The state of Fire Emblem

The state of Fire Emblem

Attached: 1557504430166.webm (1280x720, 1.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fxk1syuf5lo
youtube.com/watch?v=rkux5h0PeXo&t=48s
danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3417745
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where'd this footage come from?

She's cute, just has a fucked up face. It's rectified in fanart though.
Shitty animation but I don't really care since it's not something that'd pop up a lot, I assume.
Not that I have a switch, of course, I'm not still 12.

It's okay to enjoy the things you like, user. No need to be insecure that mean anons will bully you online for owning that system.

RWBY new season's looking good

That's nice and true, user, but why are you telling me something that seems so obvious?

Fire emblem was never good.

You don't have to clarify your age or that you don't own the console then, one might question your age for spending your time on a video game discussion board in general.

just looks awkward

I think the new Fire Emblem actually looks great.
What's the problem here?

Attached: lol what.png (963x720, 498K)

>CLANG

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HOLY FUCK

It's Fire Emblem therefore it's bad.
On a serious note, I have had the biggest hateboner there could ever be for Fates, but Three Houses isn't overhyping itself with false promises in its trailers so I'm at least interested in seeing it.

What are the chances that MUs can be fully customized and that this will show up in the cutscenes?

I don't understand why it looks so bad. Can't IS just ask other Nintendo studios for advice?

Attached: 1549030930326.jpg (1200x675, 140K)

>he says as he posts a game that likely suffered from nintendo pulling staff to work on BotW instead

>background characters don't even move

JUST LOOK AT THEM

Attached: VXDujU7F_400x400.jpg (250x250, 11K)

And look how nice it looks. IS has literally no excuse.

Attached: 1527276910286.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

What went wrong?

Attached: n2.webm (1192x664, 2.77M)

Attached: 1557560381728.webm (1280x720, 2.01M)

Fates didn't deserve this level of quality at all. At all.

>echoes cutscenes look ok solely because of the art style/being a 3DS game
>let’s bring the same animators back
why

Funny thing is that im playing radiant dawn and it seems so much better than this.
Why does highschool settings instantly ruin a game? At least you're a teacher in this but still

Conquest did. Try playing it.

>comparing cinematics to ingame graphics

I honestly feel like the setting might be the best part of this if they actually do something with it. If you can play the game differently based on which side you choose this might be what Fates should have fucking been from the start.

>Conquest
>The game with not only the worst FE story, but one of the worst stories I've ever played in a high-budgeted game.
Conquest's gameplay was the tits but everything else about Fates was pure and utter shit. Never hated a game more than Fates and I was the person most excited to play it.

We Berserk now.

Attached: TOOT TOOT SONIC WARRIOR DEEP IN SPACE AND TIME.webm (1280x720, 1.97M)

just because it's CGIshit it doesn't mean you can just slap different models in pre-recorded footage

CLANG

OP pic is from an anime cutscene, it's not using the actual game graphics.

youtube.com/watch?v=fxk1syuf5lo
OH NONONONONO

imagine hating a genuinely good game just because it has a crappy story

I don't really know why everyone is assuming Three Houses won't have cutscenes like that.
youtube.com/watch?v=rkux5h0PeXo&t=48s
from the initial trailer, as brief as it is, doesn't look bad. Even if it were to end up not looking as good, it most certainly doesn't look bad.

I swear, while Three Houses is certainly lacking a lot in many areas of its visuals, the whole smear campaign against the game is artificial as fuck.

But we've already seen the same cutscene rendered with male and female MCs, so isn't that what they're doing already?

This thread is going places

Attached: 1495851976500.webm (1280x720, 2.39M)

Absolutely this. I was pumped for Fates but every single character is just so fucking stupid and the writing was bad it ruined Fire Emblem for me for years.

Imagine hating a game that was falsely-advertised, completely failed to live up to the promises it set to fulfill and ended up having one of the worst stories a game's had in years despite Nintendo never shutting the fuck up about how they realized the previous game had a lackluster story and that they fully plan on changing that with their new title of which the writing is spearheaded by a well-known mangaka.
Imagine.

Fire Emblem Three Houses, originally a 2018 game for the Switch then revealed to be 2019 lineup. Delayed from Spring 2019 to now Summer 2019 for quality assurance purposes per Nintendo's Direct January re-reveal.

Has had constant red flags because the presentation is extremely poor. The artist is Chinatsu Kurahana, known for her otome (games for women, the men typically are pretty boy looking like the Sailor Moon men). Then unlike Sailor Moon, her character design and facial expressions are extremely lacking for all the genders, the eyes in particular are completely fucked up and devoid of life on all the characters she draws. The coverart has received tons of mockery including from previous Fire Emblem artists who poke fun at the upside homo queer Claude.

But if that wasn't bad enough, the actual 3D side of the game is amateur and wonky at best. The walking animation in the OP's webm is funny, but then you get into combat and you see just how uneven the game truly unfolds. Objects clipping where they shouldn't even, weird body types for the women like the church lady has a man's torso, there's a girl that looks like a time traveler Jpop cosplay girl (you'll know her since she has a photoshopped out of place hat), the entire game suffers from lack of anti-aliasing so the hair in particular is distracting in 3D due to shimmering, there's 0X AF so the ground textures (which are low quality to begin with) are very and I mean VERY blurred, and then there's the combat environment like trees/buildings that look almost N64 era. Oh and the physics engine is hilarious, like it seems they put one and only one developer on the collision detection programming side, coded only once just get the game into alpha stage and never fixed it.

Compare this screenshot between open world Xenoblade 2 vs closed single map Fire Emblem 3 Houses which goes in out of 2D plane and 3D plane (Valkyria Chronicles did this too in the PS3 in 2008 and it wasn't an ugly game).

Attached: 1557419319451m.jpg (1024x1024, 236K)

This, I was only ever able to get back into the series thanks to Shadows of Valentia. Gameplay was mostly meh but the story, characters and actual soul that went into remaking the game kept me going. Fates may be prettier but SoV is infinitely better as a Fire Emblem title. All Fates brought was waifushit and the worst writing the series has seen yet.

Hahaha these threads really are made by the one mega autist aren't they? I see basically this exact post in every FE thread with the same phrasing, same buzzwords. All FE games have dogshit stories and mediocre graphics, nobody who actually likes the series has ever cared about that. Fates has the best gameplay in the series bar-non.

>smear campaign

bruh look at this dood

Everything about it has looked like garbage from day 1 and every new thing we learn about it only makes it look worse. It has yet to hint at one single redeeming feature about it.

Attached: fire-emblem-three-houses-gameplay-screenshot-4.jpg (1920x1080, 1.81M)

who fucking cares about the plot lmao

Pretty much what was going through my mind. Three Houses has shades of the Berserk CGI anime, but I'm gonna give the nod to Berserk for not having the soulless fujoshi eyes that Fire Emblem Switch has right now. That complete and utter lack of animation polish, guess that guy went on to work for Nintendo now.

Attached: fe3mistakes.jpg (2496x1828, 1.36M)

>Heavily emphasize the story in the trailers
>Literally make the main selling point of the game center around your """"choices"""" and how important they are
>Mention in every single interview that the story is going to take the biggest focus in this new entry after how lackluster Awakening was
>"durrr wtf how can u guys care about storii X-DD"
You guys aren't actually this retarded, right?

it's ok bros, it's getting delayed

>there's a girl that looks like a time traveler Jpop cosplay girl (you'll know her since she has a photoshopped out of place hat)

Whomst've?

Attached: fire-emblem-three-houses-rea-details.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Wasn't there a writer for FE who wrote basically shitty fanfics with some agenda added?

>BUT THE STORY
>O-oh n-n no n-no no!
>Stop calling me out on my autism!

Attached: 1534101129008.gif (340x340, 137K)

>reddit seething about her outfit
loving every laugh

This is just embarassing.

