Will video game music ever become mainstream and composer recognized as real talents?

Will video game music ever become mainstream and composer recognized as real talents?

Attached: 603497854059.jpg (1800x1800, 553K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WOiNvMSJ7EQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jdu1whFu_ZE&t=59s
youtube.com/watch?v=MDqJ_GqJ1PE
youtu.be/MDqJ_GqJ1PE?t=1260
youtube.com/watch?v=mjY6awCr2_c
youtube.com/watch?v=WQYN2P3E06s
youtube.com/watch?v=1Dga3Vw1NQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4
youtube.com/watch?v=n7-BU0fg2ug
youtube.com/watch?v=XWVij6r4QBw
youtube.com/watch?v=zHdOXCoja-c
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7BGnlTZmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f0LdIZ8TWYo
youtube.com/watch?v=W__p0gCBSZI
youtube.com/watch?v=X_YPmgamRto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nope. Only incels listen to video game music. Although at work theres a chad guy with the Street Fighter 2 character select music as his ring tone. He's like 40.

Instead of arguing about dumb shit, post your favorite OSTs
youtu.be/WOiNvMSJ7EQ

No.
For a number of reasons.
Videogames music tend to be low quality as it's often midi/samples/soft instruments.
The recordings themselves are typically very compressed to accompany gameplay, which completely kills any dynamic subtlely they could have.
It never innovates.
It is often repetitive.
It steals hooks and melodies at a much greater frequency than music.

>Will video game music ever become mainstream and composer recognized as real talents?
They already have.

Attached: Untitled.png (653x597, 450K)

Are you stuck in the 90s or some shit.

I suck at shmups but radiant silvergun and ikaruga have such fucking intense OSTs it makes me want to get good.
youtube.com/watch?v=jdu1whFu_ZE&t=59s
youtube.com/watch?v=MDqJ_GqJ1PE

ikaruga in particular, the fucking hype generated from youtu.be/MDqJ_GqJ1PE?t=1260 transcends videogames. I play this OST whenever i need motivation.

Christopher tin got a grammy for baba yetu. Civ 6 opening theme.

Explain.

>incels
Peak npc thinking.

>games scores are gaining recognition and rewards as valid forms of contemporary classical music
based
youtube.com/watch?v=mjY6awCr2_c
youtube.com/watch?v=WQYN2P3E06s
youtube.com/watch?v=1Dga3Vw1NQ0
youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4

NVM I think ur just retarded lol. There's tons of video game soundtracks which have few things that sound anything like it.

Attached: sh2_ost_eu_01_box_front.jpg (911x800, 117K)

True love oh baby true love oh baby true love oh baby ~~

You mean standard industrial ambient shit of SH2? I'm convinced.

Happend 5 years ago. Its just called chillhop. Chill-x or x-hop (outside of hip hop) is just IRL level music.

youtube.com/watch?v=n7-BU0fg2ug

>rip of Trent and badalamenti
>literally tell people "this is who I rip off" when asked.
>Yea Forumsidcels think you are some sort of musical prodigy
kek

>It never innovates.
>It is often repetitive.
Such as?

OSTs aren't innovative.
Plenty of videogame themes are simple loops.

So is Aphex twin

Let me just share some i enjoy fully that i can remember from the top of my head.

youtube.com/watch?v=XWVij6r4QBw
youtube.com/watch?v=zHdOXCoja-c
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7BGnlTZmQ
youtube.com/watch?v=f0LdIZ8TWYo
youtube.com/watch?v=W__p0gCBSZI

If you wanted to say OSTs aren't innovative, why did you say "plenty" of videogame themes instead of "all"?

What's your point? Lots of regular music is shit. This isn't a phenomenon localized to regular music.

that EOV is awesome but damn they need to invest in better samples, I fucking hate synthchestras.

There are probably some exceptions to the rule out there.

>Aphex twin is considered innovative by many journalists
>Lots of bands which were once considered mainstream were inspired by Aphex twin like Radiohead
Idk maybe I was trying to stick with the point of the thread

But do you actually want to find them, or do you just want to say it's all shit?

I just realized most good OST's come from Japanese games.

No, music school faggots literally seethe over soundtracks in general

Peak incel rationalization.

So you don't have a point?

Why would I want to find them? I don't go panning through the trash for gold. Most of the stuff people pass off here as good is derivative honestly.

>Most of the stuff people pass off here as good is derivative honestly.
Examples?

Just pick and soundtrack and press play. Seriously, what's your favorite soundtrack?

Michael Giacchino started out in video games and is now the biggest film composer of the decade.

Is that a negative? All music comes from somewhere, people aren't reinventing the wheel every time they sit in front of a keyboard.

Videogames were below his station.
Soundtracks are the next rung in the ladder of "corporate music"

>Seriously, what's your favorite soundtrack?
Brood War

It's not much a negative as it is something to be completely ignored in my experience. I don't dislike videogame music, but why would I bother listening to derivatives of typically low production quality?

youtube.com/watch?v=X_YPmgamRto

Attached: 1557184192855.jpg (1024x993, 101K)

Not bad, but at the same time nothing special. I will hand it to Blizzard, they it least she'll out money for a studio which is nice.

We've had film composers lower themselves to video game music as well. Danny Elfman for Fable theme song, Hans Zimmer for CoD, Howard Shore for random korean mmo, Harry Gregson-Williams for MGS.

There is certainly the occasional game that gets the go-ahead for a half-million dollar OST, which is nice because you're it least going to get something high quality in terms of tracks.

I wish Madonna was my gf desu

probably no, and it doesn't have to, since videogame music artists can just make standalone albums like Frank Klepacki, and probably other artists too, did