Is it overrated?

Is it overrated?

Attached: sh2_bestsh.jpg (1034x800, 148K)

n

O

p

E

No

N

Absolutely not you faggot. Silent hill 1-2-3-4 are the most based games in the entire industry.

Yes.
It's not scary and the VA/script in dogshit.

Yeah because The town made him stupid

Attached: file.gif (378x285, 2M)

I still listen to this often

To hell and back, but it's still a 9/10 game.

learn2rid

What?

You're dogshit.

Little bit, the game barely has any story, the fanbase gives the writers too much credit by filling in the gaps and making their own headcanon.

The game? Sure. The ost? Not at all.

The soundtrack? God no.
The game? Slightly.

Peak overrated boomer trash. Shit gameplay, not scary, script tries to "be smart" by ripping off Twin Peaks' otherness with the voice work but fails miserably since the voice actors and manuscript is bad and the delivery comes off amateurish.

A lot of the story is told in the lore which is spread throughout the game.

Attached: l4sxbl1fpqa01.jpg (1024x768, 95K)

Like the part where James is sexually frustrated and got molested as a child and now the pyramid heads symbolize pussy and the game is anti-circumcision? Yeah, it's all there in the memos.

this

>delivery comes off amateurish.
Just like Twin Peaks then?

one is the only good silent hill

Twin Peaks it least achieves the "otherness" it goes for while it's so bad in SH2, you have to wonder if it wasn't regular shitty voice work.

It's not a very good horror game. It lacks Resident Evil's tension of managing limited resources while backtracking frequently.

it's also of the most egregious cases of ludonarrative dissonance I have ever seen. What the hell are arcade-style bullet sponge bosses doing in a psychological drama about an ordinary man coming to terms with his grief and guilt? Were the developers so lazy they couldn't think of any thematically appropriate obstacles for the protagonist to overcome?

Then there are the hours of cutscenes that undermine the atmosphere. You will never be surprised or caught offguard by anything, because as soon as something scary threatens to happen, the game takes control away from you and plays a lengthy cutscene that showcases the scary thing from every possible angle. This destroys any tension, immersion, as well as any sense of horror, since the character is safe from harm during the cutscenes.

The game is also guilty of the same thing as The Sixth Sense: a plot twist that makes no sense, because it relies on the main character being oblivious to things he should know. The plot twist in The Sixth Sense makes no sense because Bruce Willis' character should be aware of his ghost status everytime he enters a locked door by phasing through it or does something else ghostly. The movie contrivedly always avoids showing instances like these to fool the audience, but that doesn't explain why the main character is also shocked by the plot twist. Ditto for Silent Hill 2's James Sunderland. Yes, he's repressing painful memories, but he shouldn't behave like he has amnesia just to facilitate a plot twist.

Dialogue and voice acting are just bad. Its very much a product of its time, and while it sounds infinitely better than something like FFX it still has that amateurish vibe common to Japanese to English dubs/translations. The story is supposed to be mature and unnerving, but the awful dialogue and delivery makes it difficult to take seriously.

Attached: 1556735578101.jpg (480x486, 35K)

i don't think so the ost is awesome, the game i play it once a year

I can't play 2 because it's too spooky for me, I can't take it after a while. It's just too depressing and mentally exhausting in not a good way. Never even tried the others, the series is just not for me.

>nOpE
makes sense

that's a weird cat

Attached: 1543667457041.png (496x399, 421K)

I've seen this pasta before

>I can't play 2 because it's too spooky for me,
Grow some balls. SH2 is LITERALLY the least scary AND the easiest game in the whole series.

>It's just too depressing and mentally exhausting
You do realize you are playing a HORROR GAME, right??
I was literally 11 when the first game came out (which is WAY scarier & better than 2), and I pushed through it and all the sequels just fine on my own.
Yeah, I did indeed take some nerve-calming breaks every 30 or so minutes at worst, but still.

>hurr durr look at how manly man I am, I beat horror games while I was 11 huuuuuuurrrr I'm better than you

Holy shit, rekt.