STALKER

>no real story
>missions are mostly chores
>you can't open 99% of the doors, climb or interact with anything so you need to cheeki breeky your way into places looking for retarded holes
>walking simulator into 3 to 500 shots fights since you aim head and your ruskie shots feet

Who the fuck said this absolute dogshit was good?
I tried over 6 times to finish the first game but this trash is unbearable

Attached: file.png (220x309, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7yip-ivqIJw
youtube.com/watch?v=eBhh23-paLU
youtu.be/lHhLmv32A2g?t=829
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl
youtube.com/watch?v=4fXPxR3biFg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Muh atmosphere

Imagine not being able to finish Shadow of Chernobyl

Holy shit how can you be this bad at videogames

Attached: cccchchcc.png (1920x1080, 1.83M)

Who the fuck said this bait was good?

>tfw home
youtube.com/watch?v=7yip-ivqIJw

Attached: 1551444418719.png (532x582, 514K)

Explain to me how can anyone not find this game enjoyable?

Like you playing on any other difficulty but master?

Do yourself a favor go fish in other waters.

There was another Stalker thread a second ago, and I have been playing it recently. Is it something in the air?

Also, I just found out that Letters of a Dead Man was directed by an assistant director of Tarkovsky so it might also be an influence on these games

Attached: CCE75C0E-C1CD-49D1-9207-D8A46A63518F.jpg (2169x1303, 253K)

Stalket is a pathetic meme, no one actually likes it

Well shit if all you wanted was a STALKER thread all you had to do is ask.

Attached: Strelok.jpg (510x610, 124K)

>no real arguments
>thread is mostly garbage
>you can't reply to 99% of the post or interact with OP so you have to make fun of his retarded logic
>shitposting simulator into 300 replies back since the place is filled with zoomer kids that want instant gratification out of everything

Who the fuck said this absolute dogshit opinion and thread is good?
I tried over 6 times to treat the first shitpost like this fair but this trash is unbearable

>rescue ivan from some basement
>you have 5 doors to do so but instead you need to find a hole and fight 50 mad slavs on your way since all the doors are just painted on walls
>thank you retarded MC go do your next pointless chore!
Seriously what the fuck is this shit

Same thing here, but i tried this game 5 times, not 6.

It's a 2007 game, it has it's limitations

>you need to move from point a to b
>there is a little fence some ruble and a half broken wooden door between point a and b
>you need to spend 3 hours walking around to do it because fuck you stalker
>cheeki breeki
epic game

It gets good on your 7th try, trust me

tread crib death is just a diceroll
if you get 5-6 replies in just as many minutes then maybe you have a chance
if you want to get better at attention whoring just have triggering oppinions

Attached: 1538979177812m.jpg (1024x1004, 138K)

>>walking simulator into 3 to 500 shots fights since you aim head and your ruskie shots feet
Can you repeat that again in English?

But the map is really small for an open world game, and there isn't much to do anyway. If you want to see bullshit, look at Far Cry 2, where the objectives are very far from each other, and there's convenient mountains everywhere to prevent you from taking shortcuts, and on the way you would face infinitely respawning enemies that caught up with you no matter what. Now, that was bad.

Nigga I started the thread because im playing it RIGHT FUCKING NOW and I just can't play for more than 10 minutes without tabing out out of extreme boredom
fucking kill yourself

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 3.8M)

Yea but unlike stalker, farcry 2 is a good game.

>walking simulator into 3 to 500 shots fights since you aim head and your ruskie shots feet

Attached: 1514574095791.png (403x448, 53K)

maybe the game just isnt for you
if you have a short attention spawn focus on multiplayer shit or something

I tried this game before and I couldn't get into it, all the enemies are bullet sponges and the gunfights felt really shitty. Am I doing something wrong or are mods a necessity in order to make it playable?

>all the enemies are bullet sponges and the gunfights felt really shitty.
What, just aim for the head.

Attached: 1544392744768.jpg (604x604, 93K)

>Who the fuck said this absolute dogshit was good?

Kill yourself, you have no hope

It's not for you friend. Go enjoy the games you enjoy.

What are you having problem with ?