Attached: Fire Emblem - Three Houses.webm (1280x720, 908K)

I think she's talking about Dorothea and her steampunk attire.

what is this post even implying
what relevance does it have to what I said
Are you trying to make me angry you smug little anime-posting shit

>this is the only argument fates apologists can come up with

Some one kept saying there was this college graduate new hire at IntelligentSystem who wants the series to go full visual novel and insisted on the Phoenix mode of Fates Birthright/Conquest. Like someone who hates Fire Emblem and wants to burn it down all from within Nintendo. There was supposedly Japanese backlash to that person but who the fuck knows if it was a Yea Forums or Yea Forums invented meme to rage against Fates style FE games. So again, no proof just writing what I saw in FE threads and this person was never brought up again so I'm guessing it was false.

The saddest thing isn't the people who make the same thread over and over again, it's the people who reply to it

>Xenocringe

Attached: Xenoblade Chronicles 2 cringe.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

There's point coming up with any other argument because people who care about muh plot in a FE game deserve no attention to begin with.

cope

How does this happen to a fucking rendered cutscene in a videogame? It just boggles the mind.

Read You retard. No one would've cared about Fates' plot if it wasn't the only fucking thing aside from waifupetting that was advertised.

cgi is one hell of a drug

Kill yourself Echoescuck. SoV is fucking trash with a dogshit story characters, gameplay and everything else.

>Like someone who hates Fire Emblem and wants to burn it down all from within Nintendo.
But IT is only affiliated with Nintendo.

Your fault for falling for fraudulent ads goy.

Dorothea, yeah. This is the worst one on the female side of the roster.

Attached: 469216.jpg (1920x1080, 230K)

With what? I just wish I had a army of retarded fans to bump threads about actual good games.

This straight up isn't even a Fire Emblem game at this point

Attached: 1542680264754.png (117x146, 34K)

I think she looks cute

oh no no no look at the top of her head

bruh just look at this raw screenshot and tell me this is a high quality production

Attached: embzqhvapeu21.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)

I felt the same until I busted 2 hearty loads at that pic Bhoris drew of her. Now I'm ok.

What do you mean fren?

At this point I’d rather Three Houses not come out at all. It can’t be saved, all releasing this game will do will sour FE’s image in the public eye even more after Fates and Smash Bros.

>this isnt a fire emblem at this point

it was bound to happen eventually, every game messed more and more with the FE formula and now they made the full jump and its the unrecognizable mess that is three houses.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bhoris
wtf bro

Oh, come now. That's some serious hyperbole.

Dorothea is love.

Can't wait for another Fire Shit character in Smash

I fucked up. Please, masturbate right now and forgive me. danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3417745

Attached: 1557587151557.png (800x801, 426K)

400 MILLION DOLLARS

>fire emblem has already attained Pokemon status of cutting shitloads of corners, lacking features and still getting away with it
i've said it before and i'll say it again - smash representation, gacha/waifufaggotry and fujos. that's all this series is about now.

Attached: mfw.jpg (500x367, 55K)

>smash rosterfaggot
crucify yourself

Yeah, not gonna lie she's attractive. Her outfit's kinda dumb, though. Not likely to be a playable party member, though if that were the case they would at least make her into one of those universal characters who joined your side no matter what like in Fates. There's still the Treehouse localization team ready to butcher her voice like Hinoka and Heroes Mia so this teacher character's still not out of the shit waters yet.

Attached: 1552729549369.webm (480x592, 557K)

My hopes are that these screenshot are from handheld mode. Xenoblade look like crap in handheld but gorgeous when docked.

It sucks dick but the one silver lining might be that we'll get more Echoes titles. SoV was pure Fire Emblem and had soul to it.

Cute, but yeah. Soulless and out of place.

Attached: 1556222668524.jpg (393x603, 251K)

What is I told you I have a teacher in college that wears clothes like her?

Is that why it was such a awful game?

>At this point I’d rather Three Houses not come out at all.
I'm gonna have to unironically agree.

Attached: 1427749636246.png (259x205, 59K)

One of the producers or something was a chick that just wanted to work at ISIS because it was close to her home.

She's the reason Severa, Inigo and Owain reapear in Fates, they are her OC's.

There was a collage exposing her shit but i've lost it.

I fucking hate that stock animation. I've played 60% metacritic Japanese games before and this animation is almost used exclusively by these games. It looks so fucking stupid, actually demeans the character since they're all supposed to be adults ready to graduate.

Unironically yes. The gameplay was TOO faithful. That said I enjoyed playing it a hundred times more than Fates. It's easily the best of the 3DS titles and has the best art style to boot. Plus the original stuff they added was pure kino, Berkut did nothing wrong.

holy cringe

Nothing you stated was true

Why it looks so fucking horrible? It's mindblowing it looks worse than even the gamecube games. And all the characters are so soulless and lack personality they had to use different hair colour to tell them apart.

Like what the fuck is going on

Attached: 1515415413478.jpg (960x960, 92K)

so I didn't enjoy playing it?
okay.

Attached: 1556374721278.png (300x279, 60K)

"Ironically no. The gameplay was NOT faithful. That not said I hated playing it a hundred times less than Fates. It's easily the worst of the 3DS titles and has the worst art style to boot. Plus the original stuff they added was pure joint, Berkut did something wrong." ?

Fire Emblem got the Pokemon treatment

Make low effort shit and people still eat it up

As opposed to unholy cringe?

wouldn't be suprise if they jew the fan base out with 3 different version of the game

I want mythra to pee in my mouth

I'd agree, but I wish the series died with Awakening, like Nintendo initially planned. I was prepared back then to remember this series fondly, but, cruelly, I have to endure witnessing this shitshow now. I can still hold on to hope that this game gets cancelled, unlikely as that may be, but at the very least I hope it's the last mistake they add to this franchise. Better late than never.

Attached: 1544499269801.png (383x353, 188K)

You know what to do.

Attached: fe.png (1118x1080, 1.31M)

Yes? You are delusional and don't have the mental capacity to tell good from bad. So you like poor writing in a false attempt to pretend it's good. Or you just have shit taste. Either one shows you need to kill yourself.

Attached: 1536622979027.jpg (1195x897, 157K)

This is true

FE was shit before Awakening

>Playing with combat animations on
The only thing I care about is if the game is fun. They're changing up the formula enough to make it look interesting. I don't know if it will fail or succeed until it releases but switching up the FE formula for a game isn't necessarily a bad thing. There's plenty of old content and fan ROMs to supplement the desire for old FE systems.

Why don't they just make another Tsubasa game?

Attached: pic07_l.jpg (853x480, 145K)

You leave me no room to breathe here, user, what about the writing was poor? Compared to Fates and Awakening it's easily the best-written in terms of its characters and especially its antagonists. How about that, a human antagonist that's more interesting than wet cardboard AND a dragon that isn't just generically evil, in the same game too!

Attached: 1555920461270.jpg (824x579, 85K)

So what the fuck was up with Danved / Devdan? I actually let him die in PoR in his intro chapter because it was late enough in the game and I didn't care, but then he just came back in Dawn saying "lol Danved is totally a different character."

Attached: devdan.png (929x1737, 1.56M)

>Nintendo is actually going to dedicate part of their E3 conference to FE Three Kusoge Houses
>They'll announce something dumb like a DLC Season Pass then Treehouse will spend 1 hour demoing the game and more WEBMs will be made of just how poor it is
>Nintendo being totally tone deaf to the poor reception will then announce a promotion between FE Three Kusoge Houses characters and Fire Emblem Heroes
>This game that has been mocked nonstop and would be better off cancelled will get the red carpet at E3 2019
>Advance Wars literally not figuratively died for this
>GameFreak is surpassing IntelligentSystem in aesthetics, Bethesda has better animators than Intelligentsystem

W-We're not gonna make it Fire Emblem bros. We're going back to hiatus once this clusterfuck of a fujoshi fest rots in the market.

