League is better.

Mars is a pretty fun hero

Attached: fuckingcat.jpg (500x506, 89K)

Have I gotten jizz on meh chins

1 is comfier

Gentlemen: How do we fix Lone Druid?

>ywn fuck Pudge
Why even live?

Attached: d7zdhvl-d9fe8dcc-b995-447c-a68c-bb8f5ff1aea7.jpg (500x750, 90K)

from a stone

Attached: download (21).jpg (217x232, 8K)

I suck at this game I lost 9 games in a row

Attached: 1554756694079.pngI.png (446x473, 240K)

LET THIS NIGHTMARE NEVER END GAAHAHAAAAHAaahahaHA

CULLED

Attached: 1515533787088.png (434x457, 226K)

>finally have job and tons of disposable cash
>BP comes out
>realize I literally don't have time to enjoy the contents of the BP
feels bad

Attached: 1512823476290.gif (350x311, 2.88M)

Always liked hon and hots more than doto, even tho it had some good heroes and mechanics the game just felt so slow and clunky i could never play it for long.

Is there a game with a better competitive scene than dota? The games are actually fun to watch and the people are genuinely invested

I rate CS equally, desu. Those two are the most enjoyable games to watch.

Is that Jim Sterling

>haven't played dota in years
feels good being free

Attached: 1553677400042.png (409x409, 262K)

The fact is that in dota the clunkyness is another balance aspect in the form of turn rates and stuff like that. There are heroes with so much mobility that compared to many from other mobas they feel like turtel racing

why are you lying user

I can't respect CSGO when cheaters run loose.

Attached: just flusha 2.webm (600x338, 166K)

Starcraft, Guilty Gear.

I'm the same but I'll still buy it. It's fun to vote on stuff, bet on games, get cool skins and support the game. I've put more than 3k hours into the game I can afford 10 dollars a year

Attached: 1418213093428.jpg (713x932, 112K)

>Jungle
How far are you the jungle Yea Forums?

Attached: 1543946629447.png (675x612, 274K)

Tried starcraft, felt like a game of chess, if you dont know the intricancies the only good things are the battles which are awesome but few

I guess valve realized that the secret to a good esport is thw community. They do like 10% of the organization and leave the rest to """us"""

Based. He's a chad that likes to be in the face of everyone

I reinstalled a while ago and it didn't take long to remember the feeling of wasting my time after a teammate decides to do something stupid wasting my time so completely.

I tried and won my very first Mars game, very cool and interesting hero. His blink combo seems kinda difficult to pull off without practice but it's super strong when done right. His Spear is also very fun to use in the side lanes to skewer people to trees.

Attached: 1456612159086.gif (600x600, 32K)

PLAY
ABILITY
DRAFT

NOOOOOOW!

If you want to have fun and don't bitch about some luck not going your way than ability draft is the best.

I used to. There's so much QoL stuff they could add do not make it garbage at times. Also people need to stop picking 4 passives. Are mars skills available? I wanna see mars passive + bristle passive

BLACK KING BAR

>stopped playing dota for half a year
Im finally free but

>play hearthstone everyday for half a year
It is just a new cycle. The ride never ends

Mars is available. So is Rubick, shadow fiend and meepo. I hate the way they added shadow fiend though.

I saw a Centaur War runner with Chemical Rage and Teather.

I can't believe I wasted a year of my life on this garbage.
It wasn't even fun most of the time.

Thats the stuff of nightmares

This is the best feel. I often get mad, I still tryhard in other games, but I have 300% less stress with them than with DotA and I'm able to play far more since the matches don't last half to a full hour.

>6 min in queue
FUCKING GET IN HERE NOW

The game gets unironically good 10 years in.

I AM A BEACON OF KNOWLEDGE BLAZING OUT ACROSS A BLACK SEA OF IGNORANCE

I like dota, not because it's fun but because it serves as containment for all the 3rd worlders on steam.

BLINK DAGGER

youtube.com/watch?v=meH9uKpQfzM

Dota is basically a polished version of HoN now.
It plays very fast, very aggressively and is all about those early power spikes.

HoN used to be all about intimidation and shitstomping people during the first 15 minutes, it was great.

Same, but now I don't even play hearthstone anymore or any competitive games for that matter.

All I do is play EU4.

This. Literally only played by drunk slavs who never finished primary school.

