Design a Pelagus

>design a Pelagus
>call it a Wyvern
LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE

Attached: D6KqjO8WsAIIW9c.jpg (1199x718, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3MlNWYyVdh0
youtube.com/watch?v=oqJe5k4Z00M
youtu.be/qhP4ubi8-Ac
youtu.be/rtWWZfm8nko
youtube.com/watch?v=X05I-OgUPO8
youtube.com/watch?v=0Scr-DMxP10
youtube.com/watch?v=EOkqMnqNTwk
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9-wn4P3C4
youtube.com/watch?v=oA5MuGs_im8
youtube.com/watch?v=MXcDeihAEfE
youtube.com/watch?v=GIwRVwj71ek
youtu.be/_KP8RdetqiU
youtube.com/watch?v=VV7IESSAF_s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm disappointed it wasn't a quadruped

so, did you beat him user?

Attached: mhw-at-nerg-min-750x422.jpg (750x422, 62K)

looks stupid as fuck

Does this new non-expansion add anything more than a new zone and a couple of reskinned monsters?

G-Rank and Tiggy

more news at e3. some french website mentioned 16 new monsters. just wait and see i guess

Attached: 1541231676778.jpg (350x342, 67K)

duramboros is also a brute wyvern

Do Master Rank monsters gets some new attacks/more speed or not?

if its anything like G-Rank, which theyve said is pretty much the same thing, then yes

>didn't even bother taking the time to make unique skeletons
>instead blatantly reuse Barroth and Lavasioth's skeletons again for the new monsters
But why

its like this is your first monster hunter game or something

>people calling it an Ice Barroth
YOU FUCKING MONGOLOIDS
IT'S A RESKINNED DURAMBOROS

Why do people keep believing the first fucking trailer show everything?

It's a new map, but bigger than the others (i would say twice the size) and new monsters, probably around 20.

>wanting to beat again the same monster
ZZzzzZZzzz

Literally every MH is like this you faggot
Unless you think "Blood Diaper Crystal Silver G Rank Crazy Ass Rathalos" is so much different from the regular Rathalos you MHGU fag

worldsperm go fuck yourself

16 new monsters means 3 large monsters 4 small and 9 endemic.

holy shit im gonna farm best boys whole armor set

Attached: 8BVYGZqSqynY6yhd2RLTiG.jpg (1920x1072, 611K)

>renamed G rank to master rank
You should boycott it for just this reason

is that the new deviljoh skin?

WHERE
IS
BARIOTH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAH.png (500x500, 112K)

I don't care about killing the 15º variation of Rathalos If I have others monster with their 20 variations of colors too

>Now we could give you Alatreon
>Or we could just shit out an ugly ass kushala reskin with a gay name

Attached: MHWI_Key_Art_png_jpgcopy.0.jpg (1919x1200, 1.12M)

Duramboros attacks tailfirst though, this one is more like Barroth with it's headfirst dashing.

>actualyl wanting Alatreon

Shitters out

They should put Gammoth in since he's the real best boy snow mammal monster

I prefer a Fatalis Blanco

Yeah sleep bombing him for skypiercers was so fun.

There's no way they're not adding Fatalis after that suspicious as fuck single render of it

>This kushala reskin sucks!
>I wanted this other kushala reskin instead!
The new design is nothing special but it's serviceable.
I'm fine if the actual fight is fun

>design Duramboros
>make it not Duramboros
I feel bad just wanting old monster again, but these new designs are just not doing it for me.

Attached: 1425370966013.jpg (1600x953, 162K)

I'm torn. I also wanted it to be a quadruped because World already has enough Brute Wyverns, but on the other hand a theropod dinosaur/moose hybrid is such a stupid concept that it ends up being unironically great.

Do you think they've finally fixed the leviathan skeleton?

Attached: downloadfile-20.jpg (474x355, 24K)

Duramboros was a garbage fight since p3rd.
At least the antekadrome looks a bit more fun.

B!NG!!!

>Mostly attacks by trying to bulldoze the player with its head down
>Banbaro vs Beotodus turf war animation is completely identical to Barroth vs Jyuratodus
Functionally it's pretty obvious that it's closer to Barroth than it is to Duramboros.

what render?

Capcom deserves to burn for continuing to put Piscine Wyverns in their games when Leviathans are just a superior fight and nobody fucking likes Cephadrome or Lavasioth and Plesioth is just memes.

Is he out now?

I think Lagi would have been one of the first monsters they'd have shown off if they had.

On console, yeah.

Huh, I'll give it a go later. Heard the layered armour is the ryu one, thats disappointing

You look stupid as fuck

But duramboros is a reskinned barroth + spin

Alatreon is an actual new monster that uses kushala's skeleton as a base but is his own thing
Since capcom is allergic to effort Velkana will literally just be G rank Kush, you already know it

That monster design is so bland and uninspired, that looks like something straight from Frontier, not main series.