Attached: YDwfPG5.jpg (742x525, 48K)

So what happens if the game still looks terrible presentation wise, but is one of the best playing entries in the franchise?
Just wondering

Attached: Woooooow.jpg (750x543, 63K)

>pure joint

Attached: 1555536431172.png (650x581, 284K)

It becomes Radiant Dawn, so no one will buy it then 10 years later nu-nu/v/ will claim that it's bad becuz of memes

Yeah, no shit. I was referring to how Awakening was intended to be the last FE game because the series was doing so poorly, only for it to inexplicably sell like hotcakes and force Nintendo to change their mind. We had sweet release in sight and it got taken from us.

Attached: 1544499125989.png (250x180, 83K)

Then it's about on par with the rest of the series.

D-DELET SNOYGOY

>Caring about plot in video GAMES
I didn't realize this was actually a sony exclusive.

What seams to be the problem?

Those leggings are just plain ugly.

>what about the writing was poor?
Hahahahaha echoescucks actually think the game has good writing.
The entire game is bad writing 101 since it's poorly executed. Alm preaches about how birth status doesnt matter and he's going to forge his own path as peasant boy who saved the continent yet none of this shit happens.
>Hey look it's a magic sword that only royalty can supposedly use. Try picking it up Tobin.
>Wow I can't lift it because it's too heavy, here Alm, you try.
>Wow I can lift this sword easily. I don't understand why you can't lift it Tobin. I sure do love being of common birth, haha.
Hell this isn't the extent of the problems with the plot. Echoes plot hinges on a ridiculous set of circumstances/coincidences. Wherein Alm placed from being thought of as a peasant into a leader by the one non-classist knight who just happens to be leading a rebellion (mind you this is one of the dumbest scenes written in a video game). A rebellion to oust the traitor in league woth Rigel and the rest of the knights with a force of peasants and militia. Apparently Rudolph knew when Alm was born. That a boy called Clive would grow up to be the one non-classist knight and lead a force that Alm can join that is capable of overturning the rest of the knights and invading Rigel. It goes further beyond this with how fucking retarded people like Clive. Berkut is awful. He is an OC written by some shitty writer who didn't understand Kaga's story. You can tell exactly how he's going to end from the first few cutscenes you see him in. Pnly thing he does for the shitty plot is make Alm look better by comparison, because apparently the game doesn't suck Alm the golden child off enough. And Dumu is the definition of a generic villain who's completely ruined like the rest of the game since they killed Gaidens story

Attached: 1552928828196.jpg (1000x563, 283K)

It's a sad thing being a FE fan in this day and age.

Attached: 1349648494616.jpg (192x154, 15K)

OP has made this thread about 10 times in the last 48 hours.

Advance Wars died because Days of Ruin sold like shit. If you want to gauge interest, look at the dead game that is Wargroove.

Attached: QWtygIBqpo.png (785x169, 119K)

Alright what is the most likely outcome for this game
>game sucks, everyone knows it sucks, nobody buys it, ISIS puts more then 5% of their gacha shekels into the next game
>game sucks, everyone buys it, gets decent reviews for no particular reason, next game is exactly the same
>game is actually good in gameplay and map terms, story is actually decent, nobody buys it because it looks like trash

Attached: 1553396138079.jpg (421x480, 33K)

Can wait for 3H to prove itself to be second best game of the year (right after Mario maker) so I can on all of your faces.

it sucks, story sucks, no one buys it, no next game

It has no marriage, the art is atrocious, the 3D presentation is Bethesda and Bioware levels of laughable abomination, Fire Emblem casuals can just play the F2P mobile Heroes game, and if you're judging sales from SPECIAL EDITIONS scalpers you're just retarded. Woman with unsold Wii U mini van. bmp, that sure tells us how well the Wii U sold because scalpers lmao.

Attached: 3gpH1Zc.png (311x309, 137K)

Drug-addicted prostitute in church?
shitchtards will it that shit up.

Attached: 1556269842214.jpg (1920x1080, 496K)

Imagine basing your opinion of a strategy game on a fucking graphics from pre released game. You should all fuck yourself instead of calling yourself FE fans

Even Pokemon low effort doesn't look as ugly as Fire Emblem. FE looks like a game from couple generations ago, while Pokemon at least look like handheld.

Advance Wars died because it never innovated its design and as someone who played days of ruin, it was a shitty game that just made the game harder without changing the formula at all. Its death was inevitable.

You look at Fire Emblem and they are doing everything that will continue to make it relevant and popular. That doesn't means its good, but being a sellout is the only way to get anywhere in the industry.

Even a game like metroid that hasnt had a big release in 9 years is still popular because of the blatant waifu marketability that is Samus.

What to take away from this is that being innovative and selling out is the only way games get to live on and maybe get better with time.

>It has no marriage
Oh so it's just Awakening and Fates babbies that hate this game. Looks like I'm picking up a copy then

The NES and SNES games have more soul than this game, @ ResetEra tranny defending FE Three otome interns worked on this game. Soul vs souless epitomized.

Attached: iBpULSJ.jpg (908x500, 178K)

And yet you people still reply

Daily reminder that Fire Emblem went downhill since 7.

>wahhhhh DoR is balanced that bad!!!!
Kill yourself

Kek, you know it was meant as "Awakening and Fates fans will hate it because there's no marriage system, so sells from the newfriends will suffer" but you knew that and are being just a contrarian faggot all to say you'll be willing to eat shit to own the Yea Forums bullies who hate your bad otome art fetish.

>just because it's CGIshit it doesn't mean you can just slap different models in pre-recorded footage
You're retarded

Cool, so I'm supposed to hate the game because someone that I don't like made coffee for the devs?

7 was shit

THE STATE OF FIRE EMBLEM

OH NO NO NO

Attached: 5scrmax1.jpg (936x561, 64K)

How can that be true if 3 is the only decent game before 6? 7-10 are garbage

Sprites>3D models
I dare you prove me wrong

>5
>Soul
You wish. Only 3 has soul

>I wrote something completely different and you schooled me, so ignore that and think I'm cool

Aren't the pre order os the regular game pretty solid too?

It's just a delusional Awakeningbabby. Don't bother replying

DS games

If I can't pet my waifus on fire emblem three houses, then I won't even buy it.

there hasn't been a good looking fire emblem game since the GBA titles
this looks fine honestly, and I'd take lackluster cinematic graphics compared to xenoblade over xenoblades garbage anime titty monster aesthetic

'S' rankable, right?

Attached: 1557121557940.webm (1280x720, 2.52M)

>I have shit taste
Dunno why you wanted to spoiler it

It's ok

We don't talk about those.

Of course, FEfags hate real trpgs

Guess what? You're getting both.

Maybe as DLC

Echoes may be shit, but Fire Emblem was always shit. If there’s one thing Echoes did right it was soul. Hopefully we IS can redeem themselves after Three Houses with good Jugdral remakes.

Cutscenes aside Three Houses does look better than both Awakening and Fates.

Is that video on engine or is it FMV?

Of course it looks better, it’s a console game versus 3ds games. The complaint is that it looks like shit compared to other Switch first-parties.

why does there exist a scenario in your mind where the game sucks but everyone buys it for some reason but not a scenario where the game is actually good and everyone buys it

>The complaint is that it looks like shit compared to other Switch first-parties.
Thats always the case with Fire Emblem. In every console and generation there is not a single title known for its amazing graphics.

Awakening looked pretty shitty and then Fates and Echoes had much better graphics, animations, and presentation. So I'm hoping this is just first generational game syndrome again and they'll improve it next time. I wish it didn't have to be that way though, it means we're constantly guaranteed shitty looking Fire Emblem games every generation

This is a 2007 PSP game.

