What indie has the best chances to get in Smash, taking legacy, popularity, personality...

What indie has the best chances to get in Smash, taking legacy, popularity, personality, and moveset potential into consideration?

Attached: The Five Smash Indies.png (755x560, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KtVL0eAHP5w
youtube.com/watch?v=UOinmXEvEXc
youtube.com/watch?v=M3DMIqebmU4
youtube.com/watch?v=sqsuNMeXfYk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Commander Video

None of them have a chance

The hotline miami dude has more chances than everyone in that pic combined

These Z-tier shitters doesn't deserve to be playable

Alright why?

Quote has the best chances in my heart

Attached: Quote's_Remastered_Chatbox_Image.png (803x995, 200K)

Why this pic includes shovel knight? He is already an AS and has not hope of becoming playable in Ultimate.

Because it's not your shit pick

I didnt say Ultimate user. I just said Smash.

user i dont have a pick I'm just looking for info

Quote because he's the posterboy for Japanese indie games. Shovel Knight is the western posterboy but he didn't make it.

My personal pick would be the Dead Cells Beheaded because moveset potential and scarf.

Attached: 1097e83d31313b56994eb3e8d6e91275.jpg (242x400, 29K)

Reimu is the oldest, most popular, has the most unique personality, the widest movepool, and has a new game coming out soon.
Only Frisk is even competition because undertale has more global popularity while touhou is japan focused.
Everyone else can fuck off.

Attached: reimu_nendoroid.jpg (600x650, 114K)

Reimu since she's the oldest, most popular, and from Japan.

What's her personality? I' havent played any Touhou games cause for the longest time my old comp would just for some NOT start them up and I havent tried to download any of them on my new one/

Sans is unironically more likely than all of them
Name a more recognizable and popular indie character in both the West and Japan

The fact that Shovel Knight got in as an Assist confirms it wouldve been him

She is an asshole.

To play Devil's Advocate, what are the reasons you could see Sakurai choosing NOT to put in Sans or even an Undertale character in general?

I don't think indies have a chance in Smash. I'd hate it if any indies got in. Shovel Knight as assist was enough.

>legacy
>popularity
>personality
If we're considering all of these at once, fucking none of them (I'm not considering moveset potential since that's a total wildcard with Sakurai). I don't get this retarded obsession with Smash "needing" a singular character to especially acknowledge and represent the entirety of indie games as if they exist in a vacuum totally separate from other video games.

But if you put a gun to my head, Quote is the least undeserving since CS does have a legacy that still stands in indie game design and it still has decent popularity. As much as it guts me to admit it, I'd place Undertale in distant second because of its fucking nuts explosion of popularity, especially in Japan. And finally, Reimu is in (also distant) third since she has the longest legacy of any indie character discussed, but suffers from having little presence outside Japan. Beyond that, nobody else from indie gaming has ANY claim to Smash whatsoever. no Minecraft doesn't count as indie anymore but I don't want that shit either.

>my old comp would just for some NOT start them up
How the fuck, touhou games can run on the shittiest hardware imaginable.

Reimu is lazy and carefree, since her powers make her basically untouchable by anyone. She is ruthless and has no problems with casual murder, and likes to pick fights with anyone.
While she is the protagonist of touhou she has more traits of the typical final boss character.
Basically, she is a bitch, and it's awesome.

Attached: fuck'n_serial_killer.png (1178x664, 725K)

Sans because he's not the protagonist.
Frisk would be boring but I honestly can't think of a reason an Undertale character wouldn't be picked except for it just not being picked.
Its got everything necessary.

Touhou is more popular than Cave Story in the West, champ

Isaac, Quote, or Sans.

Every time I tried to start one it would just shut off suddnely like I could get to the title screen but then the games would just quit themselves. It was weird cause they worked just fine for like a couple of weeks but then all of a sudden they stopped working properly.

I personally think it needs one more game or two and a few more years to it to qualifiy but thats just me.

That must be why Touhou games got constant rereleases in the wes-OHNONONO!

Reimu doesn't even fit with the rest of the characters. She's in the doujin sphere, and is completely removed from the "indies" as the west knows it. Reimu is more comparable to characters like Saber, Miku and Katalina.

Quote because yes, Reimu because popularity

Well it has 2 and undertale is almost 5 years old.

>OHNONONO
Good job invalidating your post, retard. Touhou still has an active following in the west and no amount of shitposting wi change that.

You choose a wrong time to say this as official games are coming pit. The demo of TH17 will be release in steam soon, the last official fighting game isncoming to switch (the first official game in a Nintendo console).