Attached: D1bAM42X4AAkHAo.jpg (1200x681, 147K)

Pretty much, he'd fit right in Frontier's horde of kushalas

>Since capcom is allergic to effort Velkana will literally just be G rank Kush, you already know it
>I THINK THIS, SO YOU SHOULD THINK THIS TOO!
We literally saw nothing of the new monster.
I too was a bit disappointed by the reused skeletons, but if they are teasing the new fight, it means it's at least unique

Bone uragaan and mudfish should've taught you that capcom doesn't like to work on their games

niiice

>Capcom will put in Rusted Kushala alongside Velkhana
There, now the rage is justified.

Why are they so fucking lazy

>Velkhana in the trailer doesn't have ice on it
>Velkhana in the promo art has ice on it
It's going to have Zamtrios's ice armour gimmick, isn't it? Poor guy can't catch a break, World's roster just can't stop ripping him off.

The ice plesioth part was an outright insult to zamtrios

>everyone and their mom will be dressed up in nargaslut set

Attached: 1543746028592.jpg (732x558, 195K)

Kulve Taroth
>Giant Gold Elder Dragon
>call it a Dragon
>no wings
>body rig is Great Jaggy
Also OP that's a brute wyvern not a flying wyvern

Why do people like Zamtrios that much?

But that is great

Kirin
>unicorn
>call it a dragon
>no wings
>body rig is a kelbi
That's you, that's how dumb you sound.

HOW ABOUT YOU MAKE A MONSTER THAT ISN'T JUST A FUCKING DRAGON
HOW ABOUT THAT?

Land sharks are cool

Attached: SharkJoke.jpg (481x956, 239K)

Maybe the 1st week but everyone will just switch to meta shit like usual.

I'm happy that Duramboros is getting a non-retarded cousin, though I would have preferred if they had just fixed Duramboros.

>giant toad shark in ice armour that turns into a ball and runs people over
What's not to like?

Back for one last hunt. Yeah.

>cute zamite minions
>can turn into a fat boi that can roll over people

I miss him so much

Attached: 5e4645778d5ebeadaa4cde48cc7e879249aa8acc_00.jpg (512x480, 29K)

Western piggus luv dragons user

My problem with him is pretty much that, he's too much stuff in one.
The land shark part is cool, the ice armor too.
But the giant inflation just looks excessive.

I like moose wyvern a lot. I think he's a cool guy.

Attached: face.jpg (623x823, 78K)

No westerners love dinosaurs
I'm pretty sure

Not yet. But I will in June.

He wouldn't nearly be as memorable if he didin't go from an angry armoured shark to a fucking ball in one second

anyone else having trouble with loading images on Yea Forums?

Kirin isn't a unicorn, it's a kirin. It's much closer to a dragon than whatever Kulve Taroth is supposed to be.

Maybe when its out for PC.

The way World handles online has all but made me give up farming ATs. I just beat them once or twice solo and move the fuck on. Everyone without retarded hame sets insta dies to them online and solo is just a 20min battle of attrition. The definition of unfun but I guess that's what happens when you're out of material and wanna keep churning out content with so few mons.

Is AT Zorah even soloable?

>>Now we could give you an ugly ass kushala reskin with a gay name
>Or we could just shit out an ugly ass kushala reskin with a gay name
What did he mean by this?
Alatreon is shit. Also i'm sure he'll be in anyway, unfortunately/ Are you one of those seething cretins thinking a short out of nowhere trailer showed you the entirety of DLC?

glad to see that world continues adding fucking shit boring monsters.

I don't believe that, but I do think making monsters for the game they envisioned is harder than anticipated. So as a result they're using the easiest skeletons available along with monsters that aren't affected by terrain as much which happens to be flying wyvern, brute wyvern, kushala's, and leviathan given how Great Jagras and Dodogoma get all their moves from Royal Ludroth.

This is why I can't stop playing the older games yet. World's monster variety is severely lacking and the new monsters are nowhere as unique compared to previous gens.

Attached: 1331694155640.jpg (640x366, 94K)

>TRUST ME IT WONT BE SHIT
Be more subtle next time shill

If there will be 20 new monsters, we'll get at least one new skeleton, right?

>but I do think making monsters for the game they envisioned is harder than anticipated
Or they could just not give a single fuck
The old games had way more varied monsters with unique skeletons and not even half the budget MHW has, this time they don't have to try at all since they're swimming in money even if they released a game with 25 rathaloses

Yes, Nargacuga and Tigrex
That's your ONLY new skeleton

Narga is a flying wywern user

But it always had a unique skeleton
Like how Seregios is a flying wyvern but still has completely unique animations

I REALLY hope monkeys will be back in
it would be fucking stupid not to have blangos around

you retarded fuck

Attached: 1552448064255.jpg (1024x768, 144K)

They're psuedo wyverns m8

Attached: 1548636697160.png (628x624, 431K)

>It's a japanese Unicorn, totally different
fuck off weeabo

Attached: 1474989268468.jpg (253x420, 25K)

>Also OP that's a brute wyvern not a flying wyvern
I never claimed it flies.
also ED's are the exception species canonically

>whatever Kulve Taroth is supposed to be
A dragon?