Attached: Delita_Abducts_Ovelia.webm (1280x720, 2.57M)

Honestly Fire Emblem moving from 3DS to Switch was gonna feel like a downgrade just because there is no second screen to display stats on.

But that we can't even get good graphics to make up for it is laughable

That feel of SOUL.

That's an FMV. It really doesn't matter much when it was done.

Holy wooden animation, Batman.

There are heavy rumors on every Jap image/textboard/forum that Three Houses will have limited S-ranks aka you can't S-rank your students but you can with fellow teachers and non-students.

Your students can pair up with one another.

So is OP's webm.

Why is 50% FE thread about how it's going to shit and the other 50% about waifus

I really don't know, it could perfectly be in-engine.

That's not Fire Emblem. What happened to this series?

Attached: ferankings (2).png (1216x1221, 1.74M)

Where are their noses?

>FE12
>Bad
Kill yourself

Stop replying to bait.

>FE8
>best
Kill yourself

>3
>Soul
Regurgitating the same lame protagonist from the first game to kill the same stupid bad guy counts for 'soul' and not 'shitty rehashing' now?

Echoes is amazing, why Nintendo didnt bring Hidari back for TH?

>character portraits by text boxes
>smaller and less expressive than the CG they're put on top of
Why???

Effie really is the cutest FE girl.

Attached: Fire-Emblem-Echoes_03-15-17_013.jpg (462x1005, 94K)

Its funny. Everyone was claiming that FE was becoming this legendary series that will rival Zelda Mario, etc but despite having millions of opportunities IS has squandered almost all of them.

They even fucked up the boxart, a thing even many terrible games got right.

Attached: download.jpg (176x287, 14K)

GBA Fire Emblem was peak

I'm out of the loop with Fire Emblem, but I'm going to be blunt. It just looks like musou game but again, and it seems to advertise itself as such. I do not know why you're surprised. Mundane and jank as crap gameplay is basically the formula. The reason people seem to like it is probably general game pacing and fan service a lot of the time. Or people play it like 20 minutes at a time.

I don't understand how you people are shocked a Japanese licensed mu sou game looks mundane. Dinguses didn't whine half as much with Hyrule Warriors.

And you peeps whining that it looks more animu then ever before. As far as I'm concerned, Fire Emblem's art style was always based on anime of the general game's release, ever since the SNES. I don't like it, but that's how it always was. Fire Emblem was always animu, just a different flavor that I'll admit was less cringe.

Hidari is incredibly busy. It took years for Hidari to be available for Nintendo.

>Everyone was claiming that FE was becoming this legendary series that will rival Zelda Mari
Yeah because of that one game that sold like 1.7 mil copies.
However it became a pretty successful gacha game.

Every single FE thread is about the same fucking autists complaining about the same shit every day.

Just get a fucking life and ignore this game if it looks so shit.

Attached: 1458420934409.png (380x264, 82K)

you misspelled Yea Forums

Felicia is my wife

>wasting that opportunity on a niche game that flopped

OH NONONONO

Wait... Wargroove is dead? It was the FOTM of the month last Feb or something

Gas all storyfags.

Attached: Azura pissed.png (380x380, 156K)

That is most definitely NOT in-engine. and are examples from the actual game. But at the same time, the FMV itself also warrants criticism. Why can't a 2019 game not have FMVs that at least match the quality of those of a PSP game made in 2007?

Attached: Delita_Rides_off.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Absolutely little replay value without mod tools which they have not released yet for some god forsaken reason.

ohnono FEcucks
HAHAHHAHAH

Attached: 1552477646095.png (847x1200, 1.11M)

And they somehow managed to piss of the whales in their gacha game badly enough that 2018 profits were 2/3 of 2017.

Attached: fehmaytracking.png (403x1117, 67K)

No way... there is no way this is real. The game already got severely delayed. What the fuck did they spend their extra time on?

This is fake. This has to be from Radiant Dawn.

That outfit looks so fucking stupid. Why couldn't they just have her wear the same outfit as the guy version?

ohnono bruh look at this dude

Attached: 1552211936303.jpg (1920x1080, 494K)

that is from the E3 trailer last year. the game actually looks much better now compared to then

what the fuck are those textures

Attached: 1554922173545.jpg (370x699, 34K)

Attached: 1547317901237.png (151x143, 46K)

Her neck is way too long

Umm...do people forget how the last 3d FE games looked?

Attached: fe9-10.jpg (673x450, 69K)

probably unironic 3DS textures until they got told it's for the Switch

why would you not plug the choke points also why would you deploy Mia she can't even shove.

Reminder that this is the only HD game IS has ever made. It is obvious that they lack experience with graphics for HD consoles.

Attached: mario-color-1401x788-5034a880-b057-4562-9cdc-82efea78ace4.png (1401x788, 1.26M)

Have we seen any similar footage recently for comparison?

how in the world someone approved this?

Because it was too good for plebs to appreciate

those are some dumb socks

But Color Splash looks great. Everything else is shit yeah but it looks great.

The game is being codeveloped by Koei Tecmo and using the same graphics engines as Warriors games because Intelligent Sys has never made an HD game before. Unless you count Paper Mario Color Splash I guess.

Attached: camilla.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

>someone using my comparison screenshot
Nice.

is Claude really gay or is it just a meme because of his hair?

not that specific animation but just comparing the E3 reveal to the Feb showing the improvement is obvious

>FEkek seething
literally no proof

But even Warriors looks much better than 3H, despite the fact Warriors has to load more models and animations on-screen at the same time than 3H.

I am not particulary fond to KT, but this game looking like shit is all on IntSys.

People actually used shove?

t. probably didn't even look up the Kaga emblems

lol why is that ninja upside down

>Warriors looks better than 3 Houses
I can tell u haven't played it because no it does not

compare the E3 trailer to the direct showing, you'd be blind to think it's the same

It´s just SJWs being SJWs and going "this character is gay because I said so!"

I mean. Good faith is neat and all, but look at all other animations we've seen so far. I wouldn't say "improvement is obvious".

>shoving
>in Horse Emblem
The primary reasons to deploy Mia are that Vantage is broken and you can't take it off her and give it to someone else in POR.

Attached: 1518311363498.jpg (800x682, 37K)

My 116 hours of playtime say otherwise.

There is nothing in Warriors that looks any better than 3 Houses

Why would you take a game with maps as linear as fireemblem and just do generic low poly structures and void as the background in battle mode? How hard is it to actually design a 3d map your units move around on? It's not like the maps are giant. They're at most a large field. But instead we get some kind of weird void units go to when engaging with battle.
They should just get monolithsoft to make everything. Aside from the zelda and mario and splatoon teams, they seem to be the only ones that actually know how to make games for this system.

In the beginning. It was practically necessary to save Astrid on the boat level on hard.

this was the last fully 3D FE game

Attached: 277215-fire-emblem-radiant-dawn-wii-screenshot-a-battle-on-a-sparse.png (853x480, 822K)

Echoes was soulless as fuck

This honestly

>There is nothing in Warriors
>Models
>Cutscene
>Character animations

Attached: 1521506592117.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

>Echoes is amazing
Kill yourself

When FE went from GBA to GCube the graphics for Path of Radiance were horrible.

Especially because the individual squares have become so huge in recent FEs. It shouldn't be that hard to make 1 + 1 square the actual in-battle arena. 3H just reeks of mismanagement.

Being a sequal isn't a rehash. Try slicing your throat

>this Celica model and that background
nope

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Oh look a shit character.

>echoes art style was great
>this shit
i blame gacha and waifushitters

Let's be real, just because FE is on the switch now doesn't mean IS is going to suddenly have the talent available to make a good looking home console game. They've made cheap handheld titles for years now. Maybe one or two games from now IS will be able to join the current gen (to the extent that the switch is a part if that)

If IS can't get their shit together now, after all this time, I kinda doubt they'll ever come around.

