Tekken 7's combat animations are godlike

Depending on who reads this statement, that may or may not be a joke. So which is it?

Attached: anim1.webm (1200x676, 1.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2O4YXW-GmGI
youtu.be/K7R_xQUiZvg
youtu.be/GMzgYrOn-aM
youtu.be/XKJ9I0xWqEk
youtu.be/zqDEVlWlls0
youtu.be/iJ9AVqO3mAc
youtube.com/watch?v=XLVGgSB-If0
youtube.com/watch?v=GtIw49EcvP8
amazon.com/Twisted-Manila-Rope-Hemp-Landscaping/dp/B01J070UXK
youtube.com/watch?v=bFh8yTw6HYg
clips.twitch.tv/HotDifficultCasetteYouDontSay
clips.twitch.tv/InterestingDrabScallionGivePLZ
clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedKathishDolphinMVGame
ngi-revolution.co.uk/event-information/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

videogames are kind of stupid if you stop to think about it

i like when dragunov says ssSHI

I like them. Their proportions are a bit janky sometimes and they don't have a lot of good looking girls, but it's got good animation.

>godlike

This games been garbage since 4, I dont even know what the fuck im looking at anymore

>Playing Tekken 7
>alright, let's check shit out
>jump into ranked match
>it's against some King nigga
>he lands ONE grapple on me
>completey Wombo combos my ass
I immediately uninstalled the game.

Attached: opsalad.png (1920x1080, 720K)

I'm sorry to break it down to you but you are a faggot

just break the throw

good this game doesnt need bitches like you

based

The models are really big and the camera is really close but I like how most characters look when the attack or do links

Geese is the best one

new characters like noctis look good

legacy characters that are using the same animations from tekken 3 look like fucking trash

>posts this greentext
>uses an image of sarada
lmao, I'm glad you didn't get it. i'm glad your bitch ass had a bad time, and i'm glad you aren't coming back around. i hope you learn nothing from experiences like this because i genuinely don't believe you and your ilk deserve to be happy

tekken is garbage

>nothing has any weight behind it
>lights and swirls added to compensate for this
>movements are smooth but not life like at all and extra floaty
Tekken animations are pretty bad all in all

They're pretty great, but most of the people here will think you're talking about their aesthetic and not the visual communication of frame data.

And I like it that way

Just want to have a good time

nice opinion bro

this

Please post webms of my wife!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 325K)

>I lose once and quit forever
sounds like Yea Forums alright

>loseuninstall

Attached: 1556165325405.jpg (551x543, 67K)

Thigh jiggle physics when

Attached: 4da152d6046f0de438c360cb76e6cb05b64bbddda900a421515537a026839489.gif (392x504, 3.69M)

season 3

>combat animations
What other animations are there in a fighting game?

walking, jumping, crouching

The juggling looks retarded

youtu.be/2O4YXW-GmGI
youtu.be/K7R_xQUiZvg

Nothing else can convince me to get season 3. This is all I want. and more outfits for my wife Lucky Chloe :3

Attached: Yakuza-Kiwami-2-Chapters-How-Long-to-Beat.jpg (640x360, 22K)

>natural selection at work

You know that just about everyone else gets a superior combo if they sidestep left that string, right? Dragunov gets a 66 damage combo easy, Mishimas get a free electric which are 70+ combos. You still have to register and respond to the b1, 4 before the 4 lands with Noctis. You have no advantage of doing d/b2. You get an inferior, sub-optimal combo. You'd get a better combo side stepping left.

For some reason the render scale option doesn't change anything above 100%. I want to crank it up for AA but it does nothing.

These kneepads are for sucking dick, you know that right?

Kuze needs to be in season 3. The only reason Kiryu wouldl be in is because he's just iconic. which is superficial. Kuze would be in that tournament for real, he was a fucking dedicated boxer. His fighting style and his personality are perfect for it. Plus he's just a cool character.

I can't get over the man shoulders of the girls, the awful reused animations and the terrible color palette.

the only noticeable ones are nina's and josie's tbqh, the rest has nice, small proportions

Something about them still looks very off. There is a reason why Harada even said he was jealous of SF4 girl models

>Wombo Combo grapple a Kuma for full muscle buster
>he doesn't re

Attached: 1528689227185.jpg (1047x1280, 195K)

Source?

That's because noctis has a pretty nice fighting style. Other combo animations aren't as nice

I actually think Majima is a better fit since he was popular as Kiryu and has such a unique fighting style
youtu.be/GMzgYrOn-aM
youtu.be/XKJ9I0xWqEk
youtu.be/zqDEVlWlls0

Attached: maxresdefault-2.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

the animations may be good, shame they're stuck in such a bad game
new virtua fighter when?

Attached: electric slide.webm (640x360, 1.19M)

This is the only context I'm able to find in regards to harada being jealous of street fighter in any way, and it has absolutely god damn zero to do with females' models; it has all to do with theoretical gameplay design. So unless i'm missing something, you're sorely mistaken.

Attached: jealous.png (880x487, 43K)

>VFniggers still seething

Attached: 54231232.jpg (500x704, 79K)

t. TAS
Limitations are set based on human capability as opposed to machine capability, which is actually good design because balancing around machine capability causes you to artificially lower the skill ceiling and raise the skill floor "because the machine can do it better". You're just justifying your dislike of the game without any real reason.

I think Majima in Slugger style was a better fit than Negan. But barring a bat as a requirement, Kuze is a better fit.

I think Harada appreciating the character modeling was a tweet or something

>VFniggers
joke's on you i only want a new VF because i heard the old VF's were god. i play anniemay airdashers only.
>
how is that relevant to my post at all?