Attached: 1542640365846.png (2775x648, 416K)

Even then it takes several shots though

>played through CoP numerous times on the hardest difficulty
>can't get past the first few zones in CoC

I don't know if I just suck at the game or if the difficulty is just up to RNG. The first fucking mission where you have to clear out 6-7 bandits is harder than most of the encounters in CoP.

Attached: ss_timst_11-30-18_22-20-51_(jupiter).jpg (1920x1080, 569K)

play on master

CoP is the easiest game in the series because you can get end-game guns in the first map.

The bullets have physics, some weapons you have to aim a little higher than normal to hit their heads, and some have shit accuracy and the bullet won't hit where you want, so compensate.

Attached: 1542640238462.jpg (1024x901, 303K)

Attached: flint.jpg (1920x1080, 761K)

Raising the difficulty will make enemies die quicker? What's the trade-off here?

I presume the weapons you have in the beginning are total ass then?

The difficulty in Stalker is fucked and it's unironically easier on Master.

that sounds like real life

Attached: 1400589453099.jpg (472x357, 13K)

guns do more damage on higher difficulties
it goes both ways

Finally an accurate picture a Yea Forums stalker thread.

What's that my 9x18 bb gun can't penetrate a steel helmet at 50 meters? This game is broken!

This picture will never cease to make me laugh because Duty doesn't actually do anything other than circlejerk in the Bar while Freedom are actually on the front lines holding back the tide of Monolith troops.

>I presume the weapons you have in the beginning are total ass then?
They are, help with the bandit camp mission, get their weapons and sell them to the merchant.

Attached: 1543712719007.png (800x585, 58K)

That's right you moron. We use you anarchists as the cannon fodder that you were and always will be.

You played on easy you goddamn idiot. Play Master because that's what the developers intended.

Attached: 1329853124114.png (240x249, 121K)

That doesn't explain your problem. Mad cuz bad, I'm guessing.

I don't like either side, Ecologists/Loners master race.

Attached: 1553807762369.jpg (600x600, 38K)

WHERE THE FUCK IS STALKER 2

lmao that's.. unconventional. i'll give it a shot. thanks anons

i gotcha, no mods for a first time playthrough then

Redpill me on that new game "Chernobylite"

youtube.com/watch?v=eBhh23-paLU

Attached: cheeki breeki.jpg (480x360, 16K)

You also take less fall damage, and I think you run faster. Because that's how a master would be, when compared to a rookie.

It's not just that, on lower difficulties, there's a chance that every bullet, whether it's fired by you or an enemy, will simply not do any damage at all.

I finished SoC a year ago but never continued the other two games. Should I just jump onto Call of Chernobyl?

Attached: 1539550671435.jpg (500x500, 25K)

So yes user, if you've been playing on anything but Master difficulty the game is basically shit. I've played hundreds of hours of STALKER (generally SoC and CoP mods) and I can tell you that bullets will literally RNG disappear on anything but master. They will shoot the shit out of you (now 100% of bullets connect) but you can drop them first with guarantee

IDI KO MNE

looks really bad rn
come have a look : youtu.be/lHhLmv32A2g?t=829

I think the mechanics in general are a lot more forgiving, at least I had an easier time landing headshots, taking enemies out at longer ranges and just generally hunting for artifacts. Where as the average bandit outpost would just wreck me in CoC.

Attached: ss_timst_11-30-18_22-52-39_(jupiter).jpg (1920x1080, 436K)

Attached: KcbjWrX.jpg (721x1066, 307K)

CoP is essentially missing the hobo phase. You start with an AKS-74u with ammo, a Sunrise suit and some meds.

Attached: 49b7056df5ab9f430258cea446ad1228.png (1692x658, 644K)

it almost seems like they used the difficulty as a pleb filter. these are baffling choices. seems like playing on master fixes the biggest issues i had when playing this game

sounds a lot better than how I played it earlier. any other things I should know before giving it another shot? (no pun intended)

Attached: 1485220337131.png (163x209, 2K)

Never played this game but who is the crusty nigger on the cover?

It's frustrating because anyone can see the potential in what's set up, but it falls short of something truly amazing, and there isn't and hasn't been anything else like it, so we're all stuck playing it.

