Will zoomers that play FF7 remake for the first time call it the best game ever and will it break video game sales...

Will zoomers that play FF7 remake for the first time call it the best game ever and will it break video game sales record?

Attached: 3daagjald2dy-920x516.jpg (920x516, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vl_pteSW28Q
youtu.be/XUMdx3ezW9s
youtu.be/pO-0o8yXRUQ
strategywiki.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII/Enemies
youtu.be/ikmXR-W7Z8s?list=PLFDF58E9DED646654
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3521
forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0),
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no because its episodic

They will because of FOMO since they weren't alive when FF7 was already good and popular

i think it depends on how linear it is, since it's episodic i think there needs to be some kind of freedom or side stuff to do in the game that makes it feel more epic. it is fairly long which is going to be rough if its like FFXIII

All the good shit will get removed. No crossdresing Cloud and Bitches Slap Fight in HD for you.

Zoomers have access to actually good games. FF7 was overrated.

Will there at least be swearing? Even if it's just censored swearing?

Yeah this. And I mean it’s gonna feel linear if it’s just Midgar being the first part seriously

No because it’s an action rpg and not turn based

Why did Shinra build a massive Sephiroth statue?

FF VIII fanboys stay mad

Attached: 40847578403-c29c70f35a-o_34nz.jpg (1920x1080, 243K)

I feel like the devs don't even know what made this game so special to begin with.

It's not part of the the current genres that the current generation of teens and kids care about so only boomers will buy it. The only chance it has with zoomers is ignoring those kids watch YouTube "gaming" channels with click baity vids that say "THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED FOR FF7 REMAKE" or something.

Contrarianism won't get you laid. Life is too short to pretend that you don't like FF7 just because it's popular.

I don’t think zoomers play single player games, much less JRPGs.

Nah man, you underestimate just how much people want to fit in and not be left behind. Kids are already upset that FF7 is so beloved and popular among all ranges of people and that they feel like they missed out on it. People with no interest in JRPG's or final fantasy in general will jump on the hype train just because everyone else is doing it

Who cares. I just want to see Square throw money at and make massive spectacles of all the crazy shit that happens in FF7. Shit is going to be so awesome.

Remember that this is the same company that did this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vl_pteSW28Q

Now imagine shit like that except FF7, so the bike chase, the Midgar Zolom, and etcetera. But just imagine what they are going to do with Jenova! She is going to be fucking terrifying!

You're too young to remember, but not everybody liked it back then.

Episode 2 will be down 94% in sales compared to Episode 1.
Zoomers that never played the game will fall for the years of overrated hype and realise how shitty the game actually is and no one will buy Episode 2

Since the tranny mocking bit and the slap fight is confirmed, I seriously hope Nomura keeps the cursing and the use of "retard" in the remake. Its the little things in life, you know?

First episode, probably.
Second will sell less.
Third will underperform.
Anything after gets cancelled.

and everyone will claim it's because the remake messed up so they don't have to admit 7 is trash

Can someone explain to zoomer boomer what is
>episodic
videogame? Like they will release one game and then add 30 DLCs where every DLC will cost like the base game?

What?

Also why would anybody play story heavy single player of it isnt finished? Isnt it better to wait for complete edition with 50% sale?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

if this game is divided up any more than 2 episodes, with aeris death being the dividing point, it's gonna be a failure

>what is
>>episodic

Like the Telltale Games.

Basically think of it as the old FF7 except you have to pay the full price for each disk

To fap.

how are they going to handle stat and item transfers between the parts?

If you think thats impressive clearly FFXV was the only FF you played. I can tell by the spacing too. Dont forget to dialate.

You'll need to transfer save data between episodes. 2 won't work without 1.

Based

But telltale games were absolute trash both from story and gameplay view points.

Why would anybody buy unfinished game like that?

wtf I love Shinra now

how is that relevant

Kids these days don't care about Final Fantasy. And how can you blame them? There hasn't been a good one in their lifetimes. Children born in 2002 have never experienced a good FF come out in their lifetimes.

Option to press X to fap to Sephiroth's statue, when?

>imagine being this jaded

Why did Cloud have ice and lightning magic at the start of the original game with no materia equipped?

Why does everyone keep saying that? If the devs base the trilogy off of how many discs there are for the original, then the first "episode" will end with Aerith's death. That happens way after leaving Midgar. Plenty of content there.

That makes no sense though, because Disc 3 is just the North Crater. The way the discs were divided up was purely because of space limits for FMVs.

He had those equipped, though.

What are you even on about? My point is that it's going to be cool to see Square crazy up a lot of the stuff that happens in FF7. There's a part where Cloud and the party fight against a lovecraftian she-demon on a Shinra boat for fucks sake! I can't wait to see what they do with it.

...except that he did? The first time you can enter the Materia menu, they're right there, and they gain experience during the first mission.

Hopefully disc 1 will be FFVII and two and three will be VIII and IX

It's just remake of 7.
AC and CC shit will probably be Disc 2-3.

Just saying its dumb that it shows materia slots in the equipment with nothing there until it finally shows up

Assuming there are 3 episodes:
First episode: the story will start and will end in a cliffhanger.

Second episode: the story will start from the cliffhanger and end in another cliffhanger

Third episode: the story will start from the second episode cliffhanger and will end permanently.

It wont be zoomers that gobble this shit up.

Not this time at least.

Reminder that FFXV will be the better game and there will be nothing to prove me wrong

Attached: 7106DB31-908B-42A9-997C-3AD221EF131A.jpg (1280x720, 329K)

Go away Barry

Part 1 will definitely be just midgar. 2 will be till I have no idea. 3 is the end obviously . This shit has only been complete till the end of the midgar arc for sure. It’ll be another 2-3 years after release till they get the next one out.. and I wonder how they’ll handle free roam mechanics on the overworld. Will you PHYSICALLY walk to each location . If it’s fast travel bs I’ll be really pissed

episode 1: beginning to midgar
episode 2: world map to aerisdies.com
episode 3: snowboarding to end

>contrarians didn't exist back then
Okay retard

That sounds like horrible user experience to me. For this reason i didnt start playing trials in the skies and the banner saga until the last episode wasnt released.

Zoomers aren't even talking about the game at all, the ones who are probably already played it.

Zoomers don't really care, trust me.

four parts I say:

part 1 - heavily expanded Midgard

part 2 - rest of disk 1, padded out to a full game

part 3 - ditto but with disk 2

part 4 - disk 3 or maybe a mixture of disk 2 and 3, because people like to do these things in adaptations for some reason

>28 days until Square's E3 presentation
IT'S NOT FAIR AAAAAAAAAA

Attached: Untitled.png (362x380, 253K)

This. They'll probably hate it

This. If anything, Episode 1 will be a heavily expanded upon Midgar arc, Episode 2 will end with Cloud falling into the Lifestream at the Northern crater, and Episode 3 starts with you playing as Tifa searching for him.

Attached: Curoudo.jpg (562x580, 68K)

The same could be said about Episode 3, though... Episode 1 ends with Aerith dying. Episode 2 ends with Cloud either getting mako poisoning or entering the lifestream. Episode 3 starts off with controlling Tifa. The third disc was end game content and the final boss, with a bit of final story content. But my point is, you could stretch any point in the game between one cliff-hanger worthy plot point to the next.

Bros is Barret toxic? A Kotaku writer said that Barret is a toxic character.

Attached: 1543802300586.jpg (353x357, 40K)

No, the thing that worked about her death in the original is that you were forced to move on in spite of her because the planet was in danger, which made the loss hit that much harder. If an episode ends with her death, that effect is lost because you have no reason to keep playing after her death, instead waiting for the next episode to come out while you play something else. Having her die as a way to start the third act of that episode means the player now has to deal with the feeling of loss while they power through the final stretch, making the third act feel particularly dark and depressing as things just get worse and worse as Cloud unravels into an existentially challenged wreck.

