attached: 59192854_1036685560052737_3377655641278513152_o.jpg (1514x1080, 428K)

Is that actually a thing?

Yes

Attached: bruno-sathler-cowboy2.gif (764x556, 167K)

OpenNV fucking when?

Attached: 1557703988847.jpg (640x640, 32K)

Looks like it's going to suck. They can't use the assets from New Vegas, including the voice acting, which means it's going to be shit amateur voice acting that's going to be 100% cringeworthy and ruin everything.

>FO4:NV
>nobody bothered to fix the fucking engine
>FO4:NV will be abandoned just like 99% of big NV projects

Attached: 1539041017482.jpg (480x524, 20K)

i dunno, there are some pretty well voiced companions from nexus

The video they released with the Doc in it was actually decent but yeah, most of it will likely sound pretty shit. I'm sure someone would make a guide on how to have the NV VA in it anyway though.

What exactly will having a OpenNV mean?

>"""graphics""" upgrades are worth sacrificing core systems and gameplay loops
You're just as delusional as the people who inexplicably believe that Skywind / Morroblivion won't be complete garbage.

I would enjoy this project 99% more if they just removed all voice acting and had it as still pictures like Fallout 1 and 2.

and i'll never stop loving it

Attached: 1556337187494.jpg (700x692, 107K)

>implying most of the npcs in NV didn't have dogshit voice acting

In theory, the gunplay in 4 should be a straight upgrade. But there's a lot of things going on outside of just shooting the gun that makes it feel awful. Animation wise it's on par with like Modern Warfare, it's fine. But when you have things like really bad bullet sponge enemies, moving back to the DR system, lack of ammo crafting, and the new perk system works, I still would rather go back to NV. The lack of ammo crafting and return to DR are particularly egregious for me. Ammo crafting in NV was pretty cool, AP rounds are what allowed you to be effective with fully auto weapons. Removing it, especially when you put so much emphasis on crafting beforehand, is retarded.
>DT/DR system (NV)
A player gets shot by an enemy for 20 damage with a DT of 20 So first, DR applies to reduce damage to 45. Final Damage = Original Damage - DT, unless the Final Damage is less than 20% of the Original Damage, then it defaults to that. So in that situation, the player takes 4 damage.
>DR system (4)
A player gets shot by an enemy for 20 damage with a DR of 20. 4 decided to get fucky and throw in a ratio system between damage and DR, so because DR is equal to the damage coming in, the player takes 50% of it. In this case, that would be 10.
It get's worse with 4 because DR starts giving you diminishing returns after it equals damage coming in. If, for example, you get shot for 50 damage with DR of 50, then you take half of it which equals 25. But say now you get shot for 50 damage with a DR of 100. Despite having double the DR, you take only 11% less than before; 19.4. Say you now have a DR of 250, now 5x as much DR as damage taken. You take 13.9 damage, which is only 22% less than when you had 50 DR.
>TL;DR
Fallout 4 bad game fuck you todd

Luckily people are still modding NV. Brave New World looks like it might actually fix this, those absolute madmen.

Don't talk shit about my boy Yuri

Attached: Oliver_Swanick.jpg (800x572, 161K)

Why the fuck does Fallout 1 have so many typos past the halfway point? I swear to god I've seen at least 3 instances of "your" being used instead of "you're". There was also a whole dialogue tree where all the questions your character asked didn't end in a ? but instead a period. Which looks weird and makes you think your character is deadpanning or some shit. Interplay must have rushed them or something.

You do know they're adding back in the perk and skill system right? At the very least it'll have better gunplay.
youtube.com/watch?v=KARSz0AE39Q

We all killed him right?

>They can't use the assets from New Vegas
They can't INCLUDE the assets from NV. Now, their current strategy is trying to make new voices for everything.
but if someone, hypothetically, created a tool that could rip the voices out from actual copies of NV, and then put them into F4:NV, it would be fine.

You can do literally anything. The biggest things that you would get immediately would be that engine level bugs can be fixed without ugly hacks and the game would be cross-platform. Multiplayer would also be relatively easy to add since OpenMW already has TES3MP.

Basically the game would be finally free from bethesdas shitshow of an engine.

who the fuck didnt? even if you spared him, he gets killed eventually in the wild

I have a Ryzen 1600 and a GTX 1060.
Both mid-range budget hardware when I bought them years ago.
This game runs at 1% low of 54 fps at max settings.

>This is better
youtube.com/watch?v=RZZZMGx1Fm8

OpenMW has been enough of an effort; I'm not sure we'll ever see an OpenNV.

Any company you hope picks up the Fallout license after Bethesda inevitably sells it off after Lawsuit 76? I think ID or 2K couldn't do any worse, at least.

... yes it is?

Attached: birb.gif (500x281, 122K)

Works on my laptop with zero mods or fixes just fine. Consider that you may just be a retard.

