I don't think this game has been memed about enough, considering its potential

i don't think this game has been memed about enough, considering its potential

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/583950/announcements/detail/1819924505115920089
hsreplay.net
youtube.com/watch?v=R0qZTS38cjw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

imagine the were people who bougth this shit even the people who bougth Fallout 76 had more from their money.

The game is so dead that even the doomposters dont meme it now. We have to wait until valve spends another year making it not shit.

didn't fallout cost 3 times more

I bought both.

Madara Uchiha!

Attached: file.png (1140x1568, 986K)

>that "still in it for the long haul" blog post

>like every other card is just a bunch of stats, attack targeting or damage
what the hell were they thinking

Attached: 1495464501895.jpg (598x625, 69K)

based

How did Valve fail so hard?

Best part about this game was to see all the dota 2 shills praise the hell out of it and weeks after release, all of them disappered

no need to succeed, just the will the experiment

they probably thought the core gameplay was so solid that they could make the first set more simplistic and add interesting mechanics in later ones

holy shit do I hate how RNG is baked in every part of the game. playing feels such a chore when you can never count on anything in the game and plan ahead.

>got game free from marketer on Yea Forums
>played on release
>opened an axe and several other cards
>within 4 days of playing I knew 100% this game was going to die
>sold all my cards for around 25 bucks
>bought gta5 and some other indie games with money

I'm enjoying hearthstone right now. And play both yugioh and magic in RL not in in online games.

The game is so shit for so many reasons I don't even know where to start? The price model has zero to do with why it failed.

Sad thing is this game is better than hearthstone and magic all the way around but poors complained it to death.

Don't even start the "rng arrows" argument

richard garfield lmao

>spent buy-in fee
>Spent an additional $10 on some singles I missed for a shitbrew in constructed
>drafted nightly for a couple weeks
>shitbrew had ~40% winrate because it got bodied by BG tokens
Honestly I spend more on pauper decks that I play half as long, it was a fun experience but it needs a lot of work and a few more expansions before it becomes playable. I think if someone stays on to make new expansions it could become successful by 2021

Attached: 1557109744755m.jpg (464x1024, 89K)

Didn't he make some butthurt comments after his game tanked?

if you unironically enjoy hearthstone your opinion is void, i'm sorry

I mean i opened Axe and sold it so it paid off

>Don't even start the "rng arrows" argument
rng shop, rng draw, rng minion and hero placement. it's fucking rng everything.

The price wall and monetization method was the reason it killed its potential with casuals but yes it wasnt the only reason it failed, probably about half the reason

Just waiting for them to add Prellex and Kanna into Dota 2 desu. Once that happens Artifact can stay dead.

the other half being that the game is fundamentally not fun.
you don't lose half your playerbase overnight, and lose around 75% in a WEEK if your game is actually good.

Not enough content to talk about.
Very interesting game in every way though, it's failure is something a man could spend an entire day talking about.
I am just thankful MTG elitists got BTFO, nobody thinks turning a game to a stock market is fun. Also, just kill the card game model.
Hopefully next step is a living card game or, holy shit, just all cards free (with progression system).

My guess is that they tried to hop on the Hearthstone~gacha train but didn't get how to do it right
They based the game on dota lore but dotards don't give two shits about it
They made a card game exclusively on a platform that online tgc players don't favor over mobile
They tried to cater to the marketfags and make a quick buck with the marketplace but ended up alienating a huge chunk of a potential player base with the initial paywall (even though cards aren't hard to acquire, it appears to be that way and that's what matters)
They wanted to create something new and refreshing for the gameplay but once again ended up making something convoluted hard to get for someone who has no prior knowledge of the game and boring to watch, not really esport friendly like hearthstone or mtg
Basically they missed the mark on nearly
every front possible because they're so incredibly out of touch with their core audience of PC GAMERS

Attached: 1557586780585.png (660x645, 327K)

Mtg has mana screw which mulligan rules barely help with. There are decks in HS who's whole purpose is to randomly generate cards making it unable to counterplay.

Minions and arrows can be slightly controlled. Blue and Red can change attack directions

Almost exactly like Autochess yet it's popular as fuck. Price/money is the biggest reason.

Do pedophiles think the same way? You know, that kind of pedophile that says he would never harm a child.

Autochess rng is mini gacha mate. It's far different that articuck's rudimentary rng.

People don't play multiplayer video games unless they are f2p gacha lootbox cancer these days.