Attached: Aeris.jpg (739x900, 99K)

>Waaahhh
Dude, stfu. If you think Squenix hasn't already made plans that will inevitably fuck the entire meaning behind all of the plot points anyway, you're a retard. Going with their stupid episodic idea, the only redeemable way to structure it is to end the first episode with her death. The entire plot is dark anyway, so what are you even complaining about?

The only thing everyone felt sad about was losing a playable character halfway through the game and never really getting to see all her limit breaks and shit.

While I agree with most of what you said, the original game's first disc literally ends with Aerith's death before making you pop in the second. Obviously that's a little different from having to wait a year for the next installment, but it's still a natural stopping point from a narrative perspective. Any interpreted meaning behind it is all just personal opinion and is irrelevant to Square. They're looking at ways to market the title, not provide compelling storytelling. If they were, they wouldn't have walked out the gate with "It's going to be an episodic experience."

Trails in the sky is not an episodic game. Each one has a proper beginning and ending. SC and 3rd are sequels.

he's a loudmouthed eco-terrorist so he would be anti-toxic considering his stance on mako energy and the environment

No because the source material is garbage

FF7 is insanely linear though. It doesn't really open up till the end of disc 1 and really has nothing to do in it because its so story focused.

only if it is the whole game and not in parts

If they can make Midgar 15-20 hours with extra content I don't think people will necessarily hate it. Midgar was easily the highlight of the game, and I think still to this day its the longest segment in a FF game. Its like 4-5 hours on a casual run, literally the first part of the game a single blip on the map. Most games get you moving to new places all the time.

This. And we can consider ourselves lucky if episode 1 even covers all of midgar. I wrote this once today already and I write it again. I am 99% sure that they will cut out huge chunks of the game especially in the open world. This is going to be a development hell like FF15 all over, where time management is fucked and because they announced this shit too early they are too pressured. Square Enix is full of hacks.

>I hate it and therefore I'm right
Ending anything on her death would be retarded, because that's exactly when shit starts getting heavy and personal, and Cloud falling into the lifestream being a story beat instead of a downer ending to a downer third act that starts with her death is logically the best place to end an episode while perfectly setting up the next one, which brings me to my next point...

The issue here is the end of disc 1 is more or less the halfway point of the original game, with Disc 2 being the second half and Disc 3 exclusively being the final mission. The only way you can follow the Disc structure for the remake's episodes is if you add in a LOT of content to the period before ending or inbetween the episodes, or use post-FFVII content in the form of a vidya adaptation of the On the Way to a Smile novella and Advent Children and the Northern Crater as the first act of the episode instead.

>Episodic RPG
>Well i guess ill just grind until the next part is release
>Wtf everything is so easy now

They already stated they were going to add a bunch of content that wasn't in the original game, though. So I think it's at least plausible that what I'm theorizing will come to pass. But a lot of the points you've made make sense to me as well. Guess we'll see. Most likely, they'll just fuck it up either way.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had level caps or the next episode de-leveled you

This. You guys DO remember FFXIII, right? How could anyone forget...

You retards. Normies love episodic shit. When all 3 parts are out they'll binge the game like they binge netflix and its going to become a smash hit

they did that in 13? I never finished the first one and never touched the others

>Twe can consider ourselves lucky if episode 1 even covers all of midgar
You're a fucking retard trying too hard

I actually think Episode 1 is going to end on the Cargo ship. It's where you first meet Sephiroth in person after learning about him from Cloud, and you fight Jenova for the first time. It serves as a point in the game where the actual stakes are made clear and Sephiroth's real nature is heavily implied. Jenova BIRTH would be a pretty great final boss of Episode 1 due to how terrifying it is.

Plus, Costa Del Sol is a pretty chill place to start episode 2.

I really hope we get a post-game non-canon free roam mode after we beat each episode, like what FFXV got, full of non-canon quests and boss fights with higher difficulty than normal. Might even be willing to accept Compilation characters appearing in it, provided they don't take part in the main story.

In that there were level caps? Yes. You could only level each character up to a certain point, contingent with where you were in the story. The full crystarium doesn't even become available until after you've beaten the final boss. There was absolutely no way to grind to your heart's content like in every other JRPG, yet you were practically forced to slog through it to each cap anyway if you wanted to stand a chance against the upcoming boss. FFXIII was a glorified tutorial for the other two installments.

Ending ep 1 on the Cargo ship also allows them to split up the continents into two episodes, with the 3rd episode using Episode 2's continent before returning to Midgar.

I don't think Nomura has and control over localization. Retard will be removed. Count on it

Nomura's probably not even aware of the non-PC language and vocabulary used in the original localization. The guy doesn't even speak conversational english and likely barely reads it.

They weren't there in the original japanese script, so why would they keep it if what they'll do for the new one is translate the remake japanese script?

real zoomer here
i don't play remakes

Attached: 1532706479956.jpg (720x720, 54K)

You know, this is all based on the idea that it will only be 3 episodes, though. Square never specifically stated how many there would actually be, so for all we know, we could be looking at a 5-parter, not unlike their other IP Life is Strange. Wouldn't that be great...

The episodic release is specifically done so they DON'T have to cut anything. How would three XIII-sized games have less content than a single one unless Square really, really, REALLY screws it up to levels not even they have before?

Attached: desu.png (1404x958, 1.48M)

i doubt it'll happen because the combat system looks rather rigid in design, but what if vincent played like a streamlined dirge of cerberus

Fuck, man. Episodic is better simply cause I don't believe SE COULD put all of it into a single game. They basically need three attempts at it.

Depends on the release structure, price, and most importantly, the time between episodes. I also don't want this to be a digital-only title cramming up my hard drive.

too bad even if there's a physical version they'll make you install shit and download a big ass patch

He'll play like what little we've seen of Barret. What I'm curious about is how his transformations will work.

Please don't fuck up the music

Attached: 1401219384035.jpg (800x600, 18K)

The music is one of the few things in this game that I have 100% faith in being just fine.

that's the problem for me, really. Barret just sort of awkwardly strafing at a walking pace while firing on enemies looks to be the most boring ass character ever, and even if Vincent uses pistols and rifles for semi-auto attacks I can't imagine he'd be any more interesting with non-Limits if it was the exact same shit.

Zoomer here
Megaten is better

Attached: 8F614A9D-3D75-4551-9FA1-AB23028957B0.jpg (612x733, 123K)

No because :
>weeb characters
>garbage gameplay
>generic graphics
>solo games are dead

Hate to say it, but I am thinking it's going to be shit lads. I'm usually not as negative as a lot of people here, but all the signs are there.

It's episodic meaning that they will pad the game out with a bunch of expanded universe characters and plotlines that don't really fit in with the original. The combat is going to be FFXV-tier ( I was not a fan of it at least, maybe some people prefer that to turn based combat ). Silly mini-games like Snowboarding, the tower defense-like game ( can't remember the name ), motorcycle scene, etc. are all going to be cut out. A "cool" cut scene of Cloud on a motorcycle is all we will get. Chocobo riding will be in, but raising and racing will be out. You will be able to ride them for a limited time in the over world like in XV. Same with the car.

The games will be padded out with Expanded Universe/OC stuff, yet the final product will still be rushed, especially when it comes to the original plot. Instead of making one solid game, they are going to churn out multiple rush jobs so that they can milk the series for all it's worth.

this is basically a completely new game tho. Action, episodic and they are already changing the story too.

>I'm usually not as negative as a lot of people here, but all the signs are there.
>Shitload of words with nothing but speculation
Please refer to

Why was the original game not episodic in that case? The fact that this one will be tells you everything you need to know. There will be pointless OC padding.

It's the same situation as the Hobbit movies. They took a single, solid product and split it up into episodic format because there was "too much" to do in one movie. Then we got a bunch of low quality filler while at the same time somehow rushing through the original plot elements.