Unironically Reimu

Touhou is by far the largest dojin/indie franchise with the most prolofic fanbase (actual world record) (and the series is big enough to even have its own conventions) and brings an unique gameolay style to the table

>Pit
*OUT
Goddammit, how I can make such typos?!

>grandpa of indie games
>vast amount of guns and weapons to make an interesting moveset
>any one of the levels would make a good stage
>all that music
>curly makes a perfect echo
>we will never get this

Attached: tumblr_nqp8na778L1skz5x6o1_500.jpg (500x375, 23K)

So when will this Smash game come out?
I want this Reimu Smash shitposting to be over soon. Console for Touhou is a curse, not blessing.

Attached: reimugrip.jpg (540x404, 22K)

Personally I don't care but I think a lot of people are sick of Nicalis porting Cave Story to everything it can possibly run on, especially the autists who think every version they've ever made is inferior to the original freeware version because of reasons like "it wasn't meant to run at 60 FPS".

If I want to get Cave Story, whats the best version? I was thinking the switch version so far.

>What indie has the best chances to get in Smash
Unironically an Undertale character

Attached: 1555437303548.jpg (540x764, 67K)

Lol no

Yeah

If Toby was asked permission to add an Undertale character, he'd probably refuse and request to put in a Touhou instead. That's how big of a 2hufag he is.

>If Toby was asked permission to add an Undertale character, he'd probably refuse and request to put in a Touhou instead.
Nah that's just silly

Nah, he would refuse because he hates the fanbase.

Would he be okay with Deltarune though?

Why didnt Commander Video return for Ultimate?

Yeah, sure

Attached: Deltarune.png (1199x702, 216K)

The freeware version is free, so, you know. It's still good, not missing anything that matters from the re-releases, the gameplay is exactly the same in all of them.
The Switch version has Co-op, though, on top of everything from the CS+ version. I don't know how good it is, but if you have anyone you want to play through the game with, you could do that.
I've put the most time into Cave Story+ on Steam. I actually like some of the new music tracks more than the originals, but you can switch between all the OSTs whenever you want or use the original art too. The re-releases have some time trial stuff too. But other than what I pointed out, they're all basically the same. They play the same, have the same collectibles, the events that happen are the same, the script is slightly different in the re-releases but that's it.

Reimu, of course. It's a foregone conclusion.

>Touhou
Next to none.
>Runner
Next to next to none.
>Quote
Low to moderate.
>Shantae
Rather high.
>Shovel Knight
Actually one of the highest chances of being a third-party character out of all potential inclusions, let alone this list.

Shantae. The only one that actually started as a real game on Nintendo.

>most popular
Weaboos are this delusional

Attached: 1557623329213.jpg (645x729, 88K)

>Shovel Knight
Fucker should be glad he even got to be an Assist Trophy.
>Shantae
See above, but replace Assist Trophy with Spirit.
>Reimu
She has the advantage of being Japanese, aside from that I don't really know shit about this character so I can't give a good answer here.
>Quote
One of the only indiefag characters I'd be okay with.
>CommanderVideo
What would his moveset even be?

Name me one other indie series that has it's own convention twice a year.

Quote is the only character that even comes close to a chance.

He's a wojak poster. I don't think you'll find a reasonable discussion from him.

Conventions are for retards. You don't even know how much people attends to those

Meanwhile Shantae has mass appeal, her games sell on everything.

Personally, I think Outer Wall would be a neat stage.

Madotsuki would have the most fun moveset of all possible indie characters. You literally cannot prove me wrong

Attached: 437464333356.jpg (870x970, 322K)

I'd play as this bitch

Attached: 1532341114353.png (1024x408, 417K)

Are you honestly trying to argue that Shantae is more popular than Touhou? Now I know you're shitposting.

Never happenig

Take your shit game back to tumblr

How much do Touhou games sell?

Nig, you retard. I don't even like either of those franchises, but you'd have to be real fucking dumb to think Shantae is more popular than Touhou. Regardness, neither should be in Smash.

Why am I even arguing with you? Shantae was already acknowledged in the game, Touhou will never be. Who cares

Right. She's been cursed as a spirit, and will never be considered playable material any longer. Reimu, however, still has a chance.

The dog devs begged for a bone and our gracious lord Sakurai showed them pity.

Didn't Touhou 16 sold higher than new CoD game on Steam at some point?
I don't remember.

This area right here feels like it was born to be a Smash stage, glad someone made it on Stage Builder

Attached: balcony.png (480x272, 7K)

In that image shantae has the best chance but shantae isn't indie

We don't know actually. The games only got onto steam fairly recently and most people in the west still simply pirate them, and we don't have any numbers from japan.