Same I switch between binging dota, league, hots, rimworld, ck2, yugioh duel links then i loop back round to th3 first again

>install dota after not playing for years
>solo queue and pick lion
>after 15 minutes I’m 4 levels behind everyone
>spending all money on wards
>”uh yeah lion you need to farm, also you need to deward and buy some smokes for some smoke ganks
>immediately leave game and uninstall
Fuck that game

Haven't played in two years but got a few lads back with me and got the pass.
You can't leave Dota

just play turbo dude

user, you can't play your 5 in poverty mode anymore. Everyone should try to get farm.

Based. Stopped after Winter Wyvern myself and never looked back, feels fucking amazing.

Yeah dota is basically hyper dota now

everyone comes online super fast, it rains gold, carries barely have to try to get fed and they comeback fast

I did
I traded it for csgo, which has even worse gameplay and a shittier "community", if you can believe it

Attached: despair.png (238x228, 106K)

i keep trying to satisfy my ranked ladder autism in other games but dota 2 still probably does it best even with all its faults. no other game really commits to making high level play as interesting as dota 2 does. in fighting games it's like
>lol just memorize this frame data, these combos that are frame perfect, these match-ups, then you can begin to play the game
and good, interesting shooters don't exist because they're all either dumb boomer games like CS:GO or quake or just trash like overwatch. it feels like every other competitive game other than dota 2 is designed for some niche audience that really loves autistic chore shit and binary skill check bullshit that keeps you from actually playing the game while learning it. dota 2 is based a lot more around simply playing the game, since that is the best way you can grow your game sense and make sense of the countless variables involved.

>Battle pass is out
>Already down 200+ mmr
I'm so fucking sorry guys, but papa need his sets and levels.

Attached: 1398972104255.png (300x300, 166K)

i bet you hackusate when you get headshot

Any of you fags watching MDL?

The thing about "just playing dota" is that it's an extremely layered game, there's many layers of tactical play that you need to uncover one by one and if you can't you will just plateau.
And some of the things you might figure out as you are playing the game contradict the things you saw previously.

>dumb boomer games like CS:GO
GO caters to casual normalshits more than ever now, it only vaguely gestures toward high level play (toying with AUG price) while adding hundreds of crates and pulling shit like the negev ($1700 laser pointer) and tec9 (perfect running accuracy, 1 shot HS at mid range).
I'd say valve actively works against serious play with how they do silly shit like removing unique weapon sounds, forcing everyone to beta test their HYPER REALISTIC sound engine, and making tracers not actually reflect bullet placement (can't stop norecoil cheats? better punish the entire playerbase lol).

Any shotabros ready for shota invoker?

Attached: 1555758116578.jpg (450x659, 160K)

You'd better be watching MDL right now

Attached: 1421656059602.jpg (215x317, 78K)

>it feels like every other competitive game other than dota 2 is designed for some niche audience that really loves autistic chore shit and binary skill check bullshit that keeps you from actually playing the game while learning it
The mechanics in dota are simple, the most difficult thing to do consistently I can think of is manta dodging.
Sure, you can dumpster people based on superior mechanics alone, but it is far from the only thing that matters.

This very low emphasis on mechanics means that most of your attention goes towards other things, such as spacing out the map and recognizing where, when and how to pressure.

I can't wait to get bullied for playing QW Shotavoker.

what are you talking about ability draft is more luck based than anything else in the game
Also people take the best combos and you're left with shit 90% of the time
Then you get to enjoy 40 minutes of your shit creation

Fuck me i need four more rubick games for my Arcana why did pudge get the worst grind fest for his

yeah, it's just an interesting game to spend time on and improve at. you might think you're good when you finally hit 3k and start to stomp 2k players, but then you get smashed by 4k players and you don't even really understand why. eventually it starts to dawn on you, and you become a 4k player and you can now beat 3k players with ease. and it keeps happening all the way up to 7k or whatever, at which point you start to truly understand the game. if you ask a competitive player what is important in dota, you will probably hear different answers, which is a testament to how well the game is designed in terms of allowing for different ways of play and how everything is more a question about what you decide to do, rather than if you can do something at all.

compare this with something like fighting games, there's no mystery to why you are losing to a high skill player. he simply performs the same things you do, only better. these games are full of skill checks that are intentionally made difficult to learn, like combo link timing inputs and such. i'm guessing that's why dota 2 has so much normie appeal and fighting games have none, you can pick up dota 2 even if you're "bad" at video games because you can probably find a way to play it and improve massively at it because the game rewards practice and experimentation over anything else.