Attached: fafnir.jpg (463x700, 117K)

You sure the skeleton is unique? Tigrex is in the standard flying wyvern stance before it notices you and MHO had that Kut-ku that assumes a Tigrex stance in the middle of the fight

More than half the monsters in the series wouldn't be nearly as memorable if they weren't multifaceted and just one trick ponies like they are in World. Shit I mean look at Gypceros compared to Pukei Pukei. One spews poison, but can easily be shut down from obtaining powerful versions of its moves because of the slinger and losing its tail; the other also poisons but can change how it spits it out whenever it wants to, can steal your items, can stun you, and has a tail that'll never come off so its backside is always covered no matter what. Keep in mind these are both monsters you fight early on, but one is objectively superior to the other because it can do more to cover its ass as well as assault.

Old games also had a lot of flat land and way less slopes and overall terrains to account for as well. I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt for now because World is only a year old and it's the first of this new style of Monster Hunter. The things we want are going to take time, hence why it's no skin off my nose that the game's current state is disappointing and lacking.

Attached: 1309976969760.jpg (1300x1600, 546K)

P-please play Dauntless

I fucking know right? best looking armor ever.

>i have no idea what i'm talking about
Nigger, do you realize one of the OG dragons has no wings and has a hoard of gold?
KT is basically a old germanic/nordic dragon and not some weebshit, but you wouldn't know.

>uninstalled game by accident
>savefile likely gone
Motherfucker

Get ready for shitty ass skils

Attached: 1553863789691.jpg (1024x676, 144K)

What's the layered set?

dont care i NEED it

>Not using a mod for custom layered armors

Attached: 1553701144801.jpg (720x711, 101K)

>playing on pc

Attached: 1555044468348.jpg (600x799, 42K)

>Fatalis teasing
>Alatreon missing
which one will be the G rank endboss? Will we have a fatalis vs alatreon turf war?

>not using a mod to modify weapon values so armor skills are irrelevant
This is balanced

Attached: 20190125140040_1.jpg (916x638, 142K)

>But it always had a unique skeleton
Actually it doesn't. Narga, Tigrex, etc. in fact use the same rig as all the other flying wyverns, they just use a different set of animations from the default. Try taking a close look at Khezu sometime; you can see that he uses animations from both sets.

Attached: Khezu-shadownightwing-39780859-365-416.png (365x416, 150K)

usually fatalis is the second to last boss and some new thing is the last boss

The Narga skeleton isn't completely unique, it's just the regular Flying Wyvern skeleton but with a bat-like posture instead of a bird-like one.

You get a Ryu model swap. Heaven forbid they put in effort and give us the actual Gi and headband to wear. Nope, just replace your player model with Ryu's SFV model and call it a day. Hope fighting AT Nerg was worth it!

Attached: 001.png (500x500, 140K)

Jesus fuck i remember when my friends memed me into playing it because they didin't have MHW yet
It was embarassing to say the least

>weebshit
Hey I just opened this thread but I noticed you calling some aspect of a japanese game made by japanese developers in japan "weebshit".
If anything, kulve taroth is westaboo shit.
Thank you for your attention.

I just started playing MHW, and this is my first MH. Any beginner tips? I've just set up camp at the Ancient Forest, (right after the first Kulu-Ya-Ku fight). Been grinding Investigations hunting Great Jagras and Kulu-Ya-Ku. I'm kinda scared moving the story forward since I still can't beat Apsaras, and he's roaming the Ancient Forest like he own the place. How do you increase your HP and Stamina? Is there a leveling system in the game?

These fucking kiddies who can't even recognize an obvious callback to Fafnir because "it doesn't have wings!1"

Attached: 1557511805424.png (1280x720, 603K)

yes and?
i was referring to this nigga being a retarded weeb.
you're right about the westaboo stuff tho.

>Any beginner tips?
Don't lock on the camera
>How do you increase your HP and Stamina?
You can increase them with either skills or by eating a meal
> Is there a leveling system in the game?
No, it's all centered around getting better gear

Attached: 1521878534352.gif (270x222, 1000K)

Btw, I'm using the Switch Axe. And am I suppose to switch weapons and armors for each hunts? Or can I just use the weapon and armor I like and just keep upgrading it.

Then I'll pass. I've killed enough nergs for one lifetime, I don't need to fight an extra beefy version if this is all you get out of it.

