A question FOR PC/Switch idorts: a port of a game you've been interested in releases on Switch...

A question FOR PC/Switch idorts: a port of a game you've been interested in releases on Switch, and it runs competently (with its concessions, of course). Do you buy it on PC and maximize on your home experience, or buy it on Switch and maximize on your portable experience? Or do you buy it on both and enjoy it on all fronts?

Attached: nintendoswitch_hardware-1-1200x0.jpg (1200x800, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WUwmg2Oqk7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=pMXZIHEEPaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not poor.

Attached: all of the above.jpg (600x709, 23K)

PC generally. I would be able to play that long after the Switch is obsolete, and I'd have more options for controls and the like generally. I don't play outside the house that much anyway.
It would have to be pretty much identical on the Switch for me to consider it. So really only 2D indie games and the like.

Entirely depends on the game

That being said, it's mostly PC leaning.

1. >Buy

Lol

2. If it runs decent on switch I get it for switch unless it's significantly better on pc. Most larger 3D games will run better.

always switch for maximum confy

I wager not a lot of people go out with switch. They probably use it as a home console. Everyone will just look at you like a weird manchild if you do

if it's indie pixelshit or an RPG I'll usually grab it on switch

Depends on the game really. Some games just suit Switch better. But generally I find myself buying the switch version so I have the convenience, it just suits my current lifestyle better.

Its true that I rarely take my switch outside unless I'm going on a trip. But don't have it docked. I usually always have it in handheld mode so I can take around the house or sit outside in my back yard. Just like a laptop, I don't need to stay in one location tied to a monitor. Its liberating.

Consoles are for exclusives only.

Switch. Playing on this system feels more fun to me

PC because playing multiplats on a nintendo console makes no sense.
I don't care about portability too much since I only play games at home and I have to be sitting to play the switch in portable mode anyway since my hands hurt and go numb when playing in bed.

I buy it on NONE LOL

Attached: 1556110614135m.jpg (1024x1024, 104K)

Local multiplayers undoubtely on the Swtich. It's a pain in the ass to set multiple controllers on PC, even more if you want them wireless. Also, exclusives because the emulator is not that great yet.
Otherwise, I lean towards PC. I can't play something 30fps, low settings if I know I can play it way better in my PC. I don't care for some games though.

Unbased

PC
I dont usemy switch except for exclusives (and right now there are none I want to play)
Same goes for every console I own.

If there is a decent emator, I shelf the console.

I have a decent laptop to play some games on the go.

>portable
PC it is. Switch is pretty much a XC2 machine for me.

I buy it on Switch because I know I'll actually play it instead of wasting time on Yea Forums.

I like physical games so I'll go for the switch when that's available.
I only >buy games with decent online on pc.

Why even bother playing 2D indie ports on PC?

Switch is more flexible. You can play it on the couch, or literally anywhere. Every port that I've tried runs fine. And its probably faster to boot up too.

PC because it's free...
Arr...

Demanding games on PC, lightweight games on Switch. Simple as that.

I had this dilemma with the mega man x collection saw it in upcoming on steam looked into it bought it for switch. I like the portability. I own PC xbox one x, switch, Ps4 pro and those are in order of usefulness.

FPS games go to PC. Everything else goes to Switch

the correct procedure is buying it on the switch first, then wait until it goes on sale on steam, and when it does then buy it there too.

>be a Yea Forums moron
>take out finance on $20m worth of horse manure just so you can post on Yea Forums saying "LMAO GUYS CAN'T BELIEVE YOU AREN'T BUYING $20M WORTH OF HORSE MANURE, WHAT ARE YOU, POOR??????"
Based brainlet.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (558x614, 18K)

PC if it offers 60 fps vs 30 on the Switch.
If the difference is only in resolution I go for the Switch version as I travel a lot.

it takes one to know one

I'll buy it on the Switch, and I pretty much bought it just to play ports. Portable Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma really sold me on it, even though I wasn't convinced before.

such a retarded fucking statement

Bro video games cost like $60 brand new and $20-40 on sale. They're literally petty cash. Changing the oil in my car costs more money than a video game.

>buy it on PC
>Buy
>PC

Huh?

Attached: 1556838924113.png (976x658, 272K)

that's not the point. you need to change oil in your car, but you don't need two copies of whatever game you want to play

Cringe

unless the game is ported by skilless retards, i go switch every time. i make sure to do careful research before i pick up any new game. i haven't been disappointed yet, so i must be doing something right

Pirate on PC
then buy on switch
switch is not only the best for comfy portableness, but also for local multiplayer

>not pirating on both

Attached: 1519541924369.gif (645x773, 98K)

But then i wouldnt be able to play smash online

>he doesn't know
also
>he actually bought the online

Attached: 1462725171598.jpg (440x384, 46K)

"Need" related to a bi-monthly $60 purchase has no bearing when you have a solid income and no debt. You don't have to account for "need" vs "want" when your needs are already properly covered and you have excess cash.

Now if you were a poorfag who couldn't even pay rent, sure you might want to consider not buying video games and getting a job, but that's not the case here.

Pirate on PC.
Exclusives on Switch.

I have about 5 Switch games and will be getting one more this year (Fire Emblem).

Attached: a51.png (834x998, 146K)

depends on your living situation. $60 alone isn't much, but that can add up with all the other stuff you're spending money on. like house loans, car reparations, phone bills and such
deciding you'll save those $60 and spend them differently in the future doesn't mean you're poor like that first user implied

I have PC, PS4 and Switch.