Final Fantasy 7 is not "too big" to make a single game out of. Literally just update the graphics and UI, fix translation issues, and keep any changes true to the original game and it will be the perfect remake. If they mess with it too much then it'll be a joke.

of course

all the zoomers will pick it up for epic gamer cred even if they've never finished or even played the original

I just spent half an hour arguing with a guy that claimed that Cloud was completely unaffected by the Jenova cells and just did what Sephiroth told him because he was afraid to say no. He used one out of context text box where Cloud says "it had nothing to with the reunion" when he's talking about Soldier operations to make his point. Now I'm extremely mad online. Just thought I'd vent here.

Attached: 1378942198081.jpg (436x413, 21K)

It seems to be more of a reimagining

Who do you care?

He was very aggressively and persistently wrong and it annoyed me significantly

Because the original was made with prerended backgrounds, super deformed polygons as characters and a small scale overworld where chibi Cloud was huge? Instead of, you know, recreating the SCALE in a realistic manner in UE4?
Do you really need to be explained why games were faster to develop back then, not only FF but all franchises in general? You honestly think they'll add references to DEEPGROUND or fucking Genesis? You're delusional.

Attached: 1557457772942.jpg (1200x675, 92K)

That's not what you're getting and the industry will be better for it, feck off.

Attached: (You).png (150x82, 4K)

Do you honestly believe they could fit all of FF7 with into a single game considering modern standards?

Attached: 134804-final_fantasy_vii_advent_children_original.jpg (1000x1500, 340K)

It will be praised for its visual elements, but it won't break sales records. It doesn't have nearly the normalfag appeal of Grand Theft Auto, despite its reputation.
They certainly could. They choose not to, because they think they can sell it for $200+ instead of $60.

When will people realize this is a good thing? They're doing this so they don't have to cut shit out. I don't think people appreciate the sheer scale of FF7.

>They certainly could

Explain how.

>It doesn't have nearly the normalfag appeal

Are you actually retarded, or just pretending?

youtu.be/XUMdx3ezW9s
youtu.be/pO-0o8yXRUQ

It's not as though there's a meaningful size limitation on games these days.

Name a single modern game that is on the same scale as FF7. I'll wait.

What does that have to do with Square-Enix retreading what they already did 22 years ago?

Answer the question.

>Name a single modern game that is on the same scale as FF7. I'll wait.
What scale? 90% of your time in FF7 is spent fighting copy-pasted random encounters. Environments are small, static 2d backgrounds that would literally take only a few seconds to traverse if it wasn't for the constant random encounters every few steps.

Attached: XxracgYTs8VSKq3SeMyHJ.jpg (2847x1539, 812K)

>Name a single modern game that is on the same scale as FF7. I'll wait.
Pretty much any open world game released in the last decade?

Attached: Just_Cause_3_MP_Mod[1].jpg (1920x1080, 360K)

>90% of your time in FF7 is spent fighting copy-pasted random encounters

Are you fucking kidding? You do realize FF7 has the largest enemy roster of any JRPG, right?

>zoomer mindset goes straight to openworld map size

of course

Different user but the point is those backgrounds are now being remade in full detail and 3D. The overworld won't have a chibi Cloud walking around anymore, stuff like that. So, taking into account the entirety of the game, all its locations, every single pixel inside one of those 3 CDs, you think a full remake without cutting corners and with the graphical and technical fidelity of pic related is possible in a single game?

In any case, whatever we learn at E3 and the first episode will make or break anyone's stance on the game

Attached: d3f4e7f6-5038-46e3-8f41-1589f2e2bcdc_final_fantasy_vii_remake_1.jpg (1280x720, 195K)

christ man calm down it’s just vidya

Yes now imagine them expanding on all those environments plus having a world map with sky, land, and underwater traversal with Weapons wandering around. Also, enemies in FF7 are not copypasta'd, fuck off. It has the most unique and varied enemy list of any game.

fuck off retard

It's just a game.

>Are you fucking kidding? You do realize FF7 has the largest enemy roster of any JRPG, right?
How does that equate to actual meaningful game content? Sure, FF7 might have the most enemies out of any RPG (although many are still palette-swapped), but how many of those enemies are meaningfully different from each other and present different tactical scenarios?

Similarly, FF7 doesn't even have a fraction of the game mechanics, gameplay systems and variety in spells and abilities of RPGS that came out around the same time (this image is about FF9, but it applies equally to FF7).

I'm not sure where this narrative comes from that FF7 is this unparalleled masterpiece. Consider for example the following:

Final Fantasy 7, Japan release date 1997
>low-quality midi music
>no voice acting whatsoever, characters don't even grunt when taking damage
>polygonal character models that are primitive and lacking in detail, even by the standards of the time
>invisible random encounters
>environments are static and small 2d backgrounds
>combat uses the same simplistic menu-based systems as previous games in the series

Grandia, Japan release date 1997
>a beautifully rich fully orchestral score
>characters are voiced during combat and key story moments
>detailed and expressive character sprites
>enemies are visible during exploration
>exploration takes place in sprawling 3D environments
>combat too utilizes a 3D battlefield, with an innovative turn-based combat system that takes into account factors like distance, range and timing of your attacks

Attached: 13994393232.jpg (2000x2412, 741K)

>wrong facts
>lmao it's just a game why do you even care
fuck off

>modern standards
Of what

you've been posting this too often

your copy pasta is stale

But we're not talking about the original here user. We're talking about remaking it in its entirety to 202X AAA standards, ala pic related.

Attached: 3t1kw95qobx21.jpg (1571x1250, 259K)

Zoomers can't appreciate atmosphere or "aesthetic" anymore, its been conditioned out of them.

Attached: (You).gif (500x371, 914K)

Of gaming. You're in a gaming board user. Unless you somehow think brand new AAA game being released today tend to look like a '97 PS1 game.

>Of gaming
And what's the standard square needs to fit for a JRPG remake then

>modern standards

Attached: 20876y2346.jpg (252x240, 4K)

>No crossdresing Cloud and Bitches Slap Fight in HD for you.
But those were the most important parts in the game!

Attached: smile and optimism are gone.png (456x480, 185K)

Same game, modern graphics and mechanics. Like any remake in the history of vidya afaik

Attached: resident-evil-2-image-11.jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

>How does that equate to actual meaningful game content?

How doesn't it?

He's talking about technology you fucking reactionary dumbass.

Why do you think they've twinked Cloud from his 2015 appearance? Gotta believe, user!

Attached: aa5a20ef4d36a568b02f78502bb9ab91.20.jpg (488x366, 27K)

Technology.

A lot of enemies in a game where you combat enemies isn't ""meaningfull"" content.
And also you do realize the "many palette-swapped" ones also have attacks that their original variants don't? By your reasoning there's no value to Battle Square? Baka user.

>another delusional Grandiafag

Attached: 1557455207456.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Fuck off.

Doesn't this game get a remake every year? Why are you retards so hype for the same shit again?

>another

Pretty sure it's the same one who keeps posting that pasta.

Starter weapons only run
Materia only on accessories
...what else can make the game harder?

yikes

Probably like Mass Effect where you get a headstart on leveling up and some extra items.

wait why was there an underwater mp

have you not played the dot.hack games where they level cap you each episode

You fight them at the Junon Underwater Reactor. The guy that made the picture is mistaken, the one from the remake seems to be a brand new variation of a Shinra troop as the uniform looks more military and is located on the train tunnels on the way to Reactor 5, same as the Grashtrike

Attached: Underwater_reactor.png (320x240, 39K)

and this is just 7 enemies

strategywiki.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_VII/Enemies

I'd be cool with zoomers never playing it at all, desu.

Attached: IMG_20190514_075523.jpg (713x312, 33K)

So
Episode 1 All Midgar
Episode 2 Everything to Tiny Bronco?
Episode 3 Everything to Cloud disappearing?
Episode 4 All the game?
Or how is going to be?

>Will zoomers that play FF7 remake for the first time call it the best game ever and will it break video game sales record?
No and it will struggle to do lifetime sales equal to Red Dead Redemption 2's first week sales.