Why are they so against giving out layered sets made out of actual monsters? Fucking XX gave you transmog access and special color tints for beating super deviants, why can't they do that here?

Attached: 1533951465408.jpg (375x375, 39K)

This little fuck better has a 2nd form

Then there'd be no reason to participate in the AT end grind and seasonal events because everybody would literally where anything else but those sets. Basically it goes against Capcom's current design philosophy for World. That's okay because there's bigger priorities the dev team should concern themselves with, such as weapon design.

Attached: Greatswords.jpg (543x800, 466K)

>such as weapon design.
Not surprising that the weapon design guy for MHW looks like he's disabled

I still get a laugh out of how gog weapons were given sleep of all things just because the devs felt like there weren't enough sleep weapons

Attached: promised nadir.jpg (1362x785, 331K)

the real ones will stick to the kirin slut armor

Wait that's the reason Tar-splosion's weapons have sleep status? I can't really say I agree nor disagree since I never really paid attention, but how often do people actually use sleep weapons outside of ranged?

Attached: tumblr_inline_pjzt9aHwth1qbjh17_500.jpg (480x272, 50K)

You don’t really need to switch for every hunt, especially not in the earlygame. You should probably go and get better equipment every one or two quest ranks though.

Their excuse was "Gogmazios slept hundreds of years so that's why it has sleep weapons"
The real reason is that there were not enough sleep weapons

Forgive me for sounding REALLY dumb for asking this. But what's "quest ranks"? Is it story missions? Or Investigation hunts? Or Exploration? I'm sorry, I'm really new at this.

I think there was also some comment about sleep tying into the death theme they had with

Attached: Image143.jpg (2601x1857, 1.02M)

>"quest ranks"
A gate that determines what quests you're allowed to take on. If your current rank is lower than what's recommended of a quest, you can't do it.
>Is it story missions
No, but story missions allow you to raise your hunter rank so you can take on the quests with higher quest ranks.
>Investigation hunts?
Investigations are Optional Quests with additional rules attached. For instance you could gain a quest to hunt Great Jagras, but you only get one chance to faint and or maybe gathering spots give you more stuff and or it'll only give you 15 minutes to do the quest. They're all within your quest rank though so you don't have to worry about getting anything too strong for you to handle.
>Exploration
More or less how you obtain investigations along with farming materials you'll need later on like herbs, ore, bones, etc. You can always farm monsters for materials if you so choose, but they have a time limit as well so you're eyeing something it's best to kill it then and there or else it'll run off and vanish from the map. You can also catch endemic life if you want, which really serves no purpose other than pets for your room or the occasional field quest.

I agree with that explanation. Hey as long as it works, right?

Sleep CB was way fun. The shield thrust was great for applying status and you had a fantastic wakeup move with the SAED.

This. For an elder dragon it should have a pretty fucking unique design that makes it stand out. Velkana may take place as being one of the most generic looking elder dragons ever, holy shit why does the MH:World team fucking suck at designing anything.

Attached: 254A9579-DEC0-451A-8903-A103E5E7D95F.png (1000x950, 594K)

All their creative juices went into nergigante and Bazelguese

I like it

It’s how many stars a quest has on the quest board. You start at 1 and max out at 9.

Not him, but I think it's just a little basic. Not bad
Like, look at the gen 3 and 4 final elders like Amatsu, Miralis, Dalamadur, Narkarkos, Atal Ka
This just feels comparatively uninspired

Nerg is at least partially recycled from seregios anyway, both in the too many spikes gimmick and his head literally being one of the seregios concepts

Attached: Image076.jpg (2613x1872, 1.34M)

feel like elder dragons should be more out there, not something you can just sum up with two words. valkhana is just an ice dragon

>Amatsu, Miralis, Dalamadur, Narkarkos, Atal Ka
They are the final bosses, this is just the flagship

The best elder dragon is still Fatalis because surprisingly his "old vintage dragon" look actually makes him the most unique both in MH and dragons in general

You can say valphalk is just a jet dragon

Although to someone who doesn't know what valphalk is that would at least raise some questions as to what exactly that entails

That's okay, Frontier's been doing it for years!

Attached: FrontierGen-Rebidiora_Render_001.png (967x1217, 1011K)

>MH had generic dragon and a giant dragon
>MH2 had generic dragon and flying jellyfish
>MH3 had generic VOLCANO dragon and whale dragon
>MH4 had xenomorph death oil dragon and snake dragon
>MH5 had generic laser dragon and generic ice armor dragon
I like the design, it's just that I expected the skeleton to be from something weird or different like the previous whales or magala arms or squids.
Maybe during combat it'll pull a zamtrios and dress itself into an ice gundam or something like that.

