I think we can all agree that 1.8 was the patch that killed minecraft

I think we can all agree that 1.8 was the patch that killed minecraft

Attached: piggu.png (1920x1080, 1022K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qx7UKLCNYjw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nothing killed minecraft. you killed your video game loving self

Instead of update beta, they should had create a new minecraft, with another program instead of java

Attached: 1556102587036.jpg (236x202, 8K)

Thanks for the armchair psychology lobster man

denial

Last time I truly felt a sense of wonder in the game was alpha.

Its been tolerable since beta.
Its purely what you make of it and who you play it now.

Luckily I can choose what patch I want to play

Halloween update was the beginning of the end, Adventure update was the final nail in the coffin. Everything after that was burying it.

Attached: FLAOT8.png (735x933, 670K)

Not because of hunger, but because of the change to worldgen

This. Millions of people still play minecraft and its had a recent resurgance in zoomers who want to be contrarian to the fortnite kids and cling on to their """"""""childhoods"""""""".

OP you're retarded. Updates made the game significantly worse over time? Yes. Kill it? No.

>die from not eating
wow awesome, i needed minecraft to be more like real life

>okay guys what can we add to our survival gamemode to make it survival oriented
>how about hunger?
>genius

meanwhile on Yea Forums:
>WHAT THE FUCK WHY DO I HAVE TO SURVIVE ON THIS MODE CALLED SURVIVAL. IF ONLY THERE WAS A MODE WHERE I COULD BUILD FREELY WITHOUT THIS MASSIVE BARRIER OR A WAY TO TURN IT OFF

>gaym add maor stuff but essentially teh saem gaym
>IT WORST NOW ME HATE IT

Attached: mehatethingnoreason.jpg (1000x972, 122K)

>game before hunger: eat food to recover health
>game after hunger: eat food to recover health
??????

Keep at it, my man.

man, I was playing minecraft before all of you niggas. My account is like the 600th or 6000th account bought. I can't remember which, but i was well before infdef came out, when indev was what you bought it for.

I know this makes me sound like a cranky boomer. But those first freebuild servers were some of the best fun i've ever had. I remember a group of us from Yea Forums going off to build a fucking minis tirtih from lotr, back before people started building big shit in minecraft. I think we were one of the first two actually attempt to build a massive co-op city.
I'm glad there's still videos of it.
youtube.com/watch?v=qx7UKLCNYjw

Attached: fVMhISE.png (1680x1003, 3.54M)

No one fuckin cares grandpa neck yourself and get it over with instead of seething in your own hatred for the based generation

Attached: 1481104719628.png (399x322, 42K)

how are people still mad about the hunger mechanic almost 8 years later
go play on creative or something

fuck off retard. when you bought the game does not somehow make you more qualified to judge the current state of the game.

>play survival
>you can last shit tons of days without eating
>i-it ruined minecraft
Holy shit, having one slot for food is so hard guys. 0/10 will never play again

The microsoft one?

i don't get it either. why doesn't everyone just play on creative. i feel like that's how the game was meant to be played anyway.

That was good fun, I remember trying to find real estate to build sprites was difficult because the world was very small and everyone was building shit disorganized. I made a cool looking oblivion gate or two here and there, right beneath a rainbow tunnel.

It was so easy to go somewhere and fucking RUIN everything by messing with water.

>people think hunger ruined it

Personally I feel what I build has more "value" in the accomplishment that I had to gather all those blocks, that each room might have experiences tied to it and tells a story

Attached: Phantom.gif (296x271, 726K)

Creative was originally the only mode but it took a backseat to survival because it was better content for lets players. Of course most people on Yea Forums are fucking retarded and probably don't even know that there are additional modes besides survival and complain about how tedious it is despite there being numerous ways to rectify it.

Floating isles are in the game though, you can stop posting.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 396K)

Creative was the only mode in the alpha freeware state you mongoloid. The game was always going to be about zombie defence. It's called fucking Mine Craft and you don't do either of those in creative.

at least they never also added a hydration mechanic, or bathroom mechanic or hygiene/disease mechanics

the world generation got way more boring at some point

>Creative was originally the only mode
>Creative was the only mode in the alpha freeware state you mongoloid.
D-did you even read what I said?

Attached: 1557477752776.png (371x353, 148K)

>being proud of playing when it was literally just glorified lego

I always lol when I see this image, I don't know why but I do

What's the weirdest biome you've ever encountered?

Attached: FB_IMG_1557493449087.jpg (712x916, 33K)

cope

okay zoomie woomie

Attached: 1556954110022.jpg (946x1500, 161K)

The game was always going to be survival you turbotard.

Maybe I'm casual, but I just get too bored looking for diamond. It just takes too damn long and is too random. I know the game is called MINEcraft but I really think finding diamonds shouldn't be as painful. There should be some mechanic that helps you figure out where they are instead of having to mine constantly with no indication

that was literally all it was good for though, everything else just ruined it

>game add stuff
>you dont need use stuff
>still mad

I recently found an old file, which shows, that I bought the game on 10th of September 2009, 14:23:53. Just sayin.