Shantae games sell very well.

lol no, they don't. The entire series sold less than a million copies.

Shantae and Reimu probably. They're both from older, established franchises which still have a cult following.

Fake.

Well, if it's fake how about you show me some source that says something else?

Tell that to Lucas.

Give me Quote or give me death. Reimu is arguably more influential and widespread but it’s Cave Story that truly gave birth to the modern indie scene.

Attached: 829C4F57-823A-442F-B983-2C3E23D9C344.png (677x600, 103K)

>Elder God Tier
Madotsuki
>Good tier
Reimu
Gunvolt
The Knight
Filia
Quote/Curly
Shovel Knight
Mr. Video
Sans
Jacket
Shantae
>Okay Tier
Hat Kid
Frisk
Isaac
Cuphead
Spelunky
>Could be fun, but would probably suck
Bendy
Fancy Pants
Angry Birds
The Braid guy
>eh
Meat Boy
Yooka-Laylee
Guacamelee
Freddy Fazbear
>Shit
FEZ
Goat
Octodad
>Below shit
Mighty no. 9

Quote, no contest. Cave Story hitting WiiWare was one of the biggest moments for the indie scene.

none

smash is fucking garbage
>block
>grab
>throw
>repeat
>lol
kill yourselves, faggots

reddit

>But would probably suck
>Fancy Pants

YOU TAKE THAT BACK. Good taste for remembering him though.

If by some miracle Undertale gets represented, it would be Frisk. Sans is a walking spoiler.

He's in.

Attached: 180px-Pikaman_Hack_Moveset_Swap_Brawl.png (180x292, 84K)

Isaac would never get in because he's literally a naked child

Reimu doesn’t have a personality actually. She nearly is indifferent to everything and only feels emotions a few times throughout all official media.
The “Crimson Slasher” personality is just a meme made by secondaries.

If we’re seriously discussing flash game reps, does that mean I can hope for Platform Racer?

Attached: 156EFF90-943E-43C5-BCDC-EB19D573E9C8.png (1529x3078, 503K)

>Shantae sells
For as popular as shantae fags pretend she is in Japan she hasn't sold well

If you mean Ultimate, it came out in December. However, the shitposting will never end. Switch AoCF was my direct Pipe Dream and I'm glad it's happening.

Attached: 1557285666777.jpg (700x852, 175K)

The fuck you talking about? Is this some sort of advanced falseflagging?

Based

Attached: 93875893725694.jpg (680x578, 66K)

I'll give you something, Touhou games don't sell on anything other than PC. The next game isn't even a shmup, that's how much they care about that franchise

Reminder that you'll eventually kill yourself if she gets in

Attached: Reimu-in-Smash.png (1338x678, 116K)

No, I want it, I want the chaos, the want the elitists fags to fucking lose it and Yea Forums being full of touhou spam while the mods can't do a shit!

Wut? The hell you on about? The next touhou game is a typical mainline bullet hell game.

>The next game isn't even a shmup.
What? TH17 is a shmup.

The chaos timeline demands it. Brace yourselves.

Attached: 1555821806543.jpg (705x717, 446K)

>Touhou games don't sell on anything other than PC.
Nice source, faggot

>The next game isn't even a shmup, that's how much they care about that franchise
You're literally talking out of your ass. A demo of it came out last week, do you honestly think anyone would fall for this?

>youtu.be/KtVL0eAHP5w
How the fuck this is not a shmup?

Today I will remind them

Attached: gkrkigrwpfw11.png (1424x2298, 531K)

If Quote gets in they'll probably pick somewhere dumb like Grass Town

Attached: Face-Curly_Brace_sad_r.png (96x96, 2K)

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING Yea Forums! Just wanted to remind you that we're never getting Reimu (yes, THE Reimu from Touhou Project) confirmed in Smash Ultimate or any future Smash for that matter! Make sure to sigh in relief when the Fighters Pass gets complete when Reimu isn't present in sight!

>B-BUT TOUHOU PROJECT IS GETTING AN OFFICIAL GAME ON THE SWITCH
"No!"

Your degenerate otaku trash crap will never be in. Just because a late port is confirmed doesn't mean she's guaranteed. Reimu is a literal who for the wider margin of the world and the otaku demographic choice is already taken up by Joker. There's also how literally any third party has more notoriety than Reimu and would result in a much more safe option for Nintendo and Sakurai to choose to appeal to more people. If Dragon Quest is considered anti hype by western rosterfags, Reimu would be a million times worse. Now go back to /jp/ and neck yourselves.