We don't know the number of episodes. "More to come in June"

E3/FF7 concert in LA is when they will outline how the game is going to be released 100%. They are gearing up for part 1 in Q1 next year and will have to outline how many parts there will be and the approximate time to expect them

I'd say expect 3 parts with the possibility of surprise

Can't wait to see this fucker

Attached: Grunt_FFVII_Artwork.jpg (1051x773, 65K)

I'm confused as to why they replaced Steve Burton and George Newborn. Are they trying to sort of get away from the mopey crybaby persona they gave him in AC?

Attached: 1555217960967.gif (310x266, 132K)

Considering we've seen as far as the sewer, train tracks, and the storage facility of Shinra HQ, I'd say part 1 could well be a 60+ hour comprising completely of Midgar.

Beau Billingslea too. Both Steve and Beau voiced Cloud/Barret back in 2015. Another user a few days ago said it's because of a voice acting union thing, they had to replace them for non affiliated new guys. Don't know whether there's any truth to that though.

meant for

>They are gearing up for part 1 in Q1 next year and will have to outline how many parts there will be
They don't have to specify that at all. They know people will blindly buy into it on name alone.

Don't bother trying to explain to zoomers.

probably too expensive

Being a zoomer has nothing to do with it, anyone can play a game if they care enough be it a 35 or 15 year old. It just so happens a lot of people choose to be stupid.

You can destroy Reactor 1 in like 10 minutes tops. My guess is there will now be much more to that, having to cooperate with the rest of AVALANCHE, sneak inside, yada yada yada.

Well look how much longer the timer is now in the new trailer.

is trap cloud and gay rapey bear sauna confirmed already?

>watch the new trailer
>watch Advent Children

damn the movie looks like shit now

>you think a full remake without cutting corners and with the graphical and technical fidelity of pic related is possible in a single game?
It's absolutely possible, even without considering the inevitable graphical downgrade by the time this shit actually ships.

The movie is over 10 years old, user

Have you guys never watched a movie trilogy or even a TV series?
The opening is the call to adventure, the middle is the big obstacle where things get bad, the ending is the big finish where the good guys win.
FFVII is easy to split this way.
Midgar is the opening, the middle will have Aerith's death and Cloud dropping into the lifestream to get things properly hopeless, and then the end you all know.

They obviously want to milk it for its worth, but the people ehind it actually care, and they would need to spread it out. 7 was such a huge game that translating it to modern tech would be insane.

Why won’t you accept that XV is the superior game?

Attached: 2D854F1E-58DA-4258-B10A-C6380ED71084.jpg (480x480, 25K)

That's actually a great point, didn't even think about it. And that's after planting the bomb so the way out should be easier than the initial way in.

fuck off

Well obviously, FF7R doesn't really exist yet.

>60+
I give you 10

is the first episode going to end at leaving midgar or aeris dying

>came out 14 years ago

kill me now

go back to /tekgen/

10 what

What's the last mainline FF that took 10 hours to complete?

Leaving Midgar. No way they'd get that far in one game.

Admit it right now.

Attached: 887E9619-AEFE-436C-8450-57405FD16723.jpg (250x248, 13K)

>people saying they went Tifa's dub actress from AC back

holy fuck no are people retard - she can't act for shit

>it came out 8 years after the game
We've lived longer with the movie than without it

Attached: [email protected] (1500x1500, 124K)

user ff12 came out in 2006

>modern Squenix doesn't understand why people liked their old games
What else is new?

Attached: 1551116578264.png (163x175, 78K)

Don't get me wrong I'd love for it to be 60+ but this is neo square so I'm expecting 4 dlcs instead of one game. And they'd be 40 hrs each. I hope I'm wrong tho

7 was already pretty linear despite the world map. By expanding on Midgar, they have a chance to make it less linear.

You're wrong because that makes no sense.

I'm okay with that if only because I'll wait until they're all out. In this very specific case and because of the specific game we're talking about I'm all for "end justifies the means". If 10 years from now we have a 160 hours long game, it can be comprised out of 25 DLCs for all I'll care

NO!

Attached: Versus Pose because devs really wanted to make that game.jpg (1280x720, 194K)

If part one is just Midgar it'd be the only entry I buy because it will be the only good one. I can guaruntee they'll get lazier with subsequent entries.

I SAID ADMIT IT.

Attached: 6575B589-7E7B-4EC6-A0B0-CEACC4BCF9FE.jpg (929x929, 75K)

I don't care how triggered Yea Forums gets. I hope they include Cloud's AC Omnislash.

nein

Attached: xv avatar driveby.png (373x382, 186K)

How would it be replicated? The whole point of AC's Omnilash is that it's an upgraded version of the one Cloud used originally specifically because of his new multi sword. What, would you create 8 copies of the Buster Sword arounf Cloud?

So will they have XV style summons?
I was disappointed by how little summons there were in that trash game.

His new ultimate weapon will be the AC sword.

Honestly we need to see more. Cloud had visible Materia equipped in the slots of the Buster Sword so magic definitely still exists, and special attacks and limits are separate between their own meters definitely alongside an MP gauge still existing. I doubt they'd just have automated lazy ass summons, so far they don't seem to be cutting any corners.

Will the remake be the new canon lore, or will the original stay the canon lore?

On that question, what's actually still canon? Is the shitty fan fiction that is Dirge of Cerberus still canon? What about Crisis Core and Before Crisis? Any of the various Novels?

Far as we know, it's never been outright stated where the swords originated from, yet I'd say it's fairly obvious Cloud made them himself or had them made so he didn't have to keep using the Buster Sword. Depending on execution, creating a brand new sidequest where you learn about the Fusion Swords origins and end up acquiring it may be cool, but on the other side it may be detrimental to Ultimate Weapon and while a guilty pleasure I don't like to think of AC as canon. Hopefully they'll take the REmake 2 approach aka it takes place in its own continuity and the Compilation is only canon to the original '97 game.

Attached: SSBU_Cloud_Strife_render_002.jpg (3400x3314, 1.66M)

>Cloud had visible Materia equipped in the slots of the Buster Sword
Everyone keeps saying this but I honest to God can't see it. Do you have a pic or something?

>I doubt they'd just have automated lazy ass summons, so far they don't seem to be cutting any corners.
???Automated lazy summons is precisely what the original FF7 had. It's not like summoned creatures actually remained by your side like they do in other RPGs.

Attached: 1557359713836.png (225x225, 50K)

While its still going to be huge I think the remake is too late. This remake should have been made last gen and ideally sometime before 2010. 2012 maybe at the latest. At this rate though this game isn't going to be around until maybe 2021 and that is only for episode 1 of a multi-part episodic game.

Had Square Enix played it smart and developed on this game right after FFXII it would have been monstrously huge. It legit would have sold as well as Skyrim or perhaps even better assuming it was multiplatform. Plus the chances of them staying more true to the game being a remake in everything besides maybe graphics and voice acting would have been way higher and most would have gladly accepted it remade like that since at the time before 2010 zoomers weren't around being obnoxious little hate filled children about everything old.

This remake once episode 1 releases will be a minimum of at least 10 years too late.

I meant in the sense that FFXV just had them pop up randomly as auto-win prompts in encounters without any input besides finalizing the activation.

No, because 7 was never good.

Attached: bs.png (195x193, 36K)

9 was better.
And anyone that disagrees can fite me.

Without launching multiplat, it won't break global sales records.

No it will be DLC lmao

Attached: watch?v=qOn2bWuA_0w-0004.png (1920x1080, 2.29M)

So you get two parts without an endgame?

Attached: 1400097523710.jpg (500x414, 23K)

he also has a green and blue materia in the opening where he fights the first 2 guards if the game

Huh, well fuck me. Thanks user

>not even a glimps of Tifa
fucking tease

Attached: 1557452912238.jpg (509x625, 31K)

This is Square-Enix, those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

So are they going to do multiple weapon models or is Cloud going to be using the Buster Sword the whole game because that's more marketable?

>equipment is visible on characters
Well, it's good to see they are finally catching up to a basic feature other RPGs have had since the 90's.