Attached: custom fighter.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

>how is it relevant
Your webm, my dude. I only assumed it was relevant to your point of it being a trash game. Unless I'm mistaken, and that webm is entirely irrelevant and pointless to the content of your post?

I like it when he does his rage art and just groans like a retarded Russian zombie, probably my favorite thing about him

King and AK have some pretty sick animations

Attached: 2lurgyf.webm (640x368, 203K)

Attached: 1432291979370.webm (1280x682, 1.24M)

He's in

Attached: 157645645342321.png (623x796, 490K)

Do you have any actual substance or is this just hearsay on your part?

I remember it was a talking point back when he was working on SFxT. That was the last time I've heard about it around FGC

>u/f, u/f, dickjab, ws4
No fucking wonder he lost, holy shit the flub.

i post a webm of something funny happening in tekken, me not knowing the context of that happening, and not using it as anything but filler for the rest of the post; you respond with "TASbot fuck off, this game is for humans only", as if there's some deeper subtext you see behind that webm. i want to know that deeper subtext and maybe context too.
the second webm i posted is irrelevant to this conversation, yes.

You know what's bugged me about fighting game animations since the dawn of time?

How the character getting comboed/juggled just has his animations reset on every hit, making it look like they're stuck midair in a time loop until the combo is over. It always takes me out of it, especially in "realistic" fighters like Tekken or Soul Calibur

You'd think it wouldn't be that hard to make some ragdoll physics to make it look like they're actually getting their ass beat, instead of phasing into the Fist Dimension and back again once every other frame.

So.. Hearsay, then? I'm asking as a legitimately curious person because Poison got my dick rock fucking hard in sf4 but also because it sounds like you're misremembering something, and misinformation in general is just bad.

Tekken is for chads

The entirety of your post suggests that the first webm you posted was irrelevant to the content of the actual post but then you say
>second webm I posted is irrelevant
which obviously leads me to believe you're being passive aggressive about your intent. Regardless you're being very sketchy about your position and it's only leading me to believe you're going to continue that path to entrench your position so whatever, I'm just gonna move on.

I'd like to have the tweet or interview cued up because I swear it's been a talking point on Yea Forums and other sites for a while that Harada liked the female modeling. But of course it wasn't really something talked openly about on gaming journalism. I really wish I had links.

just watch a competent steve fox player for your answer

design? yes
models? hell fucking no, every character in sfiv has huge fucking feet and hands, the proportions are all over the place. its somehow even worse in sfv

Honestly looks worse mk

They were fine outside the hands/feet part though.

King jumpover tech is legit, just not against FDFT

Attached: 1528946289850.webm (852x480, 2.82M)

thinly veiled xv-kun thread shilling for his garbage game and gay ouji-sama

Attached: 1497417464105.png (205x246, 29K)

There's lots of cool animations but also a lot of incredibly old, awkward and ugly looking ones that they have refused to update for over two decades.

Shut the fuck up

Attached: 1543885796545.webm (1920x1080, 1.66M)

Most of the legacy characters animate pretty badly and KBD is so god damn stupid I'm surprised it hasn't been normalized yet

>eats a full rolling death cradle and doesn’t break any of the chain
This is your brain on xenoestrogens, lads.

Even more impressive if you consider that game is 5 years old

>every game with Noctis that isn't FFXV actually has better gameplay for him than his own game
>KH3 even has a better Armiger than FFXV
Really sad honestly.

Attached: tumblr_inline_pp1tb7kaEG1vvjt9j_540.gif (540x304, 3M)

I prefer Soulcalibur

t. zoomer

I don't hate tekken but the movement feels so clunky it's not fun to play.

No it doesn't and no they dont
KH3 is objectively worse with less manual control and worse combat

Bottom is tapping O for manual combo with timed Square and Triangle taps for dodge cancel counters and combo modifiers and manual finishes, and X to jump plus an L1 and Dpad for tech and Lstick

top is just pressing 1 button 99% of the clip then triangle once at the end

Attached: kh3 ultimate form ffxv armiger unleashed.webm (640x720, 2.97M)

having to be consistent at KBD just to be able to space your opponent properly is a problem.

It's just a legacy skill they left in for no real good reason. Not to mention side-stepping isn't nearly as good as previous tekkens, so yeah the movement can be clunky if you haven't practiced it for literally years.

are you retarded

Is that supposed to be the Dead Sea? Looks a lot like the side facing Jordan.

>that bitrate
I can count the pixels senpai

You are pathetic.

>when nigga asks if u wanna dance and you just laugh at him

Fucking lmao I was wondering if I'd actually be able to summon you here. So I've been meaning to ask, how do you always know when someone mentions KH and FFXV?

>wombo combo
>Was probably me against a Law or Lili player
Spoken like a scrub smasher who can’t handle a real fighting game. You’re just like those people who add no effort at all.

I just DC everytime I get a King player tbqh famalam

how tough is it to play tekken if the only fighting games i've played are guilty gear xrd and skullgilrs? how does King compare to Beowulf?

Attached: big band.jpg (640x780, 81K)

Fuck off retard

How do you always manage to be in every thread shilling KH?

you're gonna spend at least a month trying to realize you can move in 3 dimensions

The boob physics were better in six

Attached: 15cfad03ac0763e5f0dfa6a11a4d3df8ceb0c9edb432b1126d3f5f285bafcbaa.gif (480x270, 2.81M)

So?

Attached: Kazuya Vs 2,2 - Tekken 7 Highlight.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Fucking Kazuya monkeys

kazuya players are true brainlets.

Virtual Fighter 5 FS had better animation and that was from a decade ago.

>NOOOO STOOOP I-I I HAVE X TO JUMP KH3 IS SHIT
kek

youtu.be/iJ9AVqO3mAc

Attached: Dead Lili.jpg (1280x720, 182K)

Mortal Kombat 11 has better animations and the fighting looks more brutal and realistic.