>Moveset is obvious
>Can actually hear the Smash remixes as I listen to the soundtrack
>Know exactly what the stage should be
>Can actually see the Curly alt. skin being switched to in the back of my mind
I am getting Belmont levels of "fits in Smash like a glove" feels. The problem is that he's a bigger never ever than they were.

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (600x350, 23K)

I don't see touhou games on the Switch and Xbox.. That's an 80-90 million fanbase there. So much for mass appeal.

You were supposed to post some retarded Reimu pic, idiot. It's obligatory

Attached: 1549587819403.png (189x165, 7K)

Kino:
>Outer Wall
>Egg Corridor
>Bloodstained Sanctuary
Decent:
>Balcony
>Mimiga Village
Meh:
>Labyrinth
>Waterway
>Sand Zone
>Grass Town

>Masuda saw how low LeGo is on Amazon and probably called Sakurai crying for him to shill the series lolololol

Japan's assault on LGPE will never not be great.

Attached: 1522015999148.jpg (288x224, 25K)

Reimu rarely shows emotions other than a blank stare or innocent obliviousness. Some of her character descriptions even describe her as indifferent.

Doesn't it still count as a personality, though? You don't hear people saying Sakaki doesn't have personality, do you?

Attached: 3275283.png (1022x766, 659K)

Indifferent is not the same as no personality, it just means she can't really empathize with other people well because her job and her powers put a big wall between her and normal people.

I don't see Mario and pokemon on pc, playstation and xbox either, retard

>Balcony works great as a standard Smash stage with the right side being a walk off
>Mimiga Village works great as an 8 Player Smash stage
>Outer Wall works great as a vertically scrolling stage
So many levels are practically pre-made for Smash, but I actually can't see Grass Town. They'll might go for it anyway though since it's "iconic".

user...thats not how that works. plenty of currently playable characters in Smash now started off as trophies or ATs or stage elements before upgrading to playable.

But never in the same game

those are 1st party owned games dumbass. your analogy fails on so many levels.

It would probably be the middle bit with the giant jellyfish. Basic battlefield clone, throw in some breakable platforms, small jellies float around like hazards, giant jelly periodically attacks like Ridley/Yellow Devil. It's the most uninspired option they could go for.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x355, 36K)

I never mentioned in OP post that this was referring to "Ultimate" I just said Smash.

Attached: Smug Rei Ayanami lol.jpg (406x406, 59K)

>Shovel Knight
rip
>Shantae
rip
>Reimu
no
>Quote
no
>Commander Video
unlikely but possible

Steve

And touhou is on pc because the creator said so. Not that it matters since it's getting ported on consoles, so here you go

>Commander Video was a trophy in 4 but nowhere to be seen in Ultimate
HA...HAHA!?

Attached: 1539744413047.jpg (255x223, 14K)

Quote seems to be the most likely taking those into consideration. One of the first few indie games that got mainstream and kickstarted what eventually became the indie gaming craze, been on Nintendo consoles since the 3DS, including a special version of the game that took advantage of 3DS's 3D. All the guns would allow for a good moveset, good music, couple of potential in-game areas that could make a nice stage.

Being indifferent means you lack interests in anything and never reacts to anything.
You can’t show off your personality if you rarely react to anything.

I'm not the guy you responded to, but his anology works because Mario and Pokemon's existence proves that a series' appearance on certain game consoles has jack shit to do with how popular it actually is. A huge part of Touhou's popularity comes fan-produced material. Doing direct comparisons to other game series is not very fair, as they all have different avenues of popularity.
For example, under your logic, I can claim that Touhou is the most popular franchise ever by the Touhou's number of fanart it has on pixiv, or by the amount of fan albums it has produced. But we both know that's not true.

I would actually like if her Smash Bros. splash screen had her with his face.

Attached: 1528568171251.jpg (499x500, 50K)

>Sans
Mr. Bones is a much better skeleton rep, has jokes rather than puns and has actual talent.
youtube.com/watch?v=UOinmXEvEXc
youtube.com/watch?v=M3DMIqebmU4
youtube.com/watch?v=sqsuNMeXfYk

One of these things is not like the other

One of these things just doesn't belong

Attached: 1556672488370.jpg (960x843, 114K)

Pretending nobody got deconfirmed

Shovel Knight > Shantae = Reimu > Quote > Commander Video

What makes Commander Video so low chance in your eyes?

What the fuck are you talking about? Reimu is extremely animated. Even in the games she defaults to being a smug prick. She's lazy, greedy, mean-spirited, basically awful in every way and that's why she's great.

I feel more like we'd get a Kongregate rep rather than SparkWorkz rep.

