Post a game that starts strong and ends weak, or starts weak but ends strong

Post a game that starts strong and ends weak, or starts weak but ends strong.

Don't say which one it is.

Attached: 6sy1kr4yw5l11.jpg (960x600, 258K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9Ah6yrGOz-Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why?

>Post a game that starts strong and ends weak
Almost all of them

Dark Souls 1 starts good but ends up really fucking shit.
Bloodborne starts shit but ends up fucking fantastic.

Too bad fucko.
DMC5.
starts strong, ends weak and underwhelming, almost like there was supposed to be something more than what we got.
And I say that as a big DMC fag.

Attached: Tactics Ogre - Let Us Cling Together.jpg (640x1109, 260K)

I disagree, I thought it was great the whole way through

lost planet 1

vtmb

Every Total War game starts strong and ends weak, CA has always struggled to prevent the game from snowballing.

That last boss battle though.

Attached: 0183720.jpg (500x713, 84K)

Most turn-based RPGs. They're fun whilst you get to grips with the mechanics but very few actually maintain the challenge in the endgame. The story often peters out too.

The ship level was kino you plebian.

FFVI

Starts awful ends terrible, manages to be half decent in the middle.

Tell me it starts weak because I got bored 5 hours in.

Attached: 220px-Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg (220x309, 31K)

safe because nobody's played it

Attached: moh.jpg (355x355, 22K)

I assume you are implying that it starts weak, since that is a common criticism of it.
I don't mind the hobo stage in Stalker. I think it has its charm.

I just remember it being shitty throughout
Multiplayer was fun though

I find the first areas to be the best, I've played the game many times with different mods but I've actually completed it only like twice

i had this experience in sekiro. i liked the very beginning but then when i needed to use the dumb rythm combat it quickly turned to shit imo. beginning set piece when you took your first glance at that night scape was nice but the R1 + parry spam took all the enjoyment out very quickly. shame cause i really wanted to like it.

It was fun, but to be fair it also was a dumbed down version of BF Bad Company 2 MP, with some interestings choices here and there

BotW

warcraft 3

my sex life

user that game is supposed to be strong at some point, not weak throughout

Attached: shadow of mordor.jpg (323x433, 32K)

I still haven't finished the game because of it, only tried it like 3 times too, but meh

Attached: 7skYb8e.jpg (1920x1080, 259K)

I got a Platinum trophy on it. Literally Battlefield 4 without vehicles of destruction. It had really satisfying gunplay, with the exception of the sniper rifles, since they were basically laser beams that you could use to wreck people with no effort.

Story was fairly shit too.

Easy.

Attached: 51JB31F3TPL._SX342_.jpg (342x424, 32K)

Attached: valkyriaheader.jpg (460x215, 151K)

Attached: serious-sam-3-bfe-600x300.jpg (600x300, 39K)

Attached: file.jpg (800x963, 256K)

>when the honeymoon period wears off and the crushing despair sets in

Attached: metal_gear_5_original-620x[1].jpg (620x766, 86K)

DOOM

DOOM 2016

Funny how they were opposites in this regard.

Lemme guess
Classic: strong -> weak
nuDoom: weak -> strong

Obviously. I was disappointed in doom 2016 until around when they introduced all of the enemy roster.

Deus Ex 1 is the king of weak first starts. I can't tell you how many times i stopped playing that game as soon as I got to hell's kitchen. But as soon as you get 3-4 hours it clicks and it becomes the best game you've ever played.

Attached: files_174429928_06263+USA+2015+_MG_6905n.jpg (400x600, 84K)

Attached: darksouls3.jpg (472x419, 75K)

Attached: 51SYSK8HKJL._SY445_.jpg (312x445, 27K)

I played the online for a fair bit with a friend, it was somewhat decent. Never got to really playing the story much though.

oh is that the crappy bonus material from the medal of honor frontline hd re-release.

Most open world games

Deus Ex's start is strong once you're familiar with the game. It's only a weak start when you have no clue what's going on or how to play because it dumps you straight into the game, which is fantastic on a replay.

oh shit I had this but could never get past the part where Frodo has to avoid the ringwraith. Granted I was a kid when I last played it.
Is it worth playing now?

Chozodia is easily the weakest part of the game.

Attached: you got your metroid in my super metroid.jpg (640x642, 209K)

>Bloodborne starts shit but ends up fucking fantastic.
Uh, you better be talking about the DLC.

only for that bit, and maybe for the nice music/looks/atmosphere, the entire game after that goes from simple fetch quests to linear fighting with a few puzzles thrown in, and the whole thing lasts about two hours, and ends up feeling like a nothing game and wasted potential.

you basically played the best part of the game.

The Evil Within 2 starts fucking GREAT and the rest 3/4 feels terribly rushed.

starts weak, ends amazing. really like this game.

starts weak, middle stronk, cliffdive end

Eh. Liberty island is a pretty weak all round first level to me, even having beaten the game multiple times.

the first mission is great, but ofcourse there's only one real way to do it...storm the entrance with a gep gun.