In that case, I suppose he's on par
Would you put him on the same level of creativity as Gore, Brachy, Glav, Valstrax, etc.?
Maybe, but I might still say no

I'd say Nerg and Seregios are different because one is about growing spikes at random like tumors and shedding them while the other is about being a bird with spikes instead of feathers and rattling
But yeah the head part is absolutely correct

Valphalk at least is inspired and has thought put into it
Velkana is literally some bog generic dnd dragon with icy bits

>we have absolutely no idea how wings work and we're proud

I have absolutely no idea what they'll pull out their own ass to make it not absolutely generic but my expectations are below zero.

>Playing it on anything but PC
I'm sorry, my poor friend

Attached: 1554775051498.png (471x411, 113K)

Attached: FrontierGen-Harudomerugu_Render_001.png (1476x1115, 1.32M)

Shagaru is just a light dragon.

Isn't that the dragon that turns into a giant ball of jizz?

The real flagship was Gore, and he was an AIDS darkness dragon
He also had a rad phase 2 transformation, so I want something comparable for ice Kush as well wait, wasn't Kush already Ice

youtube.com/watch?v=3MlNWYyVdh0

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 18K)

>BEST SELLING CAPCOM GAME OF ALL TIME
>shit out updates at a slow as fuck pace
>somehow pc gets them even slower

how do you fuck this up? like this is the golden goose and you guys are STILL this retarded?
I don't fucking get it man

world is trash, bring back REAL mh

Attached: 1557616566677.jpg (1200x1305, 564K)

>randums not bringing Adamant Seeds
100% Guaranteed triple cart, or your money back

>white sharpness

Get on my level

Attached: 1430270699955.jpg (640x368, 72K)

cont'd.
lets not forget the stale as fuck weapon variety.
im okay with the monster roster but weapons are unforgivable. the whole lets just glue shit to a sword and call it something else is actually trash. i legit felt insulted looking at the hunting horn tree like holy shit bro...

Am i the only one who feels like the Monster Hunter artstyle died in World?
Most new monsters look like trash with like 3 exceptions and the HUD has none of that old tribal aesthetic but instead is just bland and generic

Attached: cat.jpg (800x450, 153K)

HE’S IN

Attached: 670F5611-C19E-46DC-BD0E-8AA6EAAB39CD.png (400x236, 90K)

Disufiroa in World!

Attached: an ancient evil awakens.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

Garbage game
Garbage monster
Kino music

The witcher event is pretty nice

stylistically world is all fucked.
the hit effects are shit and the blood is gone, all the soundeffects from previous games arent there anymore, you dont have things like flex after drinking potions, the village is the worst uncomfy shit ever, the weapons are lazy as fuck and all the new monsters are boring garbage.
oh and the music is fucking WEAK.

The hitsounds unironically are the worst for me
Play IG and everything but Tornado Slash sounds like a butterknife even at white sharpness
It fucking hurts so badly, anons

I play the GS and everything but the true charge feels like garbage.
Everything but truecharge IS garbage in World. I hate this game so much.

yeah the monsters lost their brighter colors coming to next gen.
also did you notice we didnt get any of the goofy looking or brighter colored older gen monsters like congalala etc? they obviously dont want to bring those in.
yeah proof of a hero in this game has to be the worst version in the entire series. i dont get how you can fuck up the main theme so bad. its supposed to be EPIC and BOOMING, yet it sounds so weak

They went for more realistic visuals, so everything just looks shit and boring. Weapons look like shit, armor looks like shit, handler looks like shit, monsters look boring. Unless this is your first MH game, nothing is memorable.

Yep, there he goes

Attached: IMG_20190512_065143.jpg (1194x350, 156K)

youtube.com/watch?v=oqJe5k4Z00M
But have the audacity to try and say anything like this on /vg/ and the whole place will burn down
What happened?

Attached: quicksilver.webm (640x360, 2.35M)

>realistic visuals
>just shit and boring
God fucking damn it i hate this meme and the fact that people probably think it's a good justification for World's lack of colour

Attached: ef1341f3ef11667bf2ef15e580e1d5cb.jpg (1600x1600, 276K)

you beat me to it haha. vaal hazaks theme is pretty good honestly and nergi as well. but everything else is forgettable. the fact that proof of a hero doesnt play in the character select is a fucking crime.

literally vanilla ice from jojo what the fuck.
its the same move he does to polnareff when hes on the ground and cant move in dying rn lmao.

the armors look good, but thats literally the only thing.
too bad that you will never run with full sets because its either full clown or drachen only.

/vg/ is Yea Forums's chernobyl

I've actually (unironically) been playing frontier lately and even though the webms look ridiculous the hunters also get a ton of broken tools so its not as bad as it seems, except zenith khezu, i hate zenith khezu

>people probably think it's a good justification for World's lack of colour
Literally no one thinks this, not even the devs themselves yet they still insist on pushing the generic realistic design.

/mhg/ actually died and then got revived by shitposters.
and thats the current state of it.

