Why is Dark Souls 2 widely considered worse than the first and third?

Why is Dark Souls 2 widely considered worse than the first and third?

Attached: image (1).jpg (200x300, 13K)

3 is garbage, 2 is also garbage, only DeS and DS1 are good.

It's just not as developed as those two. People can say all they want of 3 riding the coat-tails of 1 but 2 just feels rushed and unfinished in comparison. There are plenty of gems like that, hell that's the whole souls series, but 2 just feels lazy at parts. Graphically, mechanically, thematically; sure it tried to be novel in all of these things, but none of it was refined enough for the game to be superlative. It tried but failed. I hated the visuals, especially the hollow forms. The gameplay was way too floaty, there was some nice additions but plenty of missteps. The theme never came to a head imo, it tried to be different and it was, but not enough to leave a good impression.
P.S. fuck pvp

The series is garbage compared to Bloodborne.

Based Dark Souls 2 argument poster.

game direction was different, combat got a bit stiffer and the design in general didnt feel like dark souls

It looks like total dogshit, like okay okay
>muh graphics dont matter

But it fucking looks worse than 1, also the combat is weightless and slow as shit

Attached: 1544523438452.png (1132x632, 1.01M)

>3 is speedrunner wetdream
>2 is lonely fag only friend
>one is boring but OG

some eceleb made a video about it

Why do we have this thread literally every single day?
People like it for reasons the others don't share with it. Everyone would love the fuck out of 3 if it wasn't linear and didn't ditch the QOL improvements from 2. That's it, just move on and play what you like the most ffs.

Not too sure. I enjoyed it. What else matters?

A series known for good level design and good bosses probably shouldn't have shitty bosses and shitty level design.
This is why people think it's trash: if focuses on different things.

Because DeS had such amazing bosses

Why do you keep making these threads you fucking autist?

They were much better then the dogshit-tier bosses in DaS2 and they it least had a touch of atmosphere. The bosses in the series are are much better in BB, DaS3, and Sekiro, but DaS2's are offensively bad.

Dude relax it’s just vidya discussion

>good bosses
>Capra Demon
>Pinwheel
>all 3 variants of the Asylum Demon
>Centipede Demon
>Bed of Chaos
>Nito
>Iron Golem
>Seath
>Four Kings

Shits on DaS2 frankly.

Why is the only good area in the game heides tower? It's like they put all their effort into doing that first then half assed it with everything else.

It did.

>tieing your dodge frames to a skill
LOL

2 has worse singleplayer, but much better pvp. pvp sucks in 3 because there is no need for stamina management and you can roll like 15 times before running out (unless things have changed since i stopped playing)

Shit gameplay
Shit bosses
Shit areas

Attached: F9D4443F-C4A4-4D4C-89C3-1C739E575E2E.jpg (681x1024, 159K)

If DS2 pvp is so great, then why is not a single fucking person playing it while DS3 is as crowded as ever?

Flamelurker
Penetrator
Allant

these are the only good bosses in the game.

Old Monk is good too.
That's 3 more bosses than DaS2 has.

Unfinished.
Soul memory.
Graphics.
Fundemental issues with character control, enemy responsiveness, animations, etc.
Level design. Enemy design (Most are chinese MMO tier), world design.
Remastered, but not actually fixed.
Soul memory.
Soul memory.

Attached: 1421954253609.jpg (286x229, 7K)

These 24/7 falseflag threads are really fucking gay

Attached: 50% worth.png (682x437, 362K)

>older game
>split across 5 systems
>not as normie-friendly i.e doesn't favor the host
Gee idk

Five systems but there are actually six seperate player pools what with the PC having two releases. They should have patched the original release and allowed its players to interact with Scholar's players, I really can't see a good reason for not doing this other than >now you can buy it again.

Attached: 1408707979912.gif (320x213, 1.93M)

Because it's made of what Tanimura could salvage after the first director fucked up and left FromSoft

Most people just trash DS2 here because of the hivemind mentality and because MatthewMatosis dedicated a video on it

Attached: 1555593567008.jpg (700x933, 165K)

This. Also it has so many problems. Bosses being bad, mechanics being bad, level design, etc. Game feels clunkier than 1 despite 1 having four directional rolls. It's just inferior in every aspect.
There is not a single boss in ds2 for me that is challenging in a way that i feel good after beating him. Not even Raime or w.e the fuck his name is. Or the ivory king. They just focused on the difficulty and made it hard for the sake of it in stupid ways. They also decide to change things that worked and add new shitty mechanics. The only thing that i like about ds2 is powerstancing and that's it. It's not even this big of a thing.

Do you have the version of that image that doesn't make my eyes bleed?

Because of kids who care about graphics

A better question is why seemingly no one is perceptive enough to point out that DaS and BB have uglier environmental designs than DeS and DaS 3 respectively (skim the first 30 minutes of each game's speedrun if you don't believe me, the former look more grimey, the latter more shiny), odd since you'd assume DeS' visual superiority was down to Japan Studio's involvement. People put DaS and BB top because of the more open world design and fleshed out combat, but environment design should trump these. The additional advantage DaS and BB have is that they were released on much more accessible and popular platforms, so people should be sceptical about that influence on the rankings.

It's too early to call but Sekiro feels like DaS 2 to me, nice graphics for its release date but lacking the unique and stylish atmosphere of DeS even more than DaS did.

two main reasons no one cares:
>they didn't play the games in order so are biased towards the QoL improvements and generally to whatever they played first
>whether they played in order or not, they cant get enough of the Souls formula so they don't mind the fact that even Sekiro itself is essentially just a 6th rehashing of this basic game, despite being the most distinct Souls game yet.

>DS1
>Good
When will this shit end. It was never true, never will be true.