It has more realistic graphics, it the animation looks like two dolls jumping around. It has the worse animation out of all the “triple A” fighting games.

you press only one button in kh for every combo
in xv you press multiple buttons with true combo modifiers and abilities given on different button presses which affects the whole flow and objectively requires more player input from the player than kh3 ever does.

Nah it is animated better, fights look like fight scenes from the raid

>requires more player input from the player than kh3 ever does.

Attached: 1541809676343.webm (640x360, 2.66M)

imagine how retarded you have ti be to actually believe this

youtube.com/watch?v=XLVGgSB-If0

Kakuto Chojin>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tekken

wtf is with japanese 3d fighting gmes always making blood look like a red mist? MK has realistic looking blood

>you press only one button in kh for every combo
stop this baiting you brainlet shitskin
if you dont know how to play, dont say shit and stay with your real one button game

>trying to make twitter memes on Yea Forums
go back, faggot

All 3D fighters have and forever will have terrible animations.

not him but
>against one enemy
>with 5 others attacking it
you wouldn't be able to do this if the numbers were matches or if it was a big monster enemy

there's literally a video where someone beats a boss in KH3 without touching the controller

>replying to obvious bait

>get game, start a game
going good so far
>eat one-touch kill with no indication of how to break out
sounds like a retarded game

fag

korean backdash looks really stupid

the purple spark when the grab lands is the first indication of being able to throw break
any after that is when he adjusts to continue the chain

You literally CANNOT die in FFXV. I beat the game on lvl 1 with hard mode and never died once. Meanwhile KH3 CRIT lvl1 I died on the first fight. Stay btfo and enjoy your cancelled dlc.

From now till the end of time other 3D games will remain asshurt that Tekken is undisputedly the best selling one.

yes, but that fight intentionally gives you an OP party member for story purposes, something Square has done in the past. he can still solo the boss on critical that's impossible in on any other fight. holding O to win works in every fight in FFXV, in addition to your 99 items that pause the game and carbuncle summon on easy mode that makes it literally impossible to die. not to mention that you don't die when you reach 0 HP for some retarded reason, as if the game wasn't easy enough already

Attached: Sephiroth_guest_battle.png (632x430, 197K)

>get game, start a game
>see purple spark
where between these two steps does the game tell you what a purple spark means and what to do about it

Nowhere, the game doesn't tell you shit and harada thinks that's a good thing

>get grabbed
>see purple spark
>oh I guess that means I've been grabbed
stop being retarded

Not For Honor

Goddamn i love kh3. It did everything FF15 combat wanted to do, only better

>i've never played kingdon hearts

Its a semi-scripted fight you retard, its a square staple.
Fuckin zoomers man, dont use their brains at all.

>get grabbed
>get combo'd to death
>hmmm what can i do to prevent that?
>google Tekken throwbreaks
>ah ok, that's how it works
>go into training lab
>record King to make death cradle
>spend as much time as you need until you can easily break that throw and throws in general
>start game
>fight King noob that only learned that one combo
>escape throw everytime and body his panicking ass 3-0
That's how i did it when i started as a Teken noob 2 years ago and now i'm close to red rank.
Tekken is not for whining pussy scrubs that can spam V-trigger for insta wins.
You actually have to put time into it and train. Learning combos is literally the last step you should do.

>>google Tekken throwbreaks
this is where the game design is retarded
good games convey all information on how to effectively play by playing the game, ie playing a match in the case of tekken, and that alone

Thats 90% of all fighting games, not just tekken. Every single fighter has at least couple of attacks / characters with so atrocious game design that you have to watch youtube about how to beat X and then spend couple hours in training mode (pros call it in lab) to have a chance about that char.

In street fighter 5 this is bison. Bison has the best online win/lose ratio despite being very slow and clunky character. Why? Because every single move he does is safe on block and until you actually watch on youtube how to counter his spam, you automatically lose to every single bizon player.

And people still wonder why fighting games are so niche. This is one of the reasons.
>the game starts being fun after 200 hours
Fighting games in a nutshell.

Attached: DeadOrAlive6.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

reds are the new greens kiddo haven't ya heard?

good advice but most noobs just quit anyway.

this is why shooters are better, they're far more intuitive unlike fighting games which have no logic that resembles fighting at all

I'm not saying that the lack of tutorials in Tekken isn't complete garbage, but it's not something that can't be easily solved.
If you actually try to go deep into the game, you'll spend hours on youtube anyways, watching koreans playing your main and try to learn as much as possible.

really? and here i thought in red ranks i can finally try getting gud.
i spend 1 year in green ranks, getting promo'd and demo'd back to back, until i decided to spam cheap shit.

Your arguments don't work when you go immediately online instead of figuring out how the game works.

yep sure is Yea Forums in here

Who the fuck cares, Harada is a total cretin and his opinions are garbage.

Were they actually though?

Attached: 7131ED4F-5D33-40A0-AB27-64A81E42B012.gif (500x281, 2.34M)

I love how those threads are always full or literal retards who doesn't even play fightings and just spew retarded opinions or meaningless demands.

>thinking a season 2 T7 genbu means anything

Guarentee you that guy isn't more than a green rank Kazuya on any other game

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's the best part of the game, actually. That's why people keep playing Tekken, but drop Soul Calubur after 2 months.

keep at it bro, eventually you'll be as good as king jae...

Attached: 1482442202777.jpg (235x215, 8K)

don't lie to him bruv...

That's just a joke.

i bought tekken 7 during that golden week sale on steam. i like it and its fun to practice in.

They're fairly good (especially that webm). Something about them is a bit off though. The juggles in particular look sorta janky.