Locomotion by ejaculation?

The worst thing, for me, is how much they fucked with visual clarity. It's in all of the animations, the particle effects, the overbearingly detailed environments and the monsters themselves.
Feels like gameplay went out of the equation for the sake of making everything pretty and interesting looking to normies and zoomers.

Daily reminder that everything is this hack's fault.

Attached: art director.jpg (854x440, 194K)

>Literally no one thinks this
I've been having autistic arguments with people since it came out, they think it's a perfect justification because they have no idea what animals look like since they never go outside so they think nature is varying shades of brown/grey

PSO called, they want their entire game back

Attached: 1537153357274.jpg (1599x1004, 162K)

He's the series' creator.

Who the fuck was the previous art director

They wanted to appeal to westerners, and as we all know, westerners hate bright colours, stylised GUI, catchy and varied music, and human characters that don't look like they have a terminal illness.

>Now you can scream "help" like a little girl in five different languages
When games had heart and care put into them

>MH threads turned into a bunch of guys circlejerking their opinions about how new things are the worst ever
>GU isn't even alive anymore
>they don't even play the old games, they just complain
R.I.P. MH, at least I still have Touhou

There's already mods that do that

And the art director for World and Iceborne

There probably wasn't an art director position before World

what? you can always find people for GU shit.
bad falseflag.

You do know World as had the most pre-release updates of any MH game right?

GU always has pages of rooms, but what's dead are /mhg/ rooms
I can sit there for an hour with the code up while eating and get no hits
Those turncoats pretend nothing but World exists now

You can literally say the same for World.
You have all the SOSs and dedicated public Rooms you want during festivals, but /mhg/ rooms are empty.

I don't even know which MH games /mhg/ plays anymore

Considering it had barely half the content it's not shocking

He is supposed to be hard?
Beat him first try

/mhg/ doesn't play MH games anymore. That's why.

What is this dead meme?
Both GU and World are doing perfectly well

its no surprise that world completely killed the online community with horseshit like the SoS system.

World is literally the most active MH game to date. No game has been as active for as long as World, what is this meme?

To be honest I feel more offended by the terrible weapon design than the monsters. 12m units sold , hundreds of millions earned and they can't even set up a small team to refine the LR weapons design into something that isn't just bone/metal with feathers/scales glued on it.

Attached: 534634734.jpg (319x448, 60K)

The online system in World is a sad joke. I can't believe they fucked it up worse than some of their older entries.

The only saving grace is PC because you can mod the gathering hub into a usable state. Even then you still have to deal with host disconnects, weird multiplayer health/status scaling, and cutscenes that can only be watched solo.

Attached: 1555643316784.jpg (355x369, 27K)

>world completely killed the online community
>Constantly active
Does anyone here even play MHW? How can you just blatently lie like this?

There's literally no interaction between players. It's as if you were playing with npcs.

mhw is the best

Attached: SPOILER_mhw_pickle.webm (720x404, 2.86M)

Gore Magala is a flagship on top of being pre-Elder and still has more going on than ice Kusha.

Attached: Magala to Magara.webm (1280x624, 2.93M)

World is most active because it's by far the most popular. It would be considerably more popular if the online systems weren't shit. I don't know where he's getting that it's dead from though, that's hyperbole.

>cutscenes that can only be watched solo.
Why did you remind me

Attached: 1556107052435.jpg (348x460, 26K)

Magala was a masterpiece of a monster, what can you expect

You retards do not understand and you make it obvious that world is your first game.
SoS drop in and drop out gameplay is absolute cancer to the games community.
There is literally zero communication and you cant even stick around after hunts.
You can play online but the other players might as well be NPCs.

Yes, with some hilarious randoms
its a shame that half my friends are actual garbage at the game and attempting it with them is doomed to fail

Attached: from mistake to miracle.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

>reddit and /mhg/ are just a shilling echo chamber for World
>Yea Forums and gamefaqs are just a complain echo chamber for World

I had to because it's the reason most of my friends never gave the game a chance.

I know a lot of people who bought the game and stopped playing a bit before they got to high rank because they got tired of having to create a quest solo, watch the cutscene, back out, and recreate the quest.

why not make him a antekadrome

People talk to me all the time though.
Even when I played on PS4 we'd all gesture to each other to signal what ee we're doing.

>lmaooo so random mods XDDDD!!!

You want another Kirin?

As someone who's playing both MHGU and World, it's hard to see the Gathering Hub empty sometimes in World even when the player list is large. Playing with randoms in MH4U was one of my best experiences online even when I have McDonalds-tier shit wifi at the time, and I had fun even when they don't speak English

>they never reused the Kirin skeleton
Why?

They literally could've used his skeleton, made it bigger, buffer and a bit slower for Banbaros. Why the fuck did they decide to go with another fucking Brute Wyvern?

