I'm thinking of getting RX 580 for my budget PC mostly to play Sekiro...

I'm thinking of getting RX 580 for my budget PC mostly to play Sekiro, DMC V and RE2 (and some older games like Bayonetta, Nier Automata, Vanquish etc.), but I've heard it has huge issues with Sekiro, which is the game I want to play the most. My specs are barely above recommended (R5 2400G and 2x4GB 2666MHz), but I don't want to upgrade my whole PC just yet, so should I just get gtx 1060 instead? Has anyone played Sekiro with similar rig here?

Attached: sekiro.jpg (1600x900, 278K)

I play it on Linux with the same card and have no issues whatsoever. I haven't been able to run it on windows yet, but I don't see a reason for why it wouldn't be able to run the game.

what issues?

Attached: sekiro.png (898x989, 96K)

ATI cards always have some issue with a specific game. Just get a 1080, they are cheap enough now. I can get one locally for 300$. If you're really poor then ye just get a 1070 or something.

I've had a GTX 1060 6gb for a few months now and everything runs perfect including Sekiro and DMCV.
You might lose some frames above a 1080p display but it's performed very well.

>what issues
FPS drops and stability issues. Do a quick google and see for yourself. The card has issues with sekiro and other games.

Well, 1080 is like 700€ and even 1070 is more than 350€ here, which is still a little over my budget and my hardware isn't particularly good anyways, so I'd rather just get 1060 6GB and update my PC at the end of the year or in the beginning of the next one.
What do you think are the chances that AMD would fix this issue or From would patch it out? Or are there some games that are just left like this without anyone doing anything about it?

>What do you think are the chances that AMD would fix this issue or From would patch it out?
Zero, these issues rarely get fixed. It's known AMD problems, if you buy and AMD prepare to deal with these problems.

I would never go with ayyymd cuz of garbage drivers and trash emulator performance, especially now that GeForce supports freesync

>pic related
that bottlenecking is insane. amd cpus are a joke.

game's locked at 60fps by default

i hope i will be able to play Sekiro with somehow stable 60fps and 1080p
i had fps drops in Monster Hunter World and Hitman 2 already, i don't want to buy whole new pc every year, i'm still new in my job so i don't get that much of money for upgrading my machine

>I've heard it has huge issues with Sekiro
Runs fine on my 290.

What I have seen is the RX500 and 400 series and Vega 56 and 64 have framerate issues, where no matter ultra high or ultra low, the framerate suddenly drops to 45-50, while GTX cards that are equal to them or slightly weaker keep the 60fps stable.

I got an RX 580 a few months ago and played DMCV and Sekiro and had absolutely 0 issues.

buy used? my 1070 cost me 220€ with 2 years warranty left

Not OP but how are your temps. My rx 580 keeps hitting 80c + now after about 2 months of use. At first it stayed between 75-78 degrees.

I've always been wary about buying GPU used, but you are right the price for 1070 8GB is about 230-250€, which would be perfect for me.

oh...thats embarassing.

kek, you fell for the "power consumption doesnt matter" meme.

Never buy stock GPU's retard.

I played sekiro on a laptop with a i5-6300 and a GTX950M. It ran fine on medium-high at 900p.

Works flawlessly maxed out on my RX580.

Btw I can't remember any issue with any recent game.

Beware of the brainwashed Nvidia shills ITT.

Check your Wattman settings in the AMD control panel.

Don't go with team-Red. You will regret it.
Example: CEMU runs like SHIT on AMD cards, while 1050ti gets steady 60fps.

>I've always been wary about buying GPU used
I've not bought a new GPU since 2007. All my last 3 cards have been 2nd hand. Currently rocking 1060 6gb, which I got in 2017 for 200€, sharp.

who gives a fuck retard
imagine wanting to play some shitty emulator with no games

( here)

I google it, it looks like thermal throttling affecting some users. Pretty sure I've never experienced that, GPU temp never went above 73°C.

Can you post your specs?

why does Yea Forums have nvidia shills?

Attached: 1540236127760.png (930x600, 515K)

>who gives a fuck retard
Literally everyone else except (You), lil' zoom zoom.

>imagine wanting to play some shitty emulator with no games
imagine not wanting to play the best game of the decade, and generally limiting your options and performance.