Attached: 1554281365522.jpg (782x520, 130K)

They were, though, in their own way. There was comedic elements added all throughout FFVII to lighten the mood and make sure that you only felt anxious when they wanted you to, such as visiting Shinra HQ after Sephiroth's visit or basically most of disc 3.

You can't do comedic elements in modern times, because the modern "Style" is emo and broody. Lots of ambience sound and music, dark lighting effects and filters, etc. It's the same in moves, and the same reason Blazing Saddles could never be done in 2019. (It's not the content that would stop it, it's the they can't lighten the mood to make sure no one took it too seriously. 2019 cinematography would clash with it).

You can expect most of the comedy to be stripped from FFVII Remake, except where it's an entire 10-minute-scene. All the little gags will be gone because they'd shatter the moody atmosphere.

so basically yet another victim of focusing on hyper-realism. shocker.

someone's butthurt

>No more optional dialog
>no more dating mechanics
I don't care for the harlots, I want to date Barret, goddammit

Attached: 1451584819314.jpg (224x225, 21K)

>They were, though, in their own way. There was comedic elements added all throughout FFVII to lighten the mood and make sure that you only felt anxious when they wanted you to, such as visiting Shinra HQ after Sephiroth's visit or basically most of disc 3.

>aerith died a horrific death
>let's go snowboarding!

FF7's tonal whiplashes are hardly worthy of praise.

Attached: 1555516508791.jpg (667x593, 242K)

oh fuck off, only reason they are doing it is so instead of selling it to you for $60 they can sell it to you for 5x$60.

I'll bet its the Grandiafag

>let's go snowboarding!
These two events are hours apart, what the fuck are you on about?

Wasn't the snowboarding kind of an improvised method of getting down a treacherous mountain?

If only we could get something with the aesthetics/character design of the right with the gameplay of the left.

>homsexuals

Attached: are you ok.gif (540x270, 2.33M)

You weren't forced to. It wasn't a linear path. You went back to the Highwind before the snowboarding stuff. You could literally spend 60 hours doing other shit than snowboarding after she died.

>aerith in battle
>tifa apparently invisible even in this wide angle
They're not yet prepared to damage control that shitstorm.

Attached: watch?v=qOn2bWuA_0w-0005.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Aeris has almost the same max HP as Tifa. Something tells me that's all wrong.

even the filter can hide the fact that her face is way too long, while her eyes are almost plastered on her forehead

There are many casuals out there who proclaim FF15 is the greatest FF game ever made and praise it's combat system, normally I'd say you can't worry about them and just have to ignore them but unfortunately they make up a majority of a games sales and what they do matters.

However this presents a huge hurdle for the casual community. Even if episode 1 is the greatest thing we've ever seen many of them will simply not buy episode 2, that's just how things turn out. Square seems to have chosen prior to starting development to make the game episodic and are forcing the issue and that's possibly going to backfire and cost them big time in the long run.

Just realized the 2015 trailer music is actually an Advent Children track. Huh.
youtu.be/ikmXR-W7Z8s?list=PLFDF58E9DED646654

Attached: movies-1557792738183-6102.jpg (1920x1080, 615K)

I will tell you this. They'd be very wise to add a toggle in Settings to change Aeris' name to whichever the player wants it to be. I absolutely will not play with it as "Aerith". That's a no-buy. I don't care what is right and what is not. I care about what I am used to and what I spend 500+ hours of my teenage years seeing. They need to give players the choice. Period. Boomers aren't going to put up with that shit.

Attached: 1532392538874.jpg (430x379, 29K)

That's not the only reason. It's already been discussed in this thread so lurk moar.

>Aeris has almost the same max HP as Tifa. Something tells me that's all wrong.
How is it wrong? FF7 characters were very homogenous, and the Materia systsem further eliminated any differences between them.

whoa no way really

Attached: 1556284345273.jpg (905x881, 266K)

Eyes need to be bigger.

Attached: aeris.jpg (375x744, 55K)

The only time she's ever looked different in official material was Advent Children, all of her recent appearances and artwork has been great. She's going to look like this and everyone will be happy.

The only real question is in relation to her hair, will SE wimp out and cut it shorter as to not have to render it?

Attached: 1557673804257.jpg (400x299, 37K)

I want to FUCK Sepiroth

okay then
>let's go to the amusement park!
or
let's go raise some chocobos!

Is there anyone who non-satirically thinks this will be fun based on what we've been shown?

Scale doesn't just mean world map size you dumb zoomer. Also XBX's graphics are dogshit.

It's really obvious the 2015 showing was a lot of improv, I remember people realizing it wasn't even actual new compositions or rearrangements even back then. They definitely were a rough WIP that probably didn't have a single thing past the bombing run done yet.

I never realized that the oc kid was standing behind Tifa

A lot of people. Hating on something popular doesn't make yiu cool.

best aeris by far

We're in an age of voice acting, user. You're going to have to sit down and deal with it, or not bother. Final Fantasy IV's DS remake added voice acting, and thus you couldn't rename characters and Namingway even changed his profession and name to accommodate. You want to bitch about Aeris (despite the fact that Aerith = a mangled Earth name that fits her more), go right ahead and die on that hill over there.

There are a few animations lifted directly from FF15 in there too, it wouldn't surprise me if the entire demo was a reskinned 15.

It feels more extreme that it is. Keep in mind that in FFVII, at level 25, you were still in triple-digit HP numbers. So 150 is a big gap

Shaming people who dislike something you like doesn't make you right.

the model is fine you dumb virgin

Attached: wud.png (650x371, 217K)

>Barret's gay ass fishnets
>actually zipping up Yuffie's pants
>Cid looking soulless as fuck.
christ I hate AC so much
Vincent is the only decent looking character

Raising animals sounds like a wonderful way to cope with the death of a loved one.

Nice try retard.

Looks like an elf minus the pointy ears.

>voice acting
>"Aerithphhtt"
>"Aerithddt"
>"Aerithftttt"
Yeah, this will go well.

That's because they didn't change Vincent's design at all besides the visual update to anime-realism. Which is why his armor looks impractically dorky and large on him.

>die on that hill over there.

Attached: hill.jpg (640x897, 181K)

If there isn't dual audio or at least a timely undub I don't think I'll even bother.

What, do you have a fucking lisp?

You're not actually delusional enough to believe this right

You and your horse faced waifu are disgusting. Never reply to me again

okay you got me

Attached: 297637556cc083ada1457009b14badfe.jpg (700x694, 50K)

They made Cait Sith cute as heck

Attached: 249851.jpg (225x321, 24K)

>name a couple of Chocobos Zack and Aeris
;_(

Reminder you can always just buy the japanese version and play that.

>"That game doesn't count"
>ad hominem
>moving the goal posts to include graphics
Here's some other games that have way more content than FF7:
Witcher 3
Persona 5
Divinity: Original Sin 2

No, because, unlike boomers, FFVII wont be their first RPG. Most zoomers have already played several rpgs. The boomers who hype this fucking game up have played 0 rpgs before it.

Adjusting for inflation, 50 dollar release price in 1997 translates to 80 dollars today. If you assumed literally zero markup other than inflation, 25 dollars per disc would be basically a 1 to 1 match with the 1997 release.

Of course it's probably going to be 59.99 per disc.

>(despite the fact that Aerith = a mangled Earth name that fits her more)
That is the most autistic shit and I keep fucking hearing it, which says a lot about Aerithfags. It's not a fucking anagram, there's no goddamn i in earth. "Aerith" is Aeris with a bad lisp.

>Persona 5
>more content than Final Fantasy 7
not really. padded unskippable time and Mementos aren't enough to compare on top of the social links and dungeons to the actual breadth of content of FF7 at all

HEY U WANT PRAY GAME

>that fucking scene
>it was so brutal and gut wrenching
>even though it was done with shitty ps1 graphics, it left such a impact on me as a kid
It's insane how much they missed the mark with the Crisis Core ending.

>only boomers will buy it
I'd estimate 90%+ of people who played it in their teens have grown out of gaming. They're not making this game for those people, obviously. They're not counting on old fans coming back. They're doing this to ride on its reputation and bring in today's 14-18 year olds.
I don't know how complicated that might be for the PC version, but it's not a bad idea. I have a rudimentary grasp of the language and I already know what happens in the game.