Point is RNG fucking sucks past the random draw element. This is why yugioh does gangbusters and is still the most popular cardgame, decks are heavily consistent so you arent fighting your own deck half the time to play.

if you want basic you need really evocative effects and art, not shitty dota art and effects named like:
>combat training, enrage, fighting instinct, spot weakness, rend armor, crippling blow, defensive stance
>lightning strike, rolling storm, thunderstorm, thundergods wrath
>slay, gank, murder plot, pick off, assassinate, coup de grace

>Prellex and Kanna
unironically this

the only good thing to come out of artifact aside from it flopping so that valve could finally have a slap in the face

CARD
>60% of cards are just raw vanilla stats or modify effects
GAME
>heroes are just glorified creeps
REIMAGINED
>shopping phase is fucking awful

Attached: 1543898799019.png (512x512, 258K)

literally me

If they offered a lolipugna Arcana if you got Artifact, would it be enough to pay off for this whole fuck up they did with the game?

Attached: You twat.png (404x302, 141K)

>Also, just kill the card game model.
this but the whole digital cardboard thing

there's no reason to not have actual graphics on a computer

>If they offered a lolipugna Arcana
Yes. Didn't even need to read the rest.

Their problem was two fold really. They failed to appeal to any market.

Casuals didnt jump on because the paywall blocked a community from flooding in, and the lack of progress options immediately killed off all casual interest in the scene.

Pro players found the RNG elements fucking annoying and on top of the gameplay feeling really simple compared to every other cardgame it felt like there was barely any player agency, so thus the game wasnt skillful at all and they dropped it as well.

Somehow valve and garfield fucking failed at appealing to anyone. Its a game noone asked for thats made for noone but valves own jerkoff dota cinematic universe purposes.

Attached: DE088130-9696-4631-9D09-427D61E4A1AC.jpg (480x519, 40K)

NO based retards. As someone that plays every card game hearthstone is at an amazing place right now in the meta.

And to you retards thinking artifact failed with even HALF the reason to do with its pay model are beyond illiterate on card games in why it is shit. And probably why you retards think hearthstone is shit.

Artifact is by far the most simplistic card game on the market. Base set hearthstone on release had a way more complex meta in comparison with only base sets.

Making red's mechanic as an example BIG STRONG Heroes, BLACK IS GOLD, GREEN IS BUFF MINIONS, BLUE IS CONTROL HUUR is why the game failed.

Most card games have these aspects in different forms done in different ways. For example in magic all colors can do control. All colors can gain tempo, all classes can do removal.

Artifact is so simplistic it reduced said mechanics to only one color with being creative on how it is done differently.

This is the main reason it failed. The second big reason is RNG. I don't feel like making another wall of text however.

Thank you retard for commenting, we appreciate even the opinions of retards here.

it's too boring to mock.

This game didn't even flop based on hilarious bugs, it flopped because the gameplay itself was like taking a sleeping pill.

how do you meme boredom?

Attached: 1476474117-2302130a_orig.png (457x598, 381K)

>Do pedophiles think the same way
Evetyone thinks this way, its that "scrubs moment" phenomenon where your driving down the highway and your brain suddenly asks you if you want to intentionally create a 30 car pileup and killing yourself by ramming that minivan next to you at 70 mph. The going theory is its a sort of "bug/feature" of our conciousness that reinforces our decision making by sometimes tossing out a really fucking bad idea

Digital board game would be the coolest option, it's not card game enough, (ironically not enough RNG) I don't care about graphics though.

you mean like monopoly or like warhammer? Because we already have digital war games, they're called tactics games

i literally just said your opinion will not matter to me

What did hearthstone do to you faggots? It's a solid card game. So sorry it cost money to play!! If you want you can make a mid range hunter deck for under 3000 dust to craft with mostly common cards to play competitive.

Jesus fuck you retards are stupid.

Dota is legitimately ugly and an awful setting, if they just made it generic fantasy it would have sold thrice as much.

You need to remember, one of the main selling points to artifact for Yea Forums was being able to treat it like a cardboard stock market for Brazilian day traders. If you cant pirate it then its too expensive

>Digital board game
i would like something like that
Think about it, Goodkind narrating different adventures in a Mario party style race to a goal
>And so The heroes begin their journey to retrieve that item that was stolen from the king!
>Tresdin now has a divine rapier!
>The mighty Axe has a double dice now!
>Sven has killed roshan, now the the aegis belongs to him!
It's the perfect excuse to do some lore dumping and to try and add some details to the characters

Attached: the_last_castle.jpg (810x620, 174K)

It's a blizzard game. So retards like to sheep around calling all blizzard games shit. Plus poor fags can't into hearthstone. (they can now actually since rotation)

No. like just have all the cards free and it's a turn based strategy game where your actions are determined by you card draws. Like, mechanics could have less to do with rng card draws too, as people already forgot how much RNG there is in card draw. Modern board games are a wonder, the actual place where game mechanics are going forward. Check out Kemet, Scythe, Terra Mystica, Great Western Trail, Spirit Island or just BGG top 100.

