Combat strength

>Combat strength
>GEP Gun
>Dragon tooth sword
>silent/scoped weapons

These break the game. Why invest in lockpicking or explosives when the GEP Gun and Dragon Tooth Sword are your "lockpicks" for most of the game?

Why invest in low tech when you can get combat strength and the DTS?

Scoped weapons take out enemies from a huge distance before they can do anything. And because bullets travel in straight lines, with good enough skill you can turn a pistol into a sniper rifle.

I love Deus Ex, but its so broken in so many ways.

Attached: 751_Deus_20Ex_20PS2_20Pack-PAL[1].jpg (800x1015, 214K)

Play with GMDX you numpty

The fact DX can be broken in many ways is a huge part of its charm you gen z faggot.

>Play with GMDX you numpty

Fixes nothing. GEP Gun and DTS are still super weapons.

its called not having autism and not minmaxing a really easy broken single player game

>Dragon tooth sword
>unlocked in the last third of the game

Your uneducated ass was saying?

/thread

It opens up other options for you to break the game with, or are you gonna tell me that instantly murdering enemies by throwing chairs at their face isn't OP?

I just picked up this game because I really loved Human Revolution despite its flaws. This game is really cool and I like the level of depth the developers wanted to give their players at the time, but I do think it is quite shallow in some ways. Hacking doesn't seem to be much of an issue when you put one level in it and the game showers you with multitools and lockpicks so even one level in each gets you by. Whacking people with a baton is great fun despite me having a terrible time aiming for the back of their neck to one shot them and going sanic speeds is great.

I wish it could be remade in some way. The voice acting is kind of hammy. Given its time, that makes sense and I don't hate it, but I do think it'd be cool with a facelift. Still enjoying the game regardless. Jaime is best bro.

>a baton is great fun despite me having a terrible time aiming for the back of their neck to one shot them

aim for the lower part of their back instead

Ah, thanks, user! I will try that later!

You do that

Attached: 1505765386883.png (742x934, 273K)

>GMDX
>gep gun is no longer a stealth weapon
It's shit.

You dont need any weapon to complete the game anyway

Based.

You forgot regeneration. One aug invalidates enviro training, medicine, aqualung, enviro protection etc completely.
I would still argue that regeneration is OP because there's no reason not to take at least one rank of it, especially when its "counterpart" is garbage

>last third
Barely halfway.

I dont have time for your gay shit, give me the speed aug and I just run around everyone

complaining about this is the same as putting all your points into swimming then complaining that you're useless

The only bad thing about those is that you get the GEP gun right at the start of the game and the only reason not to if because nobody knows what the fuck a GEP gun is. Having a natural power climb is one of the best things about RPGs

But its fun to play different ways.
I loved playing as a stealthy character who invests in lockpicking, hacking, and electronics.
Thats the point of the game. Play it your way augmented man

>not being sneaky

Hong Kong is 50%. As soon as you touch down in HK you can Rush to Maggie Chow's apartment.

btw, cool shit is that I believed her at first. Then as I was checking out her place I heard an MJ12 soldier cough.

Oh and Maggie Chow is seen in the intro. I just thought it was a random at first. Nope.

>You forgot regeneration. One aug invalidates enviro training, medicine, aqualung, enviro protection etc completely.

Yes, you're right. Thanks.

Giving you a shotgun would be so much more of a natural choice.

I believed her as well, then I took a look around and found the MJ12NET computer. At that point I realised something was wrong.

That's one of the better more subtle bits of gaming ever. The way these games typically play out is that Quest Givers are your friends. And if they do betray you, it's some rail-road style quest that you have to do anyways. The player rarely questions these characters.

You're only given subtle hints to not trust her. There's a random guy you can talk to who shit talks her. And you can see her in the intro (which I'm certain most people didn't even notice). A lesser game would just give you two options:

>1. Believer
>2. Don't believe her.

Just blatant and up front. Instead Deus Ex allows you to explore, and find out she's MJ12 on your own. Hearing that trooper cough in a place where I htought it was a simple house made me shit bricks. I don't think I've ever had that experience before.

Honestly by that point in the game I just stopped giving a shit about the plot and didnt realize she was important until after I killed her and stole the sword

>not minmaxing
This, it's pointless to minmax in a single player game or need everything to be perfectly balanced. That's the mindset of someone who got too used to building characters in multiplayer games where those are legitimate issues.

Just play the game for fun, and try to get in the mindset of playing a certain type of character who would rather lockpick than use explosives.

Here is my all-around to go build:

Computer: Trained at character creation (allows basic hacking and all unique, story related commands), master at endgame (shortest hacking duration, highest amount of credits from ATM's)

Rifle is by far my favorite weapon skill, and it's a good idea to raise it to master before anything else. Between the sniper rifle, assault rifle, and perhaps one of the shotguns, you will barely need another weapon. Spoiler

Augs:

Microfibral muscle: Carrying the biggest, heaviest objects really helps exploration.

Speed enhancement: Also very useful for exploration.

Regeneration: Arguably a game breaker at level 4. From what I've seen online some veterans deliberately don't use it as a self imposed challenge, but it's a no brainer if you want a "good build".

Other skills and augs are up to you. Skilled electronics and lockpicking may be good for your first run, when you're not familiar with the levels and loot. I wouldn't bother with low tech, swimming or environmental training.

I would consider hong kong even less than 50%
After it you have to go back to new york, do the ship. Go to paris and do the bank mission. Meet everett and then go to X51. Meet savage and go to the ocean lab. Redirect the nuke, and finally you go to area 51, but its a pretty huge level.
Really i think you've hit 50% once you finish hong kong.

for me it was when i touched the computer and her assistant turned hostile, so i had to waste her then maggie.

also don't forget that there's somebody in the street i think who tells you you could break in or something and if you use the elevator to go to the floor below (i think) maggies you can enter straight into the MJ12 part of her apartment, completely bypassing interacting with her at all

Also funny is you can just straight up execute her without saying a word to her, which in-universe is hilarious. It's a shame that doesn't give you special dialogue.

I want to get more into this game. Learn where all the augs and good weapons are hidden, learn all the good strategies. The first time I played it, I did a completely dishonorable character and I just remember running around at the speed of light, jumping super high and murdering everything in one or two hits with the DTS.

it wouldn't be that unreasonable either, you could deduce that maggie was into the shit early, just made a judgement call

honestly not a lot in the weapons department, the weapon you get last is the dragons tooth sword iirc

>im already 20 hours into deus ex and im only halfway

Attached: he smiling.png (568x584, 711K)

Is there a bug-fix mod out there? Just bug fixes.

I'd argue the game gets better in the latter half, with only some minor fuck ups. All of Paris is incredible, only rivaled by Hong Kong.

I hated Hong Kong because of how easy it was to get lost in the canals

>Throw scrambler grenade at a bot
>talk to Walton Simons
>run away
>bot insantly guns Simons down

Talk about anti-climatic.