>traditional Tabata trait of people missing eachother by a hair and not communicating properly, as the Turks miss Zack by like 30 meters
>Zack fights the entire goddamn Shinra army instead of just getting his ass kicked by the three goons after a brief tussle off-screen
>still gets two minutes of living despite being gunned down point blank for a final speech and to pass on the sword to Cloud instead of Cloud just practically pulling it off of his corpse
>[Cloud teenage screaming intensifies]
>[J-pop intensifies]

Everything about episodic is a nightmare.

If they split it into three 20 hour portions like I keep hearing casuals clamor about then you'd be paying $60 for a 20 hour game, that's utter bullshit. Even still this means that they'd have to inflate the midgar section immensely to make it fill up 20 hours while at the same time cutting content from the latter episodes to make them small enough. Is episode 3 going to be the entire world map with the ability to backtrack to earlier locations while having ALL the side content?

I wouldn't mind paying $80-90 for a straight up fullsized non episodic remake.

When was the last time you actually played FF7? Because you are over playing the amount of content in FF7 way too much.

Half the devs didn't even work on the original so yeah that's no surprise

At least "The Price of Freedom" and the DMW breaking down in order ending with Aeris was kino

>If they split it into three 20 hour portions like I keep hearing casuals clamor about then you'd be paying $60 for a 20 hour game, that's utter bullshit.
By today's standards, not anymore. I see full triple-A games come in at less playtime on average, 20 hours is more like a higher threshold for anything that's not an RPG. Don't forget all the games that also emphasize their multiplayer and then put 80% of the budget into a campaign and advertising for it that's like, 5 hours.

>Mr. Tabata, sir, how many soldiers should we...
>ALL OF THEM

Attached: VIICC_Final_Battle.jpg (960x544, 177K)

>full length game get entirely in a greatly expanded Midgar

yes pls

Attached: 1557289030481.jpg (592x586, 50K)

I think a lot of the people saying this haven't actually played 7, or many JRPGs at all. It's in no way inconceivable that someone could remake a PS1 era JRPG and release it in one piece, they are nicely sized games but for crying out loud they aren't 200 hour long debacles. The original FF7 itself was made in around 2 years, and SE as a whole was putting out 2-4 games of equal size PER YEAR back then.

god tabata sucks
Im glad he left

This. Sounds pretty great. Though I do expect the 'campaign' or story mode to only last 40 hours at most.

It means 3 separate games that share a story.

Attached: 1547542619546.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

You have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

>SE

look up the
.hack games

Nice argument. Do you want to try that again?

Do you think modern gamers know who Squaresoft is?

Attached: 1358605357315.jpg (1229x922, 448K)

That's the point. They know exactly what they're doing by teasing you. Making you wait for the desert.

There is no way all of FF7 would fit into a single game with the graphics they're going for, unless they gutted a majority of the content and halved the original enemy roster while excluding the world map and making it linear like FFX.

also
>SE

Do we even visit any other Sector besides 8 and 7 in the original? Give me gif related for a few hours and I'll be a happy man

Attached: ezgif.com-optimize-36.gif (539x279, 1.84M)

FF7 was on average, 60-70 hours. There was a world map to explore, sidequests, minigames, a lot of dungeons, and a lot of plot for 2 discs even if the 3rd was mostly wrapping shit up. The pre-rendered backgrounds also meant that they could make every area relatively distinct besides all those caves. "Asset reusage" came down to what they reused between renders, rather than having to deal with 3D models for all of the environment details and so forth. I'm not saying the game couldn't be all done in one go by modern standards, albeit with some corner cutting, but what I am saying is that Persona 5 is not FF7 levels of actual content. Average playtimes for P5 are also not an easy thing to assess for comparison, because P5 is padded as fuck. They make a lot of mileage out of reusing the same areas over and over and over for numerous plot and social link scenes, Mementos is procedural-generated, etc etc

This. Its exactly why they said its being made episodic, so they don't butcher it. This way they also maximise profits. It's a win/win.

I don't really agree with his point of view, but FF7 was packed with content. Lots of dialog, NPCs, towns each with their own distinct atmosphere and theme music, not to mention a ton of sidequests and completely optional content, including playable characters. He seems to be arguing that all of that can't "fit" into a single game in 2019 when it did in 1997, which is just asinine. Not to mention that other games manage a similar "scale" in one game just fine today.

Now, if he wanted to say Square-Enix is too goddamn inefficient and it would take them 20 years to accomplish it, I could find that agreeable.

>FF7 was on average, 60-70 hours.
Wrong: howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=3521

It was less than 40 hours unless you autistically spend 100+ hours raising chocobos.

>There was a world map to explore
No, there wasn't. The 'world' map in FF7 is a corridor in disguise, being completely on rails.

>sidequests, minigames, a lot of dungeons
FF7 has a fraction of the side quests and dungeons that other RPGs have. I'll give you mini-games though, FF7 had a ton of those.

Attached: 1551390421904.png (420x420, 166K)

I had no idea Einhander was Japanese for white power.

Fuck Tabata

>we'll never get another decent front mission game
It hurts.

>The 'world' map in FF7 is a corridor in disguise, being completely on rails.
What does that even mean? There was literally a world map. You could literally explore it.

Why? Most games force you to download a bunch of shit anyway regardless as to if you have the disc or not, so why couldn't ff7?

>parasite eve
>vagrant story
>legend of mana
My man!

>howlongtobeat
I was using GameLengths. It seems the site you use is more detailed, but it really does vary per person it seems because there's a large breadth of how much time people might spend in the endgame.

good point
I'll stand by the fact it would take them 2 decides to release a fully fleshed out product.

Voiced dialog alone is going to take up as much space as the entire original game.

I was never a fan but I felt so bad when I saw how Left Alive turned out.

>What does that even mean?
The world map in FF7 is shaped like a corridor, conveniently barricaded by mountains and shorelines (and the sea itself is barricaded by reefs, so the game is still linear even when you get a ship) so that you can only proceed down one path, which is inevitably the next plot-critical location, which is typically nestled in some environmental chokepoint so that you HAVE to pass through it and progress the plot before you can access the next part of the world. This leads to very unnatural world design and means there is pretty much no exploration in these games, until you unlock the airship near the end of the game, at which point you've already been forced to traverse pretty much the entire game world in a linear fashion.

You're basing everything off of playtime, which isn't something you can do with a JRPG. Think about how much time in a JRPG is spent standing there reading dialogue (which would be spoken and acted out now, taking more effort), but then also think about how much of it is spent wandering around doing side quests, fighting battles, backtracking across the world map, and so on. While your playthrough might be 70 hours long that's not a solid 70 hours of hard brand new unique content, they don't have to create as much as you seem to think they do.

FF7 is a nicely sized game but it's by no means some titanic piece of art that has to be broken down in pieces to be remade, you're just not looking at what a 60-70 hour playthrough actually is and assuming welp it's 60 hours long that's way too much for one game. FF15 is a good example where if you do a casual run and do side content/wander around it'll take you 40-45 hours, but if you do a normal main story only playthrough it's barely 15-20 hours long even without speedrunning. That extra 20+ hours of content isn't breaking the dev teams backs to add in, the resources are already all there and created.

You just explained every FF world since the first.

The weapon battles are gonna be cool

That's how most world maps in JRPGs work, and I feel that's how the episodic nature will be. There will be a world map, but it will be incomplete.

Is this thread still alive? Did the new trailer look worse than the last to anyone else? Also cloud sounds worse too

If there's no jumping I dunno how you're gonna do anything other than cut their feet unless they really make the battles dynamic somehow. Then again the Guard Scorpion already seems to be pulling action game shit, hopping on walls and blowing up the arena.

It looked much better. Graphics and everything. Too soon the judge Cloud's VA, as he only had one line compared to the first trailer where he had more.