What is your favorite area DS2 bros? For me, it's gotta be the Lost Bastille.

The Gutter, although I spent most of my time invading in Drangleic castle just to try and get summoned to the boss fight.

>Dark Souls
>Hey why is the environment dingy and dirty, couldn't they just make the abandoned, monster and undead-ridden land of Lordran clean and shiny?

Attached: 1557374927099.png (2949x1765, 1.89M)

Doors of Pharros since it was like the only area along Majula that actually seemed mostly finished (boss aside).

Aldia's Keep

Attached: DarkSoulsII 2015-04-02 17-03-20-696.png (1680x944, 2.08M)

Wrong.

>he hates a game so much yet has tons of content of it saved on his computer and literally cannot go a day without talking about it.
rent free you niggers. rent fucking free.

Attached: DS2CHAD.png (633x758, 271K)

Gonna make a quick list

>more janky hitboxes
>lore barely if not at all connected to DS1 and poorly presented/less interesting
>Poor level design, bad transitions between levels
>Too many times were they'd place a lot of enemies that could hitstun you before you could do anything with certain playstyles

There were too many times were I felt that the game was tedious, can't remember the area name but the place with the dragon knights and the big bois, going up the stairwell is just a nightmare to clear if you specced into a str based claymore wealder.

Didn't help that they clearly didn't do nearly as much of an interesting job with the breadcrumbs style lore delivery of the first game. It's like they didn't really give a shit in regards to the people who cared about that.

Attached: 2014-11-19_00001.0.jpg (1200x675, 43K)

No man's wharf. Good use of a shortcut, enemies using oil in combination with fire arrows and lots to explore.

shitters who cant get gud

Not dark enough

this. bosses are underwhelming in ds1, save for the dlc.

dark souls: great honeymoon, great afterwards
dark souls 2: okay honeymoon, pretty shit afterwards
dark souls 3: mediocre from the get go, stays bland

a bunch of halfbaked areas, nonsensical worldbuilding and recycled/typical designs
I like the improved movement system/animations and it still feels like a dungeon crawler
having got around to playing 3 just recently I really dislike it, it leans way more toward being a straight up action game with really sloppy execution, makes me care less about wanting to play bloodborne at some point

It's just the Yea Forums echo chamber
Form your own opinion
I enjoy Dark Soul 2 and 3 equally

>lore barely if not at all connected to DS1
That's good lol

this. das2 was proper continuation to des and das by being set in separate kingdom. das3 is the odd one out here with its "remember dark souls???" plot

NPC that just runs in a straight line that you stab to death without taking a single hit is good?

I played DeS, DaS, BB, DaS2, and am working on DaS3. After I played DeS and went into DaS, there wasn't really any links. DeS seemed to kind of wrap itself up, and DaS seemed like it was in its own world. There was no land surrounded by fog, DeS didn't have any kind of bonfire or curse motif, they were separate games.
DaS2, aside from calling itself a sequel, kept plenty from DaS. There were still the bonfires, the firekeepers. The curse of the Hollow was getting worse. It's very clear that Drangleic is in the same world as Lordran, whereas the Nexus and Boletaria and such are never mentioned in DaS. DeS and DaS were different. If it wasn't for 3 putting in things to put them together, there's no real justification for saying they're in the same world. DaS and DaS2 are in the same world 100%. But then it goes off to add basically nothing to the lore or story. It's not a continuation, it's an in-universe footnote.
DaS sets up the world, telling you about the Age of the Ancients and how once Fire was discovered it moved to the Age of Fire, the Age of the Gods. It tells you about Gwyn linking the fire and sets up the story. You find out how the story you were told is a lie and you can either light the fire to prolong the Age of Fire a while, or let it run out and start the Age of Dark, of Man.
DaS2's story is just "Hey, someone let the fire go out and they aren't letting people relight it." You learn almost nothing about the world. They mention the giants and their unspecified power, but never go any farther into it. It tried to be a sequel, clearly, but then added nothing to the story. That's just not great storytelling.

>half of them are easy gimmick fights
>most of the others are so boring, that you forget them a hour later.

You are just nostalgic

forest of the fallen giants

Because of the movements and animations, everything about them just feels incredibly off compared to every other game made by From Software since Demon's Souls.

I'm 99% sure that's the main reason everyone hates it.

DS2 has a lot of small issues that build up and take over all the improvements. Particularly as most people's experience of it is SotFS which was designed as a "challenge" run for players who completed the original.
It's a crying shame it gained such a bad rep because it has some bloody good design in various areas. Powerstancing and the ability to weild weapons in either hand effectively alone is incredible. There's far more options to play with in terms of build variety, although that stops with the DLC since enemies there have ridiculous defenses.
I do love the game, but I always end up burnt out halfway through, too many areas boil down to "fight 5 of the same guy, 4 times", but it's always worth it to get to powerstance Smelter Hammers

In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again

Attached: ds3 is shit 1.webm (1920x1080, 2.89M)

It's my main reason for sure.
In sames like soulsbornekiro, control feedback and animation mean a lot and when those things are not right it just brings everything down.
When I played 2 on release I felt an immediate dread when I got control of the character and tried walking/rolling around a little. It was like "Oh Jesus, something has gone horribly wrong". I would have refunded it on the spot if Steam had refunding at the time.

Attached: 1458646907913.jpg (1986x1350, 2.28M)

Its only redeeming quality was PVP and it took a year of patches to get there.

The different direction can be felt throughout.
Scholar of the First Sin helped make it better, but the game is still "weird" compared to the other two.

I personally enjoy it, but it does have plenty of flaws. I think I like its world more than the other ones, mostly because it's unique.

Ironically most of this is shit DaS2 did better than DaS1.

>>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina
This alone just makes it the best for PvP.

Because it is