Started in 2007

>started in 2007
>still going in 2019
How the FUCK does he do it?

Attached: zp.png (194x144, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20150212022936/http://www.p4rgaming.com/book-report-super-mario-bros-3-brick-by-brick-by-moviebob-aka-bob-chipman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The bigger question is how the fuck his new videos still get hundreds and thousands of views

not to mention making games, writing books, and opening a bar. guy's a madlad

Throughout a week he thinks up jokes to fill 4 minutes.

I assumed The Escapist pays him.

I can't think of a single other channel in the history of the internet which has successfully stuck to one gimmick for a decade and still manage to entertain

Theyre fun to do.

Theyre fun to watch.

AVGN

He's funny and actually knows what he's talking about.

Consistent weekly schedule with only one or two weeks off a year.
Videos are almost always under 6 minutes, so they're little bite sized things you can listen to on the way to work on watch on the toilet.

James did tons of other stuff: Monster Madness, Board James, James and Mike Mondays, You know what's bullshit, occasional movie reviews.

>knows what he's talking about

Attached: mfw.png (983x559, 647K)

its only 5 minutes long so people dont get bored of it

>How the FUCK does he do it?
He keeps telling himself he will only keep doing them for a tad longer. Yet for whatever reason he still keeps on doing them. So there must be something with that and lieing to himself about just how long he will do them. I would assume the idea of convincing himself that he does not need to keep doing them and can quit whenever ,now matter how true or not, he may want to helps him keep on making that shit.

They have to, what other reasons do people go to the Escapist.

no

Pretty sure the bar closed because no customers, tho.

Well, he and movieblob own the escapist now, so he pays hisself.

Escapist throws buckets of money at him since his content is keeping their entire channel/website afloat.

Attached: 2019-05-12_04-26-08.png (1321x501, 953K)

And they're all terrible. All you have to do is cater to autists and mental patients and they'll support you for life. They'll even watch your unfunny dogshit and finance your failed movie projects because they can't help themselves.
That's also how channel awesome and Sam Hyde operate.

Confirmed for rump roasted smash baby

Well, he's made a few shitty games, at least. He's like the RLM of video games.

God i wish yahtzee would just move his stuff to his own channel cos im tired of constantly seeing the blob in my sub feed

it's the money guaranteed

thats pretty much the same question that OP asked

any of his books worth reading?

By not being a fucking retard and actually knowing what the fuck he is doing.

He's hit the jackpot, good on him

Just watch from the site directly. They've been uploaded on the same day every week for years.

For some unknown reason, movie blob also has an audience, so there's that. Also they both bought the website.

Yeah, they're alright. Haven't read his latest one yet though.

I think Will Save The Galaxy For Food, his third book, is the best out of the three I've read. I'd probably put Jam over Mogworld if I had to rate the other two.

No, but Movieblob's book is a barrel of laughs.
web.archive.org/web/20150212022936/http://www.p4rgaming.com/book-report-super-mario-bros-3-brick-by-brick-by-moviebob-aka-bob-chipman/

>For some unknown reason, movie blob also has an audience, so there's that. Also they both bought the website.
Is that movie (gas the right) blob you're speaking of?

>Reasonably intelligent
>Clear opinions that he actually sticks to and gives reasons for
>Quite funny
>Short reviews that are easy to watch/binge without getting burnt out
>SImple visual style that keeps things interesting to watch
We all know that LDO was peak Yahtzee kino though

>movieblob
wait he's still alive? I just assumed he died from diabetes

A paycheck helps I guess.

He's posts pretty unintentionally funny stuff on twitter all the time

>not Ego Review

Board James is as good as the best of AVGN.

True but James has cooled it a lot with AVGN. He used to make 2-3 epsiodes a month for like 4 years, now we get maybe a new one every 3 months to keep it from getting too stale. Yhatzee has been doing this nearly weekly for 12 years

Well he is in his own sense. He knows what he likes

This DESU

>hasn't been funny since 2011
gee user, good question
how teh FCUK does he still have a job

>He's funny
Not. His jokes are follow generic formula. He can't go through 1 minute without making comparisons to some "irl" shit.

His best video was the fake Duke Nukem Forever review.

I'm watching the Mario 2 let's round out right now and conversations on Yahtzee make me depressed because he sure was the best shit in life and I just have to continue without it also I'm very drunk
for serious though Yahtzee and Gabe had the best chemistry of any two people doing a podcast like format ever.