I find soulcalibur to be the best animated 3D fighter. Perhaps being weapons-based makes it easier for the animators somehow, I don't know.

>king jae
How is his loan?

soulcalibur is definitely the most polished 3d fighter, sidestepping is actually useful and skill takes priority over juggling.

Attached: 1546662195138.jpg (7680x4320, 2.49M)

how the fuck do I transition from tekken to anime games
Do I really need to set up matches myself in fucking discord channels

I mean what the fuck is this

I just wish the info that's on the bottom of the load screen sometimes was accessible at other times.

I mean the problem with anime fighters is they die quickly so yeah have fun on discord or /vg/. Otherwise realize that combo knowledge is way more important in anime games

Actually yoshimitsu looks better in SC even when he's doing the same stuff he does in tekken so idk

Attached: 1543930653271.webm (426x240, 2.86M)

stupid nidiot.
even if you dont want to learn the fkn break just duck or use your keepout moves

waifu scum btfo

>autist is clearly holding R1+O and still gets hit taking damage while having wait mode on and using one of the strongest base game regular weapons in the game Durandal with elemental advantage against one of the weakest grunt mob enemies in the entire game while having a full 5 member party

meanwhile kh3 do nothing to win

Attached: kh3 do nothing and literally win.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

Playing the game is the exact first thing you should do when you get a game.

See You dumb fuck kh turd

finally some solid criticism.
i agree. they could make the movement smoother looking at a high level.

False
You literally cant die in kh3 because of kupo coin

Attached: kh3 do nothing to win.webm (960x540, 2.98M)

>going into training or whatever isn't playing the game
If you buy a fighting game you go into training/tutorial, then do 1 arcade, then jump online.

reminder texas showdown is tomorrow!

>tfw watching unist, then sc6, then tekken, then turning the stream off lmao

Attached: 1534499024941.png (1395x562, 77K)

you have multiple ways of dealing with the cancer characters. if you can react to a fkn snake edge you imediatelly move into the mid ranks. also the most aids characters (lei) isnt that popular either

3D fighters are a mistake

No it doesn't, you'll literally die if you only hold O in XV
Meanwhile in older FF just hold to win in battle
then use tents outside of battle which are cheaper than phoenix downs are in XV

the only way to not die in XV is by using recovery items IN BATTLE meaning it literally punishes you enough to need to do it during combat

older FF doesn't and in FF7 just get final attack materia plus life materia to auto revive any KO member and never die or lose

Attached: ff5 hold x to win battles!.webm (780x540, 2.93M)

Yeah you clearly haven't

harada pls :/

Attached: zafina_02_by_dragonlord720_dbqjc5i-pre.jpg (1192x670, 47K)

>going into training or whatever isn't playing the game
No, it isn't. Games have a win or loss at the end. There is no winner or loser in training mode or other trial modes, therefore there is no game being played. Therefore they aren't playing the game, rather you are playing with an inferior toy when you play training mode.
>do 1 arcade, then jump online
This still gets you 100%'d by a command throw sequence with no information on how to break out.

if you think RDC is unbreakable you should honestly consider suicide

Attached: 1475918401277.png (1600x1052, 1.7M)

i didn't say or imply it was speedreader-kun

youtube.com/watch?v=GtIw49EcvP8

Better "not play the game" than being a crying loser then.

You bought game with no cross play and niche mostly japan consoles players only user base. You have only yourself to blame.
Remember: no crossplay no buy.

True. My favorite strategy is taking the loss and then turning the game off.

Attached: fat VS flat.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

you said "one-touch kill" which implies you're eating the full RDC, aka you can't break it
amazon.com/Twisted-Manila-Rope-Hemp-Landscaping/dp/B01J070UXK

i also said "no indication of how to break out" which implies there is a way to break out, kouhai

>play a game
>don't know how to play
>lose
who would've thought this could happen, in sports or chess you can immediately perform everything from the start

who the SHIT are these guys???

I guarantee if you just spam 2-break like a complete scrub you'll be fine for most king grabs
you're just butthurt, settle down and learn how to play the game or find the nearest tall building to jump off of

Attached: 1540925595653.png (720x540, 500K)

when did i say that losing was the problem?

Uh those are both girls user

still applies
>play game
>don't know how to play
>opponent wrecks me with some noob trap
who would've thought this could happen, in sports or even chess there are no such things as strategies that are effective against the inexperienced

I don't know what you mean by "skill takes priority over juggling". Either juggling takes skill in Tekken, or the outcome is determined by some other skill the game requires from you. Mostly it's the latter, as your basic on-axis combos without the wall are for the most part really easy, as are most combos from the middle of the stage to the wall, but there are all sorts of situations (awkward wall angle/distance, off-axis, getting a combo from interrupting someone who's in the air etc.) that do require certain kind of ability to improvise your combos quickly on the fly and that do matter a lot.

Moves in Tekken 7 unfortunately do have quite ridiculous tracking for the most part so it's often difficult to sidestep anything, so if you like to really use the 3rd dimension Soulcalibur certainly has more of that. However backwards movement is a lot more risky in SC, most importantly because you can't move back while blocking like you can in Tekken, but on the top of that there's also movement counters and lethal hits that punish it extra hard. Sidestepping is risky too for similar reasons, but because a lot of attacks are very linear it also has a pretty high chance of being successful and it's also very high reward as you can often launch your opponent (like in Tekken too).

alisa/lili/chloe players are subhuman

Its a scripted fight user, you're just making a fool of yourself posting this

>godlike animations
>strike poses between fast movement
yeah, nah

Yet it happens all the time in video games

>That slow neck snap at the end

Attached: 1381437890822.jpg (682x1024, 371K)

my gripe with juggling is that a major gameplay mechanic in a game played by 2 players is something where the other player might as well put down the controller for the entire duration of it, even Soulcalibur, which isn't very juggle focused, let's the airborne player control his movement in the air to some extent.

damn, DoA6 looks like that?!

