Why aren't you making a game right now? There is literally no excuse

Why aren't you making a game right now? There is literally no excuse.

Attached: anons platforming blob game.webm (1500x790, 1.49M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bVtWXPssS54
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Don't know how
>No game ideas

Too hard dont know how dont even have a good enough pc to make anything

I hate video games

>Don't know how
download a program like Construct or Gamemaker Studio that does most of the work for you, no programming experience required
>Too hard
Start off simple and go from there, you'll make progress in no time at all
>No game ideas
Think of your favorite games and your favorite parts of them, and try to make that

That looks pretty good. Name?

Got the genre, but I need a good story. Can't exactly do any coding or modeling without knowing what I'm making first.

Hopefully taking an extra english class pays off

It doesn't have one yet, it's from an user in /agdg/.

>Think of your favorite games and your favorite parts of them, and try to make that
I don't have favourite games.

Does he have a demo out?

Already in the conceptualization stages with a group of college friends studying Unreal 4 and visualbasic. I'm getting into 3D modeling this summer since I have half the character and aesthetic ideas down.

you forgot
>dont even have a good enough pc to make anything

Too lazy.
I'd rather just daydream about my perfect game, never make it, and then be filled with regret on my deathbed. That's the life.

is your pc from 1980 or something? you should be able to render basic 2d pixel art at least.

>literally no excuse
But I'm literally too stupid.

Oh nice I was looking for one of these threads

Attached: demo2.webm (1280x720, 2.71M)

Gamemaker studio runs fine on a 2012 macbook pro
don't tell me your computer is more than 7 years old user

we don't like games here

I am, but not 3D and not with a generic sphere as player character

Too retarded to understand how to code

I don't have a graphics card so I've been using low poly free assests. I want to find an artist to work with though

Attached: demo3.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

Wish I had someone to work with. I have no motivation for solo projects.

nice level aesthetics, reminds me of sonic

Good advice, make a unique combination of proven ideas while adding your own

I want my game to have low-poly models like a PS1 Final Fantasy or Resident Evil but I am god-fucking-awful at anything art-related. Too poor to pay someone and too socially retarded to start a team.

You don't need to know how to code or do art to make a game. Pic related is proof of that.

Attached: undertale.jpg (460x215, 8K)

>while adding your own
>"I have no ideas"

Attached: look at me.png (1043x773, 681K)

Thanks, the entire thing is very sonic inspired

what do you mean? How did the creator of Undertale do it then?

“Put in an effort to think up of something” just relax and think, go down memory lane and get creative

I just keep drawing concept art over and over again. Every time I try to model the main character I want to have I get a bunch of decent shapes going and then I realize that UV mapping and rigging and triangulating are completely fucking incomprehensible to me.
Pic related is the farthest I've managed to get so far.

Attached: IMG_20190513_145500.png (1048x743, 49K)

Your own ideas don't have to be entirely original user, like for example like for example Hollow Knight was just "Castlevania/Metroid but you play as a bug lmao" and people ate that shit up.

There’s a lot of programming/scripting in Undertale, the only department being cheaply done are the graphics but they’re excused with being stylized.

supposedly the story goes that undertale is a gamermaker studio game that is nothing but super simple art and a giant mess of spagetti code/drag and drop logic

Gotta start somewhere, good work user. What are you using?

I could never come up with anything like that.

No drag and drop, GML

Maya 2018 Student edition because I got the basics of how it works down before dropping out of college thanks to money problems.
I know I should probably switch to Blender so I'm not totally fucked when the student license expires but I have absolutely no idea how to work that program at all.

>a giant mess of spagetti code/drag and drop logic
You have no fucking idea. You know the "turning to dust" effect that happens when you kill a monster? It's hardcoded for every single instance. Toby put together an entire bunch of bullshit that converted each sprite to ASCII (you can still see this in the decompiled game, too) just to have the ASCII art be what handled the generation for the dust effect. He even switched the method of ASCII generation used midway through development, so every monster after Snowdin uses a completely different effect than everywhere before that point. A good example of this is that when Papyrus dies, his body uses the original effect, but his head uses the one used everywhere else.
youtu.be/bVtWXPssS54
Happens at about 1:40. If Toby can make a game while being this incompetent at gamedev, you can too.