I don't understand the complaints about emo Cloud in AC. His first line in the entire movie is "Do I feel sorry for you" in a smug manner to Rude when he finds out Rufus is still alive. He even keeps his "Not interested" catchphrase. Given Aerith's death and after CC's melodrama, Zacks; I'd say it makes sense enough for Cloud to be the way he is and after being stabbed by Sephiroth and getting the last Zack flashback he becomes OG Cloud again, which continues onto Dirge of Cerberus.

Attached: rufus-dialogue.png (1280x720, 445K)

>The world map in FF7 is shaped like a corridor
That is next level retardation. It literally is not shaped like a corridor. At all. You don't have to spout buzzwords incorrectly to try to make your point and fit in with these dumb faggots.

You could have correctly summarized that entire post by saying "the game is actually quite linear and exploration is limited until you unlock the airship" without sounding like some pretentious faggot who has never seen a corridor before.

Summon battles were really bad in XV, despite early trailers showing them as being amazing. I could see Nomura going all out to give us what we deserved.

[spoiler[Summons themselves were amazing, when you actually got to use them, I can't wait to see how they look in 7R.

The didn't read the novels. It showed how Cloud was still grieving over Aerith, even though her mom tells him to move on. It connects so well the AC.

I hope they don't cut Sapphire's boss fight again.

I don't get it either. He was simply trying to do everything himself until he realises that he'll turn into Vincent if he keeps going like that. Poor Vincent can't catch a break from being shitted on.

this

You think so? The graphics look worse to me. The mech at 40 seconds looks like it belongs in kingdom hearts too.

>The graphics look worse to me
Then you're fucking blind.

>The mech at 40 seconds looks like it belongs in kingdom hearts too

What makes you type something so retarded?

All of those are FF7 monsters, user. The character designer for both the original game and KH is the same person also bumped up to director now.

>The mech at 40 seconds looks like it belongs in kingdom hearts too.
Made me think of Nier Automata. Maybe it's just the new battle system, but it felt out of place for FF7.

Disc one will probably be split into two-three chapters, two into two, and three will be released alongside a collector's edition with all of the content

I fear that each episode will be stand-alone and self-contained. Almost no character progression, no level. Maybe just materia you can acquire that boost some stats in each episode that will not carry over the next one. This is modern Square Enix we're talking about, you know they'll fuck it up.

>That is next level retardation. It literally is not shaped like a corridor. At all.
You have only one way to proceed, which is the very definition of a corridor.

>The mech at 40 seconds looks like it belongs in kingdom hearts too.
user...

Attached: CutterMachine-ccvii.png (573x419, 312K)

That's weird. Almost like both were designed by Nomura or something.

Based on this pic and your main childhood era, are you Gen X, Millennial, or Zoomer?

Attached: 1554425635207.png (1400x1039, 3.15M)

It's been a really long time since I played but in the original wasn't Sephiroth an enigma until you actually meet him? Like you only heard stories about him and passing mentions. Meanwhile the player was lead to believe the big baddie was Shinra Corp.
And now SE is fucking it up for new players by plastering Sephiroth everywhere.

Being Episodic means they'll have to remove some of the RPG elements, if they remove too much then why even bother playing it.

>the enemy from the original looks like belong in another game

Attached: 1557365521883.gif (275x225, 133K)

To play and watch scenes from FFVII with pretty graphics i guess, no other reason

Corridors shaped like the entire world map minus the islands you can't land on yet aren't corridors

Late Gen X all the way to late Gen Y here in terms of what I was exposed to, but generally the Late Millennial/Gen Y category. Not ashamed of it, they were fun years.

>which is the very definition of a corridor.
It literally isn't.

no it doesn't

>they had to replace them for non affiliated new guys

Then please get the new guy to voice Cloud in Smash Bros. It's this faggot from the union (Steve Burton) who ruined the opportunity of Cloud in Smash (two times at that).

All it means is that each chapter will have a level cap and that further chapters will actually be designed around building up from that point

>they'll have to remove some of the RPG elements
>because it's episodic
user what in the fuck are you smoking

I wonder why they didn't ask Kitase to direct it again. Maybe he turned it down?

>he thinks Zoomers want to play a non-licensed non-open world game

That enemy wasn't in the original FF7.

They're gonna go the XIII route where it caps you off from levelling any further until you progress further into the game.

source?

When society crossed the 2005 barrier did you notice a shift at the time? Did you like any of the new early gen z/zoomer stuff or no?

The last game Kitase directed was 8. He's been the franchise producer ever since then, even for this. Probably figured Nomura was the better fit.

My ass.

You find President Shinra with Masamune on his back and after Nibelheim's flashback Cloud explains how Sephiroth is back and he's gonna look for him.

They can do it like in the Mass Effect trilogy, update the level cap with each episode.

The good cartoons went to shit or got canned, the gaming industry's corruption started coming out in earnest which burned me away from wanting to become a developer, the triple-A industry started having less and less games I was interested in, and I started noticing how I hate all politicians.

Fair enough. Well they've been working together for this long I guess it makes sense.

>Level caps or other weird leveling limitations
>Normalized levels at the start of each episode
>Leveling itself might not be what we are used to, seeing as it's now an action game
>Sidequests now have to be quarantined to one episode or removed
>World map might not even exist, just think about how big the final episode would have to be compared to the rest

There is a lot to think about when you start chopping a game into pieces and refitting it with entirely new systems. Do you really think episode 1 will be Midgar stretched to 20 hours and episode 3 will be the entire world map complete with all 40-50 hours of side content?

It was in Crisis Core

That scene could have been apart of the Kalm flashback that Cloud is telling the party.

I look at it like the .hack games, especially given how much has remained seemingly from when the .hack devs were working on it. Episodic was a perfect fit for them because they've done it so much before. And the individual parts of .hack had meat on their bones to say the least even despite level caps and per-game quests.

bait

>Final Fantasy 7, Japan release date 1997
>>low-quality midi music
lmao the most adored game OST in the world

do you realize how retarded you are

.hack was a game designed from the ground up to be episodic from the start, so was FF13, so was Trails in the sky. FF7 is a fullsized complete game already, they are going to have to redesign portions of it, cut things, change things, move stuff around, and do all sorts of pacing changes to have it make sense in an episodic format.

This is an action combat system too that'll most likely see the leveling system reworked and god knows what they'll do with the exrta characters in your party. In the old games they sat in your menu until required for cutscenes, in FF15 you literally never had extra members and thus avoided this potential question. What will they do in 7R when you have a 7 person party but only 3-4 actually showing up in combat and walking around the game world?

Maybe they'll all just walk into Cloud's character model like the original.

It was, the only difference is the buzzsaws.

>so was FF13

Attached: 1509663037627.gif (171x172, 962K)

Neither of the sweepers in FF7 had buzz saw arms. I'd call that an entirely different enemy.

They weren't willing to do that in 12 or 15, I never played 13 so I've no clue there, so I honestly couldn't see them going with such a gamey thing for 7R. I have no issue with it but I doubt casuals would like it, not to mention a big part of having your party walk around with you is the atmosphere and interactivity it provides.

Shows that they're not being 100% inclusive to the original game at least. While i'd rather never have to see Angeal/Genesis again, the idea that they're including enemy types introduced in CC is actually pretty neat, expands the Shinra roster of enemies even more.

They need to drop the episodic bullshit they literally just want to milk FF7 for 10 years. Like they did with fucking
>AC
>That Zack game
>Shit of Cerberus

High graphic fidelity is not that impressive now like is was when AC came out I remember that first shot of Renos hand legit confused me if it was animated or not the effects were really cool for the time it was made,

The story was shit and confusing for anyone who did not play the game and the characters were ruined for people that did. Not to mention Square fucked up on 15 alot story wise and game play wise while it still has alot of good elements and production value they focused more on making the rocks look real then they did on making the core gameplay different from the issues that often plague open world games.

Suits are running the company in a way the hampers their profits by ironically putting them first. This should be one complete game and if they want to make money off of it for years to come they should take a look at the monster hunter world model.