>Godlike
Most of the time, but "legacy animations" such as hellsweep, ewgf, delayed hop kick etc look MK tier. They need to stop sucking their own dick and replace those, they stick out so bad.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.13M)

It even plays better than tekken 7, but with its reputation and lack of cross play nobody will ever take it seriously.

Soul caliber 6 has better chance (almost zero) to become popular respectable fighting game than doa 6 (grand zero). It is even free to play both on steam and consoles. Still people will rather slap 60 bucks for priviledge of fighting penises in ranked online than to give it chance.

Attached: white horse = doa6 marketing team.gif (346x245, 2.02M)

That's very game dependant. In Arcsys games where the opponent can burst during your combo, you have to combo with the threat of the burst in mind, sacrificing damage to make your combo burst safe or straight up stopping mid combo to burst bait and reset them for more damage. In that way you're still in the game even though these games are known to have some of the longest combos.

oh I was exclusively talking about Tekken, I'm sure a lot of fighting games actually make juggling interesting.

Imma spit some harsh truth:
Tekken requires more guess work and hard reads than other fighting games. Even when you gain frame advantage, the seemingly most safe options can lead to you getting launched and anytime players are withing close range, both are essentially caught in a mixup. Still love Tekken.

Attached: file.png (1063x800, 217K)

LIMB BASED COMBAT

>"advantage" is actually not advantageous
and they said anime games' comeback mechanics are bad

I'm going to sound like a boomer here but I don't care
I was playing T5 with some friends a while back and honestly miss how fast fighting games used to be, most current ones feel really sluggish for some reason (also the long loading times for current fighting games between matches suck)

Great truth, that will undoubtly be applied when 2 AIs play each other.

>It even plays better than tekken 7
It's the worst playing fighter on the market, Toei doesn't know how to make good gameplay. Reputation has little to do with the game never having any scene in any part of the world ever, even in Japan where even some of the most obscure shit gets sizeable tournaments out of nowhere sometimes.

Based King players gatekeeping low iq anime fags with chain throws.

Kuze's a literal nobody within his own series and has less than 10 moves, also Tekken has an actually really well-executed boxer too.

tekken is sick boys

Attached: 1533510103337.webm (960x540, 2.69M)

no it's not scripted

I hate XV enough to the point where I almost snapped the disk in half and I can tell you this is bullshit, I WISH you could've just held down O to win and avoid that jank combat

Yes it is, dumbass. You get Roxas forthat one sungle fight and he goes ham on Saix ass. Hes literally the only ally in the game that can solo a boss

>who doesn't even play
>doesn't
you inbred cuckold.

that graphic doesnt acount for crush at all
and tekken 7 has a lot of crushing moves

these animations look like glowing stick and not like weapons

namco games are shit and the animations are trash, kill yourselves circlejerking faggots

>I don’t believe that Tekken is complex. If it were complex, it probably wouldn’t have sold 44 million copies and be the best-selling fighting game it is today ... the fan base is about 70% casual. Otherwise, it would be much too difficult to sell 44 million copies ... Special effort was made to ensure that Tekken 7 was more accessible than past installments.

The game is for fucking retards, I know thats Yea Forums but still. step it up

dude you are a bait master.

>where the other player might as well put down the controller for the entire duration of it
Outside of Tag 2 practical juggles aren't even that long for the most part, I feel like this complaint is a bit out-of-date. Also Tekken getting all the flak for it is weird to me, KOF for example has longer juggles (not just talking about 13 either before someone says this) but I've never seen anyone complain about it with that series. DBFZ's never-ending blockstrings are a way bigger chore to deal with than juggles in any game too imo (granted I haven't played that game recently and I know it got some balance changes, so maybe my own complaint about it is out-of-date now?)

>wake up
>kiss my limited edition Alisa dakimura good morning
>pray to my Masashi Kishimoto photo I have on my wall
>dynamic entry my way to the bathroom
>brush teeth and wash my face
>wink at myself in the mirror
>boot up my pc and get ready for some Tekken
>ask the Lars discord if there's any new Lars tech
>no reply as usual
>start up Tekken 7
>spend 2 hours in practice mode doing wall to wall combos with Lars
>time for some online ranked
>select my favorite Lars Custom, the one that looks like Cloud from FF7
>first match, its a Jin player, a LESSER mishima
>start off the 1st round with a lightning screw, the best move in the game
>of course it lands, a calculated risk
>make quick work of him, he couldn't handle my barrage of lightning screws and DB4's
>winquit
>He'll stay a blue rank scrub forever, but I'll be out of this ranked hell soon enough into the red ranks where I rightfully belong
>that's enough ranked for today
>close Tekken 7 and go to twitter
>tweet Harada for Lars buffs
>he never replies
>check the Lars discord
>someone posted that they're feeling suicidal about the state of Lars
>"stay strong brother". I tell him "our time will come soon enough"
>time for my daily anime marathon
Any other Lars players here?

Attached: Custom Lars.jpg (1280x720, 119K)

Are you ever going to read the rest of that interview you're quoting user?

The new ones do, yes. Too bad the game is 85%+ old animations.

Can't believe I just noticed all the feathers being beat off of Devil Jim. Kek, now I have even more motivation to beat his feathery fuck ass in the matchup.

Attached: 1551480998221.jpg (1278x718, 147K)

I didn't really mean it quite literally when I said put the controller down, just generally that the the guy in the can just do whatever since his input doesn't matter. Nobody complains about KOF because nobody plays it.