He is the Escapist. Allowing other writers on the website that no one reads anyway is pretty much charity work.

Better give me an example of someone who is actually funny, you seem to be an expert.

Gabe is still doing stuff with another buddy of his on youtube and they are on patreon now so they are not going away.
Their early stuff has shit audio but their Earthbound playthrough has some great stuff in it.

return of the fat nintendo obsessed soi made me unsub from escapist's youtube
I catch up on ZP every few months now

Scott the Woz

Attached: Kindasadnoonehasmentionedletsdrownoutor_78529da82f8de1587e02e3a9754fa2c4.jpg (800x600, 68K)

Fuck off Scott

He's diligent and he's got a nice bite sized format that doesn't consume all his time so he can still do the other stuff that he's interested in, like streaming, writing books, making games, climbing, getting bullied by gabriel.

how has he gotten away with saying nigger in his videos and hasn't been ranked over the coals for it?

I came for the Yahtzee, but stayed for the Gabe.
I've stopped watching Yahtzee, but religiously watch KeepetClassy.

Aaron is a fucking cunt will fight you if you say otherwise He's so fucking retarded and all of his opinions are shitty and he doesn't fight them like Gabe and Yahtzee did.
Fuk keep et classy it's an abysmal substitute. And fuck Arron I hope whatever disease he has kills him.

He's 6'4 with an english accent.
If the average basic american feminist walked up to him to show him what's what she'd start stammering, blush and then nervously laugh and apologize.

>of any two people doing a podcast like format ever.
maddox & dick had pretty good chemistry I thought until the extreme falling out. Biggest Problem In The Universe was such a great podcast, but maddox ego just got to him I guess, I assumed most of his ego was an act.

This thread just brought me back to how I 100% ripped off Yahtzee's gimmick for a science video project in high school. I wish I still had it but it is lost to time.

For srs thou I've also been into Dick Masterson since episode 23of tbpitu , it's close but I have to give it to Yahtzee and Gabe for best chemistry especially since their relationship didn't end via one of them becoming the biggest cuck in the universe.

I like Scott but I don't go to his videos for the comedy

You're not funny Scott. Piss off.

GABE

>Demon's Souls is shit
>Dark Souls is good because it's popular now
Dropped then and there.

>Post about Scott the Woz in my off time once or twice a week maybe
>People assume it to be him shitposting

You cant be that stupid, right?
If I said I was the US president, would you believe me?

Attached: 1557608290203.jpg (800x1014, 71K)

t. scott

He thinks he's Douglas Adams but nowhere near as good.

Well, he (probably) reliably receives a fixed sum for his work.
He is the single entity keeping The Escapist on life support.
That's what enables him to do his skit every fucking week at a degree that is entertaining and fun to watch.
It's not like games had gotten better, so it's not like his skit would get old.

I’m sure that he’s trying his best to save money until we get affordable space trips available. Then he can finally do what he always wanted...

Attached: 2AEC9D6D-E3A0-48D9-B62B-E44FFC221404.png (400x300, 79K)

WHERE'S THE FUCKING WALL YOU FAT ORANGE CUNT?!!

I've only read Mogworld but it had plenty of laughs and was pretty cheap.

Ego Review is great and just shows you how talented and big dicked Ben "Yahtzee" Crowshaw truly is
>made indie game adventure game kino for free as a teenager

>I JUST WANTED TO GO INTO SPACE!
But we all already are in space.

>Let's drown out is over

Attached: 1454375804128.jpg (640x640, 98K)

Ashens

This. I dropped him when he said shit about Mario Galaxy.

FUCK
OFF
SCOTT

Board James and Monster Madness are his best series.

So proving him right about Mario fans. Good job.

bite-sized/lengthed, well-formulated opinion pieces with the right dosation of "clean" and crude humor
It's a bit of a marvel that this has come to exist, but it's understandable that it became so popular and has remained as such.

People like a routine.

Reminder that ZP started as an attempt to get a part on charlie brookers screenwipe

>i overreact on camera about some old games
never understood how that sperg got popular
it was never entertaining then
it still isn't now

>charlie brookers screenwipe
Who?

He's the Shakespeare of YouTube

he is gay

Keep out of politics and drama bullshit
He's pretty much the only reason why The Escapist still exists

How the fuck is he making videos still? I thought he died to cancer like a year ago

that’s totalbiscuit

>setting out to make 12 games in 12 months
What do you expect? I love that he admitted that Preflight Panic is basically just a plane-based Papers, Please knockoff.