Considering that Shovel Knight is probably disqualified because he already appears in battle as an AT, I’d say the most likely series are...

Cave Story - legacy appeal, international popularity, locations that would work well as stages, memorable music tracks

Undertale/Deltarune - international appeal, cast of recognizable characters, memorable music tracks, shill pick for Deltarune

Hollow Knight - international appeal, shill pick for Silksong

Cuphead - international appeal, memorable music tracks, benefits of Microsoft partnership

Crypt of the Necrodancer - memorable music tracks, shill pick for Cadence of Hyrule

>because undertale has more global popularity
No it doesn't. It was a fotm 4 years ago and that's it.

Quote, CV, or Travis.

Literally no fan support and one of the few characters who went from having a trophy in 4 to getting literally nothing in Ultimate.
I have never seen anyone rally for CV in Smash, the only time I see people bring him up in regards to Smash is when people are discussing other indie characters.

Reimu will not be in Smash because Team Shanghai Alice has no control over derivative works of Touhou and does not enforce a copyright on the characters themselves.
This is the overprotective Nintendo we're talking about. They would demand restrictions on the character that Team Shanghai Alice wouldn't even be able to give. It's never going to fucking happen.

Yeah alright I agree there. I don't really see much support relative to the others.

Terraria character is IN

Attached: 3E9D8117-FC72-49D6-B2DD-418BEBCD49CF.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Man I keep fucking forgetting Travis is indie.

People say Shantae isn't indie but isn't the team that makes NMH bigger than WF?

ZUN took down that Patreon funded Touhou Smash clone project. Just because he's incredibly lax with his property doesn't mean he has no control over it.

>Noctis
I'd unironically like that. Royals Arms and Ring of Lucii (Death, Holy and Alterna Spells) would be fucking amazing. Could throw in the elemancy stuff too. Final Smash could be Armiger Unleashed, Armiger Link or a Eidolon Summon.

He only took it down because of the crowdfunding, not the game itself. They were free to produce the game, and sell it, without violating copyrights.

I dunno why you think they'd "demand restrictions on the character." Easy licensing is a point in favor, because then you avoid a retarded Square-Enix situation.

But user, PR2 is one of the most played Kongregate games...

Not really. Not since Sword and Souls

Why would Nintendo demand restrictions if they're the ones asking permission to use another company's property? Do you know how negotiations work?

Isaac is gonna be in

Attached: binding-of-isaac-blade-strangers-roster-e1525975347504[1].jpg (640x360, 30K)

Can a character get into Smash's roster as a third party even with only one or two game and being less than 5 years old? Should they? have they proven they want fade into obscurity yet?

*won't

Any character can get into Smash. Take every reasonable criteria you could possibly think of, and then realize the fact that Joker is in the game shits all over every single one of them and you're now completely liberated.

Joker is part of a long running series though. those characters inare for the most part single game series that are relatively new.

This, the only remaining critera that have yet to be broken are western born characters and characters that have already been presented in the game at some point (i.e a spirit/AT).
The only relatively new character on that list is Cuphead.

I don't have high hopes for Quote but he's the only indie character who has any chance at all, for the reasons you've stated.

Because it's not another company's property. She's barely anyone's property. Reimu, and any other Touhou character, have the legitimacy of a DeviantArt OC. Derivative works of Touhou, including all of the hentai and what have you, implicitly carry ZUN's stamp of approval.
So yes, Nintendo *can* add Reimu to Smash. But they have no way of controlling what Reimu is associated with. Also, they would have a hard time restricting depictions of "Smash Reimu" and copycats of her moveset.

still I dont gel with the idea of a third party with only one two games to their names getting into Smash's roster unless they've been around for 10_ years or have great connection to Nintendo to compensate. Smash shouldnt be puttng every flash in the pan that manages to make a bright spark in the gaming community for being "well received hit"

What bullshit are you spouting? Give some sources and/or fuck off.

Freeware version if you don't care about side modes, switch version if you do. Switch has all the extras from all the versions besides the extra maps from the shitty 3DS version that relied on the 2.5D in that game, plus coop and some new sound track variants. But the original is still available for free and is the same game without the extras.

i can say that the reitaisai crowd was immense for the th17 demo this year
and it's still one of the series with the most fancontent at comiket
so we can sey that ZUN has a lot of $$$

>Reimu, and any other Touhou character, have the legitimacy of a DeviantArt OC
And the other indies don't?

Attached: bored birb.jpg (640x640, 33K)

Do you not know how Touhou's copyright works? ZUN himself only enforces his rights to the games themselves and the OST. But any derivative works of the characters, music, or anything else, is fair game.