>good design
>cute, but not in a gross furfag way
>has a memorable and unique gimmick
>gimmick isn't a pain in the ass to deal with
>gimmick isn't super formulaic with how it functions
>cute little mini Zamies as well
The only negative thing I can think of when it comes to Zamtrios is that Tigerstrip doesn't have a substitute for normal Zamtrio's ice coated form.

Attached: 1552085535607.png (460x554, 185K)

Because it's outdated and you have many other good sources for quadruped skeletons like Odogaron.

He means there's no sense of community in World. Like none at all. You don't just go into a room and hunt with other people. Instead you jump into a room and nobody joins because nobody cares about what you're after. The fact Gathering Hub is completely optional and nobody has to be in it to communicate is also a factor. Now you just SOS to bring some more shmucks into a quest and say good bye because you all got what you came for.

Considering Kirin has a skeleton that's otherwise only shared with the likes of Kelbi it really baffles me that they seem to be so hellbent on not using it for any new monsters.

am i the only one who thought this was duramboros in the trailer

Because this is Monster Hunter. Even a wolf is a wyvern.

gamefaqs can be OG as fuck.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. It feels like I've never really met randoms to play with regularly in World like I would in some of the older entries.

Except for maybe a deer monster, how would you use a horse skeleton?

I hope Rajang, Dinovaldo and Alatreon come back.

Also really autistic
The other day I was reading wall of texts about why Iceborne should be free

Yet shit like Blagonga and Rajang that can easily ass rape people aren't. Frontier also has wolves that aren't Fanged Wyverns. The only excuse here is Capcom's incompetence.

given how unfinished and underwhelming world war I'd accept it as a nice gesture.
right now I cant even be fucked to buy it.

>le kirin is scary and teh worst mohnstar evar maymay :cccccc
excited for Oroshi Kirin to inevitably arive in Iceborne and filter Worldbabs once again

Attached: UM_Iya_na_Kao_Sare_Nagara_Opantsu_Misete_Moraitai_02_BD_1920x1080_x264_FLAC_9E00374F.mkv_014743.770. (1920x1080, 1.91M)

Yeah the incompetence to do what you want. It's their world vision to have everything reptiles then you just have to accept it.

Also Rajang is a minotaur, obvious by its cow hooves.

>I didn't like the game, so the devs should give me a whole new game for free

Attached: 4XTFNGL.png (370x320, 10K)

oh god what did they do to my beautiful shagaru?
fuck frontier

Yes. He was pretty fun and I hope this is what (not)G-Rank will be like. Those instant slams hit like a fucking truck.

>new game
nice meme

It’s design isn’t gaudy enough to be from frontier.

Those mouth breathing retards at Capcom keep bringing up the ecosystem in World, yet they can't be bothered to give us more varied creatures outside of overgrown lizards? It's just straight up fucking incompetence.

Just about any other ungulate, for a start, or for more elders they could tack some wings on and make a hippogriff-like monster. They've definitely not done everything they can do with the skeleton.

>Confirmed to have more quests then World
>Said to have roughly as much content as world itself

Not with that shitty Ryu layered armor set, won't even bother with this one.

Attached: 23.jpg (873x523, 88K)

>no new skeletons for monsters
>but new skeletons for the critters (monkeys)
Based Capcom

>quests
You can have 17 'kill one Rathalos' """quests""" and that doesn't make it the base game equivalent

>not playing for some fun and challenge
>not playing for the armor

>shark
>animations full of life and personality
>unique gimmicks
>reasonably dangerous for an early-mid tier monster, but not obnoxious to fight
>cool theme
>cool equipment
>hunting horn plays a snippet of said cool theme
>one of the best subspecies in the series that remixes the gimmicks into a significantly more challenging fight
>shark

Attached: 49187917_p0.jpg (1042x1042, 92K)

>shitter animeposter making excuses to avoid hard content
Yikes

Yeah, blame Fujioka.

Attached: ffxv wow 2.webm (1280x720, 2.83M)

Sauce?
Searching for World of Wonder just brings up other shit

>frontier good mainline bad
Nothing new here.

Attached: mhf midogaron.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

The music fucking tanks in World and most of the time I forget it's even there. The hit sounds and everything else over shadow it when it used to be right alongside the monster. Honestly this is why I don't like games that gear their music towards orchestrated. You start limiting instruments and how organic a track can feel. Even comparing FU's Desert to Wildspire is night and day in terms of theme and the instruments presented. Even worse is that it's affecting monster themes too!
youtu.be/qhP4ubi8-Ac

BING BING WAAHOOOOOOO WAHOOOO BING BING

GO BACK TO YOUR NINTENDOS, FAGGOT

Meant to add FU's desert theme to that post. Also here's deserted island vs ancient forest for good measure.
youtu.be/rtWWZfm8nko

youtube.com/watch?v=X05I-OgUPO8
youtube.com/watch?v=0Scr-DMxP10

Eh, it’s a mixed bag. In some ways it’s worse and in others better. For example I personally think World Jho is the best he’s looked. His skin has a withered texture to it which makes him look more intimidating.