Pirate single player games on PC.
Buy multiplayer on PS4.
And use Switch for Mario Kart,Xenoblade, Zelda and that's it.

Attached: 1530442367769.jpg (1024x576, 89K)

>doesn't have an argument
Lmao.

>he wastes significant chunks of money buying the same fucking game twice while other people use their money to better themselves, take out girls, provide for their families, and live better lives
Lmao.

Attached: laugh.jpg (1000x667, 81K)

>Buy multiplayer on PS4.
>buy multiplayer games on a system with paid online

Attached: IMG_0466.jpg (750x645, 54K)

I was in agreement until
>take out girls
waste of money, get yourself a low maintenance one if you absolutely have to and save those dollars

PC always.
consoles are for exclusives, no exceptions.

If I had a gaming PC I would just use Cemu (Wii U emulator) to play Zelda. It looks like it runs pretty damn well from the videos I see on YouTube - you can play it in crazy high resolutions (e.g. 4K) and crazy high frame rates (e.g. ~150 fps).

youtube.com/watch?v=WUwmg2Oqk7Y

Also it plays Mario Kart 8 since that was released on Wii U as well.

And for Switch games, there's the Yuzu emulator, which is really coming along.

youtube.com/watch?v=pMXZIHEEPaA

I guess it depends on the game. If its graphics intensive, I'll get it for my PC. If it isn't and being portable is a great option for taking it on car rides or flying then the switch.

Depends entirely on the genre, that's it.

Attached: free shrugs.png (549x437, 159K)

At the bare minimum, even if you do go Dutch with a girl (that sounds like a sex thing but of course isn't), you still have to pay your own way on a date.

>buy a 300 glorified handheld console
>play only 3 games on it

This is what the nintendogger is about

PC unless it has good local multiplayer, then switch. I'll still have full access to my pc games in 15 years, and doubt my switch will still be around then.

I hacked my switch so I just pirate the switch titles I have on the PC, gg ez

>doubt my switch will still be around then
Do you throw your shit around or what?

If it's couch coop or might be interesting for my gf I'll buy it for the Switch. In all other cases PC

I live in two houses so I can't always play on PC, so Switch for sure. Nowadays I only play on PC if the game is significantly cheaper on it and/or will never come out on Switch

switch. I am not a graphics whore that can´t enjoy a game if it runs at 30 fps 720p. However a game like tekken, which is competitive, needs 60 fps with no input lag. So if tekken comes to switch, i wont touch it on it

The way I've been playing games lately is that it's largely shorter stints throughout the day, and being able to undock my Switch, lean back on my chair and play something for 10-20 minutes while taking a break from whatever I was doing has a lot more appeal to me.

I've mostly been playing exclusives (particularly MHGU and Splatoon) that lend well to these playing habits anyway. But I've bought a few multiplat Indies too.

PC. Play it on the go or at home. Who the fuck thinks portable computers don't exist. If the game somehow runs on the switch, it will run on a Surface pro 2 (if indie) or similar but with a dedicated GPU (razer edge).

Also be real. How often are you turbomongoloids playing games around outside?

I mostly buy stuff for the Switch nowadays, I spend very little time at home so my PC doesn't get much use.

PC.

Switch stays docked and sucks at that too. Shit as fuck as a portable. Mostly just an exclusive machine (all 4 of them).

I’m gonna hack my switch this week. Where can I download games?

This is the very question I'm asking myself as Project Nimbus approaches its launch date for Switch.
On one hand PC version will have better all round looks and performance plus mods (although to be fair I've never utilised modding before so there's no reason I'd start with this game). But switch will have comfy portability and that about it. What would you fags do?

Oh look, another Somali with internet. Must be using its local McDonald's wifi.

If everyone in the market economy acted the way you do, the word nigger would lose all meaning

PC if there are mods for it, or if its a game worth playing at 144hz, if not then switch. For example skyrim on switch, fuck no I already got it on pc with 200+ mods it would just feel gimped experience in comparison. But LA Noir, I cant sit at my pc and play it for too long but if I got the ability to play on the go and in bed then yes absolutely and will be the more likely chance of me actually finishing the game.

I have a hacked switch and a PC.
The only thing I don't have is the time or passion.

Attached: 60141300_2383790238338120_8481555997138092032_n.jpg (640x640, 63K)

I'll likely pick it up on the Switch for ease of play and comfort. Only exception is if it's a multiplayer game and I have more friends wanting to play on PC over Switch (or any other platform).

Most game's I'm interested in tend to be indie games or games that run on lower specs (most AAA stuff that actually uses my powerful machine is fucking trash) so chances are I will grab that shit on the switch where portability exists and I'm not missing much graphically anyway. Especially with the mCable, even 720p looks fine on my 4k TV.

But if it requires good specs, is some multiplayer thing that requires higher framerates, is actually good, ect- I'll grab it for PC, hands down. The issue is, shit like that is fucking rare as hell these days. Last game I grabbed on PC that I was actually satisfied with was Devil May Cry 5 for example- good frame rate and nice visuals paired with good gameplay. Before that was Monster Hunter World. But games like that come out once, maybe twice a year. The vast majority of my recent game purchases are on my Switch, and my Switch siphons most of my gaming time.

Anything that's on PC i won't buy on Switch.

Depends entirely on if M+KB or controller is better.

Buy on switch, pirate on PC and add mods