They have legitimacy because the creators actually own the characters and enforce copyright on them.

>actually own the characters and enforce copyright on them.
ZUN owns touhou and enforces copyright on them, he is just lax with fan creations. If any company tried to claim touhou as their own without ZUN's approval he would shut them down.
You are so wrong, it hurts.

>allowing derivative works is the same as allowing people to claim the game as their own
What the fuck are you even saying?

Are you so mentally impaired that you think ZUN doesn't own his own characters?

>does not enforce a copyright on the characters themselves
Do you have any proof? I'm fairly certain that every commercial, non-doujin Touhou product got the approval of ZUN first, either directly or indirectly via a publisher.

>They were free to produce the game, and sell it, without violating copyrights.
You're completely missing the distinction between doujin and commercial products.
At the time there was essentially no way to sell the game in the West because ZUN specifically didn't allow selling derivative works on Western digital platforms. This has changed since, but he still doesn't allow crowdfunding.

>Final smash is the knife
>Characters scream and disappear just pike in the gamr

I'm saying the exact opposite, work on your reading comprehension. Or did you reply to the wrong post?

Waterway is great just for the color pallet and nice music.

Not a single indie character has a chance when Nintendo's pining to garner interest in Smash with those who currently hold no interest whatsoever.
Unless you still think, somehow, Steve still counts as an indie character.

Please either go actually look up Touhou's copyright before making a baseless counter argument or fuck off.
ZUN allows you to do whatever the fuck you want with the characters. He holds the rights to the games themselves and you can't claim them as your own. I literally said that. Maybe you should work on your reading comprehension.

And I said the exact same thing you said. So why did you even reply to me?

Attached: magicant.png (256x224, 9K)

Because you seem to think that it means something else. Claiming something as your own is completely different from just being able to use it in a derivative work.
Creating a character doesn't mean owning a character. Just because you can't say "I made this" doesn't mean they own it.

2hus showed up in a Taiko game by Bamco

>Creating a character doesn't mean owning a character. Just because you can't say "I made this" doesn't mean they own it.
So, you're saying ZUN has no power over how people use his characters?

Attached: gokek.jpg (552x504, 35K)

Yes, that is exactly what I'm saying.

Erina.

Attached: sample-836efa14e751163bab1e2281a5fb185b.jpg (850x1200, 260K)

>Please either go actually look up Touhou's copyright before making a baseless counter argument or fuck off.
What's your point? ZUN states that "[t]he copyright of the Touhou series, including its characters, content, quotes, and music belong to [his] circle".
That he doesn't enforce a copyright on the characters themselves just isn't true.

Then how did ZUN aborted a fanmade Smash clone in the making? You fucking retarded faggot.

Literally none at this point.

cut shovel knight, Shantae, and Reimu out of the picture, throw in Hat Kid, pic related, and as much as I don't like it, an undertale rep that isn't Sans

Attached: 1550699119593.jpg (614x780, 137K)

But no though. Did you actually read his licensing restrictions? You cannot do whatever you want with the characters, if you're using it for a commercial venture you have to clear it with him first. This is why he shut down that UFOtable anime collab for example.

Because they broke one of his few rules: no fundraising. Also, he just asked them to stop that (otherwise they could continue) but those devs threw a tantrum and ragequit.

don't even bother with that retard

Why should some third party who's debut game is also the debut of their entire series, is still fairly new get in over characters with more games, have been around far longer and are just as well received?

You actually have no fucking idea what you're saying. Read up on Touhou's copyright. They allow full use of the characters, it's just the crowdfunding they don't like.

What makes The Knight so special?

adding Hat kid or The Knight to Smash would be like adding Inkling to Smash if somehow Kirby or Olimar were still not yet in. It'd be retarded.

1 is that they're a wholesome Nigger
2 is that for such a minimalistic character they got a good moveset going for him, from the projectile attack to the dashes, the defending dark and screeching abyss.
Not to mention Hollow Knight did pretty good when they ported it to switch, so there's also that.
Personally I'd prefer based bug sibling Hornet though but I doubt either would ever get in, it's just a pipe dream

Attached: 1552410630063.gif (500x550, 2.97M)

>HE DOESN'T OWN THE CHARACTERS!!!!
>But he can copyright strike people who use them

Attached: delicious.gif (333x194, 1.78M)

Ive been thinking og gettin Hollow Knight, should I just buy digitally or wait for physicla release in a few months to get a case and all the DLC with it?

honestly either or, depends on your preference.
If you want to get some of the merch with it, grab the physical. If not, stick to digital.
If you're getting it on PC you can also get it DRM-free on their own website

uhh I dont know PC stuff what does DRM free mean?

means you don't deal with shit that requires you to be online in order to play the game.
it's a PC only thing, no need to worry about it for the console ports

For doujin products he basically allows anything that doesn't break the law and doesn't use his assets.
But "[y]ou need [his] permission to sell commercial goods."
He even specifically doesn't allow commercial sexual content, so your point that he allows "full use" is moot already.