Fucking casual, I bet you only play vidya and actually spend money on warhammers

Listen, if you wan't to make fun of Artifacts market system, you should shut the fuck about the fact that you have ever given money to Blizzard in HS. Also, just play MTG faggot.

>Sell your game as “the competitive card game”
>More RNG than Hearthstone but without the crazy meme cards

Wow why did it fail bros?

HEARTHSTONE BAD
VALVE GOOD
FUCK EPIC

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Based poster

Predicted the DON GIB MONIE TO BLIZZARD shit poster

How is that shitposting? There are shitty gatcha games more interesting than HS.

Worse

People claimed it was the 200IQ smart people card game. People claimed only smart people can play it.

End result is the dumbest, most RNG, most simple card game out there.

>blizzard shills ALREADY here
Can you just fuck off? HS has even worse gameplay than artifact

>comparing hearthstone to gacha shit

Now this is shit posting on a whole other level.

>actually liked artifact
>Only discussion when it was alive was Venezuelans talking about how to make money from it
>Immediately slid into blunderposting after
>Never got to give or get input on deck ideas
>Only got one game with someone through Yea Forums and he was playing a hot pile of 0-synergy shit

Attached: 1550770116872.jpg (1440x1439, 98K)

Can't believe I actually sat down and considered which card game to play between Artifact and MTG:Arena at one point.

Dodged a bullet. It looked cool, but it's now F2P or dead.

All collectible cardgames are inherently gachashit, japan just invented the label gacha

Are you trying to say that HS is a good game? Imagine having this bad taste.

oh it's fucking dead as shit

not only did they fire Richard Garfield and his friends, but they also made a blogpost saying "lol srry bout that, game on indefinite haitus for now, see you in a significantly long time"

Valve said this btw, so expect a new update literally never

Attached: 1557545475686.jpg (222x227, 7K)

t. blizz shill

Source? Fucking sad if true it looked like it had potential.

Theres a screenshot of gabens email floating around where he admitted they laid off the team, and another of garfield confirmed he was laid off

steamcommunity.com/games/583950/announcements/detail/1819924505115920089

When did this hot pile of trash come out again? Shouldn't there be an expansion for it by now?

As someone that plays mtg arena, duel links, and hearthstone currently hearthstone has the best meta with the most viable decks at the moment.

hsreplay.net

MTG at the moment is fucking trash ESPER meta fucking destroying every other deck right now. It's fucking annoying and shit.

Duel links is the fucking wild west at moment. You can go against anything.

t. Not a retard

it is actually a mental illnes, that often leads to depression,

Steam cucks are in full damage control about it

/dafg/ was a fuckin amazing ride. So sad to see it go as well

>a mod sponsored shitpost thread on /vg/

Attached: 1551562686753.jpg (585x583, 64K)

I see, I believe you then. That doesn't mean that it's "good", though.
I played duel links for some time and is that shit actually the most crack fueled digital card game ever made?

Just because the meta is currently shit doesnt make HS better, HS itself goes through trash metas just as much if not kore often

>Duel links is wild west
You actually are an retard. Duel links had the premise to be good but konami blew it because they saw it made money. So instead of slowly having a powercreep they added p2w with ancient gear and fuck everyone with six sams

Well it's not now based retard. It's thr best card game to play right now. Consider not being a biased shit and trying all card games. They are all great or bad on different times.

I don't know how to explain duel links. People simply get the best trap cards and then play any deck. And said said might OTK you on the next turn.

Certain decks are better than others but many many decks can just summon shit out of nowhere and just fuck you or you fuck them.

Personally I love playing ancient gears. Not the best deck but really fun to play.

>pay to win ancient gears

Ya they gave me free currency to buy one box. And I paid 3 bucks for another box...

So pay to win... It's not even best deck retard.

Too many decks can counter six Sam's and gears that it isn't true.

Six Sam's is pretty degenerate however.

>1000 gems to buy one box
>5€ to buy another
>hurr durr how about 4k att/deff mon special summon 2nd turn
Just because six sam is even bigger bullshit doesn‘t mean this isn‘t the same.

Current ranking

>hearthstone
high tier

>SIX SAM links
Mid tier

>ESPER ARENA
Low tier

>artifact
Retard tier

>guys, what we could do to try to expand on the Dota universe and it's characters?
>I know, a boring as fuck card game that not even the audience of the game wants!

Ricochet got way more shit than this game and at least that was fun in a novel kind of way.

They literally gave you 1000k gems when the set came out lmao.