The trick in CoC is to sneak around like the baby rat fuck you are and loot guns from npc battles until you find a good shotgun.

Then you boom boom buckshot some niggas

>So I saw this little fella down in X-16 right, you won't believe this
>Go on
>This little fella right, he had really long arms and was quite hairy
>He wasn't a monkey was he
>LET HIM FINISH

This the game is only hard in its first hour because you have crap guns and will likely get raped by a pack of dogs. After you learn simple things like avoiding fights and not running in like rambo its pretty easy. After that you get guns with better range and it becomes trivial by the end.

Is lost alpha any good? I played it when it first came out and gave up a couple hours in because I got bored.

Attached: EudhFzO.gif (2048x2048, 1.46M)

Just read Roadside Picnic.
It's better than any video game ever will be.

sounds like half-life

>until you find a good shotgun
Bullshit. You sneak around until you find something with some decent sights so you can headshot everyone.

Perfect zoomer post the game isnt instant action so its bad. Just go play Fortnite casual zoomer scum and leave Stalker for the men.

>Ubisoft Bethesda STALKER

Attached: 1554903983636.jpg (600x678, 42K)

Did Kopstoff ever release his thesis?

Attached: d395aa5-36e1540d-2692-4d80-8683-d70c63e3a4df.png (557x869, 374K)

You should probably play the regular CoP campaign first.

Honestly go in knowing nothing like I did (other than the fact to play on Master always) and enjoy it, hopefully. I'm not gonna lie, it is probably my favorite series of fps even with all of its flaws. I kinda have a thing for post apocalypse settings, and while this isn't one technically, its an awesome hybrid of half life kinda physics and "aliens" while being a pretty open world (even with load zones so not technically).

TL;DR I wish I could play it again completely fresh like you are with no knowledge beforehand

>Merc playthrough in CoC story mode
>really crushing start since there is not a single stash in the whole of Dead CIty since the map was never finished
>get some guns from the bandits in the building opposite to the base
>have to go to Army Warehouses swarming with Freedom and Monolith
>work myself up
>can't for the life of me find a better detector than Bear
>buy an exo from Nimble
>somehow this enables all other exos so I end up selling the Loner one and buying the Merc version with more artifact slots
>get enough money for deep pockets
>clear Brain Scorcher through the entrance from Red Forest because fuck going through Army Warehouses AND Radar
>fast forward to now
>just returned from a Sarcophagus trip
>finding the document there was a bitch
>now in Great Swamp to finish up some quests and dreading the slog I'll have to endure to finish the game
>probably gonna drag a RP74, about 1500 ammo and repair kits for armor and weapons there
Speaking of, fuck ALL Clear Sky levels. none of them are good. Great Swamp is big as fuck and the necessity to walk around the water is awful. Full of things that obscure vision but don't provide cover. And it takes ages to get anywhere. Red Forest, same thing. Can't see shit, anomalies and mutants everywhere plus Monolith and Bandits and Military. And Limansk is just a long corridor laced with radiation and Monolith. Same for Deserted hospital.

Probably a zombie or one of the C-Consciousness
lads

Sounds like the Dark Souls Prepare to Die feel to me. How would you rate the other games?

As much as I like stalker, it really need mods. It's fortunate that there's so many of them you're bound to find something you like

>download weapon overhaul mod
>game immediately becomes easier because my bullets aren't leaving the barrel at a 45 degree angle

The modern vanilla version is perfectly playable

>no real story
do you even played the game?
git
gud

Would SOC run on a ThinkPad? My old PC ran it a decade or so ago so I feel like that would be possible.

No it really doesn't. It gets better with good mods, yes, but vanilla is still great.