Attached: 86799FC7-52D6-4B30-9885-BA61B2CC776E.jpg (590x350, 26K)

youtube.com/watch?v=EOkqMnqNTwk

The actual models look great, but I really don't appreciate them sucking the colour out of everything. Comparing Jho to a pickle doesn't really make sense when you can barely even tell it's supposed to be green anymore.

Attached: Jho.jpg (1200x800, 207K)

Yet nobody seems to bother that Narga is not a panther but a reptile, Tigrex is not a tiger but a reptile, Zinogre and Odogaron are not wolves but reptiles, Baritoth is not a sabertooth tiger but a reptile, Mizutsune is not a fox but a reptile, Astalos is not an insect but a reptile, Khezu is not a worm but a reptile, Nibelsnarf is not a fish but reptile, Malfestio is not a bird but a reptile, Zamtrios is not a shark but a reptile, etc.

>Literal teleports behind u garbage

Attached: vomit.gif (240x200, 354K)

Shit, you don't need to look any further than the main fucking theme to see how trash world's soundtrack is
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9-wn4P3C4
youtube.com/watch?v=oA5MuGs_im8
youtube.com/watch?v=MXcDeihAEfE
youtube.com/watch?v=GIwRVwj71ek
All that swelling triumph reduced to half hearted orchestral braps

He’s still clearly green. It depends on the lighting of wherever you are fighting him. In any area in the shade he is still his usual pickle green.

At least it gave us Bazel and Lunastra’s theme. I like how her version sounds more mysterious and elegant compared to Teo. Also the Kulve themes are underrated.

malfestio is a bird and zamtrios is a frog learn your classifications

>bird
wyvern

>frog
wyvern

those monsters need more spikes

>he hasn't seen what they did to Nargacuga
Boy are you in for some shit.
youtu.be/_KP8RdetqiU
youtube.com/watch?v=VV7IESSAF_s

Actually Zamtrios and Tetsucabra are Amphibians. No wyvern suffix or anything, just frog monsters.

>Also Rajang is a minotaur, obvious by its cow hooves.
Fix your vision and/or memory.

Attached: what the fuck.gif (446x469, 1.46M)

I can't tell how you fucking made it through life if you can't even read wyvern in most cases is a secondary trait descriptor.

Designs look great but with rehashed shit like narga, tigrex, alatreon and more guaranteed to return you just know all new monsters will be early filler again. MH hasn't been good since 3U.

So you'll have anything against brute wyverns. They're mammals and the wyven is just a secondary trait descriptor.

Frontier never ceases to amaze me, it's actually like seeing humanity at its worst, how can devs and players have such incredibly shit taste?

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaa.png (332x332, 18K)

It's fun.

But frontier is good

Attached: fin tunnels.webm (640x360, 2.9M)

MHGU > MHW

>Cephadrome actually doing something and using the Cephalos for cordinated attacks
Niiice

MHFU = MH4U > MH3U > MHF > power gap > MHGU > MHW

Attached: khezucosplay.jpg (899x1200, 108K)

Swap 4U and 3U for perfection
World isnt applicable as it's not a G title

Item sets tainted me
I can't go back to not having them

jealous as fuck

At least this LOOKS fun, world and even previous games are all starting to feel like rinse repeat "dodge the same reused tackle animation,attack...stagger,trip,attack,attack,attack--->WIN!!".
I might be a little burned out but holy shit are the games starting to lose their novelty.

Attached: 1554523934484.jpg (309x309, 12K)

>World isnt applicable as it's not a G title
I don't think it becoming a G title will fix any of the problems I currently have with it, and the reason it's placed on my scale in that spot.

GU fixed Gen didn't it?

No.

You're just admitting being biased then.

Fuck yeah I'm biased, I've been here for more than a decade and am pretty sad about the direction World decided to take.

Then fuck off m8.

They just manage to slightly redeem the absolute worst large monster in the series, but when they try to do the same with monsters who were already decent or good it just turns into a retarded shitshow.

After you, you lukewarm pissant.

But oroshi was even easier

imagine cheating in a game becuase it's too difficult for you

>Still forcing the "FU was good" meme
FU was pure jank but it was pretty much all we had. All the entries after it only improved on the formula.

Duramboros has the same fucking charge & the size of Banbaro pretty much confirms which one they built it around.

Zamtrios was a shit poop easy monster with a gimmick that only prolonged the inevitable by milliseconds at best.

You “skeleton”fags are the absolute worst, I swear.

Attached: goodbye, iggy.jpg (480x360, 19K)