Sell useless cosmetic shit to weeb tards and make big dlc that will keep players coming back.

It's a fucking shame when capcom unironically makes you look a fool

>so was FF13

Attached: 1550751338538.jpg (480x480, 47K)

Are we hoping for Classic FFVII Cloud, depressed but still driven?
Or Advent children Cloud, mopey and defeated but finishing his tasks despite his opinions on the matter
Or are we going full Kingdom Hearts Cloud, a massive pile of angst and emo mood that's unwarranted

Attached: aNKKGON.png (573x386, 289K)

That's what I said. They're basically the same enemy but with buzzsaws, they probably still have ones with guns.

In 7 didnt they frequently use the excuse they walked in separate groups?

Did you never play FFX-2? sidequests can absolutely span through the entire game even if they're divided by content

I'd like to see melee weapons hit from the back row. Nigger.

Classic Cloud, if he's going to angst it needs to be contextual to what's going around him rather than focusing on his mountain of issues all game long. Classic Cloud had snark, brevity and post-Lifestream a strong self-awareness about his fucked up problems without letting it get in his way.

The first trailer gave the impression he was keeping the Classic Feel.

>You're doing this for the planet, the same as us.
>Not interested.

I was just goofing around. I suppose they could just have a black transition screen where the non party members disappear (implied to have gone on ahead).

Yes.

I was with you until you ousted yourself as a double-standard pushing troglodyte and mentioned Capcom, as if their recent releases have been a break from their conventional cancer the past decade. You cunts choose what to get mad at, and I am honestly fucking fed up.

DMC 5 launched with less content than SF V. All the goodies that were present were (and still are) Deluxe edition exclusive. Bloody Palace took, what, two months to release? Even if it was free? There are no unlockable outfits, barely any fucking replay value, and you can't even play as every character in each chapter. This game is so bereft of quality outside of just the combat system that you I am convinced you Capcunts are an evolutionary tangent of DarkSoulsFags. Only, both of these lines end up as a genetic dead end.

RE 2 Remake was good, and I can understand the praise for it. But after all these years, so many fucking dumb games with predatory business practices, it's going to take a lot more than a legitimately good REMAKE of a 20-something year old game for me to start liking Capcom again. You people are sheep of the worst ilk. You get a little fanservice your way and you start giving these companies fellatio like the negative IQ faggots you are.

You twats complain about movie games like Uncharted and then praise the Yakuza series. You retards hate uglified, Americanized women, but then waifufag the fuck out of Jewish Redneck in DMC 5. Deny it all you want, but if that character had been designed by an American company, you fickle little shits would be crying foul from here to the land of the rising sun.

I'm not condoning or defending any of these games or companies. They are all equally shit, equally abhorrent, and equally cancerous in their DLC and nickel-and-dime schemes. What truly disgusts me is the collective blind spot you chucklefucks keep making in regards to various companies and developers. Get some goddamned taste and cease poisoning this industry.

Attached: 1556286621614.gif (640x360, 2.24M)

13 only had one character on the overworld. Most of the game you only had two or three people anyway. Battles took place on a separate battle screen, however enemies showed up on the world map.

I'm really curious on how they'll handle this, 15 for instance went with a very interactive approach between the party and the world around you. They were always present in the game world next to your main character, constantly interacting with things in the world, and constantly making comments about the story or small talk as you explored.

7R could be in a weird spot if they want to keep on with that amount of interactivity with your party members. They'd have to write so many extra lines or force you to have specific characters.

They've already definitely expanded the bombing run. Besides the fight with Guard Scorpion seemingly significantly expanded, they give you double the time to escape implying that there's gonna be a lot more fighting or a lot more to run through. It always did bother me that the two reactors we do bomb seem so damn small, FF7's great and all but Midgar was woefully underutilized, undersized, for what it was.

They're simply gonna go the Tales route and have whatever characters are in your party next to Cloud, the rest only appearing if they need to in certain main cutscenes.

A bit off topic, but are there any FF7 mods or mod compilation that completely replace all in game models, both in battle and off field with nicer higher poly models? If so, what's the best one?

obviously classic cloud, who would want anything else?

Attached: cloud_tifa1.jpg (2048x958, 294K)

I don't like the Buster Swor'ds design.
They should've left it barebones and had the design as the game progresses. Like he gets upgrades, then they can shoehorn in the multi-sword Omnislash that way.

Install 7th Heaven (forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15520.0), it's a mod manager with the mod list integrated. It has two models for HD models in battle and HD models outside of battle

Attached: pZJHxkg.jpg (1920x1080, 269K)

I hope they don't. A little extra dialogue is fine when you hear it the first time but then it starts to repeat itself over and over and over and over until you're driven mad. I was about ready to snap my disc in half if I had to hear Noctis bitch about the heat one more time.

It's stupid because he strives to get the fuck over it in the game.

>They should've left it barebones
Not sure I understand. Remake's Buster Sword has the original hilt and the Crisis Core blade

I MEANT THE BLADE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Thank you. I'll take a look.

You said "had the design as the game progresses", you ate a word. Upgrading the blade and making it look different would destroy the looks of such an iconic weapon, might as well just keep it like the OG game and have Cloud change sword. Seeing how you now get to see the materia in your weapon it'd make sense to change it, the sword may be, have been passed down from Angeal and all that but two non-linked Materia slots is shite.

>mfw Genesis shows up re-designed

Attached: 1556165214983.jpg (485x491, 23K)

sorry I am retard

Underrated. It will be the same thing as REmake 2 but even bigger this time.

Rude cope

Attached: Untitled.png (1268x1365, 836K)

>tfw they slip in some of the AC music

Attached: 1426216296796.jpg (850x715, 114K)

Someone read that bottle to me, I can't make out the text

Attached: Untitled.png (918x860, 996K)

how much zack wankery is this shit going to have

Zoomers don't care about FF because they never had a good FF for themselves. It's a rotting franchise for millenials & below to be disappointed about.

>DMC 5 launched with less content than SF V.
Nigger it has more content than 4 and 3 combined at their respective launch
>b-b-but my 4SE that launched 6 years after
quit being a jaded fuck, capcom has been doing better as of recently. fucking cry about a company wanting to make money and putting out a decent product while their at it

Attached: 1538882196830.jpg (444x444, 125K)

It is the best FF
go dialate zoomzoom

based

rent free

xv is the best ff

fuck off already jesus chrit

they aren't auto win in xv though
their damage is based on magic stat so their multiplier is only higher if you actively boost magic stat, if you don't the hardly kill anything

>FF7 Part III trailer
>End of the trailer is Genisis reading a Quote from Loveless
>Nomura announces an Episode: Genesis Epilogue DLC

Attached: DON'T YOU DARE SAY-.gif (220x104, 2.77M)

it is better tho

>12 hour game
>'content

Attached: isleep.jpg (600x537, 38K)

What part of
DELUXE EXCLUSIVE CONTENT
do you not understand?

Just because Capcom, AT THIS VERY MOMENT, doesn't seem AS cancerous as Company A or Developer B, doesn't mean that the shit they're pulling now is any more acceptable. And holy fucking shit no way in hell did it have more content than DMC 3 at launch, later editions notwithstanding.

Sorry, but if you release a game with cut content and wall it behind a premium before the game even hits shelves. Doesn't matter if it seems less bad than EA or Ubisoft or Tecmo. Bad is bad. Stop giving these cunts an inch and maybe we'll all have some limb left by the time video games hit another dead end.

I actually was dragged along to a Convention which hosted early demos of FF XV. Despite the high amounts of very young people all around the conventions, I don't think I saw a single underage in the whole area to test the demo.
At least I got an overly large FF XV t shirt as a free gift.

Autism.

Autistically not an argument

it makes no sense for a supersoldier to die from bullets
CC version is more accurate

eat shit nomuracuck

seeth more already jesus christ

this. zoomers are fucking souless drones and really appreciate stuff
they will just resort to parroting the opinion of their preferred "influencer" on social media

Attached: 1264376325.png (1006x813, 73K)