I don't have to, the point still stands faggot. Shitty animations, shitty game made for mashing retards

True. Still fun though

guy in the air*

if the point was to be spectacle then we would have played as roxas

>I don't have to
Sure you do, it's pertinent to the point you're trying to make.
>In fact, many techniques can easily be performed by “button mashing,” but this also means it could be said the game is accessible to a wide audience. It is frustrating when I see the same person say that Tekken is very technical, and thus difficult, but then says that it is a button masher with no depth in other instances. In actuality, I believe the game is easy for anyone to pick up and play, yet difficult to master if you want to compete at a tournament level.

From that same interview
>It is frustrating when I see the same person say that Tekken is very technical, and thus difficult, but then says that it is a button masher with no depth in other instances. In actuality, I believe the game is easy for anyone to pick up and play, yet difficult to master if you want to compete at a tournament level.

I completely forgot they put in Noctis as a cheap advertisement for XV

It *is* funny that Tekken was always knows as a scrubbier Virtua Fighter. Then as soon as esports blew up and VF died, faggits started lying about Tekken being deep and complex. Everyone knew it was a basically masher anf not that deep. I'm surprised more NRS bitches don't play it.

I like when he says eeEEYAH

>tekken is difficult
nigga please

cheap advertisement for a cheap cup noodle ad.

Then there's also parries, reversals and moves with special evasive properties like backswing and Yoshi b3

NOO GIT GUDEDUDDUGEDUGDUD

Go win TWT then, sounds like it's easy free money for you

But XV sold more than Tekken 7 did and was put in over a year after XV came out, he was put in because Harada is bros with Tabata and Harada said since FF and Tekken were big 3D games in PS1 he wanted to use the latest FF protag in the latest Tekken

Why do they refuse to put a tutorial mode in the game? Every other fighter has one these days

Nice counterargument. Any other cherrypicked quotes you can post?

youtube.com/watch?v=bFh8yTw6HYg
it's actually not that hard to win in tekken, even against the higher players, why do you think shit players like tanukana or americans place decently

Tanukana doesn't place decently, she's literally only notable for being female
Majority of Americans don't do well outside of America when they travel

The only tournaments Tanukana has done well at is one all-girl tournament and one American tournament (Combo Breaker, in said tournament both 1st and 2nd place were Koreans too)

One of the best players on the planet beating up some random who doesn't know how to sidestep isn't evidence that Tekken is easy.

>DOAcucks trying to be relevant

Attached: meme girl.gif (500x700, 1006K)

Why are Koreans so good at this game specifically? I don't get it

hahahaha look at this dude

doing the same move like hellsweep over and over is effective, side stepping doesn't even work half the time. good examples of that is hellsweep and deathfist, it's a shitty 50/50 situation that can't be helped

>Posting a video of Knee hellsweeping some nobody in pools like it means something
If the other guy wasn't paralyzed in fear and sidestepped or even duck he wouldn't have lost like that, and that last hellsweep was just rubbing salt in the wound.

That doesnt make any sense

Except doing a single backdash away.

these replies are why fightan are the fastest dying games on the market. 100 smelly turbo autists are plenty enough to turn away tens of thousands of new players

It isn't hard to sidestep hellsweep. Maybe Tekken is too difficult for you.

And the American tournament she did well in was before the console release too so most American players didn't have regular access to the game unlike the Koreans and the Japanese.

>it's actually not that hard to win in tekken, even against the higher players
There wouldn't be a consistent tier of "higher players" if this were the case though, what you're saying is observably untrue

>and deathfist
Why did you mention deathfist when trying to say sidestepping is weak, it has virtually no tracking on it and can be sidestepped easily? Personally I can agree that they nerfed sidestepping too much in T7 on a general level but it isn't totally useless like you're saying it is

Attached: Tanukana costume select.jpg (1373x439, 173K)

go try to sidestep a deathfist or reaction or even on prediction and tell me how that works ouyt for you

you are right, saint, jdcr and co haven't been dominating since launch or anything

clips.twitch.tv/HotDifficultCasetteYouDontSay

bitch is autistic

no shit, she plays fighting games

RDC is two breaks by the way

>to turn away tens of thousands of new players
the FGC is fine without a horde of tens of thousands of bitches

Not a webm but my fav ragequit screen

Attached: 20190412154219_1.jpg (1024x576, 146K)

Why not just block it if you can sidestep it on reaction?

Wait, you're telling me you're predicting a hellsweep and preemptively started sidestepping left? Get launched, lmao.

clips.twitch.tv/InterestingDrabScallionGivePLZ

clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedKathishDolphinMVGame

Saint and JDCR haven't won a tournament in like a year. They didn't even make world tour finals top 8. At least stay up to date when you are baiting.

the thing is they don't have to be right now but they were placing top every tourney

How is SC6 compared to T7?

it's shit and dead. but if you want to try it out go torrent it

2 years ago when the game just came out on console.

>go try to sidestep a deathfist or reaction or even on prediction and tell me how that works ouyt for you
The issue with deathfist is how much pushback it has on block, not it being hard to sidestep. It has 15 frames of startup and has virtually no tracking on either side, not saying that someone completely new at the game can instantly sidestep first time but anyone good at the game should be fine. You realise that you're seriously using "random deathfists" as your argument here?

I hadn't played a tekken since 3 when this one dropped, it's still my favorite.

>his face

lmao

It's good to know it's not just me

>furry gays convention
>fine
how's those core values coming along

Nobi is about to kill harada for Geese and Debil Jim

some of them are great and some of them look like the same shit as tekken 3, it all depends on the character. i cant wait for tekken 8 at least. hopefully they improve everything.