>helping the drug dealing brothers
>helping the poet leave the Khans or tell him he is a pussy
>helping the great Khans during the ncr ambush
nigga did u even play the game

I mean, it works on my laptop...

youtube.com/watch?v=Au1M-z0apGQ
Maybe in a decade

>>requires billions of fixes, tweaks, mods, and specific PCs to run even close to good
>>can still randomly crash and its impossible to stay 60 FPS even on monster PCs
>>this is considered a masterpiece
Every bethesda game ever?

what are you talking about?
I get over 130 fps on vanilla new vegas

Project B42 when?

yea, no

Fallout 3 takes place in 2277 and Fallout: New Vegas talked place in 2281

OpenMW will eventually be OpenNV, almost guaranteed, it can already load .esms for Oblivion, F3, FNV and Skyrim with cc9cii's fork, it can load assets from their .bsas. I give it 2 decades though.

At least we'll have a complete OpenMW and TR in another decade.

>good gameplay outweighs good presentation and graphics
Wow, who could have guessed?

That's the nature of a game limited to 32bit architecture, it can't utilize all the memory a system could have to reduce if not eliminate crashing. New Vegas needs to be re-released for 64bit windows

I made it through before I learned it “needed a patch”

I dunno, I think FO4:NV will be big.

The project is to add back in certain elements from NV as well as keep elements from FO4, so it's already a big project as is. What happens afterwards is up to the community.

Console version is fucked but PC is fine

Has anyone played New Vegas multiplayer? It was good despite it's many flaws. I was there when the server shut down. It was a redpilled game of subversion and empire building. Half the players glowed, you didn't know who was a spy alt.

Attached: EndofNVMP-1.jpg (1845x1037, 1.58M)

why did it close?

It was fucking shit. There was no balance, people kept spawnkilling, mods are complete buffoons, and you cant use mods at all. It was worse than FO76 so no wonder it only had like 15 people playing
See above

Development had stalled and they didn't want to host the server anymore. A new developer named afx or afxgo on GitHub is supposed to be making private server software but that need help with c++

It wasn't the mod it was the ruthlessness of the competing in the wild west back water mmo that made it appealing for me, the fact that it was New Vegas flavored really did it for me. They fixed some issues towards the end. Hopefully if private server come out people can fix it more by modifying the game mode.

>it's actually real
holy shit
Could you do quests and such? Or was it just fucking around the map?

Obsidian didnt make Fallout 3.

>Easy Pete is now just black default male from Fallout 4
Who the fuck thought this was fine

A lot of quest related NPCs were removed, quests were removed you had to join a faction discord server, complete community made missions to rise up the ranks and capture territory. It got intense at times I played the last 3 days straight that it was up using 2 computers at a time to dupe items and capture locations. I got all the major locations in the Mohave and Eddie scarpa took the strip for the kings

It's pretty bad, unemployed obsidian shills try to meme pretty hard that it's a 10/10 masterpiece. In reality FO3 and FO4 are better. The same retards will unironically claim the unfinished mess that was KOTOR2 was better than KOTOR1, so that tells you they are shills.

>>requires billions of fixes, tweaks, mods, and specific PCs to run even close to good
no it doesn't

Pic unrelated, VtMB thread

I've never finished this game because I always get to a point where it crashes. I mean every time I go through a door it crashes making the game unplayable.

nothing it just has an extremely vocal autistic fan cult

you drank the kool aid, bro. this game is dogshit.

they also praise alpha protocol so there is some further evidence.

I never crash

>walking through nothing for 20 minutes to do a speech check is good gameplay

Truly he is best boy who left the powdergangers and will make a name for himself
Why kill and innocent man turning his life around
I saved him and pick pocketed gear onto him

Attached: 20190205202355_1.jpg (1280x720, 189K)

Yes, it is, and your point?

How would you know without going there, redditor?

>having the option to talk your way out of every situation is bad gameplay

Easily the most overrated game I've ever played. It's not bad, but it's not even close to how good people say it is.

>adding back all the skills and perks for the mod
>not have NV's dogshit gunplay system
Sounds like a win/win to me pal

we'll just mod them in

Merge pluggins. Most small things like weapons and armors can be merged EZ by merge plugins in like three clicks. More complex shit is a bit harder to merge though so I generally leave them seprate.

shut up

Attached: 1545905937082 - reddit's boat games.png (844x664, 70K)

There is also a /r/Yea Forums subreddit. Does that mean we should stop going to Yea Forums?

Probably.

You first.

Werks on my machine

i3 8100
1050ti
8GB DDR4
7200 RPM HDD

Fallout 3 on the other hand always crashes after 20-30 minutes.

I did it the opposite way.
I started in the Mojave (Using console command cheats since TTW still doesn't let you start there regularly) and then did most of NV's content, and by the end I was nigh invincible in the Mojave even when my realistic damage mod.

Then I get to D.C, thinking i'm just gonna fucking own the place, and the first enemy I come across is an Albino Scorpion and it fucking eats every single fucking bullet I had stocked up for my Shotgun despite me stockpiling the shit out of ammo before heading to the Capital Wasteland.
And this becomes a pattern for nearly every enemy in the game because Fallout 3's level scaling is faaaaaar more harsh than New Vegas, and when I entered the Capital Wasteland at like level 40, every enemy level scaled to being an absolute bullet sponge.

>which means it's going to be shit amateur voice acting that's going to be 100% cringeworthy and ruin everything.
Who the fuck cares? Just wait a couple of months and someone will have a mod with the original voices back in.