Greentexting isn't actually refuting anyone's points

If I had to rank them

Reimu>SK>Quote>Shantae=Commander Video

As for the reasoning
>Reimu
Touhou is one of the longest running, most successful indies out there, Reimu is very unique and can provide something new to the table.
>Shovel Knight
One of the current indies who struck gold recently. Already available on multiple systems and provides a rich world with tons of potential for content. Has an easily conceivable moveset and a model.
>Quote
Historical value and moveset potential.
>Shantae
Niche pick, already in the game and has been on multiple games to build up a moveset
>Comander Video
See above

>if i can lend you my car, it means i don't own it

Attached: mario plant.jpg (853x1024, 78K)

if you allow someone into your house, that doesn't mean you no longer have property rights over your house

My one thing against SK and this is subjective but he really lacks a good way of expressing character like Shantae or Quote or most others. Its not too big of a hindrance given some characters already in Smash but we know Sakurai has looked into how characters show off their personality in their home games when selecting new roster picks.

As a nintendo Choice, probably Quote for the local support (disclaimer, of the top of my mind I don't Know if Cave Story is a japanese game, but I know is more popular in Japan even today)

For fan demand, is either Shantae or Shovel Knight, none of them is making it into this season pass, but if we get more DLC on the line, Shovel Knight is just out, so Shantaer my win out of fan demans assuming no new Indie Darling come with a bigger fan demand. In any case, again with Shovel Knight out for this game, she surely seems to be the Indie Character who would get the biggest support in second Ballot.

Hat kid shits on all of them

Kris would be a better choice. You get all the pros from Frisk plus anime swordsman.

Falseflag ahoy

There are like four mainline games on steam at the moment

Greentexting isn't refuting anyone's points

Pic related was scrapped from melee because the west didn't know about her. Reimu isn't getting in

Attached: Ayumi_Tachibana.png (111x400, 26K)

Why should a one game series character made after 2010 get in over others from longer running series with multiple games to their name? This talk of The Knight, Hat Kid and others like them getting in smash would be like inducting a guy who just joined his first MLB team and made 10 homeruns in his first game into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Yet Lucas, Marth and Roy were added before the west even knew them.

>the west doesn't know about Touhou

Imagine believing this

Attached: military bun.png (500x750, 740K)

Doesn't look very oblivious here.

Attached: reimu vs kasen.png (1019x1443, 838K)

Why do people champion Shantae as some all-encompassing indie rep when most of her games are mediocre and don't have that many ideas of their own?

>Touhou
>Longest running series of the bunch
>Has had multiple successful conventions dedicated to it throughout the years and popularity still is high
>In its peak it dominated Comiket and even after it reclined it's still in the top 4 of content sold there
>The games on release tend to sell out all physical copies fairly quick
>Releases on Steam topped the most played charts
>Fan content so good it has topped Nicovideo's most viewed,and was featured in American news sites.
>Fans make quality fangames of it instead of making it their own original IP due to how much they like it
>Is releasing games in consoles now
>Has multiple official ongoing manga
>Has had fan made anime with fairly good quality
Touhou is a monster of its own level. The only indie games that ever get close to it or surpass it eventually get sold to bigger companies (Minecraft, League of Legends), Pretending any other indie game is anywhere close to it is downright misinformed or delusional, it'd be like me pretending Might and Magic was bigger than Youkai Watch because I never got into the latter. Sure Cave Story and Undertale were talked about more during their FotM but they eventually faded into obscurity. Touhou remains constant due to how easy the games are to make.

Based

Never realised how much of a creepy pedo vibe this scene had until now

That's not how the scene goes in the game, user. That's a fan comic

wait a second, that number of characters...

Attached: 5bdb213b110d4c5139560044.png (1200x675, 706K)

Imagine Yea Forums's reaction to a second fighter pass being revealed and eventually THOSE 5 get revealed as the fighters

what would happen?

SK's an AT so he's deconfirmed...

well shit. Shantae, Quote, Reimu an Commander Video all sound like great picks for the rest of the current Fighter Pass.

because thats your subjective view.

Id be up for Quote if he had more than one fucking game. its just been riding on constant ports and side games where he's in Nicalis crossover games like Blade Strangers.