>not playing turbo to complete the jungle

>because the game rewards practice
rewards practice in the form of actually playing the game, not grinding out hit confirms and combos in practice mode i mean.

But you have to win 2 games.

>Went from an unstoppable train of fuck your towers to auraslut
look how they massacred my boy

Attached: maxresdefault-1030x579.jpg (1030x579, 73K)

>Implying the cool Arcanas masquerading as immortals are even out yet

It's not like you weren't auraslutting it up on him earlier.

>that feeling when you get completely destroyed and you don't even understand what's happening, even though you just earlier demonstrated that you're leagues above them mechanically
Those games are the best and worst. When you are truly dumbfounded as to why you lost.
If I get meepoed, brooded or huskared then sure. I guess I got cheesed. I'll take the loss, nothing I can do.

But when you just get smashed for no discernible reason, then you might watch that replay 2 to 3 times and you try to pinpoint just where things went wrong. That's what's truly exciting.

>dota 2 has so much normie appeal
You mean the genre of dotalikes, in general.

It's why it's so hard to get good at dota, though. Because you have to grind games and you have to be disciplined and stay completely calm. And even if you're pretty good, progress is just glacial.
If you win 60% of your games, you're pretty good, but in 100 games you only gain 500 MMR. It's very frustrating like that.
You basically gotta play a ton of games, without losing your shit.

>hots

The only 10/10 hero in hots is Abathur a mix of techies and natures prophet is so fun.

7.00 killed Dota

Why do you still not have friends?

Attached: 1505633000467.png (707x906, 503K)

Use the axe culling blade for heroes you suck at, and grind the rest in normal games

>HoN used to be all about intimidation and shitstomping people during the first 15 minutes, it was great.
yes, and then you post a giant glowing GG made up of smaller GGs in the chat, drop a dumpster on your foe and votekick your teammate for having low MMR

>Have to learn invoker

This fucker is worse than learning a combo in a fighting game, combined with your movement,items,positioning etc its pretty nuts

GOLEM GET YE GONE

>yes, and then you post a giant glowing GG made up of smaller GGs in the chat, drop a dumpster on your foe and votekick your teammate for having low MMR
god, I miss HoN.

based and cringepilled

Its another episode of 'even pos 7 support can rat your towers because of this bitch'

Attached: 4444.jpg (1080x1080, 125K)

QW Invoker is piss easy.
You run around in Ghost Walk, urn cold snap some guy, drop an EMP and tornado for the last hit.
It's pretty cool and nobody expects it.

>spending all money on wards
look at this fucking cuck
how to play lion: leech xp until level 6, danny deleto people with your ult, snowball until your ult is doing literally 5 thousand aoe damage on a 15 second cooldown

>kingraven deleted all his videos because throwing fits over a video game doesn't mesh well with the professional life

Attached: 1409547985815.jpg (800x600, 55K)

How much china cheating will be at this years TI?

I miss Moonmeander
youtube.com/watch?v=Of8xUHFGSVQ

they'll just black bag the other teams for going against the script last year

Just have to hope for decent teammates too and not the ones that just play for the sake of playing and get frustrated when you secure a range creep while they see it as cs steal.

Easiest -40 of your life.

I've been playing CS:GO mostly recently.
I don't really care about how the ''community'' is but I do like the gameplay

No seriously, team this bitch up with an enigma with his army of eidolons and watch them go nuts melting towers. Also who thought her ult one shotting ancients was a good idea?

GOLEM GET YE GONE

That's why you can PAY more to enjoy the BP instead of spending time on it! Aren't you grateful to Valve for that??

>the game just felt so slow and clunky
That depends entirely on you and who you play.
Right now the meta is all about destroying the other lane, so early fighting is highly encouraged.

>Enemy team has Drow and Medusa and the game is already past 30 min mark

can someone explain to me how trash druggie russians live and breathe this game and yet even the most intelligent people never even reach 4k mmr?

Because you are not as good as you think you are and you cannot play for 8 hours straight without having a mental breakdown or two.

shota invoker?

tell me more and i might reinstall this fucking game just to play a really bad shota invoker and uguu anime boy on mic

>that conspiracy theory that the chinese team were smuggling in phones in their shoes to cheat last year
>still lost
OH NO NO WE GOT TOO COCKY CHINA BROS

which year was it where they mixed up a bunch of player gear and strats somehow got out, so they just gave every team a catalog of team strengths and weaknesses

check them sneaky shoes

This year's international battle pass/compendium contains an alt skin for Invoker that makes him into a little boy. All that has been shown so far is pic related, but it will unlock later

Attached: 1535365851785.png (1302x794, 1.28M)

LGD.Ruru is the main villain of dota.
I don't recall what happened,but basically she got access to a valve API key, allowing her to access private scrims and stuff like that. And allegedly she still has access to it to this day.