Attached: file.png (200x247, 94K)

It's much easier in terms of execution. General balance wise the moves do more damage but have shorter combos. It's very mix up heavy and as such can be super frustrating to play online even on connections that would be okay for other games. Offline and at tournament level it's fantastic but where SC6's really well tuned gameplay and modern fighting games relationship with online competition meets, there's a very very frustrating clash of ideals.

T7 was pretty cheaply made because they didn't expect it to sell too well after TTT2 failed to hit expected numbers, hopefully they actually put some money into T8.

MK normal gameplay hits dont have weight. They look like a 70s kung fu movie, and I kinda appreciate that senpai

user, No, just no. Fightan is only existing at the strength that it is, ie Samurai Showdown games still being released, because there is a gate of entey hurdle. If the whole fucking industry had as small as a barrier of entry as Smash Bros it would be a bigger shitstain than it already is to the entirety of the industry.

That fucking hurdle is the entire point of the fucking genre you ingrate, its degenerate like you that they where trying to sell Street fighter 5 to. Fuck sakes if the genre appealed towards the filth you've described marvel versus capcom infinite would of never rightfully have been crucified.

Fuck sakes worthwhile difficulty and the contrast of skills is the entire god damn point you retard

Attached: 1556771525819.gif (500x281, 1.43M)

bamco is too cheap for that, t7 made them so much money and all we get is a half assed bowling sim

>Want to create a locals for unist
>But its unist
>and I'm form the UK which makes it even worse.
>probably get around 2 players max
I don't want to cheap out and make it a SF5/T7/MK11 local. It hurts senpai.

Recent trend of casualising fighters with simpler inputs and autocombos has only made them less and less popular

>people tell a man "dude there exist tools that can help you do the thing" is turning that man away from doing the thing
can i have some of what you're smoking? or did you automatically assume 'loads of replies' = 'people be raging'?

Tell that to EVO and every other scene goign full autism sports

I mean I just googled UNIST uk tournament and found this
ngi-revolution.co.uk/event-information/

Doesn't this basically apply to all 3D fighters though

yes it does

the problem isn't the learning curve. the problem is the retards who already got past the curve shit talking and going out of their way to tilt and agitate players still in the curve into giving up. then you have those same retards start infighting and dropping the game altogether, killing the game way faster than if they hadn't initially been asswipes to players new to the genre
imagine being so deluded you think fighting game players actually try helping anyone in an honest or polite way aside from inviting them to troll steam groups or flooding steam chat with "git gud"

Is that really so? I assumed their animators were shitting up because they weren't used to the new and unfamiliar engine. they also went multiplatform this time around, just like monster hunter, and also like monster hunter the content tanked in a sense because of that undertaking. Atleast new tekken players ate it up anyways because they had no other to compare it to. I hope we can return to the level of content that old Tekkens used to have .

Attached: e.jpg (1024x576, 133K)

(SUPERIOR)

So you're mad that people bully you for being a salty scrub? lel

>imagine being so deluded you think fighting game players actually try helping anyone in an honest or polite way
they do from what I've seen, it's literally only Yea Forums who acts like the FGC will beat them up after school if they ask questions
whenever someone asks for help you always get responses referring them to online guides, or to post recordings of their matches for tips or shit like that, you'd only be "trolled" if you act like an obnoxious faggot

ah, so you did assume shit. well, tough luck, kid, because it appears you're wrong. next time read things you're talking about. the replies say "break the throw" or "google it, it's not hard" because the repliers were there, breaking the throws and googling it, and they know that that user can do it too. the fgc believes in the newbies and it knows that with persistence, everything is possible.

>people not realizing tekken animations are just copy pasta from previous games, and from character to character
Shitsuxfags

the bowling sim was developed before they knew the game would be a big success

They redo a lot of the animations every few games, TTT2 was the most recent game to do that, but yeah there are some really fucking ancient animations still buried in there

*iWR2s you*

yeah there is, but not local local, I guess I want to make it a regular more close knit thing with people up north while that one is down south. Cheap and barely costs anything to come and compete. Guess I just want to start my own tbrqh

I hope they drop Rage Arts but keep Rage Drives in the next one

just like every fighting game

no, just bad 3d games like tekken

Doesn't change the fact that the safest option at your disposal is still a gamble that can lead to you getting launched.

It lists options you have to account for in most matchups, so no character specific gimmicks like backswing or flash. Besides, if the opponent has those options, like Lilis matterhorn, that just makes everything and even bigger gamble.

Tekken is my only 3D fighter

out of curiosity I opened up the tekken 7 community discussions and every topic that isn't asking for news is people flinging shit at each other over complaining about balance and people being good at the game. any "polite" responses here are the most backhanded they could possibly be
>it appears you're wrong
I'll just pick a few
>good this game doesn't need bitches like you
>stupid nidiot
>sure is Yea Forums in here
>natural selection
>>loseuninstall
>this is your brain on xenoestrogens
>low iq
my assumption doesn't seem so wrong when over half the replies are shit like this. there being one (1) moderately insightful post doesn't make you right

Attached: 20190512-064137.jpg (1363x2524, 1.03M)

katarina is bullshit with her 4 spam tho

Is this the reason why Tekken wasn't as popular as Street Fighter 4?
I heard Tekken 7 got more players at Evo and in general because SFV is completly shit.

They reused the animations from T4-T6, but these animations were already good back then and still better than everyting that NRS produces.

Attached: VainDecentBelugawhale.webm (541x304, 271K)

Her 4 string is very unsafe, she has good tools outside of it though

>Tekken animation

Attached: 1556827434966.webm (854x480, 2.88M)

I like that they keep og animations, they're what make tekken tekken to be honest. Don't need to fix what isn't broke. KISAMA KA

Attached: Kiero.png (508x549, 361K)

He's canceling the animation of backdash so technically this doesn't even show any animation properly.