>starts weak but ends strong.
literally every rpg

Ok, I won't bother then, cheers.

except oblivion.

I feel like this is applicable to most of the games in this genre

Attached: 275305-xcom-enemy-within-playstation-3-front-cover.jpg (800x800, 92K)

it does have a certain charm, don't get me wrong.

Jesus Christ those snipers were absolute hell. A couple of kills from your cruise missile then 10 snipers appear out of nowhere

Feel like it's a perfect starting lvl desu, it eases you into the gameplay mechanics/skills/open-ended gameplay quite well.
Beyond that it's obviously fucking retarded story wise that the NSF could overrun UNATCOs HQ like that.

Definitely balanced so that if you don't fuck up you get easy mode. The unfortunate thing was how much of a difficulty spike there was in the last part of the last mission. If they'd kept it up it wouldn't be so bad, but that was just jarring.

Attached: warofthechosen.jpg (1920x1080, 220K)

Fuck that first mission where you have to sneak through a mansion and rely on the AI to not get killed or else you fail. Everything after that is glorious though. But fuck having to rely on AI.

Attached: f5d5cf92043c2cf16a4f2ff44bf68d24868abdc0.jpg (616x353, 27K)

Strategy games in general are pretty bad about it, yeah.
>play strategy game
Variant 1:
>3/4 of the game is boring because it's still introducing mechanics and concepts to you
>the final few missions kick ass because you're finally playing the game
Variant 2:
>the early game is simple in mechanics but tactically rich
>as the game progresses it adds more shit that gets in the way of the sweet tactics
>eventually it becomes unfun and overcomplicated

nah don't take it literally brah. think about it, the severed head of the statue of "liberty," the makeshift command centre installed by the terrorists, the world "police organisation" installed right next to it, the way power seems to change hands and the heroes become the terrorists and your efforts to sneak in are immediately cancelled out by unatco coming in and killing all the terrorists, it's all deeply meta.

the "story" is all in the game haha.

i guess that's the whole idea though.

Attached: 14228-star-wars-jedi-knight-ii-jedi-outcast-collector-s-edition-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1094, 80K)

Thief 2 starts out strong but is shit by the end. Not sure what problem you're referring to. Never had a problem with Basso dying.

Yeah, everything after Radar is just point and shoot

>Divinity OS 1:
Has an amazing first map that is easily 10/10 best thing I ever played from design, story, combat and PACING. Falls of weak in the second map and the third is really a gamekiller if it weren't for the love I developed for it in the earlier maps.

>Divinity OS 2:
Starts absolutely weak as fuck, Fort Joy is easily the worst starter Area I've ever seen. Pacing is garbage, story is garbage, combat is thrown in your face and is garbage. Slowly gets better in the first part of the second map and completely saves itself with the third. Still nothing like the first game and a downgrade in any way.

Very...fucking...strong...beginning

Attached: VTMB_800x600[1].jpg (800x600, 82K)

I got the secret ending where you stop playing, so I have no idea how it ends, but the start is definitely generic as fuck.

mafia 3 imo started off really well with the betrayal. youtube.com/watch?v=9Ah6yrGOz-Q

putting the terrorists side by side with the "police" next to the beheaded statue of liberty was a brilliant opening, and the way the organisation crumbles and sides change and it unfolds is brilliant, the way also that the terrorists are immediately replaced by the unatco police in the grounded 747 hangar as if they just all shapeshifted. it's pretty obvious when you start to see it.

Good evening.

It's not a weak end exactly, just repetitive. Everything until then is best game ever

I feel like the second scenario is just the natural result of a game needing to implement features as it moves along to keep feeling fresh. LW1 tries to drag out the campaign by upping the difficulty but really this just means you now need to bore yourself with specific set ups to get anything done against really gimmicky enemies. I thought LW1 had fixed EW when I used a Jaeger to mop up a 2 pods in a single turn because it was super fun but then I realized this is just supposed to be the standard.

Attached: 1555414644222.webm (830x463, 1.77M)

I thought this game had a really fun campaign level in the middle. I don't remember the name of it, but you play through a mission, then end up in a house in a valley with wounded teammates. At that part of the mission all hell is breaking loose. Enemies coming from literally every direction, and all kinds of them too. RPGs, shooters, tanks, you name it. It's a fucking crazy fun mission; in my opinion at least.

I just remember it being really immersive and fun and atleast a little challenging because you're just being ordered from all sides and trying to keep up the pace.

This thread makes me wonder: which games have the weakest middle? I propose RDR2

I got bored of RDR halfway through so maybe that one too.

Titanfall 2 springs to mind. It gets a bit slow in the middle but then gets absolutely mental again near the end.

>got bored of mexican revolution/train robbing/banditos

wtf

fuck, you're right...

Dragon age inquisition. It was definitely no mass effect 2