Can't read moonspeak, what's her name?

Why is gods name would you try to do realistic graphics on the switch hardware? IT DOESN'T WORK. EVERYTHING ENDS UP LOOKING LIKE IT'S COVERED IN VASELINE.
IS IT THE SAME SITUATION LIKE WITH GAMEFREAK? DO THEY JUST NOT KNOW HOW TO MAKE GAMES IN 3D?

Attached: 1506934557993.gif (480x268, 165K)

>That game looked bad, so it's okay for this game to look bad
It's over a decade later and IS have hundreds of millions in gachabucks now, there's no excuse for this

>and waifushitters
Why do you faggots keep saying this? why do you keep blaming waifus when it´s clear this game is made for fujoshits? they even got an OTOME artist to draw this shit.

If anything, the gacha and waifufags would have pushed them to go full xenocringe with the designs.

Intelligent Systems has made nothing but sprite based games for years, and their only HD game is Color Splash (and the graphics for Color Splash would not work for FE). The transition from GBA Emblem to PoR (though the DS games were ugly too) was horrendous and RD wasn't much better. The shitty 3D on the 3DS games only got a pass cause they were on handhelds.

Attached: yikes.jpg (400x295, 42K)

Yeah, that's what happens when you develop handheld only games and then are forced to go full console.

Look at PoR. It began development after FE7 and IS took so fucking long to develop it that they developed and released SS on the side while they finished it up with its N64-tier visuals.
And then look at how rough and disgusting Awakening looks because it was their first handheld 3D game.

Look at Gamefreak getting the same shit with Pokemon Sword/Shield.

Devs jumping to a new console doesn't mean they'll magically use that console's full power and make it look incredible when they never had the experience in the first place.

Attached: Sothis_FE.jpg (3641x3200, 1.71M)

People who were good at the game did.

Guys help I'm actually close to cancelling my preorder. I really like Fire Emblem and I'm willing to overlook a lot of flaws but this game just gets worse and worse as it gets closer to release.
Please tell me there's SOMETHING to be excited for.

Attached: 1546014417796.jpg (361x512, 27K)

Because they want to look like Persona5

Why do they all have to look so soulless? The combination of relatively HD graphics and zero facial animation is creepy as fuck.

>gacha money
Money does not give experience with 3D graphics.

GAMEPLAY NOT IMPORTANT
MAP DESIGN NOT IMPORTANT
STORY NOT IMPORTANT

ENGLISH VOICE ACTING IMPORTANT
2D ART IMPORTANT

Especially with 3H it feels like they're going full fujobait.

>pre-ordering games
>ever

I don't see any reason to doubt the gameplay.

>The primary reasons to deploy Mia are that Vantage is broken
That level is exactly one level after she joins. She has like 4 strength with shit durability, and the enemies are like 80% lance users. You definitely would not deploy Mia there for any combat. You are shit at the game and it shows.

I always preorder games I'm interested in and then cancel the day before release if I decide against it.
Why not?

How can you cancel your preorder in outrage if you don't preorder?

why would you preorder a game ? you're just letting the developer put his dick in your mouth

we've seen literally nothing about the gameplay other than some trivial shit.

What is Gamefreak's excuse with Pokemon SWSH aside from lacking HD dev experience? Pokemon gets millions of dollars daily.

It lets you hire people who do

Why didn't they get the people who did the art for awakening/Echos?
This new art just looks ugly and uninspired.

Attached: fireemblemechoes.jpg (1500x845, 339K)

tfw PoR maps are at lower resolution but still manage to look better than 3H's.

Attached: 1556934980226.jpg (1200x675, 77K)

We have new devs that are able to immediately start out doing atleast passable 3D games for the Switch. It only shows how incompetent IS and Gamefreak are.

I don't see the downside of preordering when you can cancel at literally any time.

Kozaki is garbage, that's why. He has polluted FE enough.

Attached: lol.png (850x850, 994K)

>And then look at how rough and disgusting Awakening looks because it was their first handheld 3D game.
Awakening was one of the finer looking games on the 3ds game, faggot

Attached: images.jpg (250x201, 7K)

One wanted to do something else the other was too busy.

nice denial and nostalgia glasses

unless you're buying on a platform that allows cancellation and refund there's always the risk that the game is a shitty buggy mess at launch

>meanwhile a series that sold less than FE and went through actual development hell for 5 years and the dev team was only 35 people for most of development while the company imploded around them

Attached: persona-5-the-royal-kasumi-aquarium-date-spot[1].jpg (1920x1080, 2.05M)

The runes say Manuera. That's almost definitely going to be localised to Manuela.

>Awakening was one of the finer looking games on the 3ds game

Attached: fire_emblem_thumb2.jpg (386x232, 26K)

The 3D models and textures in Awakening were trash though. The characters not having feet became an instant meme. It only gets a pass for being on a handheld.

Where I live you only ever get charged on dispatch. You don't get a penny taken from you when you preorder and there's nothing to refund.
>there's always the risk that the game is a shitty buggy mess at launch
So you hate day one buying as much as preordering?

it doesn't help that the switch has really shit hardware

Atlus has made a shit ton of fully 3D console games, and IntSys has not.

Not only they don't have feet, their legs are short and look like midget elves.

This genuinely looks good for the 3DS, a shitty underpowered console that inexplicably produced weaker and weaker games as the console got older.

>persona
>a serie that sold less than FE
you got some numbers ? i'm curious about this, i'm pretty sure Persona 3 to 5 sold more than the whole fire emblem saga

Attached: 1553213700262.jpg (640x640, 48K)

>That's almost definitely going to be localised to Manuela.

>The runes say Marx, it's almost definitely going to be localised to Marx
>Xander
Don't underestimate the loc team, they can turn things into whatever they want! They can even turn whole scenes into ellipses if they want.

Why did Nintendo hired studio Kara (Let these fuckers finis EVANGELION 3.0+1.0) and why is the studio using horrible CG animation? What went wrong boys??

Attached: 6fb.png (660x456, 346K)

ok bro

Attached: Fire-Emblem-Echoes-Shadow-of-Valentia-7.jpg (400x240, 43K)

>ENGLISH VOICE ACTING IMPORTANT
>2D ART IMPORTANT
This but unironically. I don't want to see ugly ass 3D models who are screaming nothing but KISAMA, NANI MONO DA, HENTAI BAKA!!!

>looks good for 3DS
not really

No, it's literally in engine. You're a fucking retard if you think that's prerendered.

A combination of complacency and incompetence. They know they don't have to put any effort into a Pokémon game for it to sell well, and they're genuinely bad at what they do on top of that (which is why they had to cut triple and even double battles out of the 3DS games, because they turned battles into PowerPoint presentations).

Carla Marx.

Persona series sales are about 10 million. FE is like 13 million. But they're around the same nowadays anyway.

Shove is literally one of the only things Tellius did right.

looks good familia for a gen 1 3DS game, better than wii shovelware too.

No faggot, is a cutscene made by Studio Kara

3d animation is so ugly and jarring. I have no idea why people think its a valid replacement for anime

Damn, retard. That has nothing to do with why IS can't develop HD games.

Ahem, it's "hentai no baka".

Why isn't that hat casting a shadow on her face? It looks like it was pasted on after being drawn separately

Yeah can't believe people think fucking Mia is good

Attached: 141f0acf668b806e9da0b3bc9fe8b21b.jpg (1308x2006, 181K)

we've been through this already nintendo are trying to minimize changes in their games because they are selling to many different regions now
although XBC2 still has quite a lot of changes, and I don't mean the blades names being all japanese so they changed those, there's quite a lot of name changes in general

i don't really hate it, people do whatever they want with their money, even i buy stuff on day one sometimes, it's just that nowadays i got this feeling that you always have to expect an unfinished product for games at launch for 60$ so i'm much more cautious than i used to be about it years ago

Attached: 1549571480402.gif (600x529, 131K)

>being gay

Attached: 1539319536436.png (720x775, 454K)

Why the FUCK didn't they just use the artist from awakening and conquest? This yaoi artist is so fucking horrible

I think that's the studio that made the same cutscenes from Shadows of Vallentia user, studio Khara I think

>Awakening

Attached: shinmegamitensei11[1].jpg (400x240, 37K)

I still have no fucking idea why they had to change Shin to Jin

So the shitposting about this game is all from the same guy that's been posting that one XC2 webm for years now right? What's his name?