Should i pirate maya or buy modo?

too stupid to code, and too lazy to learn and to do it

the student licenses don't expire as far as i know.

maya has a student version, modo has a trial. just test them.

Years of lurking and watching shit on the internet has turned my mind into mush, not a single thought or memory remains.

No one would play Incel Penis Simulator 2019

>too stupid to code
VB.NET is pretty beginner friendly and covers 50% of the major platforms (PC & Xbox) while also being a decent enough language for 2D games. Look up GDI+

still too lazy to make one in general

I don't want to.
I like playing vidya. This does not translate to like making vidya.

Because I'm still trying to find a good 3DS game to play but I cannot find it because I played all I wanted to play o the console.

Also because fuck you I don't know how to code.

I want to make a more complex version of Lovely Planet, with bunny hopping, surfing, etc.

Which engine do I use?

But I've never really tried either.
Fuck it, whats a good crasg course in gamedev?

Because I am an adult and my time is valuable you fucking moron. What sort of fucking dumbass post is this?

Attached: brainlet4.jpg (550x543, 30K)

>Contemplate making a game.
>Have to be good enough at art to draw cool scenes.
>Have to be confidant enough in writing to not cringe at it.
>Have to learn to make good music cause all favorites have that.
>Not just picking one of the above skills and living with that.
>Have to be careful not to be called a total ripoff.
>Have to be good enough to assert own dignity over the normie favorites.

And yet here you are being a dumb wojakposter on Yea Forums.

>my time is valuable
>spends all day browsing Yea Forums, jacking off, and playing vidya

>Download unity/Unreal Engine 4
>Clone TPS/Platformer tutorial
>Change the main character by a Nintendo character
>???
>Profit

>wojakshitter
>adult
>valuable time
Good joke

NINTENDO

Alright, I will try this. Maybe.
I'm very busy this summer so I might not have the time.

Literally every CryZenX video ever.

listen there's a lot of things I want to try in this world. making a game is one of them. unfortunately it takes so damn long to get good I can't justify dedicating my life to learning the craft. why can't life be longer?

Because I'm lazy and stupid.

I have to learn to 3d model, animate, code and make music first.
This shit takes time.

Attached: 1341946821772.gif (225x225, 1.61M)

>download a program like Construct or Gamemaker Studio that does most of the work for you, no programming experience required
What the fuck am I reading? I've picked up gamemaker and it's like any other code.
If, else, while, switch, for etc. It's all there.

Busy studying in field where ppl are expected to work a mere 50-60 hrs/wk

its going, fixed a shit ton of bugs
now that everybody is afraid of the big meteor is the PERFECT time for me to launch it I JUST NEED TO GET OFF MY FAT LAZY ASS AND FINISH THE STORY

Attached: PONG RPG 63.webm (1280x720, 1.55M)

I was making a game in Unity a couple of years ago, but it was just turning into a Ratchet and Clank clone with programmer placeholder art so I deleted the project.
Over the past few days I've had the urge to start over again and probably find a couple of artfags or something and make it for real.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.65M)

>but it was just turning into a Ratchet and Clank clone with programmer placeholder art
So it was turning into a Ratchet and Clank ps2 clone

cuz im dumb

I'm actually unironically too much of a brainlet and I need someone to hold my hand the entire way through.

Attached: 1556643500598.png (604x516, 198K)

I'm probably going to make an attempt at it. After doing a bit of modding, I realized that the barrier to entry is a lot lower than I imagined, and I ended up developing all the skills needed to make a game more or less by accident. I've been making some art assets and studying music theory while settling on exactly which idea I want to go with.

I need someone to make the game on their own and then just give it to me to publish in my name.

I am making a "game" in Dreams. It's probably going to be short and it's probably going to take me forever and it's probably going to suck, but I did the storyboard and made the first area. Just need to set up the events.

the music makes up for the graphics

even if i managed to make something i have no worthwhile contacts to advertise it in any way

I am, as a wageslave.

I hate it. I hate making ports of other people's games. I hate working on game ideas from execs that only want money and don't care about content. I hate working on games from people that only want to deceive consumers instead of making an experience for them.