Everyone in the West will know Reimu after ZUN and Toby Fox announce a Touhou collaboration.
For now, this seems much more likely than Reimu in Smash, but in turn it would make a future appearance in Smash more likely.

This one poll is interesting in that Reimu, Quote, and Shantae all placed on this poll, with Quote at 47 Reimu at 20 and Shantae at 5.

Attached: Smash Bros Ultimate 2nd Unofficial Fighter Ballot Results.jpg (1200x1120, 226K)

Cuphead
>unique design
>great music
>parrying projectiles is a very unique mechanic that could work in Smash
>solid indie rep, CH has quickly become one of the most popular indie titles in years
>recent Switch port

>anything 3rd party should get in Smash even if its still super young as a series.

theres literally nothing to proof Cuphead wont still be a thing 5 to ten years from now. that would look fucking embarassing if it was in Smash and that ended up happening.

playable I mean...

Case in fucking point.

I am the first user and i never mentioned anything about him not owning his Characters. He owns them but you can use them as long you follow his rules.

Why are people so into putting FotM into Smash's roster? Id like to think a third party needs you know some fucking legacy attached to them to get into Smash's roster? It'd be like putting the character from FEZ in Smash if its release had coincided with being around Ultimate's. A third party should not get into the rsoter just due to having ONE recent popular well received game....especially when its their ONLY game.

Firstly
>proof
Secondly Joker is from a numbered entry in a niche series of JRPGs, basically Persona's Corrin and absolute flavor of the month, also it's not even on Switch.
Stop with this 'muh precedence', Reggie basically said "no, it's gonna be characters you're not expecting like Joker", CH definitely fits that description. Hell the more you say "oh he's definitely not going to be in" the more likely it becomes simply because it'd be unexpected.

Attached: 1556424030365.jpg (1242x1467, 187K)

Fuck all of you he's in

Attached: cc6d8887dc1596a9b5afca5aa8299b14c0c332d0_hq.jpg (794x1024, 36K)

This. I try to tell Cupheadfags all the time but they just won't listen. If Nintendo bowed to their demands we'd have Meatboy and Splosion Man in this game.

Attached: 1535295826512.png (478x456, 407K)

tfw no fitting costume for him as mii brawler

Literally impossible, but based

BASED

Attached: Beltboy.png (384x429, 18K)

>The knight at 17
well at least they got good taste

Attached: file.png (640x480, 453K)

so by your logic Shantae is guaranteed given how fucking "never ever" people put her as.

So it works in mt favor.

he's still part of a series that has been around since the 90s.

and don't get me wrong I love the idea of Cuphead in Smash but I don't think a third party should be part of roster just cause they have ONE really good game.

Literally the only characters left that I care about getting are Quote, Eggman and Bandanna Dee

Attached: 1422031901382.jpg (710x508, 360K)

Nah, she got Spirit'd and falls in the realm of 'missed their shot' with Shovel Knight.

time to shill out my mii fighter

Attached: D6eCCeWUUAABmlQ.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

hmm just like Mewtwo and Lucas.

I want to agree with you but at the same time I feel like Nintendo is trying to keep up with the oddball DLC characters like Neegan in Tekken, I'm gonna keep predicting like the 'rules' just don't apply anymore.
Also for reference, my other prediction these days is Rash from Battletoads.

Cuphead for the Stage and music tracks alone

Attached: cuphead clown.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

>Cuphead stage
>THIS MATCH IS GONNA GET RED HOT

I would agree but everyone acts like the rules suddenly fucking apply when I bring up derisive picks like Shantae or KOS-MOS. "Oh no the rules don't apply to characters I WANT."

As long as we agree that Goku is dumb and Spongebob would be a better nonvidya
Also I'm okay with KOSMOS as long as I get someone like Rash or CH

CH?

Merely posting to check whether I'm banned.

Cool.

Cuphead

he's in

Attached: ariduka55 hylics.jpg (593x1052, 186K)

>He is not here.
If seems cowhu really killed him.

Attached: 74713647_p1.jpg (972x1728, 1.11M)

Wait a minute...
The tagline for ultimate is EVERYONE IS HERE.
What if nintendo is secretly lurking all the threads and planning on releasing every whack theory character at the same time.
Your body will never be ready.
still no waluigi

the only answer

>Jacket
My man

Attached: 220.png (500x613, 523K)

Attached: josef machinarium 2.png (385x343, 260K)

As such, Otis was absorbed into Touhou.

People at my local think I'm crazy for wanting Quote. I'm glad people here understand how well he'd fit.

no one in that image. its sans.

Switch Isaac and Sans and it will be objectively correct.