FEH made more money than Persona ever will in its life time. You know something is big if you can scam people with gacha.

Attached: 1535735098990.jpg (717x402, 32K)

Michlan

No you faggot, it's clearly in-engine.

Persona is just as bad as nu-FE. The only good waifufag is a dead one.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

Show me 3DS games that look good after 2012, that improve on games that came before. They don't exist.

This.

Attached: 1510834051924.jpg (870x1200, 165K)

Yeah, they're making the prerendered scenes. That isn't one.

Cringed so fucking hard

No you faggot, it's clearly made by studio Khara

If the pattern continues then:

>people bitch about Xenoblade 2 nonstop before release
it becomes the highest selling Xenoblade game

>people bitch about FE3H nonstop before release
it becomes the highest selling FE game

also:
>Awakening graphics were good
lmao

This is uncanny valley tier art and animation. I've played FE since the GBA days but I wouldnt buy this, it's that offputting.

Fuck MIA she's SHIT

Attached: 573.jpg (718x700, 65K)

No, P5 soulless. FE3H soul as fuck!

Ohhhh... ohhhhh... ohhhhhhh No....
OHHH NONONONONONONONONONNONONONONONONONO

Sorry to doubt and insult you desu

Attached: EAT MEAT.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

I know what you're saying, but you can form expectations of a game based on past performance of the publisher and developer.
Generally Nintendo has a good record of releasing complete and rather bug free games, it's not like I'm preordering a Ubisoft game.
Sure they're getting a little sketchy by doing things like selling hard mode as DLC in Zelda but they're still above average, I would say. I'm happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and buy a game on day one as long as it looks good enough and it's a game I'm interested in. I am interested in Fire Emblem but holy fuck this one just look atrocious, everything about the art style, the animation, the box art. It's almost like they're deliberately trying to ruin it.

personally it's "seihai" being changed to Aegis that baffles me, but then I'm not really sure why they call it that in Japanese in the first place
ah, but atlus have their own SMT gacha
we're still stuck in the phase where everyone Japanese is trying to turn their IP into a mobile game

That isn't an excuse. The switch isn't as strong as the ps4 or xbone but that doesn't mean the games on it have to look bad. There is a difference between a game being graphically impressive and looking good.
A games artstyle is infinitely more important than how graphically demanding it is. The problem with striving for realism is that its eventually going to look back retroactively. Look at almost every ps2/ps3 era game that tried to be realistic. They look like garbage now. But a game like windwaker, released over 17 years ago, still looks nice today despite being relatively weak graphically. It's all because of its visually appealing artstyle.
A game like xenobalde chronicles 2, also released on the switch, looks a thousand times better than 3 houses and pokemon SS. That's because monolithsoft understand the hardware and its constraints. And worked around and with them to make an artstyle that looks great.
Basically, a poor craftsman blames his tools.

Attached: 1499002499983.jpg (540x514, 107K)

Almost all gacha makes big bucks, even gacha that isn't attached to a bigger franchise like Dragalia Lost. If there were a Persona gacha game you can bet that it would make at least as much money as FEH, if not more.

oh yeah i forgot about the gacha shit
i hope the FE franchise won't end up stuck in mobile hell like Fate

Attached: 1551733765634.png (281x260, 79K)

It's so depressing. I thought they would take their success from 3ds and heroes sales and up the budget a ton. For better writing and visuals.... But this has the most cut corners of any FE ive seen. Studio khara cutscenes, a D rate illustrator, ps2 textures, obviously upscaled 3ds assets, worse animations than 3ds games.... How did this take them 4 years almost to develop? Why did it need a delay to still look horrible?

That image has more soul than any Persona and nu-FE game. Flynn is more of a Chad than Joker and Chrom, but Yu Narukami is pretty based in the P4 spin-offs.

Attached: p4u2-cover-artwork-japan.jpg (521x600, 130K)

>rightfully calling out the game for looking like shit when it absolutely shouldn't
>"smear campaign"
FE is one of their biggest and most forced franchises at this point, there's no reason for it to have such lackluster visuals. Even among Switch games these look really bad.

Couldn't care less about graphics. I can't wait to play the game. I love how they are adding so many new mechanics and unit customization. The soundtrack we've heard so far is also dope asf.

Attached: byleth_edelgard.png (1050x650, 1.05M)

>Fire Emblem

Why would you think it's a good idea to hire a fujoshi otome artist for your franchise where the most popular characters are either women, or Ike - and they aren't drawing Ike?

It's really, really great that we got FUCKING HIDARI for Echoes and got this fujo retard for the console mainline game.

Attached: Guess Minerva Dies.jpg (624x595, 81K)

They're using the same models for gameplay and cutscenes, I realize it's hard for your peabrain to comprehend but that isn't prerendered just because it looks like a nice model. It's fucking in-engine, you can tell by the animations that it's a fucking scripted scene.

Xenoblade does not look good, someone posted some fucking 540p shot of an empty vista from it the other day as proof it looked "good". The only decent-looking Switch game are some third party ports and BotW which got a huge downgrade as is

It was delayed likely because IS has next to no experience developing for a HD console. Budgeting can't help that. Path of Radiance took 5 years to make and still looked horrible, even for a GCube game.

>SMT4: Queer

Attached: 8f08a3b74223ada72123316bfb266cf2.jpg (640x384, 42K)

Honestly I think that might be their plan here. Make an FE game deliberately shit, crash the main series and just subsist on gacha forever.

>Why would you think it's a good idea to hire a fujoshi otome artist for your franchise where the most popular characters are either women, or Ike - and they aren't drawing Ike?
Because they didn't have to pay her as much.

What I don't understand is why IS put so little budget into this. Fire emblem is riding a crest from smash popularity and 3ds/heroes bringing mass attention to the franchise. They could double their fanbase if they just made a game that hits it out of the park. And it'd even help their mobile game

Holy grail has religious connotations, same reason Paradise was changed to Elesium.

Because that's shit you retarded Echoescuck

what if the gameplay is good

PoR took 2 years, they started it after FE7 and internally the game is still called FE8 despite SS coming out first, but yeah it still looks like a late N64 game that released in the 4th year of the GC

some people would say that the artstyle is something subjective to discuss about, while i agree with them, i think it's trash for the most part but graphicaly you're right this game looks like trash even by switch standards i mean look at XC2 and Zelda, they manage to make better looking games while being open world.
However i think this FE might be good gameplay wise, from what i've seen the class customization doesn't look completely broken like Awakening and Fates and it looks like they brought back the old magic triangle while tweaking it a bit. I would personally wait until they show more gameplay at E3 before deciding whether or not i would buy it.
You're also right about Nintendo, i can't really remember a game they made that made me legit furious about how broken and buggy it was at launch, but i think i'm probably more cautious about this FE because of what the serie has become and especially considering all the gacha money they made.

Attached: ca62fce858c35a5c6ee3c371fd97828a.jpg (640x384, 77K)

>Everything we have seen is shit
>"What if what we have not seen is good?!"

Rent it instead

>while the company imploded around them
Excuse you? Atlus is doing just fine and has been for fucking forever; at least since Sega bought them.

>FE gets popular.
>Yea Forums suddenly hates it.

Like clockwork.

IS is shit but the main problem isPeople forget the late 2000s/early 2010s when HD development almost killed Japanese game development.

