Ayo, heck Morrowind. Heck Elder Scrolls. Combat matters in rpgs like these and Morrowind has the worst I've experienced...

Ayo, heck Morrowind. Heck Elder Scrolls. Combat matters in rpgs like these and Morrowind has the worst I've experienced. Stealth sucks too. And writing is shid: repeated, unvoiced lines - whole new type of lazy. Atmosphere doesn't disqualify these points. Bad series, worst entry. Morrowind a fug.

Attached: 1555150241056.jpg (364x652, 129K)

Shit taste. You don't deserve to post Yotsuba.

>Playing an RPG and expecting it to be an action game

Attached: 13b (1).gif (931x682, 426K)

I hate Elder Scrolls combat too. Can't enjoy any of them. Building a character has no meaning to me when using what I've built isn't interesting, exciting, or skillful in any way.

>thinking atmosphere excuses shitty writing - it's not fully voiced yet there's a meager amount of unique npcs - and terribad gameplay.

>shitty writing
It has some of the best world building in video game history
>it's not fully voiced yet there's a meager amount of unique npcs
That "meager amount" is still more than every character in Gothic. They didn't fully voice everyone because they simply lacked the budget.
>and terribad gameplay.
You just got filtered by the *miss* shit. The combat is as average as every other WRPG at the time.

>*miss*
Fuck the argument that people only dislike Morrowind combat because of the misses. Spamming the same power attack is braindead boring even when you're properly built and reliably killing enemies. Other games also having garbage combat isn't an excuse to have garbage combat.

>Other games also having garbage combat isn't an excuse to have garbage combat.
It actually is, since the combat isn't the draw to the genre. And the combat is not as bad as you are exaggerating.
People play RPGs to be drawn into a world. If you want good combat play DMC.

Elder Scrolls Online is the most playable, least janky TES

actually a good series, and best entry

>muh worldbuilding
What's with fantasyfags putting this as the epitome of writing? The sidequests are vapid shit, which exacerbates the terrible gameplay since the motivations are hollow. The world is unique sure but it is all bogged down by the Bethesda staple of being boring, samey bullshit with horrible voice-acting and lazy fanfic tier writing. It's weird but once that wears off it's just a shitty game. Whereby rather than mods, the game is such a pos that you need to break the game to have fun in it's broken systems. The game is monotous bs otherwise.

>Combat matters in rpgs like these and Morrowind has the worst I've experienced.
why tho
it don't matter

Ok but is there any better game that offers a similar experience?

>What's with fantasyfags putting this as the epitome of writing?
Because it is for video games
>The world is unique sure but it is all bogged down by the Bethesda staple of being boring, samey bullshit with horrible voice-acting
Horrible voice acting? The voice acting in Morrowind is quite good. The dunmer dude is amazing.
>and lazy fanfic tier writing.
It doesn't, we have already been over this
>Whereby rather than mods, the game is such a pos that you need to break the game to have fun in it's broken systems.
The magic system was literally designed to be broken. They allow you to make any fucking spell that you want and it is fantastic.
You might just not like RPGs m8. Since you obviously have shit taste in them

Of course it isn't literally perfect but it's still a superb video game with a lot going for it, certainly more than just atmosphere like you claim. I replay it often and always find new things to catch my interest both in content and in mechanics. The main appeal for me is the freedom and large variety of things to be and do.

I want to roleplay man, and I just can't with Morrowind. The writing isn't good enough, the interactions too banal. It's basically an mmo in terms of writing. Fetch this, fetch that; but since you're in a uniquely crafted world, game design can be ignored. I can kill and npc, woohoo, your action had a consequence. Ok. Blah blah. It just feels so blaise and vapid. Usually games with these faults have the upside of better combat, or the social aspect of an mmo. But in this it's just shit combat wrapped up in shit dialogue.

I'd say other rpgs focused on the rpg aspect rather than just the world and some busted mechanics. Like Fallout 2, Deus Ex, Vtm:B, so and so forth. They may not have the scope of Morrowind but their focus on gameplay or writing make it much more enjoyable to me. Vtm:B is a mess but I can see a gem beneath the rubble, not so much with Morrowind.

>I want to roleplay man, and I just can't with Morrowind.
Then Roleplay. If the only thing that lets you "roleplay" in video games is fucking dialogue option like you are implying then you are a fucking retard.
>The writing isn't good enough, the interactions too banal. It's basically an mmo in terms of writing.
This is the third fucking time you have said this and, even though I tell you that you are wrong, you refuse to actually say what exactly is bad about the writing.
>Fetch this, fetch that; but since you're in a uniquely crafted world, game design can be ignored. I can kill and npc, woohoo, your action had a consequence. Ok. Blah blah. It just feels so blaise and vapid.
Most of the guild quests, especially the Houses, are not like that. The main quest is not like that. The only quests like that are usually just miniquest and they always have a very well written explanation besides "I need 20 Nix hound skins".
>But in this it's just shit combat wrapped up in shit dialogue.
I swear to fucking god.
And if this is you Then your opinion of "good dialogue" literally is just dialogue options and that is pathetic.

You likewise fail to say what's good about it. So we're both failing. Oh well, I can't get it. It never feels intriguing to me. It just sounds as brown as the world.

And yes, that was me. To think I only mean dialogue choices is missing the point. It's that the interactions are actually engaging with characters with personality rather than just text. And no, I don't hate text-based stuff, but if the writing is boring then I do hate. It's descriptive....Woohoo, who cares. Telling me I'm wrong accomplishes nothing. No u.

>You likewise fail to say what's good about it
It creates a living, breathing world. Unlike anything else I have ever seen in an RPG. They give a rich history, culture, and religion to a small island with some intriguing politics to boot.
Everything involving Voryn, The tribunal, and Indoril feel like you are reading a work by Tolkien. It feels real.
>And no, I don't hate text-based stuff, but if the writing is boring then I do hate.
But the writing is not boring. And the fact that you consider VTMB to have better writing is frankly hilarious.
>It's descriptive....Woohoo, who cares. Telling me I'm wrong accomplishes nothing. No u.
I...what?

this is the Bioware-audience right here.

Fucking casuals.

Attached: BiowareFansConfrontedWithAnOldschoolRPG.jpg (1135x547, 147K)

Are they talking about Baldur's Gate?

>Combat matters in rpgs like these
What rpgs are you playing?

>it's 2015

Attached: Justin_Trudeau_in_Lima%2C_Peru_-_2018_%2841507133581%29_%28cropped%29.jpg (497x744, 317K)

Okay. I'll play the game. God, I haven't played one in several years.

repost this next time someone tries blaming the companies and not the casuals for shit vidya

Are you telling me you haven't played it?

That's correct. Same for all the other games I mentioned. Rpgs are...no wait, games in general are boring. Fantasy games especially. Tolkien shitters need to shid pants and die already. Stop making derivative shit fashioned from a saga which blatantly takes from myths and epics. Read the Greeks! Plebs.

Attached: 1557593191646.gif (246x250, 570K)

Attached: Yamasaki.jpg (240x250, 6K)

Attached: 1510846497905.jpg (960x720, 132K)

>twitter baby talk: the post

Hey man, get into grammar ere you point my errs.

fag

She looks like she fucks black guys

Only 4 u papa

imo it would have been fine if moving around and interacting with things/NPCs was quicker, if the game wasn't a true 3d sandbox (maybe it could be like the first fallout games) and if combat was simply turn based. for the time it was quite impressive though and people loved it