Okay. I was playing Call of Chernobyl for the first time, first time Stalker, of course i modded the shit out of it. Great game but after a week i couldn't handle the shooting in Stalker anymore, it's not the weapons, it's entirely the AI and no mod can fix that i mean even non-zombies either stand in place or move slowly to one side while shooting you it's terribly dull so i pondered: what's a solid run and shoot game i know, well Far Cry 3 that was solid i have good memories of it.
So i went and installed it i even modded out most of the ubishit crap all over the screen and made it harder and god damn Far Cry 3 did i have no taste or something?
I'm running through this big jungle but it looks like it's made out of plastic plants. Stalker's environments were beautiful and precision-crafted into this soviet desolation visual style.
The weapons feel purposeless and sound like different brands of a single BRRRT spraying machine. I have to hand it to the modders on this one but Stalker guns have each personality in how they sounds, very high quality modding on the gun sounds.
The ambient music, the sound design of Stalker itself is a work of art compared to Far Cry, i felt thing god dammit.
I think i'm going back to CoC even though it feels like i'm at the range doing target practice. That game really brings much more to the table.

Attached: fuck.gif (400x300, 2.03M)

>First time stalker
>Playing a shitty mod
God you're such a fucking faggot play vanilla SoC retard

>all these people referring to Shadow of Chernobyl as Call of Chernobyl

No.
I can see what the game looks like just fine and it's really great but the AI is crap to a point it really impacts the game. I'm tempted to turn off all spawns and play it as an urban exploration simulator.

Is CS worth playing?

I am aware of this but there are a lot of people who say CoC when they mean SoC

hehe cock

Attached: stupid.jpg (309x248, 15K)

I want to get into CoC. What do I need or what version to install?

Attached: Now THIS is blowout.gif (592x570, 386K)

Yes, but it feels wildly different than both SoC and CoP and in some aspects ruins the lore

Oh boy. I don't remember my full mod list but if someone finds me a good way to host a 5GB folder i'll share my gamedata.

Blowout soon, fellow Stalker
youtube.com/watch?v=4fXPxR3biFg

MEGA

Its coming

Attached: Stalker 2.webm (1024x576, 2.71M)

Call or chernobyl is just a free roam mod stringing all the maps from all the games together. Play the actual games for the actual stalker experience.

I don't want to create an account, i'm that kind of faggot.
Nobody wants my folder anyway it adds dildos suctioned to the side of rifle magazines.

I don't see how it would be much different apart from story missions. I'm diving into underground labs whether or not an npc tells me to.

Because the story is a good part of what makes stalker good, retard.

you're so cool.
go back to fortnite.

then at least me what to do.

imagine being as retarded as OP. What a fucking waste of space lmao

I said come in! Don't stand there!

Attached: Zhorik.jpg (253x458, 84K)

I dunno, The game gets really dull after a while, at least thats how I felt about modded CoP.
The gunplay is boring, the rpg isn't deep enough, the atmosphere is pretty good but ruined by shitty AI.
They should add deeper rpg and survival mechanics, and really fix up the gunplay and AI. I get what it tries to be, I love the concept, but I just don't love the game itself. I have tried at least 5 times to get into it, but every time I'm reminded why I quit last time. The wasteland loses it's charm because of shitty game mechanics.

i always thought this pic was a dog in a balaclava

I wouldn't know.

Attached: hmmm.png (492x463, 301K)

What difficulty did you play on? Not trying to tell you to "git gud" or anything it's just that the difficulty actually changes ai patterns and ballistics (not just for enemies but also for you)

i thought clear sky was alright

Attached: 1553020557727.jpg (680x680, 116K)

The story and world is a really great kinda sorta adaptation of the Arkady brothers' Roadside Picnic. You really are missing out on a lot of cool shit by just playing a shitty mod.

Clear sky is my favorite desu

CoC is here, many mods have been made for the 1.4.22 version of CoC. There are newer versions but you know how it goes people pick on version as the best and loath subsequent additions.
/vg/ Stalker has a way to play CoC without having Call of Pripyat installed but you can also pirate CoP, install it and never touch it again. CoC is a stand alone mod you'll launch that instead.
For modding it's very simple, it's all in the add-on tab. All mods come in a ZIP which contains a "gamedata" folder with the mod files in it. You merge and replace that gamedata with the gamedata folder in your CoC directory, you just plop them in there and overwrite. Beware! doing that it's possible to overwrite files with files of other mods so load order consists of "which mod do i put in first and which mod do i overwrite on top of that and on top of that and so on".
Load order depends on what mods you're getting but rule of thumb put the biggest mods first and overwrite with the smaller and smaller mods. Look at the file sizes.