It's why Monolith Soft is so fucking impressive. Their first HD game is one of the most technically advanced games ever made. Instead of saying "This is our first HD game, we should do something safe and reserved" Takahashi said "MAKE A FUCKHUGE OPEN WORLD WITH NO LOAD TIMES".

Attached: 1539720118678.png (1000x500, 939K)

But Xenoblade 2 is actually technically sound (dynamic resolution aside) and has the gameplay people that like xenoblade expect. FE3H looks loaded with technical issues and looks to be going further down the anime waifu trail, despite what longtime fans want.

Attached: 11A7E1D2-9093-4F75-B51A-18361C5064A8.jpg (1225x1225, 278K)

>Honestly I think that might be their plan here. Make an FE game deliberately shit, crash the main series and just subsist on gacha forever.
This is some tinfoil hat-tier thinking.

>some people would say that the artstyle is something subjective
They be wrong, you can look at the art in Echoes and clearly see Hidari is carrying that game on his talent alone.

I don't hate FE.

I hate Fates and the artist for the new game.

The series is only still alive today because people took to the character designs. The gameplay doesn't mean shit.

Xenoblade is made by Monolith, who has made several large scale console games before.

FE is made by IS, who has never done that.

people say Fates is terrible but the gameplay is great so it's a good game still

Christ that's bad

>class customization doesn't look completely broken like Awakening and Fates
No it looks even more broken. Everyone is a avatar when it comes to class choices. Also, magic triangle is dead, its a worthless triangle that doesn't even do its job correctly.

The fact that they're extremely reluctant to show it?

>FE3H looks loaded with technical issues
That doesn't sound like a fair assumption to make at all.

> looks to be going further down the anime waifu trail, despite what longtime fans want.
The longtime fans that almost killed the series twice only be saved by the fans with wallets who poured money into the waifu simulators and gacha game?

there hasn't been another Nintendo Direct

>people say Fates is terrible but the gameplay is great so it's a good game still
Fates is a known quality. You're making a wild assumption that the gameplay of 3House will be good just because everything else is terrible. You have no idea about the gameplay because we haven't seen anything other than 1 second clips of gameplay footage.

idk i heard the new class system was made so that even when changing class your level stays the same and doesn't go back to 1.
also what did they do with that new magic triange ? i remember it's something like Faith, darkness, light or something

user... I just hate Echoes. Its gameplay is a special kind of terrible

The fact that it was delayed so close to release is also a worrying sign.

"Long time" Xenoblade fans complained about the boobs and fanservice in Xenoblade 2 (especially Pyra). Yet it's the highest selling. Guess long time fans don't mean anything then.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Still the best 3D FE.

Attached: 66570-Fire_Emblem_Path_Of_Radiance-3[1].jpg (800x780, 141K)

Yet any Persona is better than all of FE

Atlus has been owned by other companies for ages now, their previous owner was Index and you can even see that on their games released in the early 2010s. Index got caught committing fraud by the government and got dissolved, so Atlus suddenly lost their financial backer. Hashino flat out said P5 was the first game he worked on he wasn't sure would actually release because of all that shit until Sega bought them

It's more like one guy on Yea Forums suddenly hates it for attention.
But really people have hated it for years because of Smash and Fateswakening

How does this happen, I mean the shilling. No-one was shilling for Bioware, atleast on Yea Forums, over their animations. These are even crappier and they don't even have the uncanniness excuse that Bioware had. They're in the Anime style and they look hideous. People are still defending this trash, I can't believe it.

IS has made plenty of 3D games before:
>Path of Radiance
>Radiant Dawn
>Awakening (minus map sprites)
>Fates (minus map sprites)
>Echoes (minus map sprites)

And now Three Houses. They have at least a decade of experience making 3D environments and animated models. They have no excuses, especially when they could have hired more capable animators and modelers if they felt there was a knowledge gap.

They literally have hundreds of millions. Could they not have spent a few million hiring experienced artists and programmers to whip along the inexperienced ones?

What retards

Attached: ff7876660d10181151e7c6b5456997ab.jpg (744x988, 667K)

>Fates is a known quality
No it isn't. Check anywhere online and people make long rants and raves about how awful Fates is due to awful story, trope characters, and cringe fanservice. The game is still considered shit by a lot of people despite how polished the gameplay is.

cuz hidari is shit

None of those games are on HD consoles. And all of them had ugly 3D (especially the Tellius games). lol

Nice shit opinion, kid

Only 1/3rd of Fates has good gameplay too

Is this the Sony port?

what are some good artists then ?

It's not a opinion, it's a fact. If it was a wrong fact then I would pretend he is good. Of course not.

user I think you're fundamentally confused here.
What other people say about a game has nothing to do with what you, personally, can learn from the game by playing it in its entirety yourself.
Fates is known because you have access to the game.
3House is unknown because you cannot play it, the amount of information related to gameplay is extremely limited. You can't make a judgement on it, positive or negative. So saying that the game might be good because the gameplay might be good even though everything else looks bad is utterly naive.
That's what I'm trying to say here.

The only thing you find good is fat dick, homo.

Have you not been paying attention?
>models regularly clipping with environments and themselves (pic related)
>stiff animations
>no shadows (pic related)
>little to no real physics
>models not properly interacting (pic related — see the weapon in her hand)

Attached: FD700375-3B4D-49D1-BB55-1252F585DBA3.png (1000x600, 742K)

The new one is far and away the best so far IMHO. They don't draw plastic anime shit like tellius bad or kozaki

Reetardera faggots and Yea Forums shitposters aren’t longtime Xenoblade fans or they would have also complained about fanservice in the first one or praised censorship in X.

Desperation

my original point was why is the game considered bad already even though there is still a chance the actual gameplay is good upon release

One of the worst games ever made

Attached: EP so long it doesn't fit into a webm.webm (720x542, 2.92M)

>still using last year's E3 footage

Not as desperate as you are for cock lmao

You are very desperate for the next 100 posts. Watch

>i hope the FE franchise won't end up stuck in mobile hell like Fate
Different situations, Fate has an endless poll of historical/mythological figures to pull from. FE needs games to keep releasing so they have new characters to add. They can´t keep releasing Camilla´s and TIki´s alts forever.

NOOOOOOO DELETE THIS THE MAPS ARE GOOD I SWEAR NO YOU SHOULD BE FAST FORWARDING IN DOLPHIN LIKE THE DEVS INTENDED NOOOOOOOOOO

And my point is that there's an equal chance that the gameplay will be bad.
We just don't know.

All we do know is that the art and animation is horrendous, so I suggest we stick to discussing knowns and have ourselves grounded in reality to avoid future disappointment.

And if I can guess your next argument, no, the gameplay of Fates does not suggest anything about the gameplay of 3House.

Wrong.

Git gud.

Worst thing is, actually playing it on a real Wii. That's fucking manic mode too which is even fucking 2x worse.

HD has nothing to do with bad animations, no lighting, clipping, etc. Shit, the Zelda teams first real 3D game was Breath of the Wild and they handled it like pros.

No right. You keep proving it

THAT SPEED!?

How do you git gud at a shitty easy game?

I love most of the character art though

Recent gameplay still has these problems or there wouldn’t be threads about it.

PoR / RD nearly killed the series. If only they hadn't been made.

Are you happy with the box art too?

Attached: 1552079893515.jpg (2530x4096, 2.24M)

>HD has nothing to do with...
It unironically does though.

And Zelda had way more 3D games than FE, so of couse Zelda devs have more experience.

I'm fine as long as it's less bland than pic related

Attached: fireemblemshadowdragonlogo.jpg (620x448, 75K)

Post soulful FE maps

Attached: 5857c406d69f3fdbe7b60f8b353c8f09[1].png (516x467, 14K)

No

>worst art
Umm...no my wife is perfect

Attached: mommy.png (638x409, 181K)

Keep going. Prove it

As an oldfag, if there is something I have learnt in the post-Awakening era, is that most western FEfans don´t give a shit about gameplay.