New animations made for new characters are generally good
Legacy animations that characters have been stuck with for a decade are fucking awful across the board

This is how i know your an online warrior who isnt an actual important part of your community.

When you play fighting games with people, instead of just buying them playing them for all the single player content and then ditching them after a week or two of online, like real in person people, the trash talk and natural negativity is responded to with vigor, the will the fight inherently counteracts people telling you your shit. If you actually go around believing that these people have divided themselves from you and caused segregation through skill difference you're already failing at fighting games. What I was trying to explain to your thick head is responding to this shit with anything else that hate fueling you to do better in the game is just going at the entirety of the genre with the wrong mindset. Fuck sakes MK literally ended on a boss fight that told you striaght to your face "You Suck" and proceded to use some of the cheapest A.i tactics ever created.

The people who actually get upset and leave at that level of shit, are not going to stick around for the gameplay, they never do.

>The VIRGIN Smash Cloud
>Only has Advent Children design as his alt costume
>Only uses a sword
>No remixed music in his stage
>Speaks Japanese because SE is too stingy
>No cutscene exclusive for trailer

>The CHAD Tekken Noctis
>Has 5 alt costumes
>Uses a variety of weapons, including Magic Grenades
>Remix of Apocalypsis Noctis plays in his home stage
>Speaks Japanese to be consistent with the rest of Tekken’s cast
>Trailer has unique footage with Gladiolus, Ignis and Prompto

Attached: C9AE8BD5-3DEC-4D8A-9DF2-66FB7D015E1E.png (1000x1000, 675K)

It's like L-cancel wavedashing in melee, it fucks with the animation and makes it look like a tas

I have absolutely no experience in fighting games except Smash, and I'm interested in trying to learn one. What's a good game for someone like me? Something with a good tutorial that also doesn't have a ton of complicated mechanics

Even if you ignore the kbd, Heihachis jab and wgf look like some ps1 shit. They really should just let go, all the newer character look amazing.

Every single fighting game discord I’ve gone to (I’ve only been playing for about a year now) has been nothing but friendly people who have lots of guides and tips. I think you just got scared when you hit the ground the first time user. Fighting games are fine

I was talking about the shitty jab

based

Cloud speaks Japanese because of unions, not SE

the noctis in tekken reveal also has more views than cloud in smash reveal

most of the options at a disadvantage that get you launched are extremely dangerous given that mid launchers hits them. You're also missing the obvious mid CH crumple option that's a no-risk, high reward case here.
TL;DR yeah you can gamble at a disadvantage, but the odds are not good for you if you do so.

yet you act like fighting games are some important social hierarchy and not just a video game genre littered with people who weren't cut out for real social hierarchies.
>If you actually go around believing that these people have divided themselves from you and caused segregation through skill difference you're already failing at fighting games.
except, they have. fighting games older than ten months have a dwindling pool of new/low tier players, zero in low mid to high mid, and the rest are in the top tier, drinking grease by the gallon to make sure the shit they leave laying around smells extra bad.
>"dude it's just you"
this doesn't even dignify a response, but I'll give you this for at least trying to pretend you didn't already reply with some snide bullshit

Attached: IMG_20190420_140303.jpg (749x375, 32K)

Don't forget that in the bowling mode he has his bros in the background cheering for him sitting at the table

Mortal kombat and injustice have really detailed tutorials, they're made by people who are fans of the genre as a whole and they take mechanics from EVERYWHERE. But their games are a tad stupider overall, less creativity allowed for the user You'll find most devoted players though started by emulating large sums of older fight games and messing with cpu or personal friends.

IMO your best bet is to insall MUGEN and make your own roster of fighters to dick around with, its and incredible simple engine to use, you just throw characters you download into a folder and add their name to the character list text file.

>it's 2019 and characters still do flop around with back pain after being defeated

I wish T7 kept motion blur from T6 and TTT2. It made the game smooth and kinda more satisfying to play.

Attached: lilipunches.webm (1000x562, 2.86M)

Killer Instinct

an autocombo mashfest is never a good idea

What video game without constant updates doesnt have a dwindling population again?

You know this is a genre where people collectively coming together and saying characters aren't allowed to be played has to exist right? The filtering process is an incredibly valuable variable in this genre, worrying about people learning is something people are less important when the game inherently has more winners than other genres. The one unemployed Ahole at your pools who devoted weeks of his life at the game gets to only win the matches hes a part of, the shittier players get to still claim victories over eachother, and even give the chance for the advance player to FEEL THE SHAME THATS INHERENTLY PART OF THE GAME FROM TRYING TO BUILT AND CONTRAST A SKILLSET WITH OTHERS.

I undetstand you smash shitters where introduced to playing free forall with a collection of players who learned a simple game from simple cpu play, but things like guilty gear simply couldnt exist without this mindset. Have you even asked yourself why its named that?

but for you

It's free, you can just play the tutorial to learn fundamentals and then uninstall

THIS
I couldn't express this enough. Tekken 6 looked relentlessly smooth, this and the great camera angles alone made t6 bearable. Also t7 removed like 90 win poses for no reason

Attached: 30req9.gif (360x202, 1.52M)

Imagine being this mad

>every fighter recycles animations
yeah no, at least shit fighter redos them for every new game.

>tekken is still the same shit it once was back in 1998 but now with extra juggle time and old ass animations
woah, who would have guessed that the franchise is creatively bankrupt and is doing the call of duty recipe for sequel success

where is tekken 4 remastered with balance updates and glitch fixes? fuck all this flat shit and rectangle stages and fuck the oscars

Attached: 1493173804449.jpg (475x375, 12K)

SF4 has hideous models for the girls and the guys.

>Tekken is for chodes.
Fixed that for you.