>based on a property nobody cares about
>even if you DO care about the very narrow property you have to care about card games too
>gameplay sucks and is filled with RNG
>real world price model for your digital card game because....
>making a digital tcg when the market was already over-saturated with the shit

It couldn't have been any more obvious this shit was gonna crash and burn. I mean look at the reveal for it

youtube.com/watch?v=R0qZTS38cjw

Attached: 1523731871953.png (491x430, 109K)

I am a doggie

they should have made a diablolike instead. Was that custom map fun?

i prefer spang bonck

>>real world price model for your digital card game because....
because it´s perfect. It is still good to be able to buy singles instead of grinding shit. It was like an actual real tcg, but just digital and online.
But they made some mistakes:
>gameplay is not like other cardgames, where you can plan have cool combos or whatever
>rng is sometimes stupid
>no actual good singleplayer, at least letting you grind for cards wouldn´t be bad
>gameplay not even in the slightest good for mobile
>also mana bullshit
>dota lore

Please valve, make something good. Not a hurr durr you need mana for everything game, no stupid land shit. Damn just something fun and entertaining like yugi. Archetypes, fun special summon shit, no heroes shit (be it like in hearthstone or in artifact)

What pisses me off is this is legit the biggest blunder in history. And since it's valve and valve has so many dick suckers it doesn't get memed.

This shit is 30 times more pathetic than anthem, fallout 76, SWTOR, FUCKING ANYTHING.

THERE IS ONLY FUCKING 200 PLAYERS FOR FUCK SAKE. This is legit the biggest failure in history of gaming and since everyone is a valve drone it doesn't get memed.

>mfw I remember all the very obvious shill and valve drone threads saying Artifact was gonna be game of the century and that their digital card collection was gonna be worth millions

I should have screencapped more of them

Attached: 1546367906145.jpg (408x408, 76K)

>It was like an actual real tcg, but just digital and online.
actual real tcgs are for either fiscal supermen or the fiscal mongoloids, they're grossly overpriced. There's no reason for a jpg with some stats to cost 10 bucks, but that's what axe is for example. It was always a scam with cards that exist just as pack filler.

I loved how they all vanished...

Now no said artifact was going to be good. I personally knew it was shit quick. So glad I paid zero dollars for it.

Attached: artifact.png (1219x791, 488K)

???
its a fucking card game that didnt really have a lot of advertisement beyond some paid content on twitch. it's not your HUGE TRIPLE A E3 GAME! hype shit, that's why it doesn't get meme'd.

Considering the state 76 was in, I highly doubt that still was a lot of money

>actual real tcgs are for either fiscal supermen or the fiscal mongoloids, they're grossly overpriced.
That´s true user, but that´s why the path they choosed wasn´t bad. They made it like an real tcg just digital. You could sell your cards, you could trade(wasn´t implemented yet, but they wanted to do it) etc. like in any real tcg. Compare this to the other digital card games? Sure you start for free, but they will get your ass with microtransaction shit or with you grind 1000 hours

Now let´s compare this to artifact. You pay 20$ get two starterdecks an 10 packs. Each pack costs like 2$ so you actually just pay for these packs. Now you could be just sell all those cards you get, why not? It´s yours. You can play online however you want, draft, tournaments. You could also play prized mode so you can get packs. That´s pretty nice actually. Now if they would make an actual good fun card game, that isn´t a magic clone or anything like heartstone, added a singleplayer campaign from the getgo. It would be amazing.

I had kind of fun playing a Jew gold generation deck black/green but after some matches it became clear the game rewards general “strong” cards more than it does any overarching themes.

I saw some streamers playing that, developing a massive gold pile for fast item purchases looked cool. I was playing a U/G combo deck that ramped mana and played copy effects to shoot off a few of the 20 damage spell in a single turn, alternatively it could drop the huge green creature

Based on valves fucking pay per employee it's just as expensive as any triple A game valve drone. They worked on this shit for over 5 years.

pay isn't what determines Triple A status unfortunately for you lmao

Wow did you miss all the faggots calling this the Hearthstone killer and the next big ass game? All the people playing the market thinking it's going to be huge?

Wow amazing how goal post change. On release ITS GOING TO CHANGE GAMING, 1 month and valve apologist say

>it's only a card game
>they didn't invest much
>no one expected it to be big
So pathetic

what people here say is irrelevant retard, most of it is irony meant to rile someone up.
usually when a game gets mocked is because there was a large percentage of people that genuinely believed and were hyped for it and it ended up being a massive blunder. it's not the case for artifact.

There is only fucking 172 players at this current moment right now faggot. There is 350 valve employees.

That is literally a fucking blunder.

>all time peak players was 60,000
>all time peak now barely hits 200 people
>not a blunder

VALVE DRONES

???

Attached: 1.jpg (751x389, 56K)

do you know how to read? check the first part of the post