Look at how many people shit on Fates but keep sucking off SoV or the Tellius games-

It´s probably just a vocal minority, but it´s clear to me that these people don´t like Fire Emblem, but rather like the IDEA of Fire Emblem as an obscure, "mature", strategy game.

It doesn´t matter if Conquest has the best gameplay in the series, the fact that it´s now popular and has anime tropes is enough for this people to hate on it. Because it´s not "cool" anymore, you can´t brag about playing it now.

How did they manage to get not only the 3D art fucking horrific, but also the 2D art? Is this the power of hiring artists that cost 1/5th of a quality professional one like Hidari, Kita, or Kozaki?

Attached: 1529068760950.jpg (1536x664, 168K)

Looks like a tranny.

>that walking animation

Attached: 1532053501973.jpg (600x315, 21K)

Right - Soulless
Left - Soul

Attached: 1512644962958.jpg (1024x408, 70K)

Fujostacies ALWAYS win, baby

Is this better?

Attached: Fire Emblem Box Art.jpg (620x448, 111K)

non anime cutscenese were a fucking mistake

Attached: 1542960400330.jpg (1200x675, 125K)

Not even fujoshits are happy with this because of how "objectifying" female Byleth looks compared to male Byleth.

I don't even dislike the models but jesus christ you need to put some work into the cut scene animations.

>It´s probably just a vocal minority, but it´s clear to me that these people don´t like Fire Emblem, but rather like the IDEA of Fire Emblem as an obscure, "mature", strategy game.
honestly the biggest tell of this is anybody who acts like this series was ever about medieval politicking or scheming and not a fantasy adventure

Go back please. This is what perfection looks like:
I think most of the complaining are from people who don't even like FE in the first place. It makes 0 sense to write off 3 Houses cause of graphics despite FE never being a graphically intense franchise in the first place. Most of the "good" graphics in the series are from 2D sprites.

>models regularly clipping with environments and themselves
Name one game literally ever where this doesn't happen.

>It doesn´t matter if Conquest has the best gameplay in the series
Doesn't matter because it's not true

>actually putting in the time and effort to create that to make a point on Yea Forums

cringe, yikes, and oh no no no no no

How does HD have anything to do with techniques that run all the way back to the early ‘90s?

Mobile phone games can avoid having models clip inside themselves these days.

Attached: ミリシタ_20180716_075919_Manual.webm (400x640, 3M)

this crossed my mine too. Were they animated by the same people or something?

>thinks spending over 9000 hours in MS Paint is time and effort

Graphics just add to the problems. The quirky Harry Potter setting put a lot of FE fans of as well, alongside the horrendous designs. Honestly, most of the people white knighting for IS are, as you put it, "people who don't even like FE in the first place".

It happens in about every game, but it is mostly unnoticeable. So far, 3H is screwing it up in places that are inexcusable for a major game from a major company.

Her hair clips through her arm.

Fucking philistine. A sword over the map of Archanea, a sword under "Fire Emblem" (the name of the Shield of Seals that Marth uses) and the blade penetrating "shadow dragon", the title of the final boss. A truly KINO cover.

Is this a PS2 game?

Attached: 1556299205755.jpg (1920x1080, 568K)

It's largely avoiding that. There's maybe half a frame of collision in that whole animation.
You can clearly see it flop over her arm instead.

>waaah, please stop saying mean things about the game i will buy regardless :(

Do we know if the maps are Awakening/SoV trash or not?

>hair clips through arm in first 2 seconds

>That mini-map
What the fuck

They haven't show off any level design, expect saying that there's warp tiles

>waaaah this game looks like shiiiit but I'm going to buy it regardless

Fuck, why'd you have to bring that to my attention. Christ, this game is going to be a disaster.

Attached: 1495396565638.png (600x617, 323K)

mini map textures still loading off the disc?

Intelligent Systems wasn't making 3D FE games in the early 90s like Zelda devs were user

Please realize you are on Yea Forums and these people go out of their way to cherry pick the worst bits and put them into the worst context possible, as with every game.

Left - regular map
right - a tutorial map made to teach 5 year olds about choke points, and show the limitations of cavaliers (Can't cross water)

NO I WONT

Attached: 1509817512392.jpg (225x225, 9K)

This shit looks worse than berserk 2016
But it's fire emblem, I should have expected it to be garbage

I can't imagine having a foot fetish in actual real life, but somehow it does turn me on in anime.

Why does everything look so fucking jagged and pixellated? I wouldn't want to play this on my TV at all

>tutorial map
Literally 20% all the way into the game and there's a tutorial level. Wow

Jesus fucking christ...did they put in any effort into this trash at all? Hope it gets the worst sales

That exact same map shows up four or five times throughout the game with different enemy formations. The final time it shows up is late enough that it even has Gold Knights which can cross the water.

You fucking know people defend the last time it comes up as some awesome destruction of expectations cause they can cross the water now or some retarded bullshit

But the stuff I listed earlier isn’t magical shit or new tech. It’s BASIC technical skills required to make 3D games. I’m not asking for crazy GI, hi-rez textures with normal mapping, SSR, etc. I just want the basics and they can’t even get that right. It’s barely a step up from their Gamecube days. And don’t forget, they’ve been making 3D environments and models for 10 years. That’s long enough to figure this shit out or get some people on staff who have it figured out.

>entire 1/3rd of the game is dedicated to tutorials

Attached: fe.jpg (640x640, 157K)

Yet still better than Echoes

More like 1/10 and skippable on replays

Why are you faggots so fast to shit on Echoes yet look past all of Conquest's flaws because of "muh difficulty"

>Everything about it has looked like garbage from day 1
The visuals are everything? Cool.

is this RWBY?

eh 11 chapters or so in a ~40 chapter game is pretty substantial.

>implying that newfaggots would touch any pre-awakening FE with a tenfoot pole
There’s your answer.

Bad games deserved to be shit on. muh shitty art doesn't save it

Attached: 1557152904626.png (273x185, 11K)

Atlus had experience since Nocturne, and even then nocturne aged well for an early-mid ps2 game

Because fuck anti aliasing that's why

The general form of a Cuckquestfag is a a fat girl from tumblr who worships Xander.

>Fates is amazing
>Echoes is the worst in the entire saga
>all the people throw their shit to fates and praise echoes

Attached: 1532624477414.png (483x487, 201K)

it only looks like that because it's on handheld mode

the dead stare, that fucking cloth design, the lazy animation, the bland environment and character desing make me glad i never get into FE

god, please let me recruit her and allow to switch voices to japanese ( or at least for someone to release an undub)

Attached: D6MX1RGUYAU7C_6.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Conquest gets shit on all the time as does literally every single game in the series

The model unironically looked better, somehow

It's one extremely autistic guy.

>nooo but muh plot!!
fire emblem plot has always been garbage junior

>fates is amazing

Attached: 1550517271128.gif (421x389, 1021K)

OH FUCK! A CAT!

Just because Echoes is shit doesn't mean Fates is any better you retard

t.plotard

>half the thread is just talking about xenoblade 2
what the fuck is it about threads that get reposted every 10 minutes that attracts you faggots

Damn look at them titties!

Why do FEfags love making boogeymans so much?

gameplay wise Birthright is juste awakening 1.1, conquest is a decent game, revelation is cancer

yikes

>"Long time" Xenoblade fans complained about the boobs and fanservice in Xenoblade 2 (especially Pyra)
Video game "journalists" and ResetEra aren't longtime Xenoblade fans.

Why was every promotional screenshot apparently taken in handheld mode?

>mention echoes
>some guy goes on the same long tirade and derails the thread every time
>hmmm no it can't be an autist, FE fans are just paranoid