Thanks man. I havent started CoP so should I finish that first? and can I skip Clear Skies?

I don't remember. I downloaded a damage mod, better gun models and animations, and atmosfear 3. Still, things felt too empty. It felt like the AI was just sort of dropped there, like they didn't belong to the environment. I think this game would benefit from some kind of multiplayer capacity maybe. On a larger map, where people can start their own stories. But i guess that's what DayZ and others tried to be already.

Just play the actual story retard

I want into CoC, should I play the latest beta version?
Also, what addons?

Do you know what bothered me is that everywhere is so empty of items. Now i'm not asking for some modern Fallout bullshit but i'm some kind of scavenger right? I'd like to pick a location and explore see what i can find.
Maybe a discarded damaged rifle, some old meds lying around hell some scrap metal to sell, i'm a balaclava slav nigger i'll settle for some scrap metal, a freaking mug or SOMETHING not NOTHING.
I swear the zone has been picked entirely clean by the most thorough team of KGB agents 2 days after the meltdown.

SoC is my favorite still, it just does everything in a fun progression. I still remember hanging in Cordon and unsure of how to go with my trash gear, to being at the Bar and taking any mission I want. Gear progression is the name of the game, and dem artifacts compounded is just so satisfying. Don't want to spoil the story, but I really liked it actually. The other two games completely rely on the first's story as "expansions" rather than sequels.

Clear Sky has some fun to it, and I suggest playing it, but know some of the bullshit that comes up in the story before hand so you won't rage (at one point all of your money is taken, and you can't do shit. Hope you invested it in resources or used it already or similar). It has really interesting faction mods, but it also the buggiest.

CoP mechanically is the best. It introduces detectors for artifacts among a lot of other things and is most likely the tightest and least buggy entry as well. I'd rank it higher than SoC but because of who your character is and just some of the pacing and story I still prefer being my Loner in SoC a little more. I probably have equal play time in both SoC and CoP though.

If you get through all these games and really like them, not only should you go through mods of each because there are some really well made and developed works there but also CoC combines all the maps from all the games into a big open free roam thing. But if you like having more direction in your games but free to do whatever any time style type of thing, I'd still suggest playing the main line games with mods first, many times even

The Chernobyl miniseries.

I played the story and that's what I noticed constantly. I get they're not some AAA company but when I can see the algorithm behind the AI's movement it's just not enjoyable in a game that's meant to feel realistic and immersive.

With needles in your dick and force fed vodka through an IV or else Ukrainian Komandos will come into your room to rape you with the barrel of their AKs.

Attached: german-women-raped-berlin.jpg (324x196, 32K)

I'm happy we've managed to turn this thread around from pitiful bait into an actual nice discussion about STALKER. Well done everybody.

Attached: 1497088113249.png (1853x818, 160K)

>bullets will literally RNG disappear on anything but master
This is false, stop spreading lies

Attached: 1526436943426.png (520x390, 69K)

this man is delusional. get him to the infirmary

Attached: 1531348408111.jpg (968x284, 65K)

He just spent too much time near feedwater, I've seen worse.

>I just can't play for more than 10 minutes without tabing out out of extreme boredom
Maybe you're expecting a CoD-like game in a zone simulator. Give it a try with a open mind, don't expect shit from it.

CoP looks decent if you throw resolution at it.

Attached: S.T.A.L.K.E.R._ Call of Pripyat 24_03_2019 12_18_43.jpg (5120x2880, 2.88M)

imagine not liking stalker

Attached: ss__04-27-19_20-32-45_(l03_agroprom).jpg (1920x1080, 409K)

In CoP there are actually stashes hidden all around, but they're just semi hidden. At the start of the game you can find a sniper if you know what tree to look for, plus there's a stash of meds not fsr from that point.

You can't be saved, just accept you have shit taste

I love shadow of tchernobyl. Its fucking fun!

Also in that zombie infested mill there's a upgrade kit and grenade/AP ammo stash

>Screenshot saved
Quit rapidly hitting the hotkey you tard