Sonic CD

Can we talk about this masterpiece and how it has 2 God tier soundtracks? Also I personally thought the time travel mechanic was pretty cool.

Attached: header.jpg (460x210, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JoHOZ9Ud1gM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I played this shit as a kid and had no idea there was a story let alone one that involved time travel.

2D Sonic Ranking:
3&K > Mania >= Sonic CD > Sonic 2 > Sonic 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sonic 4

The Japanese is the clear superior imo, but there are some US tracks that I prefer
>Tidal Tempest BF
>Stardust Speedway BF
>Metallic Madness PR and BF
Also, why was there no past tracks in the US OST?

Last I remember, they were in a different section of the game files that they either couldn't swap out or didn't bother to look.

The soundtrack was changed very close to release, and the Past tracks were all PCM/FM-produced, making them much harder to write/edit than having Spencer Nilsen sit in the studio for a week writing more '90s guitar riffs.

Love the OSTs, not a big fan of the vertical level design.

Mania is overrated, unoriginal and the level design drags on for too long

3K>M+>CD>2>1

Attached: Sonics favourite clothes.png (511x673, 244K)

Mullet power.

Attached: Spencer_nilsen.jpg (342x261, 32K)

faglord kys

Can't wait for the spiritual successor

Attached: kyle-and-lucy-game-download.gif (650x347, 1.77M)

Man imagine not having sonic 1 on top.

Sonic 1 is the best and you’re a fag if you say otherwise.

>and how it has 2 God tier soundtracks?
EU/JP > US

>masterpiece
>with that level design
Past songs intentionally only use a soundchip and not CD-quality premade audio

>>with that level design
just get good lmao

It's not hard, it's bad. It's just not fun. Are you gonna tell me that you enjoyed Collision Chaos and Wacky Workbench?

I'd rather play 4 over 2's later half and CD desu.

Just like S3&K

>White Park Act 3
>Sky Fortress Act 1
no thanks

Yes, because I'm good

okay but that doesn't mean the us version isn't good

hello retard

If only the US version had every existed people would still say Sonic CD has the best OST in the series

Maybe you just didn't play the game. I have never met a real person who can say with a straight face that Wacky Workbench is a well-designed level.

>4 acts of Labyrinth Zone
Nah

Does Scrap Brain 3 even count? With the shortcut, it's a minor inconvenience that takes a minute, tops, to get through

This is the true Sonic 2, made by the same team as 1 and kept the more trippy psychedelic aspects

It counts unless you want to admit it's so shitty people should skip it.

Imagine if someone like Yoko Taro remade Sonic CD with the Generations engine, and he got a budget and told his art department to just go crazy and do whatever the hell they want to for Little Planet in terms of levels and such, and got some stoned as fuck genius musician to remix all of the JP Sonic CD music. Just imagine how fucking cool that game would be, fuck.

>it's so shitty people should skip it.
that... doesn't even make sense

oh fuck goddamn

Attached: 76c.jpg (672x434, 23K)

>with the Generations engine
Stop stop stop stop stop stop
Classic sonic in generations feels like garbage to control

worst post of 2019 award

lol

>Classic sonic in generations feels like garbage to control
At least it's not Forces.

"At least it's not" is never a good argument

THE WAR BEGAN

youtube.com/watch?v=JoHOZ9Ud1gM

>kyle-and-lucy
this one looks great

Oh is that where the boss theme sampled from?

thanks bro, I worked hard for it

Adventure-zoomer here

i've never played the classic games. I hear the IOS ports are the first versions, is there like an IOS emulator I could use to play them?

It has one god tier soundtrack and like 4 passable songs in the US soundtrack.
Sonic Boomx2, Stardust Speedway Good Future and I think parts of Tidal Tempest were okay.

Sonic 3K doesn't have an IOS port done by Taxman. If you want to avoid IOS emulation, you can just get Sonic CD on Steam. For S3K though, you're best bet is just getting a ROM and loading it in Sonic 3 A.I.R.