Still lost tho.

imagine being shota invoker and lina and cm push you into a corner and are all "ohoho wanna learn some magic with onee-san" haha

as a hardcore shota fan, I do not approve of /ss/ normalfags using shotas as fuel for their fantasies

I played this game for 1700 hours and I still fucking suck. Decided to get ranked with my friend and we lost 9 fucking matches and I got guardian 1. My newbie friend got guardian 5. I fucking hate this game yet I still play this shit. I shouldn't have touched support at all. All I did was die and ward. I'm just gonna wait till the next season, 1 year of turbo really rotted my skill

Who is the most fun hero and why is it Kunkka?

Attached: 53AAFE13-A417-4816-A0F8-81CC3B033074.png (424x432, 137K)

>NA Dota
ohnonononononono

>OG winners of TI8 and TI9
Are you ready?

I've played this game for over 5000 hours and apparently still suck. I'm low legend rank, and that's still considered bad to people. The ranked system is very cruel and you'll often lose games without your fault. When I first calibrated I was 1400mmr (equivalent to low guardian) just because of my bad luck. I knew I didn't belong there but nobody ever believes you. Everyone just wants to think the best of themselves and the worst of everyone else. I grinded and climbed to over 3000mmr (mid-high archon) but I still feel trash. Dota is a game of suffering user, and you just have to accept you'll always be trash. People only play dota because they one those rare moments where they dominate a game, but for every one of those moments comes hours of suffering. You don't have to give up though, you can definitely make it to higher ranks if you want to.

Attached: Let's Play Some Dota.png (426x425, 337K)

>ward bitch support lion
>not constant roaming threat lion
you brought it all upon yourself user

Top ten taunts in the game

Tidehunter backstroke is better :)

>Unironically playing a dead game
>a fucking moba on top of it
how many of you are actual thrid worlders?

Attached: 1518806165353.jpg (512x512, 34K)

>stopped playing dota years ago, only watch when TI is happening
>few months ago put all my dota items on the market
>made over £250
>still get the occasional email telling me something got sold

I'm glad I got out, each year the BP gets more and more greedy.

>havent played in almost 2 years
>play again and have no idea what im doing anymore cause theres shittons of new items and heroes got reworked and the map got reworked a thousand times
feels weird having to relearn so much shit, at least i still know how to play most heroes and the absolute basics i guess

>not watching k(ino)-sports
youtu.be/Bv4CqIxqTMA

>The Intershillnal
>kino
cringe and bluepilled

Attached: _ez4ence_by_jennycc_dd1lyzt-pre.jpg (774x1032, 94K)

I quit this game because I tend to take losses harshly. When I lose 1 game, I immediately stop playing at the game because it feels so demoralizing and you will always be trash. And even if you get good, other people will get better than you.

it is kino

what do you think "dead game" means?

why does this image have tranny colours?

They should just remove holy persuasion and make him summon catapults instead so it doesn't take 10 minutes to rebuild.

the endorphine rush of completely humiliating someone 1vs1 in the mid lane is indescribable. It's pure joy and the reason I play dota

>Yea Forums ence
Huh... Based

Attached: allu.png (291x371, 197K)

>>>/Tumblr/

hold on... does this picture mean the HOLY PERSUASION WORKS ON FUCKING CATAPULTS NOW? WHAT IS THE FROG THINKING?

Btw I haven't kept up with dota for around 3 years.

Same here, but I've fallen into War Thunder.
I used to get mad as fuck at stupid teammates, but I'm way past that stage and I'm just jaded at this pointI still enjoy the game by itself though.

>don't bitch about some luck
Git gud faggot

This. Shot Invoker is for being dominated by futa Luna.

SAINT AND SINNER BLEED ALIKE

Attached: terrorblade.jpg (751x1030, 185K)

>3k hours
So you finished the tutorial.

Attached: 1551540879521.png (179x179, 58K)

alright that's a step even worse

Shota invoker is clearly for DP.

me and my mate got bored of dota 2 once we figured out you could just roam as vengeful spirit and